Forums / General

195,813 total conversations in 5,394 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

@Cite

We’re just kidding, you know how much we love you ;)

Anyway why not ditch Icons entirely? Most people are abandoning having shortcuts on the desktop now that you can pin stuff to the task bar/start menu or get a dock plugin. Then that wallpaper will be an option. It does look pretty cool.


Also R34 discussion DENIED. This is a Berry Punch thread

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Quote

So, new page, new topic time!
For entirely self-serving reasons, I’d like to discuss the previous generation.
I think most bronies would probably like to pretend G3.5 never existed, but I think I have found one small aspect that I want to salvage.

Yeah, that’s right Scootaloo had a frickin’ parrot!
mfw:

(No, I don’t care that it was for a Halloween costume. Shut up.)
Despite my own… personal reasons, I actually do like the idea of Scootaloo having a pet parrot.
I think it would work really well with her character.
It’s rainbow-colored like her hero and she could teach it to say any silly little self-aggrandizing things she wanted.

It also reminds me of a great comic I saw way back when I first started watching this show:

So, in an effort to pretend that this wasn’t a post completely devoted to my own name having a tangential canon relationship to my favorite pony, does anyone else have any detail that they might like to see carried over from a previous incarnation of MLP?

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:50AM EDT
Quote

Scootaloo is Cheerilee’s sister.

THAT’S RIGHT, I WENT THERE, MOTHERFUCKERS!

I would have been serious, too, if it weren’t for you meddling episodes and your Hearts and Hooves Day. That damaged credibility for that idea majorly.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, it’d be neat to have minor references to past villains, without them actually be in there. For example, going the way of the Discorderly Conduct tumblr and put them in as allies to Discord in days long past. Or just a statue in the background of some ruins the characters find themselves in.

Jul 26, 2012 at 01:54AM EDT
Quote

>too busy to post all week
>come back and it’s page 34
>remember how my mom almost saw my sexy humanized mlp mp3 wallpaper once
>luckily she was too distracted by all the spaghetti pouring out of my pockets at the time as I fumbled with the thing to obscure her view of it to notice
>lose spaghetti just thinking about it
>realize I actually had spaghetti for dinner
>the spaghetti has been doubled

@Parrot

Not really a small detail but A Smooze episode could be cool

I like how it looks like a clusterfuck of Muks and Grimers.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 02:17AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT
Quote

This music should help set the mood for the page.

Also, I for one welcome our drunken thread overlord.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:09AM EDT
Quote

DeadParrot222 wrote:

So, new page, new topic time!
For entirely self-serving reasons, I’d like to discuss the previous generation.
I think most bronies would probably like to pretend G3.5 never existed, but I think I have found one small aspect that I want to salvage.

Yeah, that’s right Scootaloo had a frickin’ parrot!
mfw:

(No, I don’t care that it was for a Halloween costume. Shut up.)
Despite my own… personal reasons, I actually do like the idea of Scootaloo having a pet parrot.
I think it would work really well with her character.
It’s rainbow-colored like her hero and she could teach it to say any silly little self-aggrandizing things she wanted.

It also reminds me of a great comic I saw way back when I first started watching this show:

So, in an effort to pretend that this wasn’t a post completely devoted to my own name having a tangential canon relationship to my favorite pony, does anyone else have any detail that they might like to see carried over from a previous incarnation of MLP?

That could almost work, except Rainbow already has the awesomest pet around, Tank. And it’s not that Scootaloo isn’t awesome, she is, it’s just that she wouldn’t make a very good pet, at least in relation to Tank, who serves as a perfect foil to Rainbow Dash, in addition to being at least 20% cooler than every other pet. But since that comic is quite amusing, and was made before Tank even existed, it gets a pass.

You know what, Rainbow should adopt Scootaloo as her sister, and Tank can be the family pet. Think of all the concentrated awesomeness in one family.

And yes, I did feel the need to quote your post with two massive pictures in it.


Did I hear someone say Berry Punch and Cherilee?

Because I thought I heard someone say Berry Punch and Cherilee.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 02:51AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 02:46AM EDT
Quote

DeadParrot222 said:

[. . .] does anyone else have any detail that they might like to see carried over from a previous incarnation of MLP?

Well… click on through if you’re curious.

Here.
And here.
And this.
And for some reason this.
This one’s the best.
This is also pretty funny.

So there you have it, those darned G1 fans have gone and made me crack up at bushwoolies. I discovered they can even be kind of amusing in their canon appearances:

And while I’m linking a bunch of Discorderly Conduct’s G1 stuff, I might as well mention that it makes Grogar look kinda impressive.

I guess I wouldn’t mind seeing some antics from a freaky demon goat monster.

And if any of you find some way to relate all of this to page/R34, I will be greatly disturbed.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 05:15AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 05:14AM EDT
Quote

Blue Screen (of death) wrote:

@Cite
We’re just kidding, you know how much we love you ;)
Anyway why not ditch Icons entirely? Most people are abandoning having shortcuts on the desktop now that you can pin stuff to the task bar/start menu or get a dock plugin. Then that wallpaper will be an option. It does look pretty cool.


But it’s not the saaaaaaaame. I need icons for… some reason. I dunno.

Jul 26, 2012 at 07:36AM EDT
Quote

Well I’m back after a couple of weeks of…not being back. What is the current topic of discussion? Is Cite posting again? Did I miss anything big? I ALWAYS SEEM TO MISS BIG THINGS! :(

EDIT: I find it very unsettling that I chose to return on Page 34….

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 07:55AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 07:54AM EDT
Quote

@Verbose

“This page should not be accessed directly”

I have a feeling you were intending to show us something else other that the VocalTwit homepage. Do elaborate on that.

Unless you are legitimately offended by the concept of sharing tweets through voice as well as text so there is now twice the potential for obnoxiousness.

Also is it funny that I googled “VocalTwit” and the first result was Tara Strong?


@Phoenix

Well I’m back after a couple of weeks of…not being back. What is the current topic of discussion? Is Cite posting again? Did I miss anything big? I ALWAYS SEEM TO MISS BIG THINGS! :(
EDIT: I find it very unsettling that I chose to return on Page 34….

I’m not sure what we are doing. We were talking about the Bronycon documentary until then once again someone needed to bring up R34 (stemming of the question of whether or not the documentary will address it).

The Bronycon documentary discussion ended immediately when this thread began…I mean like, the last few posts of page 33 were essentially: “DROP EVERYTHING! R34!”

Now that we are on page 34; we’re kind of discussing whatever, while remaining awkwardly silent on R34 despite the subject hanging on everyone’s minds…but I know you all want to to discuss it… Absolutely none of you can resist such an attractive and voluptuous topic…

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 09:47AM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:33AM EDT
Quote

Oh wow, I missed a lot of crap. Who told you guys you were allowed to have interesting conversations without me? I was under the assumption that you ceased existing as soon as I clicked away.

@Bieber is a brony

I…don’t know how to react to this. The mlp fandom was kind of defined by the fact that it was a small little counter-culture trend, and now we’ve got Bieber taking us up. Is this part of the shift where mlp starts to become mainstream and shitty as a result? Can we expect an influx of haters and preteen girls to start joining us?

Hate to be dreary, but it sounds like the fandom has reached critical mass and we’re at the stage where it all starts to suck.

@Dac and brony documentary

You know, I think bronies and brony culture could make a legitimately interesting documentary if the journalists making it weren’t there for the express purpose of doing a huge ego whack-off. If you could find someone to report on us completely and fully without trying to glorify or demonize us, that’s something I’d be really interested in watching. I doubt I’ll watch the one they’re making now though on account of con bronies creeping me the fuck out.

@Dead Parrot

1st rule of Scootaloo fandom, you do not talk about older Scootaloos
2nd rule of Scootaloo fandom, YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT OLDER SCOOTALOOS

@Star gazer

How do you not find those things to be completely hideous?

@Rule 34 discussion

Don’t you people ever get tired of this shit?

@Berry Punch page

God yes, I need a fucking drink.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 12:28PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 12:23PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Maybe Bieber is a bit more mainstream than we’re all accustomed to, and yes, he has legions of young female followers, but so what? Maybe a bunch of those girls suddenly think it’s cool to be a brony because Justin Bieber said it was cool. They’ll start watching the show, and maybe they buy some stuff from Hot Topic or whatever. It won’t go any farther. Sure, maybe you’ll start seeing obnoxious preteen girls in brony shirts in public, but that’s the worst that could happen. I doubt any of them ever go on the Internet anyways, except maybe on Facebook and 9gag. Bronydom wouldn’t be flooded with Bieber fans. Shoot, maybe some of them do try it out, and actually become functioning members of brony society. That’d be fine with me. But most people are quick to move on from things they don’t enjoy, so a lot of these girls would probably give up on MLP pretty fast if they didn’t legitimately enjoy it.

And because it’s deviantArt.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT
Quote

@documentary: Meh.

@Cite liking something: …
BREET BREET BREET
LEVEL 10 ALERT
THE APOCALYPSE COMETH

@da biebz: …so that’s a thing. Honestly, I fail to see how this is newsworthy.

@Scootaparrot: Hey, DeadParrot, maybe you can be Scootaloo’s pet! Geddit, because you’re a par-
>DeadParrot
>Dead
…well shit.

@Blingpony; Which pony would work the best for being gold-plated? I think it would be one of the alicorns, or Vinyl, or Fancy Pants/Fleur-De-Lis/Photo Finish/you get the drift. why do i know so many of these names

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:19PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths
Not sure, it must be the fact that it’s gold plated and has diamond eyes. I would buy one, wear it, and run around shouting “SWAG!!” at people for no apparent reason.

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:24PM EDT
Quote

And the bieber stuff is a hoax. Why do you guys believe everything at first sight?

Jul 26, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT
Quote

Oh come on, that was such an obvious shoop, you silly peoples. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if Justin Bieber was a closet brony.

I would totally buy a Photo Finish necklace for $450. It would be wunderbar. Fancy Pants would be cool too.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 03:15PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 03:15PM EDT
Quote

Whitishcollar wrote:

And the bieber stuff is a hoax. Why do you guys believe everything at first sight?

I came here to type that. First of all, look at the tweet.

What you notice is that his grammar is better in this one tweet than the rest. Second, if he did make such a tweet, then the backlash from rabid fangirls would be almost immediate, and the media would have picked it up for the Hollywood story of the day. And the last peice of incriminating evidence is when he says ‘caps’. Let me ask you, do you watch ‘caps’ of a show? No. Because ‘caps’ is short for capitulos which, in Spanish, is used as the equivalent to ‘episode’. So this was the work of a Spanish speaking shooper as it is unlikely that the Biebs suddenly started using Spanish terms. Also this
And for that whole Berry Punch thing…

Drinking may be fun… but the day after…

Jul 26, 2012 at 03:22PM EDT
Quote

Twins wrote:

Did I hear someone say Berry Punch and Cherilee?
Because I thought I heard someone say Berry Punch and Cherilee.

Yes, let’s have some more of us.

Jul 26, 2012 at 03:40PM EDT
Quote

I dont even think Justin knows the password to his own twitter page, let alone would he ever be allowed to publicly call himself a brony.

It’s obviously not real.

Jul 26, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Quote

This page is getting boring. Have whatever the hell this is.

Oh, and some mandatory pony.

Jul 26, 2012 at 04:02PM EDT
Quote

Jul 26, 2012 at 07:24PM EDT

Windigo with salad wrote:

I don’t know it this is slowpoke but season three confirmed for 13 episodes

Skip to 15:37

Also McCarthy is the head writer for season three and came up with most of the premises.

REALLY?!?

I don’t see a rational explanation! I mean, is obvious the cartoon is a huge success, people that are not the target audience are watching the show/buying the toys. By the point of view of business, there is no reason to stop at 13 episodes.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Quote

@Slinker

We can hope for that optimistically but you just know this is going to revive past fears that the show will end at…what was it?…64 episodes? Something like that, I can’t remember. Get ready for all the MLP apocalypse threads.

I’m sure more news will come around so personally I’ll wait and see before jumping to conclusions


@Fifths

I…don’t know how to react to this.

I know how I am going to react to this

Don’t you people ever get tired of this shit?

No, never. In the near entire year I have been here (gosh, its been that long) I have never seen any end to R34 discussion on this thread. Somebody always brings it up, always. Nobody can ever let it go. Everyone has to voice their opinion on it. It’s the pandora’s box of PG

God yes, I need a fucking drink.

Now that I think about it, I could use a drink too. I think I’ll spend the weekend at my mates place today and trash myself on Vodka.

What do you think Berry Punch? Is that a good idea?

She agrees

Jul 26, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:

I don’t know it this is slowpoke but season three confirmed for 13 episodes

Skip to 15:37

Also McCarthy is the head writer for season three and came up with most of the premises.


Jesus H Christ! That’s not just slowpoke, that’s a comatose level -1 slowpoke with all his legs amputated. Don’t worry though, verbose posted something a while back that hinted at it being a full season, plus we’ve been over the whole “bad buisnness” part and its pretty obvious they won’t stop at three seasons.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT
Quote

@Dac the non-bender
Ah, but this is the first time it’s been confirmed with 100% certainty.
Congratulations! My Slowpoke evolved into a Smugleaf!


(I don’t know how that happened, but whatever)

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT
Quote

I’m pretty sure it was confirmed or something that there were 26 episodes, but they just completed the first thirteen during Season 2 or something, and were still working on the last half or will be touching up on them during Season 3. They might take a break around the middle of the season to finish up the second half, which is where the ‘only 13 episodes’ came from, I think.

And saying it’s going to end at that is ridiculous. I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed they’re making more seasons and that the show is a massive success. They had a several million strong viewership for the S2 finale, and that will only become stronger.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
Quote

Windigo with salad wrote:

I don’t know it this is slowpoke but season three confirmed for 13 episodes

Skip to 15:37

Also McCarthy is the head writer for season three and came up with most of the premises.

Like I said, I fully expect it to be made into a full 26 episode season. The Hub won’t let their most successful show off the hook that easily.

Jul 26, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT
Quote

I heard R34 based page
Sexy me?

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT

Windigo with salad wrote:

@Dac the non-bender
Ah, but this is the first time it’s been confirmed with 100% certainty.
Congratulations! My Slowpoke evolved into a Smugleaf!


(I don’t know how that happened, but whatever)

Dafaq did you say to me bitch! Imma burn your smug ass.

Anyways, didn’t they announce that the hub ordered 13 episodes for season three a long time ago?

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT
Quote

For mechwarrior/battletech fans out there:

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 09:19PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Quote

Yeah, I read the Thessalonica Legacy a long time ago. I greatly enjoyed it! There are a couple other decent MLP/Battletech crossover fics out there.

It seems an odd type of Crossover but it works usually.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

@dac

Yeah, but it was pretty much just a rumor for months and that sounded like a pretty solid confirmation. She specifically said it was a “shortened season” in that recording.

I don’t see how this means the show will end to some people, though. According to this hasbro was apparently just playing it safe this time around by ordering half a season because Faust and Renzetti left. I’m thinking if things go well without them and they order more seasons they will probably have 26 eps again.

EQD post aboot the recording

Also Rarity, I’m real happy for you and imma let you be fabulous, but Pinkie Pie is the best, fanciest pony of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 10:09PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:58PM EDT
Quote

This was the worst page 34 ever. Rainbow Dash thinks you don’t love her anymore.

Anyways, 13 episodes? It’s whatever. The fandom has proven pretty good at carrying me through pony droughts, and it’s highly unlikely the season has been shortened because the show is being cancelled. I’m not concerned, unless all of the episodes turn out to be complete shitte.

At this point, I have a confession to make: I haven’t seen five episodes from season 2. Please forgive me.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 10:45PM EDT
Quote

To be honest, I really hate that next season is only 13 episodes. 13 is a really bad number, and I’m not saying that because of the superstition. Whenever I see 13 in the context of TV, I think of this:

And I get really worried.

Now, we can all be rest assured that Hasbro would never do that. They’re not the smartest entertainment company out there, but they’re at least ten times smarter than Fox, especially for embracing obscure fans rather than shunning them. But I can’t help but think this is rather out of place. We’ve had two full seasons so far, and now they’re cutting it down, and I can’t but wonder why. I think the great hope is that they’re working on something bigger, like a movie. Maybe the staff is just overworked, and they’re cutting down to take themselves off the chopping block they were on throughout last year, which is totally fine. I just feel like there should be more.

Keep calm and carry on, ladies and gentlemen.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT
Quote

Shoot! I forgot it’s page 34!

Anyway, I suppose I should put in my two cents regarding the shorter season. I Assume it means we’re going to have smaller gaps between seasons as opposed to big gaps. Sort of like some schools have one big summer break each year, while some schools have the year cut into smaller chunks with a bunch of short gaps in between. It’s a thought.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT
Quote

Dear princess Celestia,

today I had a chance to lose my virginity but failed,
but good news, I got my cutie mark after i managed to piss off the girl I was flirting with, it’s the socially awkward penguin meme.

Your forever alone and horny student, OmniXVII

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT
Quote

@Fridge
Oh, god, Firefly!
Why did you leave us so soon?
You were so young… So full of life…
Yeah, after all this brony stuff, not to mention success in their target demo, I can’t possibly imagine Hasbro shutting MLP down any time soon.
Windigo kinda ninja’d me, but I was also thinking that they might be moving to a more year-round production schedule, where 13 episodes are made for winter release and 13 for summer or something like that.
I wonder if they are trying to mitigate a loos of interest in the show that can occur over these long gaps in between seasons.
Well, all we can do is wait and see what happens.

And now for something completely different:
“Look, here are three little plushies…”

image host

Expertly made by the awesomely talented FIREFLYTWINKLETOES over on DeviantArt!

There was a small Scoota-showdown, but they got over it pretty quick.

img upload

Plush master, away!

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

This was the worst page 34 ever. Rainbow Dash thinks you don’t love her anymore.

Oh well, at least you still have the image gallery. Plenty of R34 there for everyone.

Speaking of which, is anyone starting to think Advance is getting a little too ahead of himself with his uploads? (I mean, that Octavia/Rarity pic…hot damn…that’s pretty close to overstepping the rules if it doesn’t already.) The guy is already causing JJ to complain. If he keeps it up, he will get more.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT
Jul 27, 2012 at 12:12AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!