171,349 total conversations in 5,618 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Disturbed B wrote:

@OCs
I wish I had an OC, but I suck at drawing. Also I don’t you guys to know what I look like IRL. I prefer to keep my identity a secret.

Unrelated question
If men who like ponies are called bronies, then what do we call a pony that likes humans?

Broman for colts.
Humare for… mares.

EDIT: Holy sh*t. Page get in the first post I have time to make. Uh… Lyra get?

Lol. As always, click image for sauce.
Well. Goodbye all.
…Again.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 04:53AM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 04:46AM EDT

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I’m sure people want to see this now:

\m/

haha nice, I heard that the guy who voices bender from Furutama was gonna be there too.

Also mfw I just found out that Canterlot Gardens is happening only 1 county away from where I live in Ohio

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 05:06AM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 05:05AM EDT

I fucking hate those Humare’s and Bromans. They freak me out with their fetishisizing a television show for little fillies.

Sep 30, 2012 at 05:14AM EDT

HA HA, I CAN PLAY PIANO WITH HOOVES!

And that, dear children, is why we never write music where the bass and the soprano cross!

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:33PM EDT

So I was reading a little Nietzsche today, an essay wherein he basically rips the hell out of the composer Richard Wagner.

The whole paper is a critique of that kind of art which revels in misery and melodrama, that overly serious art, so bloated and decadent. Nietzsche ends his essay stating that those who have understood suffering end up rejecting it. He believes that the kind of art sought by someone who has known suffering is the light and frivelous kind, the kind that is brilliant, beautiful, and plainly artificial.

It made me think of the phenomenon of bronies liking mlp. The reason for MLP’s success is that it’s like a breath of fresh air. It’s simple, uncomplicated, good writing in a culture where everything has to be so dark and gritty and serious. People like to say this, that, and the other about bronies, that we’re immature man-children who need to grow up, that we’re challenging gender stereotypes and blah blah blah. Really, we’re just seeking a little escapism.

I think Nietzsche would have been a brony!

Rainbow Dash is best Ubermensch.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

@Fifths: Nietzsche would be a good brony. Who else would be a good brony? Hmmm… Stallin maybe?

Sep 30, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

@Fifths

Without looking at specifically all the little details like animation, music, etc., I’d say that’s basically it. Of course, I’m personally also attracted to the moral atmosphere that the show attempts to convey.

@Bruno

And just how did a genocidal dictator like Stalin come into this?

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 08:55PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

@Fifths: Nietzsche would be a good brony. Who else would be a good brony? Hmmm… Stallin maybe?

Also found this.

Last edited Sep 30, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT
Sep 30, 2012 at 08:59PM EDT

Fifths Wrote

The whole paper is a critique of that kind of art which revels in misery and melodrama, that overly serious art, so bloated and decadent. Nietzsche ends his essay stating that those who have understood suffering end up rejecting it. He believes that the kind of art sought by someone who has known suffering is the light and frivelous kind, the kind that is brilliant, beautiful, and plainly artificial.

Which is funny cause Nietzche’s writings are pretty miserable and depressing as well.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:36PM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Fifths Wrote

Which is funny cause Nietzche’s writings are pretty miserable and depressing as well.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Oct 01, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT

@This Page
I have no idea what’s going on on this page, but have some FlutterStalin:

@Dan

Your choice of reaction image was rather unfortunate, comrade.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:41AM EDT

Anybody up in here play Canterlot Defense?

It’s a surprisingly fun tower defense kind of game where you pick a pony and get a canon in their color – all of which fire different projectiles. (Pinkie Pie’s do splash damage when hitting enemies, Rarity’s are really fast and go through enemies, ect).

There are also super powers like Twilight’s bitchin’ meteors

You can also upgrade your canon and canterlot shield between rounds. When upgrading I strongly suggest you focus on things like firing rate and projectile speed first (But I guess it depends on who your playing as).

Once you beat 20 rounds you can make the game keep going until you loose, so I’m gonna beat it agian later and see how far I get.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 07:36AM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 07:30AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

Fifths Wrote

s work, to make him a proper philosopher, is to rob him of his power. Nietzsche portrays the human soul as it is, contradiction and all, without trying to groom it.

Should probably add some pony.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 09:57AM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 09:32AM EDT

Woah, hold on a sec. I understand that we fans sometimes feel the need to make a pony pun for every possible name/location/business/occupation/etc. in existence, but I draw the line at foalfeeler.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 10:05AM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 10:03AM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

This thread is serious.This thread is serious.This thread is serious.This thread is serious.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 02:31PM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

Makes sense. We knew the official announcement was midway through this month, and someone had said at SDCC that the premiere would be about a month after the announcement. So November it is.

Also because I’m too lazy (and too in class) to get on Hubworld, sauce?

Oct 01, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT

Alex Mercer wrote:

This thread is serious.This thread is serious.This thread is serious.This thread is serious.

Oct 01, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

Whitishcollar wrote:

Less than 30 days until Season 3 is announced!

I assumed that the Season would be announced at the end of this month. Well just a couple of days later…so my next guess is: Season 3 will start in about 2 months!

Ha i just have to quote myself, never done that before, but i think it is viable when predictions get right.

So basically both parts were right. Aww yeah.

And not to forget: Ponies are serious business – at least for Hasbro;)

Oct 01, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

@Season 3 release: November is just around the corner!

@Alex Mercer: Since when this thread is serious business? But really, sorry for the Stallin thing.

Oct 01, 2012 at 06:20PM EDT

Maybe we’ll get another pseudo-Christmas episode that gives more backstory…?

Oct 01, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT

Hey pony general, long time no see. I don’t post here unless there is something completely necessary I have to share. I know sharing hate videos is frowned upon… but this one is different, it made me laugh and doesn’t have a lot of views. I think I have found what might be the “troll 2” of brony haters. Enjoy.

Oct 01, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT

@Trash Boat:

How old is that kid?
Also, why hate brownies? They are delicious.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 08:09PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

@Trash Boat:

How old is that kid?
Also, why hate brownies? They are delicious.

I didn’t expect you to be mad, I expected you to enjoy. He must be 10 or something.
He uploads some top notch stuff though, check out this gem.

EDIT:

I was off by 1

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT

@Trash Boat: Dat comment. Ouch.
I expected more from someone with 9. That video could be named for “Kid hating brownies for 2 minutes”

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:31PM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

Hey pony general, long time no see. I don’t post here unless there is something completely necessary I have to share. I know sharing hate videos is frowned upon… but this one is different, it made me laugh and doesn’t have a lot of views. I think I have found what might be the “troll 2” of brony haters. Enjoy.

“Be vewy, vewy quiet. He’s hunting Bwonies.”

Oct 01, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

@Trash Boat

Hahahaha, that kid is precious.

Lets post ponies in the YouTube comments!

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 08:40PM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT

Trash Boat is (spoiler) W.W. wrote:

I laughed so hard while watching this. He’s so sincere its hysterical.

Last edited Oct 01, 2012 at 11:11PM EDT
Oct 01, 2012 at 11:09PM EDT

@season 3 release

Cool. It will be nice to finally start watching new episodes.

@Trash Boat

Oct 01, 2012 at 11:27PM EDT

I’m a little late but is there an exact date of the release of s3?

Oct 02, 2012 at 03:30AM EDT

@heavy: Not exactly, just that it’s going to be in November.

For now, Listen to Bender (John DiMaggio) impersonate the Great and Powerful Trixie:

PERFECTION

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:28AM EDT

Hey, guise.

The following has ponies, woona, resident evil and two best friends.
Enjoy.

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:59AM EDT

For now, Listen to Bender (John DiMaggio) impersonate the Great and Powerful Trixie:

PERFECTION

DiMaggio? In my MLP?

Dear lord please let this happen

Oct 02, 2012 at 09:59AM EDT

PERFECTION

Oh my… I am at a loss. I cannot comprehend the true form of that awesomeness.

On another note, I just read about Season 3 in November! Woot!

Yep, today is a good day.

Oct 02, 2012 at 10:21AM EDT

So Jerry Springer finally got his bronies for his show.

So I would suggest developing and posting your own opinion of the video before reading others (if you want to post,) because I want to know what you guys think first. I’ll explain why later, but I don’t want it to change how you post first.

Also, it looks like Equestria Daily is about to hit a quarter of a billion views (in just around two years.)

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 05:28PM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT

@Verbose
Okay, I guess it had to happen someday…

Honestly, that could’ve been a lot worse. I love how Springer acts so innocent and confused, like he doesn’t know how his show portrays people. I’m honestly not sure what to think of the bronies they got themselves. I’m almost tempted to believe they were fake, because Rainbow Dash is a PEGASUS not a UNICORN. You can’t wear a unicorn horn on a Rainbow Dash cosplay. IT JUST DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY. FREAKIN’ GET IT RIGHT LADY. No true brony would make that mistake.

Of course they get they people with crossed eyes, piercings, and overall ridiculous looking cosplays. (Pinkie Pie in a top hat? What?) But hey, in the end people seemed not to be too disgusted with it. But was that an >implication that bronies are sex-crazed perverts at the end? (Horsy-style? The heck?) I hope they’re not lumping us in with furries now.

Also, be they true bronies, they have betrayed our queen and must pay!

Oct 02, 2012 at 05:37PM EDT

>Actors
>Staged
>Didn’t do any research (on the show, RD as a unicorn…)
>Didn’t expect the shitstorm beforehand
>Therefore rather tame

I expected this

But i got this

And they are showing a brony definition, when he says “i don’t know what a brony is”….

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 05:48PM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 05:42PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

So I would suggest developing and posting your own opinion of the video before reading others (if you want to post,) because I want to know what you guys think first. I’ll explain why later, but I don’t want it to change how you post first.

Also, it looks like Equestria Daily is about to hit a quarter of a billion views (in just around two years.)

Wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be but still awful.

Oct 02, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

• For starters, I have to question if it was staged or not. A true brony wouldn’t make the mistake of doing a RD cosplay with a horn, that’s something an ill informed dresser for the show makes.
  • The previous point can also be backed up by the fact that they presented us with numerous articles and posts (and even a Tara Strong tweet) to not appear on Jerry Springer. And there Jerry Springer is with bronies on his show. This leaves question whether or not these people are true bronies or just media attention whores who took the bait and acted as fucked up bronies for the sake of the camera (which can also be backed up by the incorrect cosplay).
  • Why are all the bronies they interview on mainstream media always the weird ones? Why can’t they get some casual ones who just like the show and fandom but aren’t obsessed with it? They really took some of the weirder ones.

My vote goes to fake. Regardless of the way they present bronies is positive or not, it doesn’t matter anymore as a fake message doesn’t hold much meaning to me. And even if it’s real, those two guests hardly represent the fandom by the way they act and dress. So even if the message is real, it still manages to be incorrect.

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 06:49PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I think I’m gonna stay in this forum for a bit, cause verbose has presented a interesting video that hits the grey area between media slander and acceptance. And I haven’t been on pony boards in a while, so I got a lot to say.

Bad? A little. These are defiantly some less common bronys, I was actually somewhat happy because at least he didn’t “Howard Stern” it. With previous videos held up to this one, this isn’t that bad.

Sure, I want to media to change. But they wouldn’t make a profit if they ever had a “Casual” brony on.

Overall, everyone else kinda nailed the point, especially random. I personally have stopped being angry at these videos. Someone who judges me based on the show I watch realizes very quickly I’m not the brony that media shows.

The reality of what many people think is much more kind hearted than what medias been going off with. So I don’t see why some bronies are still moaning. The only difference from that kid I posted earlier and howard stern is that stern has a fan base.

This next points a stretch but I can actually see something positive coming from a bad public image of bronys. When someone finds out how cool it is, it only makes them more passionate about joining the fandom. And that means more fan art, storys and videos. Think about it, fandoms that go through more adversity are more deveopled.

In the end, I don’t think people will change there minds about bronys from videos like this. Some people think we’re weird, there is people like that for every subculture, and some people might find out about true/casual bronys from there first impressions, via videos like this.

Although this whole post is a lot of jumbly logic, I believe this is the path bronys must take for the sake of the fandom.

(Edit: Ir)relevant funny image to make the people who hate reading happy:

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 07:21PM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 07:19PM EDT

@Verbose

I was expecting the video to be much worse, but after watching it I can say that it’s… stupid. I don’t know what else to say. I don’t even watch Jerry Springer.

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:30PM EDT

@Springer bronies

You want to know something hilarious? Springer has probably done the fairest representation of us of all the major media outlets.

I mean ya, they obviously got some of the more extreme bronies (guy wearing a tutu, oh come on), assuming they didn’t straight up hire some actors, but they more or less summed up why we got into the show and what we do. Sure, most of us don’t get together and have weird cosplay parties where we pretend to be character x, but hey, there are plenty of times on the forums where someone will channel a pony briefly (post a picture of a pony and then speak from their perspective)

And you know the thing I liked was that the overall tone of the segment wasn’t condemning. The Springer show just seemed genuinely curious about this oddity and chose to explore it. You didn’t hear that condescending scorn that was so abundently clear in the Fox news segment or the Howard Stern radio thing, that attitude of “Haha, you grown men like my little ponies, you pathetic, weak, piles of scum.” that attitude that we’re not even worthy of the dignity of human beings. Springer said “Ya, these guys are weird, but whatever, we’ve had weirder. Weird away bronies.” They were laughing with us, not at us.

Like I said, obviously a little…spoofed up because ratings, but pretty fair. Jimmies remain firmly unrustled.

Last edited Oct 02, 2012 at 07:50PM EDT
Oct 02, 2012 at 07:34PM EDT

Fifths wrote:

@Springer bronies

You want to know something hilarious? Springer has probably done the fairest representation of us of all the major media outlets.

I mean ya, they obviously got some of the more extreme bronies (guy wearing a tutu, oh come on), assuming they didn’t straight up hire some actors, but they more or less summed up why we got into the show and what we do. Sure, most of us don’t get together and have weird cosplay parties where we pretend to be character x, but hey, there are plenty of times on the forums where someone will channel a pony briefly (post a picture of a pony and then speak from their perspective)

And you know the thing I liked was that the overall tone of the segment wasn’t condemning. The Springer show just seemed genuinely curious about this oddity and chose to explore it. You didn’t hear that condescending scorn that was so abundently clear in the Fox news segment or the Howard Stern radio thing, that attitude of “Haha, you grown men like my little ponies, you pathetic, weak, piles of scum.” that attitude that we’re not even worthy of the dignity of human beings. Springer said “Ya, these guys are weird, but whatever, we’ve had weirder. Weird away bronies.” They were laughing with us, not at us.

Like I said, obviously a little…spoofed up because ratings, but pretty fair. Jimmies remain firmly unrustled.

We’ll it was this report on bronies on Swedish morning news wich I thought was fair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH35QjHr2ic&feature=player_detailpage

Oct 02, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!