Forums / Discussion / General

168,559 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

Twins….if you’re supposed to be sitting down….why are you raising a sword?

Sep 28, 2012 at 03:12AM EDT

@Phoneix

I do believe Twins is riding an invisible steed. You can see her feet are in the right position where the stirrups would be and her right hand is on the reins. And she’s doing the whole “TALLY HO” thing with the sword

Also is that an eye patch? Invisible mount, sword, eye patch…holy shit, Twins is badass.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 04:23AM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 04:20AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Phoneix

I do believe Twins is riding an invisible steed. You can see her feet are in the right position where the stirrups would be and her right hand is on the reins. And she’s doing the whole “TALLY HO” thing with the sword

Also is that an eye patch? Invisible mount, sword, eye patch…holy shit, Twins is badass.

>inb4 someone draws Twins riding BSoD’s Pony OC into glorious battle.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 06:27AM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 06:26AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

>inb4 someone draws Twins riding BSoD’s Pony OC into glorious battle.

“riding”

Don’t forget the carrots.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 06:49AM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 06:48AM EDT

I like the invisible warhorse angle, I’m going to roll with that.

Artists impression of Twins: Estimated accuracy: -1%

Pirate hat added because why the hell not?

Sep 28, 2012 at 07:23AM EDT

2/10 would not lol

It’s not blue, it’s not animated and not set to a soundtrack.

I’m not hard to please, you young ’uns have just set your standards too low!

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 08:39AM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 08:38AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

2/10 would not lol

You guys are so damn lucky I’m typing this in the wee hours of the morn as I prepare to leave the Internets for the weekend. I just finished my Pinkie Pie mane build. So. Damn. Lucky.

But when I get back…

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:15AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

2/10 would not lol

Sep 28, 2012 at 02:02PM EDT

@Parrot: I don’t usually pay attention to voice actors’ names. I can notice when it’s the same person, though. It’s been awhile since I saw any Batman: TAS, let alone a Batgirl episode, but now that I compare the voices in my head, I realize you’re right.

Now Twilight is Batman and Batgirl.

Also, I’m not going to let Twins have all the fun. For those of you who have followed the handwriting thread in JFF, you may remember I drew a random little OC, just for the heck of it (it was a handwriting thread, Crimson Locks added art to hers, challenge accepted). I’ll enlargen and polish it, and you superior artists can go to town on it.

Sep 28, 2012 at 03:27PM EDT

@Deadparrot: Lyra as a stalker Changeling?
I can get behind this. Metaphorically speaking, of course, I want to be nowhere near Lyra now.
She’s insane! She believes in a species not proven to exist and stalks a mare without end almost anywhere. How many things has Lyra been present for? How long has she been doing this?
Also, yes, I do not believe Scoots is best pony. She is best Crusader. If you attack me I will destroy you. Do not test me.
Self-defence!

@Twilit: You name-called Tara Strong and Twilight Sparkle in a theater.
You are a braver soul than I.
But you do realize that if Twilight is Batman, well… Batman’s parents are dead…

@Twins: Because someone’s got to say it…
…invisible stallion.
But that does look pretty cool. I wonder if you armor your invisible steed, or if you just rely on the fact that riding an invisible horse into battle will confuse them long enough for blade to meet neck.

@Blue: That Sweetie Twins vector looks pretty pissed. Just sayin’, I would not want to face her down.

There’s still no drawings from me because I’m still paranoid as all fucking fuck about ponies getting out anywhere, but…
I think I just found DeadParrot IRL.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:32PM EDT

So, I was looking at the pictures and I kept wondering, “why isn’t Twins a pony?”

Corrected!

Hey…

Hey Bsod…

Hey…

Do you like letting Twins ride you?

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:36PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

@Deadparrot: Lyra as a stalker Changeling?
I can get behind this. Metaphorically speaking, of course, I want to be nowhere near Lyra now.
She’s insane! She believes in a species not proven to exist and stalks a mare without end almost anywhere. How many things has Lyra been present for? How long has she been doing this?
Also, yes, I do not believe Scoots is best pony. She is best Crusader. If you attack me I will destroy you. Do not test me.
Self-defence!

@Twilit: You name-called Tara Strong and Twilight Sparkle in a theater.
You are a braver soul than I.
But you do realize that if Twilight is Batman, well… Batman’s parents are dead…

@Twins: Because someone’s got to say it…
…invisible stallion.
But that does look pretty cool. I wonder if you armor your invisible steed, or if you just rely on the fact that riding an invisible horse into battle will confuse them long enough for blade to meet neck.

@Blue: That Sweetie Twins vector looks pretty pissed. Just sayin’, I would not want to face her down.

There’s still no drawings from me because I’m still paranoid as all fucking fuck about ponies getting out anywhere, but…
I think I just found DeadParrot IRL.

Nope. Unfortunately, Dark Knight Returns is Direct-to-DVD, like most DC animated offerings. It’s a shame, it’s an excellent movie. The door to his dorm room was open, though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT

BSoD’s OC and Sweetie Belle sure to get up to a lot of shenanigans.

My new headcanon dictates BSoD is Rarity and Sweetie’s long lost cousin from the depths of the internet, from where he has escaped his imprisonment. He is also Twilight Sparkle’s boyfriend. :3

Right, guise?

Right?

Guise…

Right?

Sep 28, 2012 at 05:20PM EDT

@Ponystagnation

Hm i thought about this before as well and came to this conclusion: There is a point when you think you have seen every medium ponified and nobody has fresh ideas.

So here are a couple of things that i haven’t seen ponified yet. In some cases the reason is quite clear, as it consumes a lot of time, needs dedication or a set of skills to create.

- A real life sized pony statue. There are lots and lots of custom MLP figurines based upon the toys, but i haven’t seen a bigger statue yet. What i have in mind is a character created out of rock/wood/steel which is converted by the apple to pony scale into real life.

- Ponycasemods. There seem to be a couple of good looking mods in the making, this almost finished Fluttershymod really stands out:

Unfortunatly these are just detail shots, but it looks really good!

- Ponyplantsculptures and Ponyicescultpures. Nope nothing to be found.

- Pony moss graffiti.

This is something that i am trying to do. Okay i haven’t accomplished much right now and i don’t know if the moss will grow during winter, but fall should actually be a good time to grow. I am experimenting with different kind of mosses and undergrounds and i am looking for a good spot. It needs to be a shady place with a relative high humidity, so it’s not that easy to find.

So there is still some stuff left begging to be ponified;)

@Twins and BSOD
I think you will need new avatars in a couple of days. So are you guys creating shipfics next?

Sep 28, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

@Sparty
I actually did post a real-life picture of myself on here a couple months ago.
Might have been at the end of the last Pony General thread.
It’s there somewhere!

@Fifths
Twins is a pirate now?
Well, all right!
ARRRRRR!

@Whitish
I think I can take care of your first bullet point at least.
It’s not exactly ‘life-size’ and it isn’t quite done yet, but this is pretty impressive!

Sep 28, 2012 at 06:26PM EDT

Well, I guess if you interpret it as an eyepatch, an eyepatch it shall be.

And seriously, I go out of my way to do a non static pose this time around and this is what I get from you guys? Quality artwork? Thanks a lot.

(hey look it’s Friday)

Sep 28, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT

@Ivan

YOU FORGOT THE PIRATE HAT! Go back and add it!

@Random

@Twilit

you may remember I drew a random little OC, just for the heck of it

I noticed that. If you would like to see everyone try to vector it, try making a larger, more detailed version of it then draw your OC being shipped with the OC of another KYM user. That should do the trick.

@Fifths

Hey…
Hey Bsod…
Hey…
Do you like letting Twins ride you?

Yes

@Deadparrort

Twins is a pirate now?

Also yes

@Solaire

My new headcanon dictates BSoD is Rarity and Sweetie’s long lost cousin from the depths of the internet, from where he has escaped his imprisonment. He is also Twilight Sparkle’s boyfriend. :3

Hmm, okay. I just figured im Sweetie’s babysitter or something (Implying Sweetie is often neglected by her sister and spends many hours unnatended on the internet).

But isn’t it against the OC rules, to ship your OC with a main character? Or something?

@Alex

Sigh…

@Twins

Was it supposed to be sunglasses. I.E: Fifths interpretation? I wasn’t too sure, sorry about that. But it can be changed back in later sketches, however I think you should keep the pirate hat. It looks fantasic on you

I’m fine with this new swashbuckling you. Because if Ivan and Randomman are going to go and ship us then I think I would prefer to be be shipped with a pirate rather than a filly.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 09:08PM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT

Happy birthday, Fifths!

Have a present; some drawings I did of you:

You as a pony:

I also drew Cartwright:

And Cartwright as a pony:

This whole thing started out with me drawing Fifths from his video (for some reason guys with beards are interesting to draw). Then Cartwright posted (a URL of) a picture of himself and it snowballed from there.

(I gotta get a drawing pad and use my notepad for just, you know, writing.)

More pony drawings coming soon (just gotta crop ’em).

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT

After thinking about Homestarr Runner today, It got me to thinking about something I am honestly surprised I haven’t seen yet. I’m thinking about Strong Bad email 150, or “Alternate Universe”, specifically, the bit that plays after clicking Senor Cardgage (the guy who looks like Strong Bad at 40) when the email ends. Replace Strong Bad with Scootaloo and Senor Cardgage with Rainbow Dash. I’m sure a good comic or animation could be made out of that.

Sep 28, 2012 at 09:10PM EDT

STOP GIVING BIRTHDAY STUFF TO FIFTHS HE SAID HE DIDN’T EVEN CARE ABOUT HIS BIRTHDAY YOU GUYS SUCK.
Why no, I’m not jealous that my birthday came and went and no one cared. Why should that bother me? :P

I kid, give Fifths all the stuff you can, as I recall he destroyed most of his worldly possessions a while back.

And what’s this, Twins and BSoD again? You guys have too much time on your hands!

>Twilight’s face when rumors that BSoD is her boyfriend

Edit to Blue Scree below: True, very true.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 09:14PM EDT

BSOD Wrote:

@Ivan

YOU FORGOT THE PIRATE HAT! Go back and add it!

I didn’t forget it. Im working on a separate pirate drawing actually. Ill post it in 12-18hrs or so.

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

Ivan wrote:

I noticed that. If you would like to see everyone try to vector it, try making a larger, more detailed version of it then draw your OC being shipped with the OC of another KYM user. That should do the trick.

I intend to draw a new version (with my s---ty drawing skills). The challenge is getting around to it. I have a friend in town I’ll be hanging out with most of tonight, my roommate usually goes to bed at about 11, and I’ll probably procrastinate it anyways. I may be staying up till 2 Central or later, though, waiting for another friend. So if I do I’ll revise it.

Now to get some printer paper…

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:26PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

Ivan wrote:

I intend to draw a new version (with my s---ty drawing skills). The challenge is getting around to it. I have a friend in town I’ll be hanging out with most of tonight, my roommate usually goes to bed at about 11, and I’ll probably procrastinate it anyways. I may be staying up till 2 Central or later, though, waiting for another friend. So if I do I’ll revise it.

Now to get some printer paper…

BSOD wrote that actually

Last edited Sep 28, 2012 at 10:53PM EDT
Sep 28, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Well, I guess if you interpret it as an eyepatch, an eyepatch it shall be.

And seriously, I go out of my way to do a non static pose this time around and this is what I get from you guys? Quality artwork? Thanks a lot.

(hey look it’s Friday)

Frankly, It was my intention. I never miss a chance to make BSoD’s life more miserable. :D

@Owens

I was like “Oh hey, yet another remix of the moon theme from Ducktales. Probably shitty dubstep”

But then I listened and was like:

@Alex Mercer:

I once rode Blue Screen. It was horrible, would not ride again.

Oh wait, you’re talking about a Horseback ride…..never mind.

Sep 29, 2012 at 02:26AM EDT

WHAT
Did I actually deliver within 5 hours?
That doesn’t usually happen…

Inked because I like inking drawings and shitty pencil drawing is shitty. (Not that it isn’t best pony drawing ever anyways)

I realized drawing this that there’s really no good model out there for the male ponies. Doc Whooves’ spotlight during “Hearts and Hooves Day” was a good model for the differences between male and female ponies, though. Thanks, CMCs (AKA Parrot and Twins)!

And if you’re interested, the cutie mark is a whisk, I want to own a restaurant, am studying restaurant management and like to cook so I thought it would be appropriate.

HAVE AT IT!

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 03:17AM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 02:59AM EDT

OCs, OCs everywhar
Here, have a picture of the OC boxfigs did of me talking with my OC of Deadparrot about the movie starring Twins’ OC.

DO NOT STEALLLLLLZZZZZ!!!

(In case anyone’s wondering, my OC’s cutiemark is the symbol used for the fifth chord in music theory. You know, because my character is a musician and totally not secretly the pony version of V for vendetta s where you dun goofed.

-The torso is too big and square.
-The front legs are too thin in comparison with the back legs.
-The eyes are too small
-The ear is shaped funny

Cooking eh? I actually went to cooking school for a few years back in high school. I gave it up when I realized I would never have the work ethic needed to work in a restaurant.T

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 11:47AM EDT

@Ivan

Hey, it was my idea to turn Twins into a pirate

Anyway, I was just thinking of making a vector of the concept myself (though you would have done it way better anyway) but I was planning on making the mane style closer to that of Twins original sketch of herself with the long, straight dark hair. Otherwise, I like the idea of using Sweetie Belle as a base for the OC.

Of course Twins can decide for herself what she wants.

Either way, lets call her Twins the Capricous Corsair

@Pheonix

I once rode Blue Screen. It was horrible, would not ride again.

You know you loved it. That’s why you keep coming back for more.

@Twilit

What’s your OC’s color scheme? Or would you rather have come up with a color scheme for you? (Read: Hot pink and purple)

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT

Color scheme… Let’s go with a dark blonde mane, almost brown. I dunno bout the main color. Maybe a black or a dark grey, with the cutie mark in a light gray/white.

So anyways… Oh, what’s this?

Why, a package?

Yay! It’s Zecora!
Looks like the packaging got damaged during shipping (the glue holding the plastic that holds her in place came off), so there’s really no use in keeping it boxed.

And Twilight next to Zecora.

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 07:58PM EDT

Grey and blonde? So were totally talking R63 Derpy here?

Hah, I kid, here’s a rough draft I made in the last 10 minutes. Was this what you were thinking of?

Sep 29, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Oh, I didn’t think of that…

Let me see… Let’s go darker on the grey (almost black), and do the whisk more like a cartoony whisk, in a light grey. Just hand-draw it kinda like I did or something. handle would be same color as the wire part.

Oh and solid of the dark blonde color, with just lines to show the hair texture.

So I kinda just bought the Wonderbolts hoodie…

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 10:39PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

Better?

[edit]

oh whoops, I didnt catch the part about a solid hair color. OLOLOL HOW 2 READ?

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT

solid dark hair with just lines for texture then yuss. apologies for pickiness.

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT

I need to learn to read the WHOLE post

There, that’s a draft done. Now we need to give it a proper MLP style (the draft is based on your sketch) and a pose

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:14PM EDT

>Dear Diary
>Again, I tried
>This time, I did it big
>I found some stuff in his room called Power Metal
>So, I thought music was his fetish
>Oh, the things I stole
>ALL FOR HIM, I WILL HAVE HIM, HE WILL BE MINE AND MINE ALONE
>I set it all up in front of his house
>It took me all night
>Precisely at 7AM, I played my first song
>I got about three notes into it, and his house collapsed from the sound waves
>Then he chased me for an hour with an axe
>Then he made me rebuild his house
>Are rebuilding houses his fetish?
>No, I think I found it this time
>I found something called Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil and Lollipop Chainsaw %{color:#33800}in his things while I was rebuilding
>Such cute human girls in those games
>I’m going to try that next

>Dear Diary,
>This will be my last entry, I hope
>It’s been three weeks, and I’ve finally got it
>I made the P-Virus
>It’s going to turn most of Ponyville into a zombie warzone
>No competition, just him and me, fighting zombies
>THIS MUST BE HIS FETISH! HE WILL BE MINE! I’M TIRED OF SLEEPING %{color:#33800}WITH THE STUFFED HUMAN MADE UP OF HIS HAIR, I WANT HIS LOVE, %{color:#33800}ALLOF IT, NOW
>Should I go with the Zoey or the School Girl costume first?
>I’ll decide after I infect all of Ponyville with my precious P-Virus
>No one will ever take it away from me
>Not even Umbrella – I mean Anon

Last edited Sep 29, 2012 at 11:32PM EDT
Sep 29, 2012 at 11:15PM EDT

your drawings of me definitely made me smile, BoxFigs. I rarely have bothered to picture myself as a pony because I simply can’t draw, but the pony pic you did of me got me thinking about that for the first time in a while. I have new stories brewing in my head

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:37PM EDT

@OCs
I wish I had an OC, but I suck at drawing. Also I don’t you guys to know what I look like IRL. I prefer to keep my identity a secret.

Unrelated question
If men who like ponies are called bronies, then what do we call a pony that likes humans?

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:41PM EDT

@distrubedbrony:

Bromans.

@Tim:

I fucking love these Yandereshy loves anon stories.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 12:29AM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 12:26AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

@distrubedbrony:

Bromans.

@Tim:

I fucking love these Yandereshy loves anon stories.

I loved them once I stumbled upon them, to bad I messed up the green text. XD

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 01:13AM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 01:09AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!