169,561 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

GUISE! GUISE! FOR SERIOUSLY GUISE!

TRIXIE’S CARD! LAST SENTENCE!

Oh… and… Uh… PONIES WITH SOCKS PAGE GET!

Or ponies with guns…

Or maybe this is annoying and ignore it…

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT

Hey, Abe and Rinsan, ya just want me to dump these here as well? There’s a few we’ve already seen, but quite some more as well:

Jul 04, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT

source filmmaker lets you use mlp models so go crazy guys
oh great there remaking MTM
(must contain rage)

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 06:08PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

I’M FUCKING FANGIRLING OVER HERE!!!! FINALLY!!! FUCKING FINALLY!!! I’VE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS TO COME OUT!!!! IT’S HERE!!!!! YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SONG. JUST LISTEN TO IT YOURSELF

>MY FUCKING FACE WHEN

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT

The thread within the past 15 – 12 hours:
-tl;drs
-cards
-random gasmings
-orgies
-July 4
MFW:

…what happened.
Don’t bother trying to bring me up to speed
So…
Anyone play The Old Republic besides Lasers (or whatever his name is now)?
And…
@Chrysalis card
But…I…

Anyway, any new topics? Philosophy? Theories? Or just random ramblings?

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT

There was another batch of cards apparently. With Stargazer’s, Slinker’s, Leo’s and my previous posts, that’s around 44 cards.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT

>reads all the random babble since my last post
>sees several people bragging that they didn’t read page four or five
>mfw

This is why getting derailed is annoying. All that ridiculous arguing made several people skip over ACTUAL attempts at being on-topic. And then all we get is image spam and one-sentence posts. Verbose would be so proud. /rant

@Benjamin Franklin

I didn’t want to hear it in lame 240p on YouTube, so I used the download link. I like it, but… it’s not really pony music. He’s got some voice samples in there that kind of sound like they may have come from the show, but that’s about it. I don’t really know why Alex would show that off at a brony conference, but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 07:54PM EDT

@The pony cards:

Where’s my wallet?

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

@Page get:

@Popper:

I don’t play TOR anymore, since it was eating at my income and I didn’t play it that often. I pre-ordered the Guild Wars 2 CE edition (what do you mean that would butt-rape my budget?), and I’m gonna play the fuck out of that.

Anyways, to pose a topic:

Do you think Ponyville is a nudist colony?

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT

@Randy
Eh, probably not. I’d say in Equestria, clothes maybe social status or local attire (i.e. necessary to survive the elements).

Jul 04, 2012 at 08:15PM EDT

I don’t think there’s such a thing in Equestria, since they recognize that they don’t wear clothes. Ponyville is just a small town is all. In larger centers with the more affluent in them, clothes are worn as a symbol of status (or something). In more rural towns, like Appaloosa or early Ponyville, citizens wore clothes for protection against the elements and to help them carry things if needed, and stuff like that.

Ponyville has just developed out of the need for clothing and just opted out of its use entirely. You’ll notice that even before she came to Ponyville, Twilight didn’t wear clothes. It’s just a matter of whether or not you want or need it.

/conjecture

EDIT: Yeah, I typed that out while Popper posted and he basically just stated what I did in fewer words.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

Yeah, when I made that post, I was referring to the Trixie card. I bet Seth had this reaction to that last sentence:

But yeah that would be my reaction to that too… Please don’t tell Tavi that I’m a two-timer. I beg of you.

@Randy (seriously who were you originally?)
Where did that come from? Well, I wouldn’t say they are nudists. You see they got things that protects them from the elements… namely fur. Now clothes, like Poppy said, would serve to protect them from the elements (stetsons and boleros in the desert, coats in snow) or for social status (tuxes, dresses, and the like.)

Well if this is all, then I guess I’ll take my leave for now… Soltaire! That’s your name!

@Page get provided by that dashing and handsome fellow

EDIT: @Benjy below

@Explosive
F*CK! So close…

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

Zarathh wrote:

Guys. Check this out.

If you happened to catch the ending of EFR’s livestream, they said something very interesting about that shirt.
Apparently, it was ‘stolen’ from the Manliest Brony in the World, a.k.a. this guy:

John De Lancie wanted a shirt like that for his speech but everyone was sold out, so he asked to borrow his.
He got it back afterward, too!
That’s one hell of a collectable now!

Jul 04, 2012 at 08:43PM EDT

But guise, EVERY OTHER TOWN HAS THE PONIES WEARING CLOTHES! Appleloosa, Canterlot, Manehattan all have clothed ponies.

The only logical explanation is that Ponyville is filled with societal deviants.

@Slinker:

I’m Explosive Lasers. You can tell by the X the Element of Y.

@Zar:

I thought it was common knowledge that John was at least borderline pony-curious. Kind of confirms this, I think.

@July 4th:

As Matt and Pat would say: “AH! SHIT! AMERICA!

Jul 04, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT

@Ben Franklin

John de Lancie is such a fucking boss.

Jul 04, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT

Fireworks are starting to go off here, I’m going to a barbecue, the sun is setting beautifully, I can hear the the music pumping from the speakers, it finished raining, and the after-rain fresh air smells good… like freedom… and steaks… and spent gunpowder.
TAH TAH FOR NOW!~

HAPPY FORTH OF JULY-PONY EVERYONE!

EDIT:
Source image by the lovely Honey-Drop.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 09:25PM EDT

Music! The second Balloon Party album, After Party, was just released with a bunch of songs that barely didn’t make it on to the first album. I haven’t listened to it because my Internet here is crap and it’s taking forever download, so I can’t tell you if it’s any good.

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/album/after-party

@Cards

Pie-addicted Soarin’ CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

@A thread never has too much America

So Medal of Honor recipient Leroy Petry was at my Fourth of July parade today. Needless to say, there are a lot of reasons to be proud to be American. After all, we sent the second sentient race to the Moon, and the first to go there willingly.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 09:37PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

Quick word before I go… Whoever suggested that Hasbro should make pony plushies. These five inch babies (oh my) are popping up at Target…

Article here

They may not look good now… but hey… Rainbow Dash…

WHAT NOW, DEADPARROT!

Well, time to set off these mortar shells…

Jul 04, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT

Joining in the celebrations.

Air drown?

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

@Dan: As crazy as that sounds, it does happen…
either that or I’m pathetic…

The page Air drown does not exist. You can ask for it to be created, but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is already covered.
For help searching, please visit Help:Searching.

I do believe your facts are incorrect. Please recheck them with a reliable source.

Jul 04, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT

Meanwhile, on Derpibooru….

I expect a ScootaLuna clopfic by sunrise.

Jul 04, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT

@Air Drowning
Considering the fluffy pony conversation earlier, this seems appropriate:

@Lincoln/Slinker
Five inches?
Pfft…
How dare you attempt to challenge me with your tiny Dashie!
Fourteen inches, baby!

(Honestly, I’m glad to see Hasbro finally getting their asses in gear and jumping on this previously-untapped market. I’m just surprised it took so long!)

@ScootaLuna
“Why, hello, child!”

“Hey there, Princess! Some internet guys said that we’re supposed to hang out or something so… here I am, I guess!”

“Yeah, an’ a bunch of ‘em drew these pictures of ya, too! Not sure what’s goin’ on in a few of ’em, but you guys must sure like to wrestle!”

“Oh… my…”

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 12:15AM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT

@DeadParrot
It don’t matter what the size of plushie is, it’s how you use it! INNUENDO!

@Fifths
That’s f**ked up… I like it.

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT
Jul 04, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT

@Target Plushies

What now, affordable pony plushes? You mean I don’t have to rob and brutally murder DeadParrot?

…I don’t know whether I should be happy or sad about that. I mean ya, now I don’t have to go through all the trouble of committing bloody murder with a hacksaw, but I mean…I was kind of looking forward to the hunt. I had my plans to reach California all worked out and my breaking and entering scheme was coming along swimingly. Why just today I thought of the perfect schwarzengeresque line to say to DeadParrot before finally ending it (In hell, Satan is the brony, and YOU’RE the Lyra plush!)

And in the same way as no meal can be as satisfying as one you cooked yourself, I just don’t think I can be completely happy with a pony plush that wasn’t wrenched from a deadman’s bloody fingers. I’ll have to think about this.

@DeadParrot below

Hey man, it’s either the catapult or the hacksaw.

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 12:31AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 12:08AM EDT

@Fifths

I think we need to get out of here!

… not… like that…

Jul 05, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT

Well happy 4th of July! (well its July 5th but I don’t give a flying feather) Because I did not be on this thread all day because of family time, and try to set off illegal fireworks while a police officer lives only 4-5 houses away from us! (we can tell from the police cruiser). So many got away with it too! hehe.

On-topic:

I want the entire collection, but I will most likely will go try to get my most fav ponies. :3

Jul 05, 2012 at 12:26AM EDT

5 minutes left

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

Can’t get more American than Captain America (or is it Captain Equestria?)

Jul 05, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT

Anyone else really impatiently waiting for the release of Fighting is Magic? I haven’t seen any discussion of it here for a while, despite it being an ongoing project for the entire time. I just checked out their site and all the updates and posts on there today, and am convinced that it’s going to be at least 20% cooler than I thought it would be.

I really hate how it’s taking literally forever to make. I believe they started making it back in March of last year, and they’re still barely halfway done at this point (or something). I understand they’re doing this part time and for the community’s sake and we shouldn’t rush them, but seriously, I think they could have long finished this if they had a proper engine (eww Fighter Maker 2) and a proper coder to make one.

My only hopes are that 1) Rarity will be the most OP character ever and then they’ll have to ban her like they did with Meta Knight, except then actually unban her with on changes at all because she’s awesome like that, and 2)That this game will be a quality fighting game and be monumentally genre defining in the vein of Street Fighter II since it’s taking them so long to make.

And the voice actors they have are absolutely amazing. Seriously, every audition, right up to the honorable mentions, sounds exactly like how they sound on the show. The real voice actors might as well audition, and you wouldn’t know the difference because every single person that auditioned is just so good.

Also, I find it hilariously ironic that an actual member of the target audience of the show, namely a young girl, decided to audition for this clearly brony-oriented project. Her Fluttershy voice was really good too.

I died at around 0:08.

(all this stuff was posted like 2 months ago but no one discussed it so I might as well do it now)

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 03:24AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 03:22AM EDT

@Twins
Yeah, they’ve been working on that thing forever.
So long, in fact, that people have been creating theoretical fan-art.

I’m not really a huge fighting game fan, so I don’t know the intricacies of their creation, but it sounds like most of the ‘delay’ has been in favor of balancing more than raw structural coding.
No idea how long that should take, but I figure the more they do, the better the end product.

And, they’ve really gotten some amazing actors, like you said.
Since most of these are essentially anonymous internet applications, I think it would be hilarious if one of them turned out to be the real voice actor just doing it for fun!
Sadly, those silly ‘acting contracts’ and ‘union regulations’ pretty much make that out of the question.

Given its notoriety inside the community (and even outside; it was featured in a gaming magazine some time ago… sort of… LINK), I’m sure there will be no shortage of players once it finally releases.
Heck, I’m sure I’ll suck, but I’ll still give it a try.
I’m hoping for a Cutie Mark Crusaders three-in-one team, actually.
That would be awesome!

@Twins, below
Yeah, there are odd rules when you can get yourself classified as a ‘parody.’
I’m not sure how that would work for this game, though.
The MADTV sketch, as I recall, couldn’t use the real characters’ names and only their vague likenesses.
Mane6 is using basically show-accurate art with all the official, copyrighted names in place.
I’m guessing that’s where they’d run into licensing problems.
That said, Hasbro has been surprisingly lenient at times when it comes to actor involvement in the community (Technically, they could step in to stop Tara’s crazy Twittering if they wanted to), so who knows.
Maybe we’ve entered a situation where everyone is just assuming that it’s impossible so no one has bothered to ask.

Edit: Just to expand the conversation, I’ll say that the games I’m most looking forward to are the Pokemon mods, Dusk and Dawn.
They have an alpha version out that’s playable basically up through the first gym, but their progress has likewise been painfully slow. (Download Link)
Alpha version 0.3 has been in the works for months now with no solid release date in sight.
With summer upon us, hopefully some of these game makers will be able to buckle down and crank these amazing projects out soon!

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 04:30AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 04:03AM EDT

YES.

Twins said:

(I hope that) Rarity will be the most OP character

Fighting is Magic is actually the biggest reason I started liking Rarity. She used to be my fifth out of the main six, but she’s moved up to second favorite now (if only the writers would stop making the element of generosity so selfish, she might be first).

HAVE YOU SEEN HER COMBOS? THOSE JEWEL JUGGLE COMBOS? THAT SHIT IS RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME! I’m probably going to try to main as Rarity until the DLC characters start getting introduced. I love characters that play like that. She kinda reminds me of Anakaris from the Darkstalkers series, but more fabulous.

@DeadParrot
That “theoretical fan-art” is from Mane6. One of the guys made that and a bunch of other “Marevel VS Clopcom” images before they ever knew they were going to make a game.

EDIT:
Just watched the Fluttershy audition video…
>MFW

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 04:19AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 04:16AM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Twins
Yeah, they’ve been working on that thing forever.
So long, in fact, that people have been creating theoretical fan-art.

I’m not really a huge fighting game fan, so I don’t know the intricacies of their creation, but it sounds like most of the ‘delay’ has been in favor of balancing more than raw structural coding.
No idea how long that should take, but I figure the more they do, the better the end product.

And, they’ve really gotten some amazing actors, like you said.
Since most of these are essentially anonymous internet applications, I think it would be hilarious if one of them turned out to be the real voice actor just doing it for fun!
Sadly, those silly ‘acting contracts’ and ‘union regulations’ pretty much make that out of the question.

Given its notoriety inside the community (and even outside; it was featured in a gaming magazine some time ago… sort of… LINK), I’m sure there will be no shortage of players once it finally releases.
Heck, I’m sure I’ll suck, but I’ll still give it a try.
I’m hoping for a Cutie Mark Crusaders three-in-one team, actually.
That would be awesome!

@Twins, below
Yeah, there are odd rules when you can get yourself classified as a ‘parody.’
I’m not sure how that would work for this game, though.
The MADTV sketch, as I recall, couldn’t use the real characters’ names and only their vague likenesses.
Mane6 is using basically show-accurate art with all the official, copyrighted names in place.
I’m guessing that’s where they’d run into licensing problems.
That said, Hasbro has been surprisingly lenient at times when it comes to actor involvement in the community (Technically, they could step in to stop Tara’s crazy Twittering if they wanted to), so who knows.
Maybe we’ve entered a situation where everyone is just assuming that it’s impossible so no one has bothered to ask.

Edit: Just to expand the conversation, I’ll say that the games I’m most looking forward to are the Pokemon mods, Dusk and Dawn.
They have an alpha version out that’s playable basically up through the first gym, but their progress has likewise been painfully slow. (Download Link)
Alpha version 0.3 has been in the works for months now with no solid release date in sight.
With summer upon us, hopefully some of these game makers will be able to buckle down and crank these amazing projects out soon!

Didn’t Tara do the voice of Twilight (and also Pinkie) in that MAD parody though? If she got away with bending the rules there, I don’t see how they couldn’t for this.

Although, I’ve heard that rules apply differently to parodies. Couldn’t the creators of Fighting is magic proclaim that their work, is in fact, a direct parody of the show (the name, the violence), and exploit that loophole to get the actual voice actor to sign on the project without breaking any industry rules, per se?

Twins 1
The voice acting industry 0

Jul 05, 2012 at 04:19AM EDT

@Twins

Remember Katawa Shoujo?

That project started in the summer of 2007 and was released at the beginning of 2012.

So I’m saying they’re doing pretty well for a fan project.

Also, Rarity theme is best theme.

Jul 05, 2012 at 05:07AM EDT

@twins

Yeah, I’ve been Waiting forever for that game to come out. Based on what I’ve seen, pinkie pie will be my main. She has the most potential for massive combos and her teleport move looks really good too. She was actually god tier before they nerfed her a bit.

Jul 05, 2012 at 09:32AM EDT

Waiting for Fighting is Magic?

I’m dual modding my PS3 Madcatz Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Tournament Edition Fightstick so I can use it with fighting is magic on my PC!

MY THUMBS ARE READY!

As for banning characters, that only happens in Super Smash Brothers since it’s not really designed for tournament fighting (Oval peg in round hole) I mean…no one banned Yun/Yang or Fei Long in SSFIV when they were clearly OP.

Jul 05, 2012 at 11:33AM EDT

Pony Feathers

Pony feathers, pony feathers, from clear skies they fall
Except for the orange feathers, they’re no good at all

Blue feathers go fast
found on hills and high tracks

Yellow feathers slow
In bird’s nest and bee’s home

The Orange feathers
To roads and earth tethered

The yellow feathers itched, and the blue feathers fall
The orange feathers plucked, for they’re no good at all

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 11:50AM EDT

@ScootLuna
MFW:

I mean, if people had crazy stuff happen to drawing, then who’d ever would attempt to write a fic like that would have Chris…
wait…
@DeadParrot

You heard the man, sit in the seat.

@Fighting is Magic
I would probably play it, if I had time between my assorted other activites. I’m not sure though, but it looks fun.

Edit: @Fifths
Neat!

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 11:57AM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT

@Fighting is Magic:

Yeah, I’m gonna get it and play the shit out of it. At least, if it’s available on PC, which I assume it is. My XBOX doesn’t have online, so… yeah.

I’m most likely going to be maning Applejack if they go with a base few characters, like the Mane Six and all that. If they have side-characters, I’d go for Spike, Celestia, and Iron Will.

As for the other stuff you were talking about, it doesn’t matter how much copyright they infringe on, as long as they make absolutely no profit and do not damage Hasbro’s market. As it is, Hasbro is getting free advertising from the project, so even if they did have an immensely solid base to sue on (which they don’t, really), they wouldn’t, because it’d damage their market more than the game being released.

The actors could go onto the project, I believe, and Hasbro wouldn’t really have a conflict or problem with it, because it’s the actors using their talent in their free time. Not entirely sure what the contract entails, so Hasbro might have a claim not to let the actors use their voices for the project, but I doubt that.

@RandomMan:

Ahem:

Jul 05, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT

@Solaire
Yes, as long as they make no money, the developers can pretty much be free to use copyrighted material with very few restrictions.
(Technically, this reasoning puts all those plushie and custom model makers in a legal grey-area. Hasbro could force them to stop at any time if they truly wanted to, but most of them are so small in comparison to the mega-corporation that it would do more harm than good.)

When it comes to voice actors, though, the rules really are quite a bit more strict.
(I’m basing this on what I’ve scrounged together from lots of Simpsons and Futurama commentaries.)
A lot of voice contracts include clauses restricting the actors from using their character voices for anything other than the show itself and other ‘approved’ things like commercials and promos.
I think the reasoning is that anything using the ‘real’ voice might be viewed as being endorsed or supported by Hasbro, even when it isn’t.
Obviously, exceptions can be made, but you would have to get into talks directly with Hasbro and whoever handles the actors’ contracts to make it happen.
Since Hasbro’s primary audience is still little girls, I doubt they would really want to directly work with the creation of a fighting game, tame as it may be by modern game standards.

@Fifths
Nice!
Sounds like something Scoots would write in her hipster phase.

@Popper
Where should I sit?
Ah, the couch looks nice!

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 12:22PM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 12:18PM EDT

@DeadParrot
Take a seat wherever, and explain to the good man why you wrote that thing about Scootaloo and Luna. He just needs a few moments.

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 12:27PM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 12:27PM EDT

Yeah it seems like there’s quite a few MLP games coming out, there’s fighting is magic, pony kart, and legends of equestria

@Solaire

Bitch please, don’t you know derpy fighting theme is best fighting theme?

@Scootaluna

We could try to stop it all we want, but it’ll happen one way or another, weather we want it to or not.

@Zarathh
Poor Molestia, don’t you know that once you say “What can possibly go wrong” something will go wrong. Well, the royal flank is most likely gonna have some third degree burns for the next few weeks…

Last edited Jul 05, 2012 at 01:29PM EDT
Jul 05, 2012 at 01:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!