Forums / General

191,132 total conversations in 5,242 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

Went Shoppng for groceries. Internet memes e’erywhere.

First I saw a box of this.

Then a little later, I saw a box of this

I thought about getting the pony fruit snacks, but I decided against it. They had each of the mane six on there except for Rainbow Dash, and really, if I’m going to go so far as to pay good money to eat out a pony’s gummy parts, it better be goddamn Rainbow Dash.

I mean seriously

>brightly colored pony fruit-snacks
>No Rainbow Dash

Sep 18, 2012 at 01:26PM EDT

guys, you’ll never believe what just happened no less than 15 minutes ago. so my sister and her boyfriend came home while i was watching MLP season 1 DVD and they went into the kitchen to get some drinks. while in the kitchen they were doing their whole lovey dovey thing and kissing and playing grab-ass and what not, and it was unappealing to me, so i went up to my room. a few minutes later, i heard them enter into my sister’s room and then some rustling occurred. i thought nothing of it, they were probably just making out again on her bed. then i heard her scream and i got worried so i ran over to her room, and opened the door, got on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur! open to door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur! BOOM BOOM ACKLAKKALAKKA BOOM BOOM BOOM ACKLAKKALAKKA BOOM!

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:38PM EDT

badsitrep, gar wrote:

Guise,

We need to le stop with all the le meme arrows.

We may accidentally le hit someone’s le knee and prevent them from fulfilling their dreams of being an adventurer.

le monkey face

@ le stargazer

> straight up told my mom and brother about pones within first week of liking pones
> spaghetti remained neatly in pockets

Just kidding. They knew I had some girly interests here and there growing up and I knew they wouldn’t be surprised. I may not have told them either if it wasn’t for that.

Sep 18, 2012 at 02:51PM EDT

@Fifths
Rainbow Dash isn’t a fruit snack because Rainbow Dash is a kill-joy.
Simple as that.

@Derpy Vasquez
CLICK HERE FOR CUTE

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 03:17PM EDT

BronyVision:

This is how the shot looks like:

This is how a Brony sees it

Which leads to this:

Exhibit B:

Need I say more?

Stay classy Fandom…stay classy.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

I want to know more about this Emerald Ray character. like seriously. all i know is that he was a green blind bag character for the season three “crystal ponies” rainbow set thing. anyone have any other news?

Sep 18, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT

“You Forcefeed Fluttershy.”

>mfw

Sep 18, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT

@RandomMan
Damn you evil rabbit
You know mine is Aug. 2
And how that is my fetish

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 07:15PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 07:10PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

>mfw

You diaper Twilight Sparkle.

With a face like that, how could I say no?

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

So there was a box in my mail today.

Time to unpack that fucker.

Now this is looking more like it. What’s this gray thing?

Well fuck me.

It’s a Derpy plush.

Yes people, this little fella was waiting for me in my mail this morning.

Kudos for the plush go to our plushmaster Deadparrot. I couldn’t have asked for a better gift.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT

@X-singular
You broke down those two parts of that scene but you left out the Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash ‘kiss’?!

Over-analysis away!

Some bronies…

@Birthday Game
‘Worship the hooves of… Trixie?!’
Nope, get off the stage!

Kind of wish I had my mom’s birthday, though.
Worshiping Lyra’s hooves seems like it would be a nice, mutually-enjoyable activity.

@RandomMan
Oh, wow, that was quick.
Glad you like her!
In a convenient bit of timing, I also received a package recently.

Yep, finally got a Fluttershy and my very own RandomMan voodoo do-
Um… Angel Bunny… yeah…
You can probably just ignore any stabbing pains you may feel over the next few days.
I’m sure they’re nothing.
Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 09:34PM EDT

@X-Singular

I… didn’t know the 3D pony models could be made to do that. Add that to all the other pics, and I once again find myself shaking my head and muttering. Oh internet, you and I have such different senses of humor. ¬_¬

@Derpy Plushie

I was about to start bugging Fifths to share his elaborate plans for assassinating fellow forum users and taking their plushies, and then I could hunt Random Man down and take his Derpy… But then I saw DeadParrot’s Fluttershy.

MINE! GIMME!!

@DeadParrot

Fun fact: I just so happen to have the most popular version of that clip on YouTube. Aren’t I special? Actually, I only posted that video to try and show that what everyone was saying about it was basically nonsense.

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

Ya…so that’s two users Deadparrot has gotten plushies for and by my estimate, his personal collection has exceeded the cost of my laptop and all my instruments combined.

I think it’s time Deadparrot graduated from a mere plush master to PLUSH MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Last edited Sep 18, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:03PM EDT

Fifths wrote:

Went Shoppng for groceries. Internet memes e’erywhere.

First I saw a box of this.

Then a little later, I saw a box of this

I thought about getting the pony fruit snacks, but I decided against it. They had each of the mane six on there except for Rainbow Dash, and really, if I’m going to go so far as to pay good money to eat out a pony’s gummy parts, it better be goddamn Rainbow Dash.

I mean seriously

>brightly colored pony fruit-snacks
>No Rainbow Dash

>mfw i read your post while eating mlp fruit snacks

What are the odds????

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:29AM EDT

So… this happened:

Yeah, that is the real Rarity (a.k.a. Tabitha St. Germaine)!
Awesome animation as usual by BlackGryph0n.

Typically, official staff is barred, or at least strongly discouraged, from participating in fan works (legal stuff) but pony seems to be the exception for whatever reason.
(Maybe “Twilightlicious” broke some ground?)
I hope the other VAs are ready for the torrent of “Hey, can you voice this thing I did? Tabitha did it!”

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 12:41PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

>mfw

lets see

gustave fucks you with a strapon

….DO NOT WANT

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:50PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

>mfw

Dominate Big Macintosh…

Poker face… just poker face…

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 01:53PM EDT

@ Verbose and parrot

Miss-using books… In a time of war!?

Those books are needed on the frontlines, dammit. Do you guys want Ponyville to be invaded by Naponeon Poneaparte?

Huh. Actually that sounds like it would make a strong season 3 opener. By all means keep using books incorrectly – you know, like, read them or something.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT

@Iamslow
Your name says it all, man!
Everyone knows that The Great Book War ended years ago with the retaking of Book Mountain.

We are simply attempting to re-purpose those ancient weapons of war.
Your ‘reading’ suggestion is a little nutty, though.
As if there’s anything in these books… worth… read…
Wait a sec…

This calls my whole concept of reality into question!
AJ!
Find out what Twilight is reading!

Hmm… Her prediction is probably quite accurate then.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Sexytiem with FutaRarity…

Do not want.

Sep 19, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

looks like one of my drawings

this one

become a glass

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221126638569

and got signed by de lancie, and now its going to charity

…..not bad,good thing is for a good cause, but seriously next time……ask for it

Sep 19, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT

@Gummy

I just left a comment in the Nightly Roundup. What you could do is email EqD (submit@equestriadaily.com) and ask them to take the link down, but I think you’d just want credit/be asked before people started generating money with it.

As for the issue objectively, I think it’s an interesting situation. The copyright belongs to Hasbro, but it’s something you created. Making money off of a donation is probably infringing upon copyright, but with all of the Nightly Roundup stuff, I’m sure they have people watching it closely to make sure that they aren’t making too much money off of their property. And if it’s donation money, then I doubt they’ll try to send cease and desist orders.

But in regards to the fandom, I would like to believe that bronies respect the fan artists (of various mediums), and I’d believe that most of us do. But some really don’t due to plenty of reasons.

The guy who’s trying to make a dime for charity:

1. Didn’t feel like he should ask because it was for charity and he wasn’t making money for himself (which is weak reasoning, in my opinion.)
2. Isn’t considerate of most people (which…I could actually see. Some people, brony or not, just plain don’t care about other people, and they’ll put their values over another person’s consideration in a heartbeat, even if it’s not their property in the first place.)
3. He couldn’t find the source. I have a ton of images saved, but I don’t always know who’s the artist. Now I would go and find the source and ask before I tried to generate money from it, and I wouldn’t use that art if I couldn’t, but some other people…don’t care as much, I guess?
Sep 19, 2012 at 05:22PM EDT

Ah, yes. Finally, my first post in a thread I’ve been wanting to break into for a while.

(I really hope I’m not run out of here.)

I apologize if it’s sort of obnoxious to attempt to get a topic going in my first post in this thread, but I’ll take my chances.

We have plots for Part 1 and Part 2 of season three.

Discuss.

Sep 19, 2012 at 05:58PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Ah, yes. Finally, my first post in a thread I’ve been wanting to break into for a while.

I apologize if it’s sort of obnoxious to attempt to get a topic going in my first post in this thread, but I’ll take my chances.

Discuss.

I’m avoiding spoilering myself, so I won’t join you on this.

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I’m avoiding spoilering myself, so I won’t join you on this.

Well, that is understandable, but to be fair, they aren’t entire plots or anything. Just little excerpts from the beginnings. But if you want to me to delete my post altogether, I’d be glad to.

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:31PM EDT

@Da Dancing Gummy

Hey, that picture! I used it for a reference once, it’s one of the first pictures of Discord to pop up on google search.

Sep 19, 2012 at 06:43PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Discuss.

I’m really sorry but I haven’t even listened to the leaked songs from Season 3 to avoid spoilers so I really can’t join in :(

@Deadparrot:

He actually just straight up said it was Tabitha? Because I recall he was dancing around the issue due to contractual obligations. You know, the whole description for his first Rarity video is basically “What? Tabitha? PSSHT, no way she would get in huge trouble if she ever you know, deigned to voice this Rarity video where I I will not reveal the VA because she wants her privacy and all….yeah….that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it”

Sep 19, 2012 at 07:05PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

Well, that is understandable, but to be fair, they aren’t entire plots or anything. Just little excerpts from the beginnings. But if you want to me to delete my post altogether, I’d be glad to.

I think you may have struck coal here. I’ve heard two of the songs from Season 3, but I’m avoiding spoiling images and other Season 3 information (I don’t know how much else is out there.)

So I can’t really weigh in either.

But don’t worry about your posts and them being spoilers. You’ve told us what they are, and they’re behind links. You’ve got enough protection there as it is.

Sep 19, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT

@phoenix
Yup, here’s the official page with the credits (TheLivingTombstone did the music apparently): A RHYME BY RARITY
I, too, am pretty curious as to how all this ended up taking place.
Typically, voice actor contracts are written in a way that basically bars them from portraying a copyrighted character for anything outside of official, sanctioned functions (thus why they all need agent approval to attend any of the conventions or go on a radio show).
That could imply that the two of them actually went to Hasbro/The Hub to get permission for this.
Then again, BlackGryph0n’s big breakout video came about from animating Tara’s “Twilightlicious” song which she did on a whim for Twitter (not approved by Hasbro) and I don’t recall ever hearing about any negative repercussions from that.
It could be that the Hasbro execs have decided to be very laid back in these instances, or they figure that direct fan-involvement will ultimately serve to strengthen the show.
Or maybe they quite simply don’t know about it yet and reckoning will soon be upon us.
Without any more information, it’s impossible to know.
It’s definitely a very unusual case.

@Fun Police

(Note: Only a play on your username, not telling you to stop posting! More people are always welcome!)
Really, those synopses are pretty vague.
There are some intriguing elements in there, but it would be very difficult to speculate too much.
Not to mention, I think we’d rather avoid the subject all together out of respect for those attempting to avoid spoilers.
All we really need now is a DAMN AIR-DATE!

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 08:24PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 08:22PM EDT

@Parrot: By unofficial things I’ve seen, it’s gonna be out next month. We haven’t got an official air-date, but IMDB says it’s Oct. 2012, and considering the last episodes were in April, that sounds about right to me. Of course, whether or not that date was stealthily put up by a Hasbro / Studio B employee remains to be seen.

Sep 19, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

I hereby officially apologize for my last couple of forum posts (and my first posts in this thread. Bad start!) Well, I feel like an idiot.

I think I’ll let a veteran get a topic going. Then I’ll just go with that.

Sep 19, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT

So what Pony Podcasts does everyone here listen to? I personally prefer Bronyville, but I’ve never really listened to any others and I’m open to suggestions.

Sep 19, 2012 at 09:22PM EDT

>Discussing a topic in Pony General

I got one though.

I think we mostly believe that FiM is “safe.” If the show ends any time soon, then it wouldn’t be because of weak viewership or weak toy/merch sales.

But in terms of the outlook of the existence of the fourth generation, would the show be just as well off without bronies?

@StarGazer

I don’t listen to podcasts/brony radio. I’m…particular about voices, and everyone seems to have the same accent.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 09:30PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 09:28PM EDT

would the show be just as well off without bronies?

Ah, yes. The ’ol “What if Bronies never happened” question.

Basing from previous instances of that debate, I think we can agree that if 4chan never took notice of MLP then it would have remained in as much obscurity as the Carebears animated series. Carebears carries on without all the attention, so would FiM. There would still be 2.5 seasons or whatever but after that, it would simply end without leaving a trace.

Without all the attention from Bronies, FiM would continue on it’s own way. Living up to nobodies expectations. It would succeed in its original goal: Appealing to young girls and selling merchandise but I don’t think it would have amounted to much more than that. Certainly not becoming what it is known for now.

It was 4chans influential power that turned MLP from being just another regular cartoon to an internet sensation. The same power that turned Rebecca Black from Wannabe to actual celebrity is the same power that selected MLP and carried it into animation stardom

The shows good qualities would still be there but they would have gone undiscovered without internet nerds there to over-analyse them.

Derpy would not exist, Vinyl Scratch would not exist, Doctor Who would not have been revisited by generation Z. There would be no Fox reports, no conventions, no detailed cosplays, no inspired artwork or music. All of those things are here now due to Brony influence.

Would FiM have been just fine without all that? Yes. It would have done well enough by itself. But only as far as ordinary non-notable kids cartoons go.

Long story short, I would never suggest the show would not have worked without Bronies, but it is only because of Bronies that the show ascended to the level of fame it has now.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT

Fun Police wrote:

I hereby officially apologize for my last couple of forum posts (and my first posts in this thread. Bad start!) Well, I feel like an idiot.

I think I’ll let a veteran get a topic going. Then I’ll just go with that.

NO DON’T DO THAT! I’LL SPOIL SEASON 3 FOR MYSELF SO I CAN DISCUSS WITH YOU!

DON’T GO :(

Verbose wrote:

>Discussing a topic in Pony General
>laughingdashandspike.gif

Tempted to start R34 discussion.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT

so, the image gallery is reaching 100k

should the gallery be closed for cleaning or what?

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

@Tabitha

I’ll never have any of the official voice actors in one of my videos…

@MLP witout teh bornies

Kids’ shows will trudge on. I was flipping through the channels the other day, something I rarely do, and stumbled across some horrible 3-d animated kids’ show. No idea what it was, just that it was god awful. Shows for the young’uns don’t need the attention. They’ll run their course and no one will notice.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 11:28PM EDT

Da dancing Spike wrote:

so, the image gallery is reaching 100k

should the gallery be closed for cleaning or what?

NO

DON’T SAY ANYTHING

WE JUST GOT OVER A R34/CLEANUP DISCUSSION A PAGE AGO

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:29PM EDT

Gobots ran for like 65 episodes. How is that 13 seasons?

That and I can’t remember any of the old generations running more than 3 seasons long.

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 01:09AM EDT
Sep 20, 2012 at 01:08AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Gobots ran for like 65 episodes. How is that 13 seasons?

That and I can’t remember any of the old generations running more than 3 seasons long.

Ar, Guesstimation is a cruel mistress.

Point stands. If Go-bots had 65 episodes, I’d imagine MLP could go further.

Sep 20, 2012 at 01:29AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!