Forums / Discussion / General

232,902 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

This was the worst page 34 ever. Rainbow Dash thinks you don’t love her anymore.

Oh well, at least you still have the image gallery. Plenty of R34 there for everyone.

Speaking of which, is anyone starting to think Advance is getting a little too ahead of himself with his uploads? (I mean, that Octavia/Rarity pic…hot damn…that's pretty close to overstepping the rules if it doesn't already.) The guy is already causing JJ to complain. If he keeps it up, he will get more.

He's not breaking any rules nor constantly spamming it. But I'll keep an eye out on him. You are most likely correct on him getting a bit full of himself. Contributing to the gallery is ok, but it's not a game of seeing how far you can push the NSFW before getting warned.

Edit: I am removing that Rarity X Octavia though, it's a bit too borderline.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 12:30AM EDT

It's actually quite common for studios to order half a seasons' worth of episodes at a time, just to play it safe. If you actually think they're going to end it at 65 episodes, you're a silly head.

And yeah, that pic is really pushing it. Even without explicit nudity, it's extremely NSFW; ergo, it should probably be removed.

Guess what time it is! That's right it's Tumblr time!

I know whichever one of you guys sent me this question with the intent on rustling my jimmies, but it was too good to resist.

Linky

Also, way to ask a question I'm not sure I'm prepared to answer Verbose! I STILL NEED TO FIGURE SOME STUFF OUT YA JARK!

@DoctorHobo

Everything is irrelevant. We are discussing nothing!

And I make more animations. There will be no gif because A. there's no need to spam this virgin page with gifs and B. they don't like Soarin'. Very strange. Exporting as a gif from Flash ruins the colors, but making a gif preview in GIMP doesn't.

Edit: Zut alors! Giga beat me to self-promotion!

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 02:47AM EDT

Derpy Vaz wrote:

season 3 confirmed 13 episodes

Thank you Captain Nine-Hours-Ago!

It's not really a concern, sure it's a bummer we're getting a short season, but the same thing happened to Futurama and LoK. It's hit the end of it's first-run syndication and based on how successful it was (spoiler alert: very) will or will not be renewed for another season next year.

Gigatoast wrote:

Guess what time it is! That's right it's Tumblr time!

I know whichever one of you guys sent me this question with the intent on rustling my jimmies, but it was too good to resist.

Linky

Also, way to ask a question I'm not sure I'm prepared to answer Verbose! I STILL NEED TO FIGURE SOME STUFF OUT YA JARK!

I wonder…

And stop making me feel bad that I can't contribute to the fandom in any meaningful way. Y'all are just so talented :(.

@badsitrep
I don't think that's true. After all, we all know twins and she doesn't seem to be that perver-

Twins the Lachrymose Lamprey wrote:

I personally have no qualms about R34 ponies, and I’m always quick to espouse my “live and let live” attitude towards it. Normally I’d rather not see it, but sometimes I have these sudden, random urges to look us as much r34 as I possibly can. It’s weird.

Uh… Never mind…

@65eps: Yeah. There is such a thing as cartoon cutting off at 65 episodes, but FiM is generally driven by the sales of G4 toys so I suppose as long as toys get moved the show goes on.

@Exudes: SOARINQUEST

@Gigatost: Well you can't blame whoever asked that, they do have similar colour schemes. Also your drawing is amazing.

@Twins: Join the club. I can't really contribute much either.

I got a feeling that season 3 will be a fall season. Then season 4 will probably premiere in the spring and only air 13 episodes like season 3.

Totally unrelated to anything that this forum is about…

But for people who have played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic…

There was a shocking revelation made to me.

If one plays as a female…the character (female) Juhani (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a5/Juhanihead.jpg) starts to feel intimate…

Towards a female playable character.

I've owned this game for nine years and never saw that one coming (I've always played male P.C.).

Since this is a pony forum, I'll post poni:

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 03:08PM EDT

@Nightmare Moon
That's not your cake!
This is your cake!

(Damn, I made myself hungry…)

@Moomin
Wow, you guys all know what a Moomin is?
That's amazing… because I sure don't.
What's a Moomin?

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 03:12PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Nightmare Moon
That's not your cake!
This is your cake!

(Damn, I made myself hungry…)

@Moomin
Wow, you guys all know what a Moomin is?
That's amazing… because I sure don't.
What's a Moomin?

Zarathh wrote:

Why hast thou summoned me?

Seriusly, that's my jam (though the finnish version of the song is waaaaay better).

In case you hadn't noticed Windigo, my username kinda makes it obvious that I know about Moomin too. It's THE best cartoon of my childhood, and I recently watched the first season when they aired the re-run on TV.

Hell, I even drew this crossover fanart a good while back.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT

Are we being random today? That's good, because I am obligated to post this.

These guys are awesome.

Hey, has anyone ever noticed that I always link these pictures back to dA? Just curious.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 05:45PM EDT

null wrote:

@badsitrep
I don't think that's true. After all, we all know twins and she doesn't seem to be that perver-

Twins the Lachrymose Lamprey wrote:

I personally have no qualms about R34 ponies, and I’m always quick to espouse my “live and let live” attitude towards it. Normally I’d rather not see it, but sometimes I have these sudden, random urges to look us as much r34 as I possibly can. It’s weird.

Uh… Never mind…

His post reads "artists", not "all". There can be a billion pegasisters, but if 9 of 10 artists amongst them are rampant perverts, it's still 90%.

About the KYM users that contribute to the fandom we have:

• Gigatoast and Muumi make art.
  • Connor and Deadparrot wrote fanfics.
  • Fifths has his music.
  • There was a poster who made PMVs.
  • I have my work on the KYM entries.
  • Opspe and Verbose have their survey.
  • Calpain posts on EqD.
  • Some names I'm forgetting.

If you don't have anything you're a stain in this fandom, shame on you.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

His post reads "artists", not "all". There can be a billion pegasisters, but if 9 of 10 artists amongst them are rampant perverts, it's still 90%.

About the KYM users that contribute to the fandom we have:

• Gigatoast and Muumi make art.
  • Connor and Deadparrot wrote fanfics.
  • Fifths has his music.
  • There was a poster who made PMVs.
  • I have my work on the KYM entries.
  • Opspe and Verbose have their survey.
  • Calpain posts on EqD.
  • Some names I'm forgetting.

If you don't have anything you're a stain in this fandom, shame on you.

I make vectors and videos from time to time.

I suppose conversation is its own form of contribution as well, right?

Millennial Dan wrote:

I make vectors and videos from time to time.

I suppose conversation is its own form of contribution as well, right?

It's nice to have a sane environment in KYM to post ponies, myself not exactly being a fan of Reddit or 4chan. Also, curse your dA page. Curse everyone's. Why do I have almost 4,000 page views and only 12 followers? There are people with 500 page views and twice as many followers.

"Some names I'm forgetting."

The nice thing about animation is I will never cease complaining that it is under appreciated, even though it's what this fandom was built around. I really need to make some serious animations, like stuff I can post on YouTube. Any ideas?

@Sparty

Soarinquest? Good gods, making that one repeating wall segment was bad enough, and I don't think I could bring myself to use bitmaps.

Last edited Jul 27, 2012 at 07:18PM EDT

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Totally unrelated to anything that this forum is about…

But for people who have played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic…

There was a shocking revelation made to me.

If one plays as a female…the character (female) Juhani (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/a5/Juhanihead.jpg) starts to feel intimate…

Towards a female playable character.

I've owned this game for nine years and never saw that one coming (I've always played male P.C.).

Since this is a pony forum, I'll post poni:

You're just learning this? Ya, it was a pretty ballsy thing that Bioware did with the Star Wars property rights.

Do you remember that one bitch in the academy, the one who mistakes you for a Padawan and demands to know why you aren't dressed as one? The one who joins the sith academy if you kill Juhani? The commonly accepted theory are that she and Juhani were lesbian lovers. I think she even mentions at one point in conversation how she and Juhani would spend many an evening together under the starry sky.

How is it that I remember this shit but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning?

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here but can we please get an Admin in the pony image gallery? Someone posted hentai and chucky cheese R34.

Sorry to interrupt you guys, but if you're in the Southern Hemisphere (or at least California) I run some brony TF2 servers for Australians

We're still working out the kinks (ie, getting the map rotation we want, humiliation time, idle time before kick, MOTD,…etc) I'm also planning a huge party with prizes like the last time I handed out 300$ worth of gifts for Christmas on our old server.

[AuB] Aussie Bronies Public Server 24 slots
v
27.50.71.216:27015

[AuB] Red Star's Romance Dungeon (14 slot Scrim server)
v
27.50.71.15:27015

Fifths wrote:

You're just learning this? Ya, it was a pretty ballsy thing that Bioware did with the Star Wars property rights.

Do you remember that one bitch in the academy, the one who mistakes you for a Padawan and demands to know why you aren't dressed as one? The one who joins the sith academy if you kill Juhani? The commonly accepted theory are that she and Juhani were lesbian lovers. I think she even mentions at one point in conversation how she and Juhani would spend many an evening together under the starry sky.

How is it that I remember this shit but can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning?

Because heterosexual men like lesbians, at least those in fantasy, not so sure about real ones though…

Just in case anyone was still worried about the 13 episode episode season, William Anderson (Mr. Background Music) put this on his DeviantArt: SOURCE BECAUSE TINY

So Season 3 is shorter… because reasons.
Sounds like there may be something interesting on the horizon beyond additional seasons, too.
Movie perhaps?

How about a spin-off/crossover series starring everyone's (i.e. 'my') favorite pony?

Last edited Jul 28, 2012 at 02:39AM EDT

@DeadParrot

Put that optimism down, and pick up that phone. I'm going to need you to hold it for a bit.

Now when Meghan McCarthy said that Season 3 would have only 13 episodes as compared to the 26 the previous seasons had, she said that she got in trouble (according to rumors.) I could understand that: Hasbro didn't want to let much of anything get out. The Smile Song, premiere dates…especially from DHX.

So what makes you think that Will Anderson could confirm, even loosely, multiple seasons after this one?

For one, he simply can't. Hasbro would ax a show if it began to bomb for some reason or wasn't selling toys. I doubt that, but there isn't a contract saying "Make 4-6 more seasons of varying lengths that we will most definitely air no matter what."

Second, that's a lot to hint at. Multiple seasons? Special reasons? Either he is very secure in his job (because I know Hasbro has warned the various team members about having loose lips,) or he's nuts (a distinct possibility: Daniel and William can't make fitting and beautiful music without being a little nutty. I know you're nuts, Daniel. Stop acting so normal.)

Third, remember when Jayson Thiessen said that there was more to tell with Trixie? We thought Trixie was coming back in Season 2. 26 episodes, and she only got one mention in passing. Granted, Chrysalis (at least the Cadence version was voiced and sung by the same voice actress (the people watching it with me can tell you that I kept saying "I'm getting Trixie vibes." it was her voice, apparently.) So any vague confirmation may not even be a confirmation.

And finally, maybe he's speaking about shows in general. Any show could have more seasons after the syndication point of 65 episodes. I think he was just saying that these shows have episodes of varying lengths for different reasons.

Now. Do I believe all of what I said?

Not a lick lolz.

But it does seem really odd that a person who isn't specifically from The Hub or Hasbro can say or even hint at there being many seasons. If that's the case…

And I'll finally consider it:

Then this show is a lot more successful than I had thought. And Hasbro is keeping how much of a goldmine this is under wraps.

Yes, I gave Thor some karma! He deserved it.

Last edited Jul 28, 2012 at 10:56AM EDT

@Fifths

As I said, I was always Male PC, so I never found out until recently.

I never even bothered with a female one, until KOTOR 2, and that was years after when the card and book came out saying that the PC in that game was supposed to be female.

Another ballsy thing was that in the male Bastila romance she tells you to kiss her, and then it says 'several hours later'

No prizes for guessing what that suggests.

wtf is this?

Verbose wrote:

Now when Meghan McCarthy said that Season 3 would have only 13 episodes as compared to the 26 the previous seasons had, she said that she got in trouble (according to rumors.) I could understand that: Hasbro didn’t want to let much of anything get out. The Smile Song, premiere dates…especially from DHX.

So what makes you think that Will Anderson could confirm, even loosely, multiple seasons after this one?

You'd be surprised at how easy it is to circumvent NDAs..

Dear Princess Celestia,
today I learned that my friends ask for money too often and forget to pay me back a lot. Moral of the story, take his/her phone when they borrow money, so that you can hold it ransom until they pay you back.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!