Forums / Discussion / General

169,839 total conversations in 5,441 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10167 posts from 235 users

@Favourite pony justification

Personally, I favour Fluttershy. And no, it’s not just because she’s adorable, though that does help.

See, she’s like me to a downright scary level. Doesn’t like dealing with other people? Aye, that be me. Likes animals, even the ones most people don’t? Yup, though I don’t get to interact with them much. Tries to be as kind and considerate as possible? Uh-huh, but I’m quite a bit more blunt. Will turn nasty when pressed? You betcha. Projects an image of someone plain, simple and uninteresting, but every once in a while hints at unexplored depths? Indubitably. She’s something of a soulmate to me.

I don’t really get why people keep insinuating she’s got no personality. What, you’re expecting the least sociable pony of the bunch to openly strut all her stuff? She’s not the most vocal, but as they say, still waters run deep. For a reclusive animal caretaker, she’s sure got an awfully diverse skillset, what with extensive knowledge of sewing, massage techniques and even music, no? And she’s certainly not quite as straightforward as it seems. Oh sure, she’s little miss goody-four-hooves most of the time, but try pushing her friends around and you won’t be walking away from her in one piece. And gods help you should you refuse her kindness.

And even with all that, what’s wrong with a sweet, graceful and loving personality? We’ve got plenty of assholes, dickheads and cunts in the world so I’d say it’s refreshing to see a truly empathic, altruistic character. She loves all things unquestioningly, even as they frighten her and do her harm. That takes great strength of character and a heart to match.

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 09:50PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 09:48PM EDT

@Brownmane

This. So much this. I can’t think of a single thing to add right now. Bravo to you sir!

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@Fifths
Speaking of jet-packs, one of the earliest Scootaloo images I came across that really caught my attention was this: LINK TO SAVE SPACE
Still love it!

@Twilitlord
So, wait… they had Derpy and you chose to not get her?
Get your ass back to that store right now, mister!
If you hadn’t heard, that Derpy figure was advertised on EQD the other day and within an hour or two, Hot Topic’s site was sold out.
Even if you don’t want her for yourself, you should pick one up to sell or give away to someone who wasn’t able to get one themselves.
Otherwise, their only option is to buy them off of eBay where they are selling for 3,4, or 5 times their standard price.

Also, look what I got today, too!

@Best pony stuff
Ah, more defenses for our choices of pony.
Fun!
Dash is my fave of the main six and it seems that Zero shares a number of my reasons for that.
I love her… conviction, I guess.
Her ability to stand up and take decisive action in defense of what she believes.
She’s not always right or successful, but the passion is what draws me to her.
That defintely factors into why I like Scootaloo so much, too.
We are both admirers of Dash!

I would say that I like Scootaloo for many of the same reasons that I like Dash, but with the added factor of being both cuter and less adept.
I love how she throws her whole heart into every activity and despite her continuous failure, never seems to lose her ambition.
It is extremely endearing.

@Classifying Personalities
Pretty much all of the older posters here have probably done this already, but for you newer guys, try taking the Bronyland Personality Quiz.
It will ask you questions and line you up with the main 6 to see where your own personality falls.
Here’s mine:

As you can see, despite my liking RD, I actually have very little in common with her.
I’m a Twilight with heavy doses of Fluttershy! (My second and third favorites, btw.)

So invoking personality tests now? Okay, let, me see mine:

What?

The Rainbow Dash part I get, But Rarity?

Okay, granted I’m covered in fashion accessories that make me look like I just stepped out of an anime… But, really?

What I mean is: how does that even work?

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

Okay, I wanted to have images for this. But my iPad is on the fritz… So I’ll point out a observation I had with words instead and let you guys supply the images.

-Twilight , Pinkie Pie, and Spike sneak into Canterlot.
-Dash Sneaks into a hospital.
-Pinkie Pie in crystal kingdom… With Night vision.
-Rarity and Applejack change places in middle of a race.
-Fluttershy disguises herself as a tree.

Conclusion? Ponyvile is full of ninjas!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:56PM EDT

Twilitlord the wamprat wrote:

THEY HAD IT!

It was actually in that day’s shipment, so they weren’t even on the shelf yet. The guy brought out a Derpy and a Dash (I knew Derpy was an option), but for a Dash fan, it wasn’t really a choice.

Here’s a size comparison between a blindbag, a brushable, a Zecora and a Vinyl, note that the vinyl figure is about a centimeter from the bottom of the box:

I feel like I should leave her boxed for value (besides, the packaging isn’t damaged like my Zecora’s was), but I like to be able to touch them, and I don’t even know if I would have any intention of selling her. Opinions?

Also, a discussion topic – what makes you like your best pony/other ponies? I’m not sure what really attracts me to Rainbow Dash, but I’ve thought of a reason why Twilight must be such a close second for me. In my leadership class, we recently did the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test, or at least a shortened version that gives a rough result, and I came out as an INTP (here’s an explanation. Yes, I know, it’s Wikipedia, but it’s the most concise one I’ve found), which I totally agree with. Now here’s the thing: my totally, absolutely expert psychological analysis of Twilight leads me to conclude that Twilight is an INTJ, which is extremely close to my personality type; the main difference is that Js are a lot more structured than Ps, like with Twilight’s love of lists. I guess, psychologically, I just kind of click with her.

What about you guys? Why do you really like certain ponies? And don’t worry, you don’t need to go that deep.

MBTI eh? I remember using that in one of my classes a few years ago. My personality is ISTJ. Let me see if I can get the personality types of the Mane 6

TS = INTJ

PP = ENFP

AJ = ENFJ

R = ESFJ?

RD = ESTP?

FS = INFJ?

Based on this, my personality is closest to Twilight. This makes sense to me. Like her, I am less than socialable, I think using reason and logic, and I tend to plan out events ahead of time. In conclusion, Twilight Sparkle is my favorite pony of the Mane 6. Though I do like them all, I can relate to her more.

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT

@Favorite pony discussion

I’ve actually done a fair bit of thought on this one. It might suprise you guys, but I hadn’t always known the simple and obvious truth that Rainbow Dash was objectively the best pony. One day I was on a walk however, and out of nowhere I came to the conclusion “Oh my God, Rainbow Dash is best pony!”

I really don’t think I can point to any one big reason why I like Dash the best, it’s more an amalgamation of little things. Everything she does just anti-rustles my jimmies. Her virtues are that she is outspoken, competent, playful, and passionate about doing what is right. Her vices are that she can be crude, arrogant, and carried by her passion past the point of rationality into unthinking extremism. I…get all of that, both where she practices her highs and struggles with her lows, it just makes sense to me. The result is a character that I find to be dynamic and endearing.

Even when she does something that would normally piss me off, like cheating in the Iron Pony competition or fucking around with Twilight when she is trying to stand still for a week, she does it in such a way that I just find charming as hell. I’m not annoyed when she brags about her achievements because she does it with such a sublime purity and innocence. When most people brag about how great they are, you always get this sense that they’re implying that you are less perfect and subordinate to them, and this makes you want to kick them down a few pegs. Dash doesn’t come across as an elitist asshole trying to make others feel bad, she’s just truly impressed by her own awesome, and you know what, I’m impressed by it too.

You know, let me explain it like this. Here’s the result I originally got on the bronyland personality test.

tl;dr: I like Dash because I’m a complete fucking narcissist.

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 01:32AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 01:17AM EDT

Disturbed B wrote:

MBTI eh? I remember using that in one of my classes a few years ago. My personality is ISTJ. Let me see if I can get the personality types of the Mane 6

TS = INTJ

PP = ENFP

AJ = ENFJ

R = ESFJ?

RD = ESTP?

FS = INFJ?

Based on this, my personality is closest to Twilight. This makes sense to me. Like her, I am less than socialable, I think using reason and logic, and I tend to plan out events ahead of time. In conclusion, Twilight Sparkle is my favorite pony of the Mane 6. Though I do like them all, I can relate to her more.

INFP for me, and the chart usually Places Luna in that position…

Which I feel makes some degree of sense. Considering… Things.

Anyways, She and Rainbow Dash are my two top Favorites.

…and now you know what kind of shipping I’m waiting for (Celestia forbid I try it myself)

As for the others I forget, but they don’t always seem right. Dash works off of instinct, so she Should be an N, and she doesn’t think about logic much, letting her emotions guide her, so more likely to be F.

/shrug

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 01:37AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT

I was messing around with my OC again. (He’s supposed to be looking through cabinets, I didn’t know what to do to draw them from the back.) I’m just going to say… pony front legs when said pony is on two legs are hard. I know, they look like shit. I could probably clean them up, too, but I’m lazy and tired, so…

I’ve been messing around with faces, mostly. I want to get those down. Legs are definitely my next priority, though.

Oct 16, 2012 at 01:39AM EDT

Ooh, I remember that personality test thingy. I did it about 10 months back.

I even managed to find the old one on my uploaded images, so I even got something to compare the new one to.

It seems the closest ones are still Fluttershy and Twilight, and I’ve still got that weird alignment of both Pinkie and Fluttershy to some extent (but where the heck did that Rarity come from!?).

Old Test

New Test

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 04:47AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 04:45AM EDT

Muumi wrote:

Ooh, I remember that personality test thingy. I did it about 10 months back.

I even managed to find the old one on my uploaded images, so I even got something to compare the new one to.

It seems the closest ones are still Fluttershy and Twilight, and I’ve still got that weird alignment of both Pinkie and Fluttershy to some extent (but where the heck did that Rarity come from!?).

Old Test

New Test

You’re not the only one blindsided by a rarity score that comes out of nowhere…

So you Don’t have to scroll up again:

I’m not sure how it happened, but Rarity sneaked into my results somehow.

My only theory is that Rarity is a ninja… I mean, the rest of the ponies are (save Applejack), it doesn’t seem that far out of field.

Edit: And by sneak, I mean “came right out of nowhere and hit me on the head with a mallet”. As I didn’t expect there to be any rarity at all.

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 05:50AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 05:39AM EDT

Lunar Protege wrote:

Okay, I wanted to have images for this. But my iPad is on the fritz… So I’ll point out a observation I had with words instead and let you guys supply the images.

-Twilight , Pinkie Pie, and Spike sneak into Canterlot.
-Dash Sneaks into a hospital.
-Pinkie Pie in crystal kingdom… With Night vision.
-Rarity and Applejack change places in middle of a race.
-Fluttershy disguises herself as a tree.

Conclusion? Ponyvile is full of ninjas!

And now for image Proof! May not all be screen-shots, but Anyone who watches enough pony knows where they are from (And the context)

That last one should be rarity Pretending to be Applejack if you guys forgot

I’m missing a pic of Applejack attempting to sneak out of appolussa, so this next Pic will have to do.

Also Counts for all five but dash as well. Watch!

Also, Three fer in MMMystery :

Any “Ponyville is full of ninjas” moments I haven’t mentioned?

Quick Edit: Before anyone says that ninjas don’t get caught , they might still be “in training”. I.E. “The Ninja High-school’s Hallways are jammed full, the visible ones are the Freshmen.”

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 07:29AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 07:25AM EDT

I have a… uh… complicated personality I guess.

While we’re discussing MBTI as well, don’t forget about this. I score INTJ or INTP most of the time, so Celestia or Twilight fit me most.

What about you guys? Why do you really like certain ponies?

Well, my favorite fluctuates a lot. At first, RD was my favorite. It was for the same reasons I like Trixie; she’s a bit of an arrogant show-off, but in a cool, flashy sorta way that I like. After that, Twilight became my favorite. Her erudition made her admirable, and her more reserved, detail-oriented demeanor made her more relatable.

But I’ve really grown to like Fluttershy a lot lately. A lot. Wasn’t alway that way, though. She used to be one of my least favorites. Unlike most other ponies, her negative qualities always stood out to me more prominently than her positive ones. Mostly because I used to be a lot like that when I was younger. Basically, I didn’t like her as much because all the negative traits I spent years circumventing, I could see in her. I didn’t consciously register this until after I started liking her. Brownmane did an excellent job of covering my biggest reason earlier:

She loves all things unquestioningly, even as they frighten her and do her harm. That takes great strength of character and a heart to match.

There’s no lesson in morality I believe to be more overlooked than this one. People are flawed. It’s not easy to overlook that all the time, and love people for who they are anyway. That’s my biggest draw to Fluttershy. SHE’S SO DAMN NICE. I love the scene where Discord tries to corrupt her, but she’s too innocent and faithful to her friends to let him. It’s probably the best example of why I think she’s awesome.

Oct 16, 2012 at 07:30AM EDT

Oh my god….

I just realized how many Dashfags we have…

Another thing I forgot to mention when I was analyzing why I liked Celestia was appearance. I find her beautiful, not in the sense that a woman is, but in the sense the Aurora Borealis or the Grand Canyon is. Hard to explain.

@Personalities:

I think on that test I scored a fucking weird-ass amalgamation of all of them, with a lot less Twilight than I had expected. To be honest, I don’t really think that’s very accurate, as one of the jokes (if I recall) is ‘What is your favorite type of fruit?’ I’m not too sure if liking plums more than bananas makes me more like Pinkie or Rarity. I think that was mostly to sneak an apple joke in, for Redneckapples.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:10AM EDT

@Jackal Lantern
Your test doesn’t look bad to me. I always thaught, that the mane 6 represent character or personality traits that we all exhibit. This is one of the reasons, why FiM is such a good series and why i don’t have a problem to relate to any of them. Okay there is one exception: Pinkie Pie is usually just too random, so i can’t really put myself into her position. For me she is a kind of gag deliverer with the least rounded and most “cartoonish” character.

All in all i don’t really have a favourite pony. I can’t really decide, but i know for sure that it’s not Pinkie Pie.

• Next Clue

I told you, that i would try to make it not too easy. You really have to look at details, you know^^

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:16AM EDT

These personality tests have been around for a while, but I’ve never actually taken one. Let’s see…

So, it seems that I’m most like Fluttershy, and I’m really not like Rainbow Dash at all. Well, I’m not really surprised. lol @ picking Scootaloo as favourite pet!

I’m pretty sure my MBTI score is INTP, so in that matter I’m like Twilight. Cool.

@ everyone who got those “Hot Topic” ponies…
Those are actually really nice, I’m kinda jealous! I looked into it last week, and shipping to Canada was just ridiculous. I mean really… $32.50 for shipping alone is a little much! Oh well… I’ll get my hands on one somehow!

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 10:20AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 10:19AM EDT

I just took the personality test and this is what I got

I scored highest with Twilight, which isn’t surprising. I am surprised that Fluttershy scored so low.

Also, I found this image

I think this might be an old one (look at the picture used for Luna)

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT

@Disturbed: See, I can’t agree with that with Twilight. Ps are more take it as it goes kinds of people, while Js are more structured, and like making lists, etc. Twilight is was to much of a list and schedule maker for me to call her a perceiver.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT

Whitishcollar wrote:

@Jackal Lantern
Your test doesn’t look bad to me. I always thaught, that the mane 6 represent character or personality traits that we all exhibit. This is one of the reasons, why FiM is such a good series and why i don’t have a problem to relate to any of them. Okay there is one exception: Pinkie Pie is usually just too random, so i can’t really put myself into her position. For me she is a kind of gag deliverer with the least rounded and most “cartoonish” character.

All in all i don’t really have a favourite pony. I can’t really decide, but i know for sure that it’s not Pinkie Pie.

• Next Clue

I told you, that i would try to make it not too easy. You really have to look at details, you know^^

WildFire? (Sibsy’s Pony?)
Scootaloo?

Hang on, I feel like I jumped on something without context…

[Tries to hide in shadows while still hanging around]

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 11:38AM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 11:37AM EDT

I’ve seen quite a few posts from you, Zero, but all within a short period of time. So welcome to the madness. (I try to avoid it.)

First off, easy on the embedded images. There’s no hard rule on how many you can embed in a single post, but we’ve tried to keep it under 3. Too many embeds are just hard to comprehend, and it can slow some browsers down.

Secondly, I’m pretty sure that users have already spoiled everything that can be spoiled, but just in case some were able to avoid them, don’t post spoiling images (one of those you posted is a spoiling image.)

As for why Twilight (or Pinkie) is my favorite, I won’t go into any long drawn out explanation.

Twilight reminds me of my female friends in high school and college. She’s smart, a little awkward, cute, and she doesn’t get on my nerves (a big problem I have with people here at this institution.)

Pinkie just makes me smile.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:22PM EDT

@Solaire just now realizing this is a Dash and Flutterfag thread

@Fluttershy love

In response to everyone explaining why they like Flutters so much, allow me to explain why she is my least favorite of the mane six and the only pony who manages to really irritate me. The thing I don’t like about her is that her entire personality seems to be based around weakness. She loves things that are weak and is loved because she is weak, her virtues ARE her vices. She is constantly learning to not be such a pushover, again and again, and then she goes right back to being a pushover! It’s because she knows that that is the only reason people like her, out of pity and sympathy.

I know people like this, the ones who revel in misery and use their patheticness to demand attention and sympathy. You can’t even call that person out for their bullshit because guess what, then YOU’RE the asshole. Fluttershy’s one saving grace that allows me to still like her is that she’s antisocial and doesn’t constantly push her weakness in everyone’s face. Even so, I really don’t like that…reveling in weakness and misery.

People say Fluttershy is kind, but I think Pinkie really deserves the reward in that department. Pinkie’s universal love of everyone and the fact that she takes joy in the joy of others is a fundamentally correct attitude. Like Fluttershy, she is not unsympathetic towards the suffering of others, but unlike Fluttershy who revels in that suffering, Pinkie views it as an obstacle to be transversed so the party can keep going. Pinkie Pie is the Ode to Joy, she’s an alto screaming “FREUDE!” at the top of her lungs. Fluttershy is the Tristan and Isolde overture, bloated with unhealthy feelings and taking sick pleasure in them.

You know what, Pinkie Pie is awesome.

@Dan below

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 01:03PM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:38PM EDT

Fifths, you’re tempting me to unleash some Rainbow hate here. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? WELL IS IT?

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 12:46PM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT

I agree with Fiths on Fluttershy with “virtues ARE her vices”, however never really got the feeling of “because she knows that that is the only reason people like her, out of pity and sympathy.” For me its more of, since the show has a semi-negative continuity feed, they don’t really show actual progress building between episodes, only really within an episode. This is the case with the other characters as well. Even without this, I never really got the feeling she likes being seen as weak so that others will like her, (especially since she usually gets the most appreciation from her friends when she actually is successful in being confident) but more of having difficulty in breaking old habits, but that may just be who I am.

Oct 16, 2012 at 01:11PM EDT

This whole conversation about Fluttershy got me thinking… I’m pretty sure some that my favourite Fluttershy moments are when she’s out of character! I mean really, it’s just hilarious when she’s mean to others because it’s so “against the grain” for her!

However, there are several times when she shows a legitimate urge to be “louder” (for lack of a better word). She shows that she doesn’t always want to be the stereotypical “quiet one,” and I applaud that. Characters with depth are one of the things that make shows like MLP worth watching!

Is Fluttershy my favourite pony? No. But, I do think she is a valuable addition to the show and it just wouldn’t be the same without her.

Truth be told… I just can’t pick a favourite pony…

Oct 16, 2012 at 02:57PM EDT

Personally, I think the only times her assertiveness have been out of character are in Putting Your Hoof Down and the Discord episodes. Otherwise, it’s totally in her character to be assertive, as she tends to be when her friends are in danger. That’s part of the reason I like her. She can be forceful when her friends desperately need it, as when a friend is in need, she is a friend indeed.

I think you could make an argument that a lot of bronies like her because she’s weak, but I that’d be a bit harsh. Also, I wouldn’t really consider her weak. She’s timid, and that’s hardly weakness, as it could be attributed to her caution. “And the cautious seldom err” as it goes.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT

@Verbose
Wow i was expecting some long-winded best ponu explanation, but all i got was this lousy t-shirt three lines. Nomen est omen doesn’t fit always;)
But it’s okay, i guess you have given that explanation before as it is a recurring topic, the same as why people don’t like fluttershy.

More fun

Oct 16, 2012 at 04:56PM EDT

>Le walking back from engineering test
>Sees a cute, petite Asian girl walking
>“Meh, I’m at one of the best colleges in my state and a well-known party school. We get a lot of cute girls.”
>Sees she looks a bit nerdy
>“Meh. Top state college”
>Sees she’s wearing a a print T-shirt
>“college”
>Sees that it says “BRONY” on it
>“Oh f-”
>Remembers she’s a nerdy, cute, petite Asian girl
>Remembers my school’s brony group is lead by a gurl.
>“……………..”

>MFW

I, for one, welcome my pegasis overlords.

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

Whitishcollar wrote:

I always thought, that the mane 6 represent character or personality traits that we all exhibit. This is one of the reasons, why FiM is such a good series and why i don’t have a problem to relate to any of them.

Yeah, they all kinda represent an easily relatable archetype personality, but with enough added depth to keep ’em interesting.

Fifths wrote:

People say Fluttershy is kind, but I think Pinkie really deserves the reward in that department. Pinkie’s universal love of everyone and the fact that she takes joy in the joy of others is a fundamentally correct attitude. Like Fluttershy, she is not unsympathetic towards the suffering of others, but unlike Fluttershy who revels in that suffering, Pinkie views it as an obstacle to be transversed so the party can keep going.

Fluttershy and Pinkie are both kind. Pinkie probably just comes off as being more kind to you because she’s an extrovert, and can take a more direct approach at making others happy. Fluttershy can’t really do the same because of her anxiety. However, her kindness shows elsewhere. For example, Pinkie joins in with the others in fighting off the Manticore in the second episode of the series, but Fluttershy stops them. The same emotionality that makes her weak in some situations, makes her more caring than even Pinkie in other situations.

That being said, you were definitely right about her Vices being her virtues, but when you give it some thought, the same could be said about pretty much any character. The arrogant attitude that makes Dash so polarizing to people who don’t understand her awesomeness is partially due to having an outspoken nature, which you listed as one of her positives. You even said yourself, her passion was both a virtue and a vice. The important thing to remember is the duality of human nature. Nobody is perfect, we all know that, but why? Because perfection does not exist, because our strengths and weaknesses are on in the same. Think of all the “Twilight Sparkles” you’ve met in your life. Maybe you like them because they’re smart, maybe you don’t because they’re a know-it-all. Maybe their sense of order is a good thing, maybe their borderline OCD gets on your nerves.

Oct 16, 2012 at 06:36PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

>Le walking back from engineering test
>Sees a cute, petite Asian girl walking
>“Meh, I’m at one of the best colleges in my state and a well-known party school. We get a lot of cute girls.”
>Sees she looks a bit nerdy
>“Meh. Top state college”
>Sees she’s wearing a a print T-shirt
>“college”
>Sees that it says “BRONY” on it
>“Oh f-”
>Remembers she’s a nerdy, cute, petite Asian girl
>Remembers my school’s brony group is lead by a gurl.
>“……………..”

>MFW

I, for one, welcome my pegasis overlords.

Need I say it?

Oct 16, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

My personal favorite pony is something I have had a lot of difficulty deciding on. These are the kind of questions that keep me up at night. But I think I have finally decided on Twilight. I really admire her need for knowledge and dedication to finding the truth. I wish I could meet more people like that in real life.

So I took the test twice, because there were some answers I couldn’t really make up my mind on.

I didn’t know questions like my favorite pet or fruit could change it so much. I guess they both kinda make sense though. I’m fiercely loyal to my friends, so a strong leaning towards RD is understandable, and twi is already my favorite poni.
And I swear I do like Pinkie. I am just nothing like her. at all.

Oct 16, 2012 at 09:13PM EDT

@Solaire.
I’d love to.
But I’d rather not go to buttrapetown jail for rape and/or sexual harassment.

Oct 16, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT

badsitrep wrote:

@Solaire.
I’d love to.
But I’d rather not go to buttrapetown jail for rape and/or sexual harassment.

Anyways, I never do fun things like pony personality tests, but because this community gives me a sense of belonging in the hostile world, I shall take the leap.

It actually makes a lot of sense. Rainbow Dash and I are actually fairly similar; I can be pretty arrogant at times, and make a habit of seriously inviting people to straight-up fight me, though no one ever takes me up. Though I don’t identify with her very strongly, there’s the connection. Neither of us would admit it. And being similar to Rainbow Dash means being similar to Applejack, compounded by Applejack and I having similar accents, though in lieu of an “aye yo” option on the greetings question I had to go with “howdy.” Twilight Sparkle is not really a surprise, as I don’t often go out of my way to hang around with people, preferring to remain at home with only the cold glow of my computer screen to give me comfort. I like to think I’m more intellectual than average, though entirely not in the same way as Twilight. I don’t particularly care for school or studying or educational books, and have convinced myself I can teach myself better by staying home and animating and writing all day, so I guess that might be some more Rainbow Dash f’ya. Rarity is not unreasonable either. When I’m not making a shallow show to validate myself being Rainbow Dash, I’m a pretty nice guy, and I do my best to look out for people before myself. I haven’t the slightest where that speck of Pinkie Pie came from, apart from the fact I’ve always been highly, highly optimistic and never stay sad or bummed long. Zero Flootershy, which is good. There is no place for her in my psyche.

But secretly, I’m pretty much the exact same person in life as I am over the Internet, down to my syntax and mannerisms, though I’m by no means a flamboyant brony. The main reason I’ve never shared a picture of myself, in the camwhore thread or even here, is because I’m ashamed, ashamed that I probably look exactly like what you’d imagine I look like.

Last edited Oct 16, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Oct 16, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Anyways, I never do fun things like pony personality tests, but because this community gives me a sense of belonging in the hostile world, I shall take the leap.

It actually makes a lot of sense. Rainbow Dash and I are actually fairly similar; I can be pretty arrogant at times, and make a habit of seriously inviting people to straight-up fight me, though no one ever takes me up. Though I don’t identify with her very strongly, there’s the connection. Neither of us would admit it. And being similar to Rainbow Dash means being similar to Applejack, compounded by Applejack and I having similar accents, though in lieu of an “aye yo” option on the greetings question I had to go with “howdy.” Twilight Sparkle is not really a surprise, as I don’t often go out of my way to hang around with people, preferring to remain at home with only the cold glow of my computer screen to give me comfort. I like to think I’m more intellectual than average, though entirely not in the same way as Twilight. I don’t particularly care for school or studying or educational books, and have convinced myself I can teach myself better by staying home and animating and writing all day, so I guess that might be some more Rainbow Dash f’ya. Rarity is not unreasonable either. When I’m not making a shallow show to validate myself being Rainbow Dash, I’m a pretty nice guy, and I do my best to look out for people before myself. I haven’t the slightest where that speck of Pinkie Pie came from, apart from the fact I’ve always been highly, highly optimistic and never stay sad or bummed long. Zero Flootershy, which is good. There is no place for her in my psyche.

But secretly, I’m pretty much the exact same person in life as I am over the Internet, down to my syntax and mannerisms, though I’m by no means a flamboyant brony. The main reason I’ve never shared a picture of myself, in the camwhore thread or even here, is because I’m ashamed, ashamed that I probably look exactly like what you’d imagine I look like.

Ehh, if that’s true, you wouldn’t look that bad… But then again, my mind works in anime vision, so even the most mundane version I can think of is pretty cool.

Me? I AM an anime Character in Real life… Minus the super powered mechs and other super stuff.

Recipe for me:
Take the goggle head and their rival from every season of Digimon.
Add a dash of Final Fanstasy Verses XIII (and Others installments as neccacary)
Take extracts of small doeses of super hero and filter through the Japanese lense.
Blend with vocaloid, The world ends with You, and Kingdom Hearts.
Add copious Ninja.
Whisk together with Gurren Lagann
Spin dry in Rainbow Dash’s Tornados
Shape into human form with Twilight Sparkle’s Magic
Invigorate under the light of Luna’s Moon for 24 hours.
Awaken in the heart of a collision between Goku (Dragon Ball) and Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII [Leon Squall would make a good substitute]).

Result? I don’t know how to describe it, Besides the Blue, Yellow, Red color scheme I’ve got going.

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 01:07AM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT

If you live in Europe where would be the best place to order shirts and other pony stuff?

Oct 17, 2012 at 03:39AM EDT

heavyspy13 wrote:

If you live in Europe where would be the best place to order shirts and other pony stuff?

I really have no idea. I think the best would be shipping some stuff from welovefine. I have seen a UK shop somewhere, but nothing bigger. No challengers for welovefine’s ponysection. Okay i am not an open brony, but those subtle shirts do have a certain appeal and I hope, that i didn’t violate against any forum rules here.

Something that i have noticed a couple of weeks ago: The amount of ads on ponyvideos on youTube has started to rise. I am not really sure, how those ads work, but even some older videos have them now.

Pic of the day
This one didn’t turn out as well. Standing on the foot pegs, being balanced without holding the handlebar and shooting the pic with the phone is really hard. So you have to go with a blurry pic now…

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 09:56AM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 09:48AM EDT

heavyspy13 wrote:

Hotdiggedydemon’s shirts are available for Europe. That’s all I know.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:42PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Need I say it?

>Has a philosophy degree
>Doesn’t get Descartes joke
>Wants money back.

Oct 17, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

I think there is something off about this picture.

Lemme fix it.

There we go.

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 03:14PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 03:13PM EDT

@Fifths

TBH, I’m not sure how Descartes factors in. We don’t even have a submission or deadpool about it, I’ve looked. That’s about all I can find, although the first page of that title on google is Descartes.

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT

Twilitlord the wamprat wrote:

@Fifths

TBH, I’m not sure how Descartes factors in. We don’t even have a submission or deadpool about it, I’ve looked. That’s about all I can find, although the first page of that title on google is Descartes.

Well, the url of the picture Solaire posted is from Gyropedia, a ponychan wiki, so it’s probably just an in-joke on there. If we don’t have a submission, it’s probably a joke that never caught on with bronies outside ponychan, and as an isolated meme, was never submitted.

Oct 17, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT

@Jackal: Nah, I’m pretty sure it’s elsewhere. The original thing (or what seems to be it, see the subject of the video) doesn’t match up in color scheme.

This conversation should be in meme research.

Oct 17, 2012 at 04:21PM EDT

Well, I’m not on ponychan or anything, I just remember hearing Give Her the Dick and seeing him related a lot, and I felt it was relevant.

But, yeah, instead of porn, searching Giver Her the Dick returns a philosopher. Well done, internet.

Oct 17, 2012 at 05:48PM EDT

So, The Hub is totally just teasing us all now.
They threw this up on their Facebook page today:

What could it be?
Official Season 3 air-date?
Something… else?
We will just have to wait and see!
’Til then, WE DANCE!

(This is an insanely long gif)

Oct 17, 2012 at 08:37PM EDT

@DeadParrot

It applies to both images.

How come everything you post is awesome.

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:23PM EDT

@Deadparrot:

And if that pic doesn’t work, check McCarthy’s twitter.

Oct 17, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT

@Verbs: See my previous theory of Deaparrot’s dark image conjuring powers.

@Deadparrot: Yeah, that sounds like a season 3 announcement to me. Going by the “one month delay” comment at SDCC, I’d say… November 18th? No, it’s a Saturday show – November 20th. GAH, THAT’S STILL TOO LONG! At least let it hit before Thanksgiving if my time’s off…

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 09:51PM EDT

Jackal Lantern wrote:

Well, the url of the picture Solaire posted is from Gyropedia, a ponychan wiki, so it’s probably just an in-joke on there. If we don’t have a submission, it’s probably a joke that never caught on with bronies outside ponychan, and as an isolated meme, was never submitted.

Actually, it most likely originates from a Pornhub commentator under the nick of Ross53545, who had the habbit of making comments like that on numerous vids. Apparently they got pretty popular, and his profile picture of Descartes probably connects the two.

I’m still researching this a bit, but have 2 other entries I want to get up first, so just check the submission feed next week a bit.

Edit: Fuck that, made up a quick draft. Will add more info later, but this will do for now so that users can upload media.

Last edited Oct 17, 2012 at 11:45PM EDT
Oct 17, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!