Forums / Discussion / General

232,837 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

@Verbose

I don't think the problem with the show will be that we start to see less of Twilight or that her character interactions will be ruined. I think the problem is that if Twilight is an alicorn princess, we SHOULD be seeing less of her and her character interactions for the reasons you've stated. Twilight is being upgraded into a motherfucking god-queen, and the prestige and mystery of that will be completely diminished by her still hanging around Ponyville and fucking around. It will be harder for me to take the show seriously after seeing that. My problem with Hasbro turning Twilight into an Alicorn isn't so much to do with Twilight as it is to do with my suspension of disbelief.

No one realizes how important the alicorn mythos is to the show. When they open up with the story of Luna's fall at the beginning, they establish a history for this world, they give it a substance that can actually be taken seriously. The establishment of history and myth allows me to forget that Equestria is just a toy commercial for retarded little girls and to actually regard it as a strange and interesting new world inhabited by talking ponies and dragons and shit. Tricking me into thinking that this is an actual world inhabited by real characters is the only thing that can make me bother to give a fuck. I care about Dashie winning the young flyer's competition because it is THE premiere Equestria flying event of the year, and if she wins it, she'll be that much closer to getting into THE WONDERBOLTS fansqueal

If you spit on Lauren Faust's awesome alicorn mythology by showing that alicorns can be made whenever Hasbro needs some flimsy excuse to sell their new purple alicorn toy, you force me to realize that this isn't a world with a history, but an extended toy commercial being peddled by some executive pricks. Oh, is Luna having trouble making friends with ponies after 1000 years being away? Who gives a fuck, Hasbro is just trying to increase sales of the blue alicorn toy. Oh, are the settler ponies and the buffalo experiencing serious racial tension that seems difficult to resolve? Who gives a fuck, Hasbro is just trying to open up their new "Ponies in the West" line.

My suspension of disbelief managed to survive some of the stupid shit that Hasbro has forced in rather well, but I really am worried about being able to ignore that pair of purple wings every time I see them.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 11:36AM EST

Pony General VII: The Half-Season Offseason

Pony General VII: We Can Eat All These Apples

Pony General VII: Blame Jimmy For Humans

Pony General VII: We're Out Of Star Wars Movies

What do you guys think is a weirdest thing to come out of the brony fandom? My vote is for Sweet Apple Massacre. (I was eating a Double Whopper while reading it. Like a baws.)

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

Pony General VII: The Half-Season Offseason

Pony General VII: We Can Eat All These Apples

Pony General VII: Blame Jimmy For Humans

Pony General VII: We're Out Of Star Wars Movies

What do you guys think is a weirdest thing to come out of the brony fandom? My vote is for Sweet Apple Massacre. (I was eating a Double Whopper while reading it. Like a baws.)

Anything grim dark or anything that attempts to be giving the source material.

Well! Looks like there's only 22 hours or so before the Twilicorn Introduction episode Airs. And only then will we know if it was a phenomenal Success or a Systematic Failure.

We'll probably have to wait a while after to see if they can keep the character going afterwards, but that can't be helped.

Now excuse me while I try to find a way to stay awake another 8 hours so I can Align my sleep schedule with the Coronation Marathon.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 12:14PM EST

@Thread Title
Considering the recent events, I'd think the next title should be more referential to this whole… business.
I mean, we are rapidly approaching the apocalypse!
Pony General VII: You Could Have Prevented This
Pony General VII: It Didn't Have To End Like This
Doom Faust is just too entertaining for some reason.

(Just in case internet tone isn't working, this is all tongue-in-cheek.)

@Fifths
Luckily for me, I tend to have a pretty strong ability to suspend disbelief.
As long as the story and characters stay interesting, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to ignore (or at least push to the back of my mind) the fact that these changes were primarily commercial in design.
Hell, like you said, the whole show has been an example of that from the very beginning.
Maybe I just got used to it.
This new thing is a major step up so I completely understand your trepidation (I love that word) even if I don't directly share in it.
(If we want to go all Phych 101 on this, you could probably consider me in some continuous form of voluntary self-denial since I will tend to accept most fictional scenarios even in some pretty contrived circumstances. It does make movies and TV more fun, though!)
I do truly hope that everything works out better than we fear and that everyone here is still able to enjoy the show after tomorrow.

@Fifths, down below

@Advance
YOU!

Do you know what you caused?!
The horrors I was forced to endure because of your selfish actions?!
Surely you must have known that the repercussions would be dire, yet you proceeded with no regard for the consequences!
…so much Rarity…

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 01:44PM EST

Spidervance wrote:

hello

@Deadparrot

Oh look at me, I'm Deadparrot, I'm a shining gem of individuality that resists peer pressure, I'm soooooo special.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 01:39PM EST

Fifths wrote:

@Deadparrot

Oh look at me, I'm Deadparrot, I'm a shining gem of individuality that resists peer pressure, I'm soooooo special.

Also, KYM Pony General VII: We weren't prepared for this

@ 5ths sheep image.

Wat?

I… Don't think I get it.

This Fandom is simultaneously made by the rejection of social norms while also applying social pressure to get more to join to an extent.

At this point, Anything anyone does is following the example of another. But that is mainly because there's a choice between two sides.

The alternative is not giving a S###. Which I have managed to do until now… But why now? Because I feel sleepy yet can't let myself sleep yet. So anything to mention is fine…

What the heck am I even saying? Just do what feels natural.

What connection does this piece of music have to My Little Pony? I'll tell you.

The piece was written by the famous German composer Richard Strauss (The guy who wrote Also Spracht Zarathustra, the beginning of which you most certainly recognize as the epic music at the beginning of A Space Odyssey) The piece was inspired at the end of the second world war as the allies were invading Germany. American soldiers had occupied Strauss' home and a small detatchment of soldiers were ordered to guard the old composer. One of them was an oboe player who was throughly familiar with Strauss' work. The oboe player and Strauss talked about music and the soldier asked him if he had ever considered writing an Oboe concerto. Strauss answered no, and that was the end of the discussion.

After the war was over however, Strauss wrote that oboe concerto, requesting that the American premiere be played by the young oboist whom inspired it. That oboist was named John de Lancie, father of an actor also named John de Lancie who did the voice work for one of the villains frienemies in a cartoon called "My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic."

Pretty interesting I thought.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 02:22PM EST

@Thread Title
I cast my vote for Pony General VII: Twilight Sparkle and the Deathly Hasbro. I can't think of anything better.

@Advance
Oh good, you're back. Now I can stop pretending I give a crap. I got rid of Rarity as my avatar, but now my profile image feels empty, like something is missing…

@Episode tomorrow
You know what, I usually wait until the episode is uploaded to youtube in high quality before I watch it. This time, I want to watch the episode when it airs. Does anyone know a website I can watch it in good quality?

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 03:37PM EST

Spidervance wrote:

hello

OUR LORD HAS RETURNED
ALL HAIL LORD ADVANCE AND HIS GLORIOUS CLOP PICS

Now that we're done, I think I'll go ahead and change my name back. I really like this Rarity, though… I think I'll keep it a bit…

Disty wrote:

@Thread Title
I cast my vote for Pony General VII: Twilight Sparkle and the Deathly Hasbro. I can't think of anything better.

@Advance
Oh good, you're back. Now I can stop pretending I give a crap. I got rid of Rarity as my avatar, but now my profile image feels empty, like something is missing…

@Episode tomorrow
You know what, I usually wait until the episode is uploaded to youtube in high quality before I watch it. This time, I want to watch the episode when it airs. Does anyone know a website I can watch it in good quality?

It will probably be live streamed here:

These links livestreamed the previous episode, they'll probably live stream the new one

http://www.bronystate.net/

http://www.justin.tv/haxmega

http://www.bronytv.net/

http://www.livestream.com/thebronynetwork4

http://equestria.tv/

http://www.livestream.com/otakuascendedlive

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 04:26PM EST

@Thread Name
KYM Pony General VII: Twilight Sparkle and the Deathly Hasbro
My vote goes to this..
@Advance

hdmgsvfjavbhkawnrv jkwas mvhkjbrefvjasrhbvmahgvcmahgcvmhgrjvarjshvjakscbkwuehcbkWGJHVBKjwhkvbkjWHKVBJHKSVBkuWYREBVELURHV ICANTCONTAINMYORGANSM
Welcome back..

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 04:47PM EST

@Advance

Have some happy and glorious return music you delightful motherbucker you!

Also, slightly on topic.

Pony General VII: The Friendly Hollows Part 1
Pony General VII: Why are we using Roamin numerals?
Pony General VII: The Balls are inert

Anyway, i'm off to whatever i was doing a few seconds ago.

Edit: That awkward moment when you can't get a youtube video to friggin post… so have an address instead

http://youtu.be/pn-AtNRcUQY

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 05:00PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

You know, I'm really worried that I'm going to love the finale but everyone else will be overly critical of it D:
Such is the life of a casual brony…

It looks like the whole this will be song-based (seven different songs), which will speed it up and allow them to put more into 22 minutes. I'm looking forward to it, and I doubt it'll be displeasing. So far, the only episode I really don't like is Mare Do-Well, simply because of the hero theme to it.

Going back to the anthropomorphic ponies:
Like I said, I can enjoy it when the artist doesn't try to do some weird things with them. My current avatar?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. In the gallery, I've already called it the strangest thing I've post so far.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 05:02PM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

You know, I'm really worried that I'm going to love the finale but everyone else will be overly critical of it D:
Such is the life of a casual brony…

Yeah, #Firstworldcasualbronyproblems all around. From what I hear I'll probably like the season finale (or even….LOVE IT!!!!) but everyone will immediately call it the worst episode ever due to what will happen in the end. It's just nice to know that some people (like most of the nice people here) will give this episode a chance.

@That guy from Prototype Make another KYM thread simulator involving the Fabulous Advance circle jerk and I'll throw you the greatest circle jerk in the world.

Kewln00b The Advanced Kewln00b wrote:

@That guy from Prototype Make another KYM thread simulator involving the Fabulous Advance circle jerk and I’ll throw you the greatest circle jerk in the world.

I will.. My semester have been started this week, i am kinda busy. But i will.

@Thread Title: I cast my vote for Pony General VII: Blame Jimmy For Humans

@Tomorrow's Episode: Am I the only one who actually watches the episodes on TV? Seriously.

New Scenario: What do you suppose happened in this picture?

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

@Tomorrow's Episode: Am I the only one who actually watches the episodes on TV? Seriously.

Hey, I didn't buy this cable package that came with 1000 channels (including the Hub!) just to watch new episodes of Poni on Youtube (unless I miss them in the morning)

As for the picture it's obvious that Applebloom jumped Applejack and took her shit and now Big Mac is taking Applejack to the hospital before he hunts down Applebloom in a scene reminiscent of the hunt scene in 'First Blood'. I knows it.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

I actually have the Hub, but I just do not care enough to wake up at 10 on a weekend. If I ever do wake up early enough I watch it, but meh I usually just catch the youtube uploads.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

The quest for Lincoln's Gold.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

You know what happened in this scene. Two shooting stars were born.

Mr Tutorial wrote:

Why man, why you gotta make me feel like that?

Hey Applejack, Rainbow Dash has a father LOLOLO-…….

Ouch, I can't even make fun of that without my humanity pimp slapping me over and over, and I deserve it.

Last edited Feb 15, 2013 at 09:50PM EST

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

This picture is actually pretty funny!
See, AJ is crying because she thinks she lost her hat when it's really been around her neck the whole time!
It's like when people put their glasses on their heads and freakout when they can't see.
AJ ran herself ragged looking for her cherished possession all day and when Big Mac found her, he realized that pointing out her mistake would only make her feel worse.
She'll go to bed and he'll put the hat on the nightstand for her to find in the morning.
There, significant feels averted.
coughdeadparentscough

Kind of a spoiler?
Just a semi-vague tweet from Meghan McCarthy.
<div class=spoiler title=Spoiler?">

Hmm…
it's definitely nice to know that they have plans in the works, but that really sounds like we might be getting a bit of a cliff-hanger tomorrow.
Or, most likely, the finale will be a stand-alone story but with a number of unanswered questions that will be picked up in season four's opener.
And so the long wait begins anew…

Daft Punkjet wrote:

You know what happened in this scene. Two shooting stars were born.

Also I didn't realize the finale was tomorrow. Do you guys think the worst of the alicorn drama is over or is it only beginning?

Iamslow wrote:

Also I didn't realize the finale was tomorrow. Do you guys think the worst of the alicorn drama is over or is it only beginning?

Pointless to speculate this close to showtime, just ride the wave and i'll see you on the other side.

"Mother buckers we've got a THIRD song confirmed, looks like we might have a bonafide musical episode on our hands and just think, THERE'S MORE SONGS considering even Celestia will be singing at one point….personally I think this is my favorite song from the episode so far……maybe.
here have a link

Shit! I thought I posted in here like 3 hours ago! Dumb mobile phone! Anyways, here's what I was trying to post:

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

You guys! Megan McCarth posted (now 3 hours ago) that "she feels that the season finale is more of a three parter" and that "the #bronies are going to have to wait for parts 2 and 3."

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

That is all.

Iamslow wrote:

There is next to no doubt in my mind that even if the finale turns out awesome, the people who were against Twilicorn from the start will still complain about it, be overly critical of the episode, and be completely dissatisfied and begin once again on their Hasbro rage. I don't think this will be everyone, but I'm still not looking forward to reading those few comments from the negative nancies of the fandom.

Anyone doing anything special for Ponyday I mean Saturday? I'm personally having my first pony meet up tomorrow at my place. Having some guys and gals over to watch this pony marathon then watch the season finale…Got my Suit ready for the occasion and I hope to god I hope no one brings a Fedora.

Hey everyone!

Since tonight is the lead-up to the big finale, I figured some people might be interested in a bit of a marathon!
I've got all of Season Three queued up and ready to go, so come on in and let's rock this: SYNCHTUBE
I'll wait… 15 minutes from the time I post this to start the first episode and we'll just run right through them!

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Shit. Too much apple ale for typing.

@Kewln00b
I don't have the hub. I don't even have the full internet @ home? I have to go to my school to stream ponies. I should live on campus. The school I used to go to had a bronies group (w/ Teh Brawler in it) now I is all alone b/c I won't join the local bronies on face book. I only watch it w/ my brother occasionlly, but tomorrow I'll be watching it alon, in the library, w/ headphones so no pony will hear me.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!