Forums / Discussion / General

169,617 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

You know what be a good idea for an episode? There should be an alternate what-if version of the series premiere. What would happen if Celestia was evil instead of Luna?

Aug 21, 2012 at 02:56PM EDT
Quote

@Chowzburgerz

Everyone dies from heatstroke or exposure, whichever kills you first.
The sun is pretty brutal.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:01PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose
As awkward as meeting a person for the first time eh? Well you can count on me being as awkward as humanly possible then; I absolutely abhor meeting new people. And it’s not because I don’t like people in general, since I actually do find most people to be really interesting and cool once I get to know them (that is, if I get to know them), it’s more so because I hate awkwardness from the bottom of my heart, and it is those exactly those situations that create it. Remember when Twilight first met Fluttershy in first episode? That would be me. Maybe even worse than that.

It’s not like I don’t have good, basic social skills, since I’m about as exuberant and random as Pinkie Pie when I’m around my friends, or at least, people I’m comfortable around with. I guess it’s just that I always try to make a good first impression, which forces me to not act like my normal, silly self, which in turn leaves me with nothing to say. I’ve learned to cope with this by just avoiding any contact with strangers at all if I can help it. Like, on a bus, if I’m not with a friend, I try to find an empty seat, and then feign sleep/indifference until I get off. I was in the situation Fifths was in, with the hot girl on one end, and the bronies on the other, I’d choose neither and just sit there, intently listening to every single word of conversation passing by, but never have the courage to bring myself into it. And if someone does attempt to strike up a conversation, I’m left completely off-guard, which just compounds the awkwardness to infinity. What I’m saying is, I’m quite a tough nut to crack, but once you get past the initial awkwardness and distance, I’m actually a fun person to be around. Usually.

However, perhaps meeting someone from KYM wouldn’t be so bad. After all, I’ve gotten to know a lot of people here pretty well, and I suppose we could find some topic of interest to discuss about eventually, whether it be ponies, music, or nothing at all (but in the good sort of way like Seinfeld). I present myself as a lot more eloquent online than I actually am IRL (which is why I often fail at making coherent TL;DRs), but I think that you all can get the basic gist of my personality through my posting style here.


And so I embark on my quest to read Tiny Wings.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 04:30PM EDT
Quote

@What if:

Like an alternate reality that Twilight inexplicably sees into or something? That might be interesting, but I can’t see how it’d be much more different than subverting the trope that darkness is usually evil. It’d still be awesome to see Celestia’s corrupt form, and all that, but I don’t really think it’d warrant its one episode.

Relevant:

IT IS SO GLORIOUSLY INCANDESCENT I CAN HARDLY FEEL MY EYEBALLS!

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:34PM EDT
Quote

@What if

What if My Little Pony was a boy?

(There’s no way in Hell I’m the first person to make that joke. I apologize in advance.)

Keep in mind, it’s a show for little girls, and even with my great age and wisdom, alternate universe fics still throw me for a loop, and I have to make stuff up to fit them in with canon.

Personally, I’d like to see something a little more creative; leave the alternate universe stuff for the fandom. It’d be a bit tricky to work realistically into the MLP universe, even with Twilight being a 1337 h4x0r m4g3, and I can’t see it working out any different than the season one premier.

@Twins

More eloquent on the Internet? One of the many things I pride myself on is that, aside from the fact that I don’t type in a southern accent, I generally speak in the same manner on the Internet as I do in real life.

Also, as far as meeting people IRL that you met on the Internet, my mommy told me not to do that because I’ll get kidnapped.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 05:53PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 05:51PM EDT
Quote

@Twins

Hmm, a tough nut to crack eh? Well, I always love a good challenge. Tell me if you’re ever down in Chicago Twins. (Totally not a ploy to lure you over for my vengeane)

Aug 21, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT
Quote

@exudes
What, you speak like that in real life? I jelly. I tend to do so in a very Pinkie-like manner, in non sequiturs and generally silly randomness. Doesn’t help the fact that I often find myself referencing or breaking out into song lyrics at random. You know, I actually have a rotating list of songs for this very purpose at all times. Right now it’s something like “As Long as You Love Me” by Justin Bieber, “Lights” by Ellie Goulding, “Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap, “No Surprises” by Radiohead, and “Take on Me” by a-ha. I don’t even like half of the songs in it; it’s just whatever happens to be stuck in my head at the moment.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m pathetic.

@fifths

I’m not planning to being in Chicago any time soon, but if I ever get around to it, I’ll be sure to at least consider meeting with a random person off the internet who may or may not be a convicted sex offender and may or may not be mentally sane (a guy that likes ponies? what’s wrong with you?).


So I finished reading Tiny Wings. I had my qualms at first, as it completely went against my headcanon on Scootaloo, but once I took a second to let that go, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. Especially the ending, which imo was almost as great as the season 2 finale one. So yes, I’m about 3 months late on this, but you did a really nice job bro.

Also I raped your wall.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 06:50PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT
Quote

No one will notice this because everyone is just looking at pics. In fact, no one will even know that I have been lurking on these forums ever since I “left”.

Aug 21, 2012 at 07:21PM EDT
Quote

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@What if:

Like an alternate reality that Twilight inexplicably sees into or something? That might be interesting, but I can’t see how it’d be much more different than subverting the trope that darkness is usually evil. It’d still be awesome to see Celestia’s corrupt form, and all that, but I don’t really think it’d warrant its one episode.

Relevant:

IT IS SO GLORIOUSLY INCANDESCENT I CAN HARDLY FEEL MY EYEBALLS!

Lightmare Sun.

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

I have been absent quite awhile. when I finally returned to the site, I lurked. again. but i’m good now.
Sorry if I have interrupted a discussion, but how is everyone?

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT

@Twins
Oh God, my poor wall…

Glad you wound up enjoying it (though I am a bit curious what your headcanon was that was getting in the way at first.).
I’ve never had someone compare it to the show itself, especially not the finale, so I will take that as quite the compliment!
Thanks for all the feedback!

As for your speech up above, your personality sounds somewhat similar to my own in a number of ways.
I typically dread meeting new people due all of the societal stigma that surround first impressions and ‘casual’ conversation in general, but I can open up a bit more once I get to know someone.
I’ve never run into a real-life brony, but I’m sure I, too, would not be the type to run over and introduce myself.
I’d see them, smile to myself, maybe watch them for a while to see what they’re up to, then move on. (Damn, that sounds really creepy when I write it out like this…)
Anyway, that’s why my decision to go to Equestria L.A. is important to me.
Hopefully, having a common starting point will help get over that initial awkwardness and allow for a smoother conversation or two.

@Typing the same as talking
I can’t say that my conversational diction is quite so multifaceted as my diatribes here may suggest, but I would like to believe that my general demeanor, while potentially difficult to discern through this electronic medium, remains largely unchanged.

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT
Quote

Patina wrote:

I have been absent quite awhile. when I finally returned to the site, I lurked. again. but i’m good now.
Sorry if I have interrupted a discussion, but how is everyone?

It’s alright. There is nothing wrong with lurking for hours only to post the most random derailing things possible.

So, Bon Bon’s voices eh. What’s up with that?

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT
Quote

@Meeting Bronies in Real Life Pt. II: Revelation

I have two friends who are bronies, and another two who say they aren’t bronies, but fit all the other criteria. The only time I’ve met another brony in real life was a few months ago in Venice. I was just minding my own binness in Saint Mark’s Square when I saw a guy in a brony shirt. He was fat, had really long and greasy hair and was frowning. I did not attempt to establish contact aside from yelling “Ay yo brony!” at him. However, since I am a shining example of masculinity and perfection in human form, he failed to recognize who yelled at him.

If any of you bronies end up in Seattle, hit me up. I’m still at the point where I’m weighing who out of everyone I met is more likely to be a brony. No one must know. Not yet.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

It’s alright. There is nothing wrong with lurking for hours only to post the most random derailing things possible.

So, Bon Bon’s voices eh. What’s up with that?

She smoked too much poison joke.

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT

Platus wrote:

So, Bon Bon’s voices eh. What’s up with that?

Here, have some of my headcanon:

Bon Bon is a good voice actress, and she’s such a good voice actress that she is very aware of what voice she’s doing. Because of this, it’s hard for her to use one voice all the time. She’s so aware of what voice she’s doing that she can’t concentrate on one voice all day, so she has to change her voice frequently.

An Internet friend of mine from bricksinmotion.com (who’s also a brony) is this way. He’s a good voice actor and he told me he does the thing described above. The analogy he gave to help me understand how hard it is for him to talk in one voice all the time is; “It’s kinda like trying to imagine a monkey eating a banana in your head, and keep the image cleary there all day.”

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:50PM EDT
Quote

The following is what will happen to you if you violate the entry rules:

Random will wreck yo shit.

Aug 21, 2012 at 08:55PM EDT
Quote

>Goes on youtube
>Popular let’s play guy plays something with mlp references
>sees comments thread

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT
Quote

So let me ask you, of the two composers that have working for the show, which one is more important, Daniel Ingram or William Anderson? ’Daniel Ingram certainly, his catchy songs help make mlp ’ I hear you say ’What has that other guy done, made some background noise?"

Well let me explain the function of the two composers in the show by way of drawing analogy. If mlp lost Daniel Ingram, it would be like a really cool building being taken out of the background. If mlp lost William Anderson, it would be like all the shading was taken out. Even though Ingram’s catchy musical breaks make a really nice ornament to the show, Anderson’s music playing in the background during the actual scenes is much more fundamental to the show itself. Ingram’s job is to write catchy songs, Anderson’s job is to use music to cue to your brain how it should be feeling right now. Let’s examine how Anderson uses musical association to help add context and detail to the show, all without you likely even being able to recall single note he has written.

One of the oldest tricks in the book is just to use an instrument which has picked up certain connotations and use it to transfer those same connotations to a character or situation. For example, when Rarity is having a scene, we often hear a harpsichord play. Listen for the distinctive twangy sound when she looks in the empty box.

The harpsichord has not been commonly used since the Baroque period and is only ever heard nowadays when performing music of that time. Because of this, the harpsichord has become associated with formality, high class, and snootiness. Sound like anybody we know?

And how about Rainbow Dash. Would there be any instrument that suits her better than the electric guitar?

Not only is the electric guitar associated with rock music which is very Dash-like, it has that distinctive distorted sound effect. It’s loud, it’s brash, and it doesn’t apologize for it. Again, sound like anybody we know (and love because obviously best pony, shut up she is.)

Of course, Anderson doesn’t use the electric guitar for ALL the Rainbow Dash scenes. For example:

Here, Anderson uses the flute and some chimes. Due to the context of the story, we know that Dash is in a hard place, but Anderson’s use of these instruments helps us feel that she’s in a hard place. The flute and chime both have a very delicate tone, helping to indicate Rainbow’s fragile emotional state. All the feels Dashie, all the feels.

Of course, there’s more to it than just using the right instrument in the right place. For example, this scene.

Listen to the music as the tickets flutter down on Pinkie’s face. Sounds like something falling doesn’t it? Anderson here is using a descending chromatic scale, which is just fancy talk for hitting all the notes on the way down. Film composers have used this trick for years to convey the sense of falling. Listen to how the tempo gets slower as the tickets get close to her face, indicating that they’re arriving at the end of their descent.

Finally, let’s take a look at this amazing scene from over a barrel.

Listen to how the frantic score serves as the perfect juxtaposition to Pinkie’s rambling, serving to illustrate the mounting tension. Without the score, we’d only have Applejack’s facial expressions to tell us she’s ready to pop. It would get the point across sure, but wouldn’t be anywhere near the visceral portrayal of her emotions and the tension of the situation that the music allows us to experience.

So that’s it for this musical analysis, I hope it leaves you with a little more appreciation for the composer working behind the scenes to help flesh out each and every scene and not just the guy who writes all the catchy songs that get covered endlessly.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT
Quote

Hello everyone.

How is everyone doing these days?
Anything really wacky or weird happen lately?
I haven’t been following this thread since page 20 or so.
(Oh, who am I kidding… I’ve been skimming it every day)

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Quote

@Twins

I also may or may not be a T-Rex, I may or may not be Jesus Christ, I may or may not be the meaning of life, and I may or may not be all of the above. Aren’t tautologies fun?

Also, you did Tiny Wings wrong. Deadparrot ruined an otherwise excellent piece of writing by adding on the gratuitously happy ending that is the fouth chapter. The fact that Scootaloo ended up getting everything she wanted out of life anyway reduces her struggle to nothing more than a temporary rough patch, reducing the emotional gravity of the entire thing and turning the message of Tiny Wings into the cliche lie that “don’t worry, even if God has left you cruelly disabled, just have faith that things will work out and the universe will give you everything you want!”

It’s the same lie that gets told to people to make them stay quiet as they get fucked again and again.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:45PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

I’ve taken greater note of the subtle stuff like that. Now that I spend every waking moment trying to emulate the studio, I’ve gained a much greater appreciation for everything that goes into it. Nothing I’ve made yet comes close, obviously, and I’ve yet to have need for any subtle musical cues, but I’ve definitely started noticing things that aren’t immediately apparent.

So now I have a question for everyone, regarding the outstanding quality of the show:

If season three were utter crap in every single way: no good songs, characters acting out of themselves, lazy plot design, lazy animation, Weird Al not voicing a villain, etc. etc., what do you think would happen to the fandom? Do you think we’ve reached a point where we could continue on even in the source of our madness spiraled into total wretchedness? Or do we still depend on the studio delivering the high quality stuff they’ve been doing?

@Ivan

Nope, you didn’t miss a whole lot. Every time I go a while without reading the thread, I always feel obligated to read everything I missed, but it’s always much less entertaining several days later.

Aug 21, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths

Yup. I knew most of the theory stuff like the descending chromatic and the frantic tempos and scales, and I had noticed the guitar during Dash’s scenes (who, as you said, IS best pony), but I’d never noticed the harpsichord in Rarity’s scenes. When you listen for it, it’s pretty obvious, and it does add that air of sophistication. I’d add how Rarity usually has a more traditional classical style for her background music, with strong strings and such overall, that you would associate with a high-class atmosphere. Go back to Fifths’ video and listen to the instruments, and you’ll notice how the buildup is primarily cellos, while her breakdown is accompanied by violins and piano – all instruments the average person would associate with a formal orchestra or chamber ensemble. which you would associate with formality.

Compare that to Pinkie’s background music. Pinkie is usually accompanied by quick, stacatto, high-tempo music – the bass could almost be described as jazzy at points:

The fast-paced music meshes well with Pinkie’s high-energy and fast-talking personality. She is also probably the most sound-effect-laden of the mane 6, which works well with her quirkyness.

Often, she is accompanied by carnival-style music, which gives the same effect. However, this can be used for other things as well. Listen to her crazy scene in “Party of One”:

Here, it starts out rather carnival-ish, and sounds pretty normal for Pinkie. But right around 0:12, you start to see the overarching characterization: The music, for lack of a better word, jerks at off-beat moments, plays in an extremely discordant minor scale for about 3 seconds, then goes back to the carnival-type feel – but with the bizarre, off-scale bar you just heard, it has more of a creepy carnival feel to it. The discordance and minor scale becomes more and more prevalent as the scene goes on, and eventually becomes a major part of the piece at 0:42 (notice how they used the descending chromatic again, this time on a trombone) to show how off her rocker she is, culminating in Dash’s arrival at 1:32. The rest that he put right there makes you think “hm, maybe Rainbow Dash, the best pony, can resolve this!” but when it starts back up at 1:35, you realize she wont be able to help much.

Honestly, I just really like what they do with BGM and Pinkie.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT
Quote

kicks down door

DID SOMEBODY SAY BACKGROUND MUSIC?!

Also, we should reinforce our doors.

To answer Fifths’ original question, I’d say they’re both equally important. Daniel Ingram’s songs are loved by a massive chunk of bronies, lend to the whole theme of the show, can lead to amazing scenes, etc. On the other hand, the BGM is very important for setting scenes and feeling. It gives character and extra depth to whatever is going on currently, which is pretty important, itself. Neither is more important, really, as we would be losing a lot if either was missing.

I have to give credit to both composers, though, they are very versatile and skilled. Looking at Rarity’s songs (credits goes to the VA for her singing voice) and the background music for key scenes (Granny Smith’s flashback, for an example), you can’t say either composer is bad. They’re both very good at their jobs, to be sure.

As for the instruments that accompany each pony, they do help add a bit of extra oomph to the character. I think that’s why a lot of people like Rainbowcrash88’s songs for Fighting is Magic. They use instruments and music that fit the character and borrow largely from the show, which gives a bit of extra feeling and power to the songs. That’s not to say the other artist composing for the game is worse, I just see that as the reason RC88 is though to be better by many, and it is a fairly good reason.

@Bon-Bon’s voices:

Studio B screwed up with her voice once, and it become a running joke, kind of like Derpy.

If you’re asking for headcanon, I must apologize, for I am far too busy to bother myself with thinking of far-out reasons to explain why a pony has different voices….

Fuck, fine, I’ll tell you.

Nicotine, caffeine, and lozenges. Shit gets real when you mix them up just right.

Edit:

Kicks down another door

STOP THE PRESSES!

I think DPF got his question up on Moonstuck.

Might just be a wild hunch, though.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT
Quote

ivanp wrote:

Hello everyone.

How is everyone doing these days?
Anything really wacky or weird happen lately?
I haven’t been following this thread since page 20 or so.
(Oh, who am I kidding… I’ve been skimming it every day)

Pretty good.

Going back to school with some summer credits, and art skills.

Not much happened in the thread:

Giga started a tumblr art blog and shows off his skills.

We found out that the voice actress known as BaldDumboRat is a transsexual female (ie considers self a man when biologically female) and is the same person who does the Discorded Doctor Whooves tumblr.

Fluttercaterpillar and Flutterwasp showed up.

Twins tried to guess people’s IRL names.

Fifths met John De Lancie and our site’s local teal deer (not you Twins).

Thread got fancy when I admitted that I drew nsfw. Had a huge discussion on nudity in art.

Dac had a birthday.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:13AM EDT
Quote

badsitrep wrote:

Pretty good.

Going back to school with some summer credits, and art skills.

Not much happened in the thread:

Giga started a tumblr art blog and shows off his skills.

We found out that the voice actress known as BaldDumboRat is a transsexual female (ie considers self a man when biologically female) and is the same person who does the Discorded Doctor Whooves tumblr.

Fluttercaterpillar and Flutterwasp showed up.

Twins tried to guess people’s IRL names.

Fifths met John De Lancie and our site’s local teal deer (not you Twins).

Thread got fancy when I admitted that I drew nsfw. Had a huge discussion on nudity in art.

Dac had a birthday.

We talked about MLP music (songs and, just today, BGM) and the music theory behind why it sounds so good.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:17AM EDT
Quote

OH SHIT SOLAIRE!

I could go into the next room and say congratz for getting your computer set up, but I’m lazy as holy hell so I’ll just do it here.

confetti

Congratulations on not destroying your computer with that graphics card!

@Background music vs. songs
I teared up a little during the Granny Smith flashback because of the epic music.
but I also teared up a little at BBBFF.
Either I cry a lot and/or they are just that good, I agree with Solaire, they are both important to the show and without them I probably wouldn’t even be a brony.

Winter Wrap-up pretty much single handily converted me.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
Quote

ivanp wrote:

Hello everyone.

How is everyone doing these days?
Anything really wacky or weird happen lately?
I haven’t been following this thread since page 20 or so.
(Oh, who am I kidding… I’ve been skimming it every day)

The continuity in this thread is very strong. You must go all the way back to Pony General 1 and read through to now, or else you will understand NOTHING!

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:25AM EDT
Quote

@Aethel
damn G, that straight up pimpin’ fresh.
real talk, top shelf, we better not be seein’ none of them care bear fans rolling heavy in our cribs or we pop a few friendships in their blank flank asses, you dig?
-------------------------------------------------------------

dat feel when friends in your old forum beg you to come back…
not sure what do :/

they are more active than this forum, no offense, but they are also about 50% more fucktarded.
I have a lot of friends there, but there are also a lot of people that rustle my jimmies.

eh, I don’t want to leave this group, I guess I’ll just use this one as my main forum and just be in the other one for my friends.

/blog post, but it’s an mlp forum so w/e.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 12:45AM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 12:42AM EDT
Quote

Damn it, Solaire!
We need those doors!

Anyway, background music.
Majorly under-appreciated profession and it’s largely due to the nature of the beast.
The best background music is there to enhance the scenes without calling too much direct attention to itself, so when it’s done right, most people will hardly notice.
Kind of a shame but it’s always nice to go back and really pay attention.
Since most of the other ponies have been discussed already, I’ll take Fluttershy.
I don’t know all the technical terms and chord structures but the soft piano lead-in followed by the surge of the strings right as she turns around really hits a powerful emotional… uh, chord…

I hadn’t watched this in a while and I actually teared up slightly when I heard it again.
Then, of course, Fluttershy takes a page from Rainbow Dash and appropriately steals her electric guitar for one of the coolest instrumentals in the show so far.

@Woonastuck
I didn’t notice that DPF asked that question but it was certainly a good one!
Monty Python references are always welcome!

@Viking
Or… get the people you like to come over here!
The more the merrier!

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:57AM EDT
Quote

@Background music, contd.

Honestly, the music, especially the background music, is one of the things that got me into the show. I have a problem with random musical interludes in TV shows for some reason (odd, considering I’m a big musical fan), but I’m a music nerd, and I’ve got a lot of self-taught theory. One of my favorite parts is how each of the mane 6 have certain thematic elements that do about as much to characterize them as their personalities do. For example, I still haven’t seen the premiere episodes (I’m a recent convert, I’ll probably watch them tomorrow sometime) and so some of the ponies’ jobs and personalities were unfamiliar to me, but their BGM themes gave me an idea of them – especially Rarity, who is rather vaguely characterized otherwise IMO.

I do have a question for you, Fifths: Do you see any recurring themes in Twilight’s BGM? The problem is, she’s usually characterized as the straight pony in the show, which means the other, more caricatured ponies usually supercede her in BGM choices. I don’t have a very good sample pool.

Aug 22, 2012 at 01:08AM EDT
Quote

Well, everyone seems to be gone for the night so I’ll just put this little piece of awesome here:

Best one yet for best (main) pony!
Also one of the best RD voice impersonations I’ve ever heard!

Aug 22, 2012 at 03:15AM EDT
Quote

@Ivanp91


Hello everyone.
How is everyone doing these days?
Anything really wacky or weird happen lately?
I haven’t been following this thread since page 20 or so.
(Oh, who am I kidding… I’ve been skimming it every day)

A wild Ivan appeared! Quick, everyone take photographs and evidence before he deletes his account again!

An Ivan appearance is like a passing comet, such a rare sighting rarely to be seen again.


@Deadparrot

It continues to impress me how closer and closer Bronies are to perfectly replicating the show itself. That video looked like it came right from the official studio. Makes me think; if the show ends, will Bronies pick it up where it left off and continue it themselves? Seems to be within our power to at least do a continued unofficial web series.

Also Dash doesn’t have to say anything, she was Rainbowliscious the moment she appeared

Aug 22, 2012 at 05:14AM EDT
Quote

IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON CALL RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY, I’LL POST AT LEAST A HUNDRED GAJILLION FLUTTERSHY PICS ON YO WALLZ.
You have been warned.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 05:56AM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 05:46AM EDT
Quote

Millennial Dan wrote:

IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON CALL RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY, I’LL POST AT LEAST A HUNDRED GAJILLION FLUTTERSHY PICS ON YO WALLZ.
You have been warned.



(Totally not doing this because I love Fluttershy, too, and want to get Flutterbombed…)

Oh, and this is a great and very creative little pun, if you can figure it out.

Hint: One of Satrn’s moons and the seventh planet. Say it out loud.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 06:21AM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 06:00AM EDT
Quote

Think alot persons know this too…
You have (really Have) to do something for work/ school, and then you end up on video games or the productivities worst enemy, the internet




(kinda like this)

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:36AM EDT
Quote

Sonata Arctica wrote:

Think alot persons know this too…
You have (really Have) to do something for work/ school, and then you end up on video games or the productivities worst enemy, the internet




(kinda like this)

Story of my (and pretty much everyones) life I guess

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:43AM EDT
Quote

Platus wrote:

The continuity in this thread is very strong. You must go all the way back to Pony General 1 and read through to now, or else you will understand NOTHING!

I’ve been around when Pony General 1 was created. I still remember the discussion in the entry to create the first thread. Thats why I still skimmed this thread. I’ve been following pony threads from the start.
-------------------------
Blue Screen (of death) wrote:

A wild Ivan appeared! Quick, everyone take photographs and evidence before he deletes his account again!

An Ivan appearance is like a passing comet, such a rare sighting rarely to be seen again.

Oh don’t worry. Im not going anywhere. I’ve put too much work into this account. With all the image uploads, entry edits, etc.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 01:48PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 01:44PM EDT
Quote

Oh mah god wtf the mods removed my Images I didn’t break any rules wtf

Aug 22, 2012 at 02:10PM EDT
Quote

@phoenix: Well, I say airplanes have weight because pegasi can zip themselves around the sky like magic and sometimes fly directly upwards. I’m aware stalling is caused by angling up too much and losing your speed, but the weight comment is so Scoots knows to take it slow.
Otherwise she gets a crashed biplane… like she just did now.
Crap. I can’t timing worth a damn.

@Personality: It can be easily described as a laid-back, near-inoffendable, commonly sarcastic person who almost never shuts up.
So besides the last part, sort of like how I post here.
As for the meeting people part, well… right now I tend to be a paranoid motherfucker around my peers because I’m pretty much a nerd and they’re all jocks. ALL of ‘em. I mean, seriously, there’s almost zero variety that I’ve yet noticed. But I suppose I would be able to meet new people well otherwise, I’d just be slightly nervous.
As for meeting bronies, I’m in freaking Newfoundland. My Oddsometer tore a hole into the Abyss once I heard of the fact that there was, on the Internet, another person from the same place I am of the opposite gender who also likes ponies, because the universe doesn’t work that way.

@Troll King: Too bad, I just did.

@Platus: She’s using a magic voice synthesizer to fuck with all of us and laughing her ass off off-screen with Lyra.

@Vikingbolt:

@Fifths: I’d have to say Ingram, then, because the music can often help the mood of the foreground.
Also I’d imagine Twilight’s theme in this case to be electronica. Doesn’t matter exactly what genre, hell, it can be chiptune, so long as a robot made it.

@Ivan: Oh, trust me. You haven’t missed much.

@Exudes: We’d probably be able to churn along for a while, but without quality stuff we’d eventually die off.

@Millenial: But Rainbow Dash is best pony.
BRING THE PAIN
I’LL WAIT

@Parrot: That picture implies Molestia can be raped. Considering she’s Molestia

@Navybat: If not trolling, it’s because they were either not allowed under the rules or they were reposts.
If trolling, try harder.

Finally, to cap off this ridiculously long post (I blame the ‘telling people I don’t know about my personality’ part), have some more Rainbow Dash, partly because that’s cute, and partly because I want to piss Millenial off more.

Wonder how that got tagged as suggestive… looks to me like she’s listening to awesome music or kicking someone’s ass at Tribes or something.

Aug 22, 2012 at 02:25PM EDT
Quote

So I start working at Wendy’s today.
I’m hoping it will look something like this.
Well, at least in my mind…

“Yes I will serve you meat, but I don’t like it and neither should you because you’re all ponies”

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT
Quote

@Sparty’s gif

If you stuck a Brazzers logo on it…
Yeah.

@Omni
Dem Gmod ponies are cute as hell.

Aug 22, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT
Quote

@Sparty
So your the brony version of Thomas Nair then? Seems legit.

And lol Newfoundland. I’m not exactly from there (NONE SHALL KNOW), as you can probably recall from one of our past exchanges, but I consider it to be my homeland since the 6 years or so I lived there were some of the most wonderful in my life.

@Fifths
Were you the one that said “I want to see an episode where Twilight falls to her doom, where Spike crushes the phoenix egg, where Scootaloo is a miserable pile of failure as a pegasus, where Tank leaves Rainbow under the rock to die because she didn’t accept him, where Pinkie goes insane and murders all her friends, where Philomena actually dies and Fluttershy gets locked in a dungeon in the place that she is banished too,” (might have made a few of those up)? Because I found that to be thoughtful, but ultimately stupid and misguided.

I’m a huge advocate of background music. Without it, films and television shows would be boring and almost utterly devoid of emotion. It may not be as immediately recognizable or memorable as the big musical numbers, but it is the one thing that truly makes the shows interesting. Imagine Jaws without that famous two note ostinato. Psycho without the shrill violin attack. Dark Knight Rises without the pounding bass. Even if those are more extreme examples, they serve to prove the point. Hell, FiM would be terrible without it. Fact is, if you take out the background music out, you’re left with nothing. If you take out the musical numbers, you’re just left with a lot less.

So yeah, Ingram is awesome, but when it comes to importance to the show, Anderson all the way.


RARITY IS BEST PONI

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 05:32PM EDT
Quote

Here’s a unbiased chart on why Pinkie Pie is best pony:

As you can see, with a well deserved 70% of total votes, Pinkie Pie is obviously the best pony and leaves the rest of the Pinkie Pie’s behind her.

There was an idea to add Twilight Sparkle to the chart, but she didn’t got enough votes to even deserve a mention compared to the pony on place 6, Pinkie Pie, same with the other main six.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 05:57PM EDT
Quote


New piece by WhiteDiamondsLtd, my favourite brony artist of all time. Been a while, and I must say, she does not disappoint. WHY U GUYS NO LIKE APPLEJACK?

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!