Forums / Discussion / General

169,943 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

The last page started off a little negative, and we had a bit of difficulty finding a good, new topic to work off of.

This time, let’s work a bit off the Equestria Girls idea, but mix it a bit with an underdeveloped topic from a little while back.

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

These are, of course, opinions. Let’s not attack others over them unless they’re knowingly and intentionally being jackasses.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 02:54AM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 02:51AM EST
Quote

Princess Celestia wrote:

The last page started off a little negative, and we had a bit of difficulty finding a good, new topic to work off of.

This time, let’s work a bit off the Equestria Girls idea, but mix it a bit with an underdeveloped topic from a little while back.

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

These are, of course, opinions. Let’s not attack others over them unless they’re knowingly and intentionally being jackasses.

Okay…. Let’s roll with that.

Human/Anthro
Fine with most levels, provided it looks GOOD. Heck, even if something falls into the uncanny valley I usually just laugh. But if it looks bad it looks bad. The level of humanization, Anthopomorphic-ness or even the reverse of those two doesn’t factor into that, but whether one understands fundamental principles of “What looks good” does. Which is why I’m fine with other artists doing the “Almost Human” thing with the ponies and leaving the skin as the pony colors, but rage over the fact that the concept vectors for Equestria Girls look off.

Unacceptable traits
None, again, it doesn’t worry me… Unless someone has no understanding of biology or it just looks bad. Equestria Girls needs to fix the cheekbone problem for example, real cheekbones barely stick out at all, and if anything should be considered part of the eye details, considering when I feel it, it grows off the eye socket bone and if anything goes forward, not outward.

What Human parts I like
Well… I suppose it depends, though usually I think the Bipedal thing and the hand thing is good. Though Any number of features are interesting if done well. Even Quadrupedal but with a human like torso is good if they work it well. Really, I guess I like every feature of both humans and ponies so flexibility is good. I don’t see much of a point to human feet though.

I have no idea what four is asking…

Sexualization
Hmm… Not sure if asking if it’s bad… or how I would do it,,,
But anyways, I don’t mind sexualisation, provided it’s tasteful and not some gross out affair with fluids everywhere. Also… Provided it actually looks good.
Though for my own preferences, I tend to go with the ponies in Underwear regardless of level of humanization. The whole spectrum of underwear is also acceptable, but the often overlooked “Boyshorts” which are pretty much boxer-briefs for females except shorter, those are nice. And Sock or Stockings are nice, but the length should be adjusted to account for how much the underwear look like they cover; sort of an inversely proportionate thing.

Too much detail?

Mar 03, 2013 at 04:05AM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?

I’m an “everything goes” kinda guy. Whether or not I find it appealing is very circumstantial, largely dependent on the art style, the artist’s skill and a whole bunch of other unquantifiable factors. Always been kinda annoyed with humanizations, though. Oh sure, they can be quite nice to look at, don’t get me wrong, I just think it’s a bit creatively bankrupt. The market’s oversaturated with human characters already, you’d think people would be bored with that particular shtick already. I certainly am.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?

Pah, no such thing as “unacceptable” in my book. And I’ll bet I’ve seen things that would make the most horrifying thing you lot can imagine seem like cute kittens and rainbows. In fact, I admire the artists that deliberately incorporate what people consider unacceptable into their works, since that takes solid 30oz brass balls.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?

Well, hands. It’s just about the only redeeming quality of the human body if you ask me. Sure, they’re just as boring as the rest of the bits, but at least they’re a degree more practical. Everything else can be substituted with better stuff from other sources.

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?

As ZeroBlue4 pointed out, this question is rather confusing. I’m guessing you’re asking whether we prefer sexy or cute? If so, I don’t see why we can’t have both. In fact, there’s not a whole lot of difference between the two if you ask me. Considering how attractive people usually get described with a wide variety of words synonymous with both “cute” and “sexy”, the divide is a false construct, born out of one nonsensical reason or another.

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

How do I “deal with” sexualizations? Hah! I make sexualizations.
or at least I would, if I could get me some privacy ’round these parts

I’ve always been baffled by the folk who can’t take the heat. Yeah, sex involves lots of bodily fluids, bizarre acrobatics and emotional turmoil. I thought we came to terms with the reality of that about a century ago. Guess I gave humanity too much credit, as usual. Heh, for something so intrinsic to our very being, we sure demonize it a lot.

Then there’s the yahoos who think it ruins the innocence. Pah! Sex can be perfectly innocent, you know. Well actually, I guess you wouldn’t, considering how you ‘murrican folk have been spoon-fed various flavours of bullshit about it since childhood. There’s a reason Europe considers your culture to be rather backwards, you know.

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:51AM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
As long as they don’t have horse faces, it’s okay to me.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
Tails, but it’s not THAT bad.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
Feets and hands. I mean hooves won’t work.

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
Huh…

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?
You mean Rule 34? It’s something that WILL happen, if it isn’t happening right now.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:27AM EST
Quote

“a standard” should be “safe for work”. Not really sure what went wrong there.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 12:39PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 12:37PM EST
Quote

CrazyMoon Said:

“a standard” should be “safe for work”. Not really sure what went wrong there.

In which case, my answer is the same as most of the others I made: “I’m fine with it either way.”

Mar 03, 2013 at 01:17PM EST
Quote

First off, I realized that I posted 5 or 6 images for a post a while back. It’s probably OK to do every once in a while, but I could have just as easily put them behind links. I really should have kept it to 2 or 3.


In regards to what I want to see from Equestria Girls:

  1. To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
    1. I think what I’m seeing from the most recent image line-up is “acceptable.” The hoof-like legs are more endearing than weird to me, the pony-tails to make-up for actual ponytails is a decent idea, the skin color was weird in the first image in the “high school” but less so in the image with the blue background. I am glad that there are clothes.
  2. Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
    1. In terms of what I’d watch without overwhelming, immediate discomfort, I think noticeable fur would be very off-putting. I’ve never liked horned humanizations (I’m glad that we’re not seeing that as of yet.) A face that’s more horse/cat/animal than human would also be uncomfortable. I can handle tails and ears. That’s more “cat girl” territory, I think.
  3. What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
    1. I think it’s all here. I can’t break it down much further than what Brownmane suggested: hands are nice, only because I never liked “magic/dextrous hooves.”
  4. Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or (safe for work)?
    1. Well, they’re high school girls from what we can gather. I’d prefer completely safe for work as an adult.
  5. How would you deal with sexualization of it?
    1. It would be a bit too furry to not cringe when I see it. The style is more appealing that what it was in the toy magazine image, but I still cringe when I see NSFW furry art, and this is too far from humanization (“cat girl” is uncomfortable for me even when everything else is more human.) In regards to how others see it, I don’t like sexualization of underaged characters. Period. If they appear underaged or if they are known to be in a situation where they are underaged (i.e., high school students), then I think the fantasizing of it is about as wrong as fantasizing about a teen as an adult without having any intentions of having sex with her.

As for Brownmane’s comments:

I’ve always been baffled by the folk who can’t take the heat. Yeah, sex involves lots of bodily fluids, bizarre acrobatics and emotional turmoil. I thought we came to terms with the reality of that about a century ago. Guess I gave humanity too much credit, as usual. Heh, for something so intrinsic to our very being, we sure demonize it a lot.

Then there’s the yahoos who think it ruins the innocence. Pah! Sex can be perfectly innocent, you know. Well actually, I guess you wouldn’t, considering how you ‘murrican folk have been spoon-fed various flavours of bullshit about it since childhood. There’s a reason Europe considers your culture to be rather backwards, you know.

Well, let’s not pretend that sex isn’t always alright. I never liked the “it’s natural/innate, so it shouldn’t be villified” argument. Sex is serious business. You can get a STI rather quickly even if you’re prepared, and you can get someone pregnant/get pregnant yourself. Does our natural inclination justify sleeping around on your significant other? Heck, if we just went with what was natural to my species and paid no heed to what she wanted, the risk of getting another woman pregnant, or the risk of getting an STI and giving it to my significant other, then

Yes, sex needs restrictions. I don’t think it should have as much or as many as the US puts on it, but it needs restrictions. I think anyone who’s in a healthy sexual relationship knows others or knows themselves to not sleep around and to use protection. That’s not even talking about hygiene: lubrication for those who need it, proper cleaning before and after (from the bodies involved to the toys used to the fabric also.)

Sex isn’t a light issue, even if the discussion topic is (we should be more open about talking about sex in the US.) It’s considered “fowl” because of those reasons above. It shouldn’t be as taboo as it is over here, but it should be taken more seriously than what you’re presenting (granted, you only gave two paragraphs and their focus seemed to be to take an opposite stance that most of us believe is more correct, and not the complete and logically sound stance).

Also, it’s confusing to dangerously intriguing for a child to simply be exposed to sex at certain stages of development. If you show a kid sex at age 3, then they may just think it’s just messy, pee-filled wrestling. If you show the same kid at age 10, then they may be interested and may try to do some of what they saw. And age 10 isn’t a good age mentally for a child to have their sexual debut. I think kids should know about sex to some extent before they become interested (e.g., getting “funny feelings around girls/boys,” wanting to know what the opposite sex looks like naked, etc.), but you have to present it in a way that is suitable for their level of maturity. With most adolescents (apologies to any teens here,) self-esteem isn’t easy to come by.

…Being bad at sex (which most will be their first few or several times at it) will not help. That’s an embarrassment only older teens should experience. And I’m personally going to appeal to my own kids (>implying) to not have sex until they can handle a kid financially and personally (and a high school education won’t be enough here.) Of course, there’s the option to abort if the 0.03% chance occurs among The Pill and a condom with spermacide, but I don’t think anyone should bank on that, even if I wasn’t opposed to abortion in most cases.

Social science, if you put any stock into that sort of thing.

You also have to consider where the US is in regards to how most think about sex. I don’t think it should be as taboo as it is, but even if I could make all beaches topless or nude, legalize prostitution, and mandate that schools teach a federal and standardized, I wouldn’t with our culture the way it is. It would serve to segregate those who feel strongly about sex, and only create health disparities for teens and young adults.
 
Social change takes time and proper effort in education. Calling a culture backwards does nothing but insult them. It will make them less likely to take up your argument, because as much as I appreciate logic, it’s much easier to take when the other side is giving the logic in order to help you instead of to insult you or to prove their superiority (whether or not that was your intent, Brownmane, that was the effect I perceived.)

I get that it’s not en vogue to care about the US, and the US isn’t great at handling global issues according to the perception a lot of non-US citizens have. But if you do care, then the snark from other cultures only serves to put us more at odds with each other.


Oh, finally, I’ll probably stop the poll once the responses come to a stop. I haven’t checked in the past several hours, so that may be soon.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 01:52PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 01:43PM EST

How many of you guys have Steam? I’d like to add you if that’s okay. Mah steam username is easipete.

Pony
try banning me now, Verbose

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 01:50PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 01:45PM EST
Quote

Spidervance wrote:

How many of you guys have Steam? I’d like to add you if that’s okay. Mah steam username is easipete.

Pony
try banning me now, Verbose

This is my Steam. I can’t add anybody, however, since I’m too cheap to buy any games.

Mar 03, 2013 at 01:48PM EST

@Brownmane

Don’t you think it’s rather foolish to stereotype an entire country which prides itself on its diversity of opinions? Personally, I don’t care who you sleep with or what porn you jerk it to so long as it doesn’t hurt anyone and you’re not pushing it in my face. That’s the general attitude exemplified by American law, and I think it’s a very civilized way to run a country.

@Crazy

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?

Anything that doesn’t fall into the uncanny valley of “Almost human, but not quite.” Equestria girls is a great example of what I don’t like.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?

No, only bad combinations.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?

The human traits in the pones are a good example. Suggesting at human facial features goes a long way towards giving your character a personality. I also think that the use of human mannerisms helps makes your characters relatable (The tendency of the ponies to stand on two legs, hugs, Lyra sitting, etc.)

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?

I’m guessing that you’re asking whether we like sexy human traits added to our anthropomorphized stuff. I think this question boils to down to just whether or not be like sexualized cartoon characters given that I can’t personally imagine a completely unanthropomorphized thing being considered sexy. Personally, I don’t like anthropomorphizations that make the character a blatent sex object, but I don’t mind if an anthropomorphized character is given sexual characteristics (Like bedroom eyes or a bodaciosu posterior) if it’s context appropriate.

Basically, I’m fine with this

Not with this

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

(I love this tumblr)

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:12PM EST
Quote

Spidervance wrote:

How many of you guys have Steam? I’d like to add you if that’s okay. Mah steam username is easipete.

Pony
try banning me now, Verbose

I’m here. Anyone who wants to add me is welcome to.

Mar 03, 2013 at 02:19PM EST
Quote

Fifths Wrote some stuff and posted this Image and said ’e be not fine with it:

I’m fine with it in terms of how anthropomorphized it is or not. I don’t see a problem on that front.

My only problems come from the fact that those breasts are way out of proportion.

And for some reason something in my head keeps going off and telling me it looks too much like a guy if you ignore the breasts. Something about the shoulders being too square or broad or something, and a tiny detail in the face that I can’t pinpoint, but it’s probably the jawline being to wide.

In other words, my problem with it is that the image you’re using as an example makes Rainbow Dash look like a Post-Op Transgender Patient. (Male to Female)

(Edit: Whoops! Completely missed the context of why you objected to it! Something to do with it being sexualized to the point of being a “Sex Object”… Yeah, I see why that’s bad. It seems completely out of character, and is kinda ridiculous for that approach to be taken.)

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 03:33PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 03:05PM EST
Quote

Spidervance wrote:

How many of you guys have Steam? I’d like to add you if that’s okay. Mah steam username is easipete.

Pony
try banning me now, Verbose

my steam account is right here

Anyone can feel free to friend me because I am oh so alone in this world

On the subject of anthros, I really don’t give much thought to it. I just decide on the spot whether I like something that’s anthro or I don’t. It usually has to do with the artist’s style. As far as Equestria Girls is concerned, I can’t really bring myself to completely hate the designs like most others do. It does scream middle school anime art to me though.

Mar 03, 2013 at 05:49PM EST
Quote

Synctube is down right now, I cannot create a room nor can I access my account via the cloud servers which are still operational when the main live version is down.

My Steam Profile.
Feel free to add me.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 06:55PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 06:26PM EST
Quote

Synctube is back up, I will not be able to join for a bit but do not hesitate to start without me.
Room
Edit: To bad I do not have time to update the banner.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 07:19PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 07:19PM EST
Quote

Hi there!

I haven’t had time to put any posts together in awhile, but I’ve been watching you guys.

Oh I’ve been watching you guys.

But mostly I’ve been watching game grumps to get me through the pony drought that’s kicking my ass a lot more than I thought it would AND IT’S ONLY BEEN, LIKE, A COUPLE WEEKS.

@new equestria girls art

I think their ears are cute.

@Crazy

I’m not really picky when it comes to humanization, and I think Shepherd0821 does anthro best.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 09:04PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 09:02PM EST
Quote

So any of youze guys wanna synchtube it up, or what?
I’ll be waiting here …alone.

Last edited Mar 03, 2013 at 10:30PM EST
Mar 03, 2013 at 10:21PM EST
Quote

Did I just miss out on another synctube? Ah, whatever. I’m always busy on Sunday nights anyway…

About Equestria Grills, I really don’t have much to say. The design of the characters don’t offend me. In fact, I don’t think it looks too bad for what it is. There is only one thing that matters to me: Is the show going to be good or not? Either way, it’s just a spinoff. It’s not going to affect my feelings toward the actual show. Hopefully, it will be good. If not, we could just ignore it.

serious picture

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:48AM EST
Quote

Disturbed B wrote:

Did I just miss out on another synctube? Ah, whatever. I’m always busy on Sunday nights anyway…

About Equestria Grills, I really don’t have much to say. The design of the characters don’t offend me. In fact, I don’t think it looks too bad for what it is. There is only one thing that matters to me: Is the show going to be good or not? Either way, it’s just a spinoff. It’s not going to affect my feelings toward the actual show. Hopefully, it will be good. If not, we could just ignore it.

serious picture

Don’t worry. SynchTube is getting hit by DDoS attacks, so we weren’t able to stream for a very long time.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:50AM EST
Quote

Princess Celestia wrote:

The last page started off a little negative, and we had a bit of difficulty finding a good, new topic to work off of.

This time, let’s work a bit off the Equestria Girls idea, but mix it a bit with an underdeveloped topic from a little while back.

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

These are, of course, opinions. Let’s not attack others over them unless they’re knowingly and intentionally being jackasses.

Late to the game, but I’ll give it a go:

1 – Whatever looks good.
I know that there have been examples from just about every point on the anthro ‘spectrum’ that I have liked and disliked.
It’s all in the execution.
In fact, for a while I thought the current designs were more animal than they actually are.
It took me at least three looks to realize that what I thought were their ‘tails’ are actually just really long… ponytails…
Like the head… ones… not…
Damn this terminology…

2 – Same as 1, really.
Plenty of potential stumbling blocks, but no single aspect that would ever be a total deal-breaker by itself.

3 – Everyone else has already said it, but really the only significant ‘human’ thing missing from the ponies are hands.

4 – Even knowing about the typo, this question seems weird.
Is it asking about what the sexual tone of the show would be?
If so, I can guarantee it will be pretty light, though not non-existent.
Hell, the show we have now has Rarity fawning after stallions and Spike fawning after Rarity so some level of sexual attraction is evident, but obviously not made too explicit or overt.
If this new show is shooting for an older demographic, I’d expect to see some similar themes come up on occasion, maybe more.
Plus, like Bulletproof said, the ponies are already naked:

5 – Ha, I like how the future tense of the question implies that it hasn’t happened yet.

Well, MLP has had humanizations pretty much from day 1, and plenty of sexualization of them to go right along with it.
Really, there probably won’t be much of a change other than giving people a ‘canon’ human version of the characters to draw.
Verbose did bring up the ‘high-school’ thing which definitely adds another layer, but when has that ever stopped the internet?
Basically, the new show isn’t going to open up any new avenues that haven’t been explored by art of the main show already.
I will continue dealing with it as I always have.


@Steam
Here I am!


@Iamslow
Hey, me too!
Exudes got me into those freaking videos a few weeks ago.
Luckily, they seem to have plenty of content to get through.


@Verbs/Sex talk
Usually when I hear about the ‘U.S. is backwards on sex’ thing, it is in comparison to the typical treatment of violence.
Sex is pretty heavily tabooed while violence is played up.
For example, take The Walking Dead.
I think I read that it was recently called ‘the most violent show in history’ and it’s pretty easy to see why.
The show is famous for ‘not cutting away.’
A zombie gets its head cut off or smashed in… or shot… or exploded, they show it in all its gory detail.
But even with all that crazy super-violence, I don’t ever expect them to show a boob.
That’s just one of those weird cultural lines that TV is not allowed to cross.
Now, to be fair, these taboos have been waning consistently year to year, as social tolerances (or just TV’s endless need to one-up itself) give way to more and more previously banned content making it to air, but we are still in an odd place when even the mildest of graphic sexual content is ‘worse’ than the most graphic acts of violence.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 01:23AM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 01:22AM EST
Quote

One last comment about the Equestria Girls designs… Those pony tail extension things really piss me off for some reason. If you’re going to have something that looks like a tail, just give them tails!


As DeadParrot says, the taboo on sex (at least in the media) wanes more and more each year. Hell, it’s improved a lot considering that in the days of I Love Lucy on television a married couple had to sleep in separate beds and you couldn’t say the word “pregnant”.


Psst, to people already getting pony withdrawal:

!!

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 02:01AM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 02:01AM EST
Quote

Spidervance wrote:

How many of you guys have Steam? I’d like to add you if that’s okay. Mah steam username is easipete.

Pony
try banning me now, Verbose

My steam name is the same as here: Blue Screen (of Death)


@anyone

When you see me online on steam, feel free to chat anytime. If I’m on steam them I’m not busy.


@Topic

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

1 – I see no reason to apply “standards” of any kind. Art is art and anthro can be expressed in any way the artists feels and at any degree or magnitude of anthro from “human with horse ears” to “horse with human shape”. There are no rules.

So in other words, any level is fine by me. Artist freedom FTW

2 – It’s usually what characters are depicted in doing rather than how they appear that could rustle my jimmies. Like those creepy diaper fetishes…disgusting

But I like it better when people keep things in proportion. Massive fat bellies or gigantic boobs the size of beach ball are distasteful to me. I don’t see why people think that stuff is sexy, but meh. Each to their own I guess.

I would also prefer it if Anthro characters had hands instead of hooves to properly draw the line between furry/anthro and “horse with tits”. I’ve gone into detail about that in earlier pages.

But then again, if art is disturbing me, then it’s doing it’s job. I want art to inflict emotion and make me feel. That includes feeling of disgust. So I have no objection to such things.

I do however object to depiction of fillies (kids) in sexual context, anthro or not. Now THAT is too far.

3 – Dat hourglass shape. Need I say more?

4 – I don’t think I particularly care either way. Going back to what I said earlier, I really have no expectations of standard whatsoever and accept whatever the artists feels like making. My taste doesn’t have many clearly contrasting area’s on the anthro scale

Although when it comes to finding anthro sexy then I lean towards either fully humanized or a 50/50 split (human body, arms, legs/pony tail, head etc). I find myself less interested in humans with tails or ponies with boobs.

But I’m not really that fussy about it

5 – I grew up and matured. Quite simple

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 02:32AM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 02:15AM EST
Quote

@Steam
Commodore_128 is the name (because Commodore_64 was already taken). Although I tend to play games offline most of the time, if at all. I’m really more of a console gamer.

@humanization
If humanization must be done, I prefer it to be done all the way. I just don’t understand those half-pony-half-human pictures… I dunno, people with hooves and tails just weird me out a bit. Is that why I can’t take the main character of Final Fantasy IX seriously? Probably.

That being said, I do enjoy seeing people’s interpretations of various characters in the show as humans every now and again though. It is kinda neat to see them in a different light.

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:49AM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?

All levels are. I do not judge art based on the level of human of anthro, but instead go after quality and humor. If it’s good or funny, I’ll like it.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?

Those extreme levels of obese can make me feel uncomfortable at times, but even then I won’t hate it. And even that is not on the levels of anthro, so unrelated to the topic. Furries, monster girls, tentacles, you name it. You can’t avoid this stuff on the internet, so I learned myself to simply deal with it.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?

TEETS TEETS TEETS

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?

If it goes on the level of nudity, I will prefer to look at full human instead of animal or anthro. But as I said before, if the quality is good and it approaches the topic in a correct way, I’ll like it. I am not easily disgusted by art. I’m an adult, not a 12 year old disgusted by cooties.

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 10:47AM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 10:45AM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
Don’t really care, grew up in a time where Anthro cartoons and video games were still really big (with Ninja Turtles and Fucking Star Fox being my favorite) so I say as long as they’re well written and entertaining in the way they’re supposed to be (or even if they’re unintentionally entertaining) I wouldn’t give a rats ass about how they look. They could be chick with a large dick that shits from her ears on a daily basis and I’d still watch it Because that’s my fetish if it was well done….I’d be disgusted but I’d enjoy it if was well made.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
I’m tired and I can’t wrap my brain around this at the moment lololololololol my head hurts.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
Being a Straight Young Adult all I can say is this booooooooobies

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
Umm….I’m still tired and I’ll try to answer this the best way I think this says. You’re asking me if I like a sexy half human or a sexy whole human more right? Well if that’s the case I’d say I’d prefer a whole human over a furry character anyday.

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?
I don’t really, I don’t really even look at porn anymore let alone furry porn. I made an account on Furaffinity when I was 15 because my friend said it was an awesome place for porn but didn’t tell me it was furry porn. I haven’t touched that account since then. I guess to not sound like some holier than thou prude I guess I should say I don’t mind saucy artwork like the stuff that’s posted on KYM. But once it hits porn status that’s where I draw the line. Man I suck at being a 20 something man.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:16AM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
Tufts of fur would be a bit weird in the context of humanized ponies, but it all depends on the context and quality to me.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
It’s a spectrum -- the more human-like you make the characters, the less glaringly unhuman traits fit. Unicorn horns, for example, wouldn’t fit very human-like characters. Also, it depends on the context of the other characters -- if those characters are actually human, then it doesn’t make sense for them to just accept as normal pony ears and wings, which is one of the reasons I don’t like Regular Show that much.

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
In terms of sexual attraction, I like them homo sapiens girls. But again, anthros can be done well.

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

Mar 04, 2013 at 02:21PM EST
Quote

1 – To you, what is an acceptable level of anthropomorphism/humanization?
Any art that mirrors the same “slice-of-life” vibe as originally presented in the show.

2 – Are certain traits entirely unacceptable?
Diapers. ಠ_ಠ

3 – What exactly do you like about the human body that you would want to see emulated?
ha

4 – Do you prefer a sexy part/whole human or a standard?
It must be entirely human.

5 – How would you deal with sexualization of it?

Regarding Steam accounts, my alias has always been on my profile for the better part of two months now.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 04:10PM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 03:49PM EST
Quote


So that’s why she got to be a flower girl at the wedding!

I mean, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are sisters of bridesmaids, but Scootaloo never made sense until now!

(Larson, why you so weird?)

Mar 04, 2013 at 06:31PM EST
Quote

Deadparrot posted:

Dammit Larson, why you gotta make it so hard for me?

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 07:11PM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 07:10PM EST
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:


So that’s why she got to be a flower girl at the wedding!

I mean, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are sisters of bridesmaids, but Scootaloo never made sense until now!

(Larson, why you so weird?)

Must be true if Larson said it, I mean he’s always 100% serious so I guess this must be true.

Cadence is Scootaloo’s mom everybody!

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:16PM EST
Quote

Kewln00b? wrote:

Must be true if Larson said it, I mean he’s always 100% serious so I guess this must be true.

Cadence is Scootaloo’s mom everybody!

Wait… Cadence is recently married and appeared in the Season 2 finale. I don’t want to assume that Shining Armor and Cadence had a kid before marriage and gave her up for adoption…

But if Shining Armor isn’t the father…


THEN WHO IS THE FATHER?

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 08:08PM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 08:03PM EST

bioniclebrony? wrote:

Wait… Cadence is recently married and appeared in the Season 2 finale. I don’t want to assume that Shining Armor and Cadence had a kid before marriage and gave her up for adoption…

But if Shining Armor isn’t the father…


THEN WHO IS THE FATHER?

Obviously it would be Big Mac, there’s not a lot of Stallions in the world so he must be the father to 100’s of illegitimate foals.

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:09PM EST
Quote

@Scoot’s father

Colonel X Cadence is my new OTP
I’m just gonna let the imagery of that ship burn into your skull for a bit.

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:54PM EST
Quote

Okay… Quick Discussion bait since I have to get going… So I’ll just leave the seed:

In Fan Fiction or fan art, writing the direct descendant of important characters is annoying.

However…

Writing a descendant much further down the line by a great number of generations is much less of a hassle.

I want to see if you guys agree, and if you come up with a similar reason to me to explain it.

… But I need to go now. I’ll be back Later.

Last edited Mar 04, 2013 at 10:20PM EST
Mar 04, 2013 at 10:20PM EST
Quote

Please…

Obviously Scootaloo’s father is Soarin.

It makes perfect sense. It even explains why her parents are never around. Cadence is too busy with her royal duties he he duty and Soarin is too busy touring with the Wonderbolts, so they left her in Ponyville to live with… uh, I don’t know… Cheerilee. That or she lives on the streets.

Mar 04, 2013 at 10:27PM EST
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:

@Scoot’s father

Colonel X Cadence is my new OTP
I’m just gonna let the imagery of that ship burn into your skull for a bit.

I’ve already started writing the fanfics. Here’s a sneak preview.

Later that night after a satisfying dinner Cadence and Sanders sneak onto the Young Colonel’s father’s barn. The Two climb up the ladder giggling the way up to the haystack the two love birds have been eying for quite some time. Sanders playfully throws Cadence on the haystack as he rolls up right next to her looking into her eyes, the two look deep into eachother’s eyes as Sander’s hand moves towards Cadence’s chest. “Wait” Cadence says quite quickly, “Sanders I don’t think I’m ready for this. I mean Shining Armor is…” before Cadence can finish Sanders puts his fingers on his lips and responds, “Hey I say I say shut up and put my popcorn chicken in your mouth”.

How was that? Am I master of literature and subtlety or what?

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:21PM EST
Quote

Someone fucking help me.
Please.

My little sister, who is fond of MLP, recently searched up a page that had an animation of R34 or some shit and my parents saw it.
It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on me and then my life will be ruined.

Please, what do I do?

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:08AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Someone fucking help me.
Please.

My little sister, who is fond of MLP, recently searched up a page that had an animation of R34 or some shit and my parents saw it.
It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on me and then my life will be ruined.

Please, what do I do?

Just say that there are sick people who do that stuff as a joke. Make it very clear that you are not one of them.

It might not be the absolute truth- but I think it’ll help.

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 12:21AM EST
Mar 05, 2013 at 12:19AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Someone fucking help me.
Please.

My little sister, who is fond of MLP, recently searched up a page that had an animation of R34 or some shit and my parents saw it.
It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on me and then my life will be ruined.

Please, what do I do?

I think you’ll be fine. However, if they do go out on some limb of parental control, the best thing you can do is state that you avoid that like the plague, and are a hugbox-fan to the end.

Try making a derpibooru account and blocking out the tags Explicit, Questionable, Suggestive, Grimdark… and so on. Pretty much everything that isn’t just ponies being snuggly, adorable, or memetic. Like and fave a few things, and give a few SFW comments in non-argument comment sections. Use this as proof that sexual ponies are not in your interests.

Basically: Tell the truth if that’s true of you, lie if it isn’t. Clean up your searching for a week or two following the confrontation to add consistency to your statements.

If they still go ahead and block your pony: Do what every other teenager does and just enjoy pony where they are unaware.


This advice should not be applied to anything other than ponies like drugs, ditching classes, or unprotected sex. Seriously. I wouldn’t even be saying that shit if ponies weren’t completely harmless.

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 12:31AM EST
Mar 05, 2013 at 12:29AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Someone fucking help me.
Please.

My little sister, who is fond of MLP, recently searched up a page that had an animation of R34 or some shit and my parents saw it.
It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on me and then my life will be ruined.

Please, what do I do?

Was it a bookmark saved on your computer? If so use the great old excuse, you like the show and one of your friends thought you were one of ‘those’ fans and sent you that, then when you were disgusted by the page you clicked off but your dumbass browser saved it (no joke that happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME!) then tell them you told that guy to fuck off or something. Then tell them you’re only here to watch the show, see cool fanart and all that shit.

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:35AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

Someone fucking help me.
Please.

My little sister, who is fond of MLP, recently searched up a page that had an animation of R34 or some shit and my parents saw it.
It’s only a matter of time before they crack down on me and then my life will be ruined.

Please, what do I do?

How did your sister find this exactly? And how old is she (you can just give general age)? Did she purposefully find this page or did she find it on accident?
I ask these questions because if she did happen to find this page on accident then you could make precautions that keep her from finding stuff like that on the internet.

If your parents confront you on the matter, you don’t have to tell them that you are into rule 34 pony (if you are into it, of course). You should tell them honestly that this sort of thing is a part of the internet, but far from the focal point of the fandom, and is something that can easily be avoided in the future. Just make sure to stay calm about it, don’t raise your voice or anything because that will never help your case.

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:41AM EST
Quote

It wasn’t on my computer at all, guys. D:
It was on the iPad that my family uses.

And they don’t even know I am a friggin brony at all. My little sister was the one who accidentally searched that thing up.

I’m really terrified right now, I think I may be overthinking about this situation at hand, but the stress is really getting to me and the only people who I can turn to are you guys, because I have a family member familiar with the internet who lives a good distance away and knows all about this stuff, but I can contact him at all because I don’t have his phone number.

If you want to know about her age:
She’s 8.

I think my parents are disturbed right now, I’m not going to bother with them.

EDIT: I’m calmer about it right now. I’m just hoping they probably talk it out with my little sister or something.

It’s fine, Kewl, no need to worry. I think the situation is getting under control now, but I am still a bit worried.

Should I break the news to my parents that I am a brony?

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 01:01AM EST
Mar 05, 2013 at 12:52AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

It wasn’t on my computer at all, guys. D:
It was on the iPad that my family uses.

And they don’t even know I am a friggin brony at all. My little sister was the one who accidentally searched that thing up.

I’m really terrified right now, I think I may be overthinking about this situation at hand, but the stress is really getting to me and the only people who I can turn to are you guys, because I have a family member familiar with the internet who lives a good distance away and knows all about this stuff, but I can contact him at all because I don’t have his phone number.

If you want to know about her age:
She’s 8.

I think my parents are disturbed right now, I’m not going to bother with them.

EDIT: I’m calmer about it right now. I’m just hoping they probably talk it out with my little sister or something.

It’s fine, Kewl, no need to worry. I think the situation is getting under control now, but I am still a bit worried.

Should I break the news to my parents that I am a brony?

Welp, I’m sorry but I didn’t start this brony stuff until I left the nest so I wouldn’t know how to deal with parents on the issue.

Sorry Bro.

Mar 05, 2013 at 12:57AM EST
Quote

Lone K. the Creeper wrote:

Should I break the news to my parents that I am a brony?

I will forever be confused about this question. Not just from you, but from a lot of people. It seems like a question about coming out of the closet to your parents. It’s not nearly as severe or life-balancing as that.

Now, to actually answer your question:
It’s your decision. Telling them would allow you to purchase merch openly, and might make your life a little bit more enjoyable. It could also make them freak out and accuse you of liking that hardcore stuff.
If it’s the former: You’re good to go! Celebrate with ponies.
If it’s the latter: Calm down. Your parents love you, and this isn’t going to destroy their opinion of you in any way. If they ask if you like that kind of stuff (and reference the porn), firmly tell them “no”. Proceed to tell them that you wanted them to know that you liked ponies. and what the deal was before they discovered it on their own and made assumptions or something. Feel awkward. Don’t talk for a little while. Be fine the next day.

If they do forbid you from pony.. Well, you’ve hidden it for this long, right? If they find you watching FiM again and get ticked off, the worst they’ll probably do is ground you. Just make sure you’re not looking at R34 when you get caught, okay?

If you decide not to tell them: Carry on, soldier.


Oh! And if they ask if you’re the one who exposed your sister to that image, just be honest. They need to put a filter on that tablet anyway if there’s an 8-year-old using it.

Last edited Mar 05, 2013 at 01:25AM EST
Mar 05, 2013 at 01:14AM EST
Quote

The fact that there is no internet filter on the family tablet when there is an 8 year old who uses it is rather odd to me.

Mar 05, 2013 at 01:27AM EST
Quote

@Lone K

Silly fool. What were you doing looking up R34 on a family tablet?

Life Lesson: If you don’t want anyone else to see it, don’t put it something anyone else sees

Just tell them you are a teen male and by your nature you are going to be looking at porn. Your parents already know this and will understand. Disregard the fact that it was MLP porn, that should be beside the point. However, keep your stuff private from now on and stay off the family tablet

DO NOT tell them you are a Brony if the question is “why were you looking at porn?”. Your parents will immediately conclude that “Brony” = “porn” and you don’t want them getting that idea

You can tell them you are a Brony if they catch you watching an episode, just not if they catch you looking at porn. Following?

Mar 05, 2013 at 01:33AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!