Forums / General

191,138 total conversations in 5,241 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:


New piece by WhiteDiamondsLtd, my favourite brony artist of all time. Been a while, and I must say, she does not disappoint. WHY U GUYS NO LIKE APPLEJACK?

I would like to oblige, as she is mah favorite.

EDIT: PAGE GET!!! Let’s give it to Applejack!

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 07:20PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT
Quote

Aaaawwww sheeeeeiiiit this page just got hijacked. (Get it? hi-JACKED)

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT
Quote

Yay, it’s a background pony page!
Related(ish)

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Quote

@Dan

You know who’s best pony?

RAINBOW DASH.

That last one is Dash celebrating how awesome she is.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

Oh, another one of these.

Look, I’m too tired to post a bunch of pics, but I’ll just say the cutest smartest and all around best pony is obviously this one:

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT
Quote

Yeah…

Obviously Luna is best.


Deal with it.

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 11:49PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT
Quote

Millenial Dan said:

IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON CALL RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY, I’LL POST AT LEAST A HUNDRED GAJILLION FLUTTERSHY PICS ON YO WALLZ.

Blue Screen (of death) said:

My wall after Dan was done with it:

RAINBOW DASH IS BEST PONY.
Now get on it Dan. You have a job to do.

@Best pony discussion
Wow, we bring this up about as often as rule 34. I’m tired of trying to persuade the heathens here of Trixie’s greatness, so I’m just gonna post one of the other best ponies. (PROTIP: every pony is best pony)

Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT
Quote

Guys, you really need to treat your dyslexia and check your links before you post. I mean, goddamn, it’s excusable once in a while, but you guys constantly spell ‘Princess Celestia’ wrong and screw up links to pics of her.

I guess it’d be fine if you accidentally put Sweetie Belle, because she’s pretty neat, but still.

Anyways, I used to like Applejack most, but then ‘Eternal’ kind of helped change my mind. Celestia’s is a pretty impressive alicorn. She controls the sun and is not frightened by anything that would threaten her. Rarity and Fluttershy have been climbing their way up, too.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:54PM EDT
Quote

This ancient species called the “humans” is very interesting… For all their knowledge, they still had yet to grasp who was the best pony.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 12:00AM EDT
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT
Quote
Rarity and Fluttershy have been climbing their way up, too.

Yeah, those two took a bit longer to grow on me, too. I really want to see more of Fluttershy in season 3! There’s enough Rarity already, but she needs to stop being the cause of her own problems like in season 2.

Random funny image:

And a little something for the under appreciated Applejack:

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 12:06AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 12:05AM EDT
Quote

It would seem that most of you are mistaken about who the best pony is



Applejack page? Well, okay

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:08AM EDT
Quote

There’s plenty more where that came from.


 
 
I rest my case.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:32AM EDT
Quote

XC

Can’t decide between twilight and Luna now…

oh wait, yeah, Twilight is best now.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:33AM EDT
Quote

Been watching episodes and trying to catch up and OH MY GOD SO MUCH FLUTTERSHY RESPECT NOW

DAN
PLEASE PLASTER MY WALL WITH FLUTTERSHY

Please note this does not change the fact that Dash is best pony.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 01:16AM EDT
Quote

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Rarity and Fluttershy have been climbing their way up, too.

Yeah, those two took a bit longer to grow on me, too. I really want to see more of Fluttershy in season 3! There’s enough Rarity already, but she needs to stop being the cause of her own problems like in season 2.

Random funny image:

And a little something for the under appreciated Applejack:

That…that isn’t funny

@Exudes

Hey Exudes, are you ready for me to crush your soul with the cold validity of my reasoning? Either way, here it goes: It is logically impossible for Daring Doo to be best pony.

See, the question here is “what is our universe of discourse?”, which is the collection of things which our statements refer to. Obviously, we are not asking ‘who is the best real pony?’ since none of our subjects happen to be real, nor however are we asking ‘who is the best possible pony?’, which would entail all pony subjects possible. When we ask who is best pony, we are asking the question “In a world where ponies exist (namely Equestria) who is the best pony?”

Now, as you know, even in our world where ponies exist, Daring Do does not actually exist. She is not part of our universe of discourse and therefore positing her as an answer is as senseless as stating that the largest planet in our solar system is pudding.

By the way, even if we were to restate the question to ‘who is the best possible pony?’ to which Daring Do would be an at least coherent answer, Rainbow Dash would still be the correct answer. I don’t understand how it is you people find it so difficult to understand some simple math…

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 02:15AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 01:44AM EDT
Quote

Lez do dis.

First off, your math is horrible. I agree with you up until the third step, 2RD = Best pony^2. Somehow, dividing by 2 has cleared the exponent. If you were competent in math, you would find that to be true in only one circumstance: that Best pony = 2. So your three possible answers are as follows:

√(2RD) = Best pony
RD = (Best pony^2)/2
RD = 2

Make what sense of this as you will. Either Rainbow Dash has a greater obscure numerical value than the true best pony, or Rainbow Dash = 2. None of these solutions affirm your baseless claims of Rainbow Dash as best pony.

As for Daring Do, your false assumptions as to Rainbow Dash’s status as best pony clearly show that not all is as it seems in Equestria. If such outlandish beliefs as everyone in Ponyville being bisexual or Rainbow Dash being best pony are within reason, then clearly the eponymous heroine of the Daring Do series being a real pony is entirely within the realm of possibility, nay, likelihood.

Regardless, your math is flawed and Rainbow Dash is not best pony. Now go read stories about Rainbow Dash committing suicide.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 03:04AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 02:54AM EDT
Quote

@Exudes & Fifths
Oddly enough, I’m pretty sure that the objects of our individual assertions would all actually disagree with us.

(We just need Daring dressing up as Scootaloo… for some reason… to finish the circle!)
And, yeah, there’s no real reason to directly assume that Daring Do in fictional in the MLP universe.
In a land where manticores, cockatricies, and hydras are relatively common, a dungeon-diving explorer can’t be too out of the question.
At worst, she’s a very popular actress (the Harrison Ford of the pony-verse) and can be loved on that level.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:15AM EDT
Quote

@Exudes

Whelp, no arguing with math.

best pony.

Also, how does the logic in your last paragraph make any sense whatsoever? Even if we concede that for whatever reason that if Rainbow Dash is best pony then it is possible for Daring Do to exist, it’s a self-defeating position for you. It’s only possible for Daring to be best pony if Dash is already best pony.

Also this

Mine wins.

Aug 23, 2012 at 03:27AM EDT
Quote

You check dubs, assholes? Fuck that weak shit, check this swag, now my characters in TF2 are straight-up illing, motherfuckers.

Check that shit. Top shelf, real talk. Pony Flair!

Want a close up?

That is the four best ponies confined into a 128X128 image.

“But, Solaire, didn’t VALVe fuck everything royally by removing the painterly filter so decals can’t have color?” Damn straight they did, but have rules ever stopped me before? I loopholed the shit out of this game, and now ponies.

Therefore I can safely say “Fuck the math, RD ain’t best pony”.

Aug 23, 2012 at 04:01AM EDT
Quote

Ha i have written my last exam for this semester today. Well you know what this calls for?


A party of course!

Argh even though i am not really that happy. Stupid Bachelor/Master conversion, i hate writing exams on new lectures. Always surprising to see where the focus was during the lectures and what is asked in the exam. So this fits rather well:

To keep this ponu related, have some Applejack, who is without a doubt the best of all those little equines!

Aug 23, 2012 at 08:14AM EDT
Quote

I’m gonna leave this here, specifically 20:00:

Note how the Elements attack with a RAINBOW. You know what else is rainbow? Rainbow Dash.
Even the Elements of Harmony think that Rainbow Dash is best pony.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 08:23AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 08:22AM EDT
Quote

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Forum Note: I’m absent as of now. Leave a PM or wall post
mandatory pic


Also, best pone:

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT
Quote

Goes see if there is anything I can contribute today
Best pony
“…”
No Derpy on this entire page

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:15PM EDT
Quote

I destroyed my past.

Today is the day that I’m getting evicted, and I really don’t know where I’m going. After futilely scrambling to try and get my things together, I realized there’s no way in hell I can save all this shit. It was at this point I said “fuck it” and began to destroy all the accumulated things from my childhood, teenage years, and college years. Not only did I destroy it, I did it in a state of destruction euphoria: I had ode to joy playing on my laptop and laughed maniacally as I shredded old family photos and birthday cards and crushed old toys beneath my feet.

It was fun.

Now everything I own has been reduced to the following.

-A guitar
-a violin
-A duffle bag containing my laptop, two Rainbow Dash plushies, and a few odds and ends.
-The clothes on my back

Well, I’ll see you guys later. Kind of need to start phoning relatives and see if I can live with any of them. Will be sleeping outside otherwise.

Aug 23, 2012 at 12:23PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

I destroyed my past.

Today is the day that I’m getting evicted, and I really don’t know where I’m going. After futilely scrambling to try and get my things together, I realized there’s no way in hell I can save all this shit. It was at this point I said “fuck it” and began to destroy all the accumulated things from my childhood, teenage years, and college years. Not only did I destroy it, I did it in a state of destruction euphoria: I had ode to joy playing on my laptop and laughed maniacally as I shredded old family photos and birthday cards and crushed old toys beneath my feet.

It was fun.

Now everything I own has been reduced to the following.

-A guitar
-a violin
-A duffle bag containing my laptop, two Rainbow Dash plushies, and a few odds and ends.
-The clothes on my back

Well, I’ll see you guys later. Kind of need to start phoning relatives and see if I can live with any of them. Will be sleeping outside otherwise.

You know, you could have always asked these relatives if you can store your stuff in their basements or something…

Aug 23, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT
Quote

@Fifths:

Good luck with all that. If you need any help, you can just ask and we’ll probably give you some.

Also, phoneix has a point, though you’d probably be more mobile with just the stuff you have.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:07PM EDT
Quote

And when Fifth’s landlord walked in and asked what he was doing, Fifths proudly declared "I call it – RIPPY BITS! You take a bunch of old, ripped up pictures and make a new picture out of it. See? You’re on top… this… time…

Seriously though I’m sorry to hear that your being evicted and I hope something works out for you.

Now more best pony.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 02:32PM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Quote

@Twins: Actually, “Nair, but I like ponies” perfectly describes me.

Also I like Applejack I just don’t get a lot of opportunities to post pictures because nobody likes her and she’s a semi-background pony.

@Best Pony: Rainbow Dash is obviously best pony. I mean, sure, she’s a bit of a bitch, but in the end she’s a cool mare who goes Mach 5 and doesn’t afraid of anything most of the time.

@Fifths: Damn. Uh… good luck with life, man. Sounds like you’ll need it.

And to keep in mind with what this page should have been you dicks, I’m going to post Applejack, because she doesn’t get nearly enough love as she should.

Aug 23, 2012 at 02:34PM EDT
Quote

Much as I like Applejack, I must post this. All arguments that Fluttershy is not Best Pony are now outdated.

mmmandarinorange makes some of the absolute best PMVs, no question. Watch it full-screen!


@Fifths

Sounds pretty rough, but you seem like a rough character (not a dis). I have a feeling you’ll be just fine.


Actually, I think I will post some AJ, cuz this pic amuses me.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 02:55PM EDT
Quote


Hello, all!
Back at my place, I had difficulty accessing the forums due to crappy internet connection. However, I just got back to my college campus (which has more reliable connection than my house) and I’ll be joining you fine fillies and genltecolts for the upcoming school year.
So hi!

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:34PM EDT
Quote

WHAT IS THIS HERESY?!

HAFT ALL OF THEE LOST CONTROL OF THINE MINDS?

CAN YOU INFIDELS NOT SEE THAT THE SUPERIOR MINIATURE EQUINE IS HER LADY RARITY?

Now may all of thee humbly ambulate thineselves into the holy bonfire.

Thine souls must be cleansed.

Aug 23, 2012 at 06:49PM EDT
Quote

By the fact that Gigatoast can actually draw and art, I hereby deem his point moot. It’s just not fair.

That goes for you too, Muumi I KNOW YOU’RE WATCHING.


I believe my argument still stands.

Also, due to the fact that there hasn’t been nearly enough people standing for Rarity, I will now take that side.


And because the people claiming the yellow one is best pony (implying that she has any quality of “good”) aren’t doing a great job of selling (but I can’t really blame you), I will help you with your argument.

With
these
exhibits.
 
 
 
Not that it will do you or your argument any good…I doubt she even has a soul or anything.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gosh darn it, she’s adorable…


Also, I am planning things.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose:

Your avatar is positively leaking dignity.

@Best pony:

Based upon intense mathematics and problem-solving I have been performing in the past few hours, I have reached a completely unbiased conclusion on who the best pony is.

Turns out it’s Big Mac.

I know, right? Surprised the fuck out of me, too.

Aug 23, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote

@Verbose
ART THOU INSINUATING THAT AS I AM IN POSSESSION OF ARTISTIC APTITUDE, I AM HEREBY INCORRECT?

As an au courant art-bundle of twigs, I hereby promulgate that thine mother was a woman of the night that made coitus with ursine mammals.

There art only one manner of settling this.

Aug 23, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Quote

Fifths wrote:

I destroyed my past.

Today is the day that I’m getting evicted, and I really don’t know where I’m going. After futilely scrambling to try and get my things together, I realized there’s no way in hell I can save all this shit. It was at this point I said “fuck it” and began to destroy all the accumulated things from my childhood, teenage years, and college years. Not only did I destroy it, I did it in a state of destruction euphoria: I had ode to joy playing on my laptop and laughed maniacally as I shredded old family photos and birthday cards and crushed old toys beneath my feet.

It was fun.

Now everything I own has been reduced to the following.

-A guitar
-a violin
-A duffle bag containing my laptop, two Rainbow Dash plushies, and a few odds and ends.
-The clothes on my back

Well, I’ll see you guys later. Kind of need to start phoning relatives and see if I can live with any of them. Will be sleeping outside otherwise.

Dude. Sounds rough. I want to give you krama as compensation, but that might make me look like I like what’s happening…

So here’s a picture of Pinkie wanting to hug you to cheer you up.

Aug 23, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

Suprise is actually Pinkie Pie but in Super Saiyan mode.

And people disagree with Pinkie Pie being best pony. Silly mortals.

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 11:00PM EDT
Quote

Oh look. A best pony discussion? Time to dive head first into this!

I would have to say Applejack at the top of my list. Seriously. The struggles she has gone through in these first two seasons hit closer to home than what anypony else went through, and seeing her revived in Return of Harmony part 2 hit hard enough to drive me to tears. That is not typical of me.

Beyond that, I’ve been on a Daring Do high lately.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
Quote

@Aura

Daring Do is not a high, Daring Do is a lifestyle.

And I’m the first person to welcome you!

Last edited Aug 23, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT
Aug 23, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT
Quote

I will admit, as I’ve been watching the series and catching up (I honestly haven’t seen many at all, going on a chronological run-through skipping ones I’ve seen) Applejack’s been warming on me. I used to have a clearly defined list of which ponies I liked in which order, but now it’s like Dash and then all 5 remaining main 6 right behind her, followed extremely closely by the CMC and Vinil Scratch and Derpy tied for best background pony (The only piece of MLP merch I currently own is a DJ P0N-3 T-shirt). IT’S SO HARD TO CHOOSE

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

I will admit, as I’ve been watching the series and catching up (I honestly haven’t seen many at all, going on a chronological run-through skipping ones I’ve seen) Applejack’s been warming on me. I used to have a clearly defined list of which ponies I liked in which order, but now it’s like Dash and then all 5 remaining main 6 right behind her, followed extremely closely by the CMC and Vinil Scratch and Derpy tied for best background pony (The only piece of MLP merch I currently own is a DJ P0N-3 T-shirt). IT’S SO HARD TO CHOOSE

If you’re like me, I started out liking one (Twilight Sparkle), then I liked Fluttershy, then Octavia/Vinyl, now I’m on Chrysalis (because her design is bloody well done)…

Eventually, i’m gonna be that “Everypony is best pony” phase!

Last edited Aug 24, 2012 at 12:38AM EDT
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:34AM EDT
Quote

Oh good, there was a worrying lack of Rarity on this page, until badsitrep and Verbose took a stand for the clear best pony in all of Equestria.



You can never have enough Rarity, you know.

@Fifths
Oh man, that sucks :\. Was it you that got the degree in philosophy? I’m not trying to belittle your plight here, but philosophy is a completely useless degree (but you knew that). It’s a fun class and all, but as a major, it’s completely useless and gives you approximately 0 viable positions in the competitive job world out there today. I mean, I guess you could follow it up with law school, but even that would be a bad idea since there are way too many lawyers and not enough demand for them, leaving thousands of students out of work and hundreds of thousands into debt. I once met a guy who went to law school at the University of Toronto and was working at Tim Hortons. Tough world out there.

That being said, I really wish the best for you, and I hope you get everything sorted out as soon as possible. You seem like a bright young man, and I’m sure that your talents will get you far. I mean, a guitar, a violin, and your mind, that’s all you really need. A laptop is only an added amenity. Move in with a relative, or even your parents; there’s no shame in that.

Life may seem hard right now, but never give up hope.

Aug 24, 2012 at 02:21AM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!