Forums / Discussion / General

169,623 total conversations in 5,528 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

Frankly, I do think that the number of covers (Is it 16 now?) is frankly ludicirous.

But really, it’s a world wide trend: Like pre-order bonuses you only get at a specific store. Game Informer coming out with three different covers for one of their issues, movies with multiple editions: Fullscreen editions, widescreen edition, ultimate edition, complete edition, unrated edition NOW KNOCK IT OFF THE FUCK OFF!

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 02:37PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 02:35PM EDT

While I think the number of covers is ridiculous, I don’t really care. I’ll just get one. We all know that the composite cover will make its way online anyways, why bother? I don’t plan on collecting the comics. I’ll save my bits and just buy one.

Also YOU TAKE THAT BACK ABOUT RAINBOW DASH

Oct 19, 2012 at 02:42PM EDT

>Implying Blizzard Entertainment like ponies

@Comic: I’m not going to read that. Why? Because, I have no interest at the time. My Pony-meters or whatsoever are focused in Season 3 material.

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

Amy Mebberson finally put up a decent version of her Hastings-exclusive cover of the official MLP:FIM comic on her tumblr. This has definitely got to be the second best cover variant, no question. It could easily have been number one if Fluttershy were a little bigger, and that other pony wasn’t quite so prominent. As it is, I give the number one spot to this version:

Also in the top 3:

Amusingly, all three have were made by Mebberson. Don’t get me wrong, the others are great, but these three are da best.

I don’t suppose any of you pay much attention to EqD comments these days. If you do, you may have noticed a few people making the claim that bronies are being squeezed for every last dollar they have by all these covers being made. Personally, I think they’re getting uptight over nothing. Just pick the one you like and be happy, for pony’s sake.

@Burning

Nineteen covers, to be exact. And with movies, I could easily see the reasoning behind your complaint, but with these covers? Heck, we’ve got ‘em all right here for free anyway, so it doesn’t bother me one bit. Heheh, bit. Get it? You know, cuz money? Yeah? Ahahaah, I’m hilarious. Anyway, the way I see it, it’s just more pony art to enjoy, which is definitely a good thing.

@Twilit

Rainbow who now?

Shouldn’t Pinkie be holding the comics in the third one?

Oct 19, 2012 at 04:49PM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

Amy Mebberson finally put up a decent version of her Hastings-exclusive cover of the official MLP:FIM comic on her tumblr. This has definitely got to be the second best cover variant, no question. It could easily have been number one if Fluttershy were a little bigger, and that other pony wasn’t quite so prominent. As it is, I give the number one spot to this version:

Also in the top 3:

Amusingly, all three have were made by Mebberson. Don’t get me wrong, the others are great, but these three are da best.

I don’t suppose any of you pay much attention to EqD comments these days. If you do, you may have noticed a few people making the claim that bronies are being squeezed for every last dollar they have by all these covers being made. Personally, I think they’re getting uptight over nothing. Just pick the one you like and be happy, for pony’s sake.

@Burning

Nineteen covers, to be exact. And with movies, I could easily see the reasoning behind your complaint, but with these covers? Heck, we’ve got ‘em all right here for free anyway, so it doesn’t bother me one bit. Heheh, bit. Get it? You know, cuz money? Yeah? Ahahaah, I’m hilarious. Anyway, the way I see it, it’s just more pony art to enjoy, which is definitely a good thing.

@Twilit

Rainbow who now?

Derpy: “Draw me like one of your french girls pastries muffins.”

I can’t decide on which to get. I’m probably going to walk on down to Hastings and just throw my money at them.

Oct 19, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

Commodore 64 wrote:

Woah, guys, I just realized that my 18th birthday was 10 days after MLP:FiM first aired… 10 days after 10/10/10. COINCIDENCE? Probably.

On a side note, it’s my birthday tomorrow!

Woot! Party!!!

And that is all. As you were, gentlemen.

Dude, that’s awesome and all, and I’d totally celebrate your early birthday if I weren’t busy celebrating my own!

Hmmm… Seventeen hours into my birthday, and no sign of a My Little Pony themed card. Why not? Isn’t that the sort of thing that springs first and foremost to mind when purchasing birthday cards for males?

So, yeah, am seventeen now.

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 07:57PM EDT

X wrote:

A well respected website thedailydot.com published an article that might be of intreats to you:
The 5 signs the brony fandom is fading

Any thoughts or comments on the matter?
I am particularly intrested in hearing what Verbose, Opspe, Brownmane, Fifths and Twins have to say about this.

For some reason, I wound up listening to some Friendship is witchcraft songs… And my Protean Mind seemed to link one or two of them to this in the form of a Reply.

Spoiler tagged for Space

I don’t know why my mind hooked into those… They just felt right. And the more I listen; the more it feels like an appropriate response.

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 08:14PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Dude, that’s awesome and all, and I’d totally celebrate your early birthday if I weren’t busy celebrating my own!

Hmmm… Seventeen hours into my birthday, and no sign of a My Little Pony themed card. Why not? Isn’t that the sort of thing that springs first and foremost to mind when purchasing birthday cards for males?

So, yeah, am seventeen now.

Alright! To celebrate your 17th I got you this M rated game:

Enjoy!!!

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 08:48PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT

@X-Singular
You know that Muumi call thing only works on Mu-
Oh.

Let’s see:
1) Bullying and drama
always been this way trololololo
We do have some horrible individuals in the fandom, making it too easy for bloggers (aka moar views pl0x) to generalize us all, but they should be considered outliers. That being said, I say we call a general election to winnow out all of these so called bronies from the internets and irl.

2) Big name fans keep their distance
>pull two random people out of the fandom who are apparently pretty big who quit
>O EM GEE BRONEIZ IS DEDING
Also, I like to draw a distinction between the radical bronies, henceforth who shall be called the “doodles”, and the average, loving and tolerating brony who resides in communities such as this one.

3) Media oversaturation
Wait, isn’t exposure in the media a GOOD thing? It’s not like we’re /b/; ideally we would want all people in the world to realize the genius of the show so we can all be happy smiley forever after. And it’s no longer anything special when bronies get name dropped in the media anymore, so I can safely say that we aren’t being oversaturated in any measure.

4) Fewer newbies
The rate of newbies may be decreasing (obviously), but what about the old ones? I don’t see large groups of people leaving the fandom wholesale. Just look at Pokemon. Back in the 90s, it was just about the most popular thing. Evar. It’s nowhere near those levels today, but even with a horrible show, declining generations, the same old games over and over again, etc., people like me still love it, and will continue to love it. Same for MLP, and we have a highly anticipated new season coming up, plus a positively fervent fanbase that inundates DeviantArt, Youtube, and the entire internets in general.

and lol quoting an even randomer guy and using him as a source of 100% accurate brony insider truth

5) Loss of founding values
I can 99% guarantee you that the sole reason this fandom formed is because it was so incredibly lulzy that such a previously terrible franchise managed to put out something that was, in words of our president-for-the-next-four-years-cuz-Romney-is-gun-git-raped-election-day Obama, not bad. Helps that it involves colourful horses, which is something the internet has always gravitated towards (Charlie the Unicorn, Rainbow Unicorn Attack, etc). A few fans (probably hipsters/trolls) extolled the virtues of said uber cutesy and innocent show on 4chan, and the rest is history.

The love and toleration thing came later as a satirical jab at the fandom by members of the fandom itself. It was never part of the original brony doctrine. And we don’t even have one of those.

TL;DR your stoopid Carly Rae go back to making pop music pl0x
(okay that was mean)

>produce a surprise hit show
>don’t exploit every last cent out of the fandom

It’s about time Hasbro caught up. They’ve been far too nice for far too long.

Last edited Oct 19, 2012 at 08:56PM EDT
Oct 19, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT

@Dan

Wow, that artwork is really good. That’s what I love about this fandom; the things it inspires people to create.

@Bruno

I’m still waiting for the day “Twilight Sparkle” appears on Battlenet and 6pools someone (There may already be one, just not on the SEA servers so I haven’t seen it)

Anytime now, somebody is bound to create a battlenet account and name themselves after a pony. If it doesn’t happen I will be sorely disappointed. Then again the fact that you can’t change your name in Starcraft discourages these sort of things

@Recapping on X-singulars article

Twins reminds me that indeed, many of the subjects that the writer complained about have already been going on for some time, and not just in this fandom either. If they could kill a fandom, we should have seen that evident already.

This in turn makes me wonder if the mentality behind the whole article was similar to that of those who like prophesying the end of the world. Do people make a fuss over the end of a fandom for the same reason they make a fuss over the end of the world? That is: to make themselves feel more important and/or because they cannot comprehend any further growth of the subject? I do wonder.

Or maybe it’s something derived from fear; fear of losing something you value which you know is precarious, Many people have cried doom and gloom over the fandom over that reason. Do you think there is connection here?

Oct 19, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT

Commodore 64 wrote:

Woah, guys, I just realized that my 18th birthday was 10 days after MLP:FiM first aired… 10 days after 10/10/10. COINCIDENCE? Probably.

On a side note, it’s my birthday tomorrow!

Woot! Party!!!

And that is all. As you were, gentlemen.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:13PM EDT

Derp Banned wrote:

We’ve never really discussed how ponies would taste, have we?

Why do we shy away from this? THE PONIES LOOK FUCKING DELICIOUS I mean, Pinkie Pie looks like concentrated amounts of cotton candy, RD prolly tastes like skittles, Fluttershy looks like some sort of butterscotch treat, Applejack prolly tastes like an Apple pie and I don’t really know what Twilight would be.

Of course, Rarity is obvious….

Oct 20, 2012 at 03:18AM EDT

@Phoneix

I think you are right, we’ve never discussed that. Say we cooked up the mane 6 and served them as pony burgers. The odd combination of sweet candy flavors mixed with the meaty texture of tender pony steak would be very interesting indeed. I also imagine that ponies have very soft meat with little gristle.

Twilight would have grape flavored meat most likely. Having her served with red wine would be fantastic. For the rest, I’d say your description sounds about right.

Although I imagine that baking the ponies inside pies to take advantage of their fruity meat would produce the best culinary results. Consider how you can get away with either meat sauce or fruit pastries, either one would work in this situation.

I am imagining the flavor of Rainbow & Cheese pie with steak and mushroom…wow all those fruit flavors. No wonder Pinkie turned her into cupcakes.

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:02AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Phoneix

I think you are right, we’ve never discussed that. Say we cooked up the mane 6 and served them as pony burgers. The odd combination of sweet candy flavors mixed with the meaty texture of tender pony steak would be very interesting indeed. I also imagine that ponies have very soft meat with little gristle.

Twilight would have grape flavored meat most likely. Having her served with red wine would be fantastic. For the rest, I’d say your description sounds about right.

Although I imagine that baking the ponies inside pies to take advantage of their fruity meat would produce the best culinary results. Consider how you can get away with either meat sauce or fruit pastries, either one would work in this situation.

I am imagining the flavor of Rainbow & Cheese pie with steak and mushroom…wow all those fruit flavors. No wonder Pinkie turned her into cupcakes.

And now I’m getting squeamish.

I mean, eating a pony would probably by okay if its after death and they donated their body… But Cupcakes has DISEMBOWLING ONE STILL ALIVE!

-That’s just sadistic, even by cannibalistic Standards.

There’s a fine line between Evil, And just plain sickening.

General guide to staying on the healthier side of Evil:
-If you’re going to let them survive the “feast”, don’t do any permanent damage. (Why Vampires Aren’t quite so bad)
-If it will Kill them, don’t Prolong the suffering; make it quick and painless.

… I guess that’s it. Don’t Be a Sadist…

Oct 20, 2012 at 05:36AM EDT

It’s okay Zero. I’m not talking about cold bloody pony murder or eating one alive, that’s just wrong. Not to mention a terrible waste of an opportunity to prepare a divine culinary treat

Instead I’m referring to ponies that were gassed and kidnapped by illegal pony smugglers and then sent to grade A meat processing factories with only the highest sanitation and cold storage standards. And they choose only the most painless and humane culling method, I’m sure.

Their chops were then barbequed with love and friendship until they were brimming with magic and served with mint sauce and mashed potatoes

Before they were rounded up, I assure you their lives were as beautiful and fulfilling as their delicious flavor

Oct 20, 2012 at 06:17AM EDT

@BSoD, on people predicting the end
People who like to predict end-times do it for a lot of different reasons depending on what they are predicting.
The person who wrote this article seems to be one who dislikes bronies so their prediction could be a bit of wishful thinking.
As for those within the fandom, I do think that fear has a lot to do with it.
Humans generally fear the unknown and being in the dark about the future of your favorite show can be disconcerting to some.
If they can convince themselves that it’s all falling apart, it gives them a measure of certainty, albeit negative certainty.
Best part is, if they turn out to be wrong, life continues on.
There’s little downside other than looking foolish, but with modern attention span being what they are, even that is pretty much- SQUIRREL!

@Eating ponies

@Dan and his comic covers
So that first one isn’t best because of tiny Fluttershy?
How about this one?
It’s only a rough version now, but it should look awesome when cleaned up!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 06:36AM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 06:24AM EDT

Lunar Protege wrote:

And now I’m getting squeamish.

I mean, eating a pony would probably by okay if its after death and they donated their body… But Cupcakes has DISEMBOWLING ONE STILL ALIVE!

-That’s just sadistic, even by cannibalistic Standards.

There’s a fine line between Evil, And just plain sickening.

General guide to staying on the healthier side of Evil:
-If you’re going to let them survive the “feast”, don’t do any permanent damage. (Why Vampires Aren’t quite so bad)
-If it will Kill them, don’t Prolong the suffering; make it quick and painless.

… I guess that’s it. Don’t Be a Sadist…

Pssht, doing it the evil Pinkie way just spoils the meat. All the adrenalin and other chemicals the body produces get stuck in the system with no way to get out.

A quick cull is most humane and delicious.

Oct 20, 2012 at 06:28AM EDT

@ZeroBlue4

Healthy side of… evil? lolwut
You’ve been reading too many Stephenie Meyer books my friend. There’s a big difference between evil and edgy.

@DeadParrot

Now that is more like it!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 07:43AM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 07:28AM EDT

Millennial Dan wrote:

@ZeroBlue4

Healthy side of… evil? lolwut
You’ve been reading too many Stephenie Meyer books my friend. There’s a big difference between evil and edgy.

@DeadParrot

Now that is more like it!

I’m not sure how else to explain it other than “Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil”.

Lawful Evil, Yeah, you can hate them, but at least they aren’t so completely insane as to leave you a nervous wreck after reading about them, with you curled over a toilet as a literally empty husk of a man…

And the metaphor is breaking down somewhat.

Anyways, the point is that if you’re going to do an evil act like eat another sentient being, at least try not to be so evil as to torture them.

Not sure why that would need to invoke Stephine Myer.

But if you want to get into Vampire ethics, then Fine: Drinking Blood Non-Consensually is essentially assault. But Consensually, its fine; and essentially in today’s world would just be kinky sex. In fact, even finding someone to drink the blood of is pointless as they can get it from a blood bank (probably).

Yeah, consensual Blood drinking is just “Edgy”, but non-consensual Blood drinking is still assault, and still either unethical or Immoral: A.k.a. Evil, or Criminal.

And Considering an Assault that at most leaves a temporary bruise and feeling lightheaded is a lot less F***ed up than going ahead and Torturing someone in a way that will make anyone walking in throw up…

-So Yeah I think the phrase “Healthier Side of Evil” is appropriate. Though one usually uses the phrase “lesser of two evils”, in my Mind that phrase applies more to the ability of the evil to get what it wants, not it’s severity or how much it makes you want to throw up.

Sorry for Rant… Just had to put that out there.

Oct 20, 2012 at 08:30AM EDT

Wasn’t it Kentucky or some state like that that just recently approved the regulation and market sales of horse meat?

Mmmmmmm…dat flank…steak.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:01PM EDT

DeadParrot222 wrote:

@BSoD, on people predicting the end
People who like to predict end-times do it for a lot of different reasons depending on what they are predicting.
The person who wrote this article seems to be one who dislikes bronies so their prediction could be a bit of wishful thinking.
As for those within the fandom, I do think that fear has a lot to do with it.
Humans generally fear the unknown and being in the dark about the future of your favorite show can be disconcerting to some.
If they can convince themselves that it’s all falling apart, it gives them a measure of certainty, albeit negative certainty.
Best part is, if they turn out to be wrong, life continues on.
There’s little downside other than looking foolish, but with modern attention span being what they are, even that is pretty much- SQUIRREL!

@Eating ponies

@Dan and his comic covers
So that first one isn’t best because of tiny Fluttershy?
How about this one?
It’s only a rough version now, but it should look awesome when cleaned up!

So it turns out that set will have 125 copies TOTAL.

If you want one, Dan, good luck.

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:56PM EDT

“Mommy! Mommy! Can we have unicorn tonight? Huh, can we?”

“Oh, I don’t think so, Honey. You know how expensive unicorn is. I think we’ll just get some normal earth pony for today.”
“Aww…”
“How about this? I promise you can have all the unicorn you want for your birthday next month. Sound good?”
“Yay!”

What a terrible vision of the future we are predicting…
Then again, when you are dealing with other sentient creatures, you must never forget that roles can be reversed quite easily.

Guard your loins, humans.
… and all your other parts, too.

Oct 20, 2012 at 01:08PM EDT

@Deadparrot:

Terrible vision? You obviously weren’t around in the good old days when I would spout Joseph Goebbels levels of Human supremacist propaganda.

A state of eternal war between Humanity and ponies can not exist. One will destroy the other quite easily.

And like the poet Hilaire Belloc quite elegantly put it put it during the days of the colonization of Africa:

Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 01:59PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 01:54PM EDT

X wrote:

A well respected website thedailydot.com published an article that might be of intreats to you:
The 5 signs the brony fandom is fading

Any thoughts or comments on the matter?
I am particularly intrested in hearing what Verbose, Opspe, Brownmane, Fifths and Twins have to say about this.

sees his opinion was requested

Ha ha, apparently I’m one of the KYM intelligencia! I knew it was only a matter of time until you bitches were able to recognize my genius for what it is and put me on the list with the other smart KYM users where I belong with the likes of Verbose, and Opspe, and…

sees Twins is on the same list

Well never-fucking-mind!

Eh ya, a bit late to the party on this one, but I think I can still contribute something.

1: Bullying and Drama

Look, one of the downsides of fandoms is that they’re made up of humans, which means that it’s statistically inevitable that you’re going to get some assholes in the mix. Frankly, I don’t even understand the writer’s point that assholes are somehow a threat to the fandom. What do Scientology, the Westboro baptist church, and anonymous all have in common? They’re predominately made up of assholes and have been made stronger for it. Genghis Khan founded an entire empire on the concept of “Hey, if we’re assholes to the rest of the world, we won’t have time to fight amongst ourselves!” All I’m saying is don’t underestimate the power of hate to bind a people together. They don’t call it “Prick-stick” for nothing.

In any case, I don’t even think our asshole level has reached critical mass yet. By and large, we’re still pretty nice to each other.

2: Big names keeping their distance

I don’t even know who these big names are. Talk to me when Lauren Faust, Tara Strong, and John de Lancie have started filing restraining orders as opposed to making documentaries about us. Moving on.

3: No more news stuff

Okay, let’s assume for the sake of argument that the mainstream media doesn’t care about us anymore. What potential new members are we missing because the news doesn’t talk about us? Is all that is keeping my nutjob conservative grandmother from attending the next bronycon is that O’Reilly hasn’t told her the tale about the colorful equines that could yet? Look, potential bronies are not going to be watching the mainstream news, they’re going to be lurking on the internet, where we still have as strong a stranglehold as ever.

4: Fewer Newbies

Ya, I think she kind of has a point here. I mean, obviously our exponential growth couldn’t have been maintained. If it had, we would probably have about 20 billion bronies by the year 2030. I do think our period of exponential growth might have been cut short by the long wait however. I mean, we were rolling in season 2, and that perpetual motion came to something of an artificial halt with the the drought. It’ll be interesting to see if Season 3 can’t get the ball rolling again, but I don’t think it will, and the fact that it’s a half season will really hurt. By the time we get to season 4, I think any chance of bringing back that fire to the fandom will be long gone.

Still, that’s just how fandoms work. It is a little sad that ours is aging artificially fast though.

5: Loss of Founding Values

I have a lot to say on this one, but my computer’s battery says I better keep it short. Basically, the cool thing about this fandom is that we are, I think, a pretty kindly lot. It’s hard to be a bunch of jerk asses when you are conglomerating around a show like mlp. I don’t see the fandom ever devolving the way the author says it has because I don’t think a bunch of jerk asses would really enjoy the show anymore.

So ya, fandom isn’t dead. Dying perhaps, but aren’t we all?

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 02:30PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 02:17PM EDT

PREPARE YOUR JELLIES.

So Fan Days was pretty epic. I was one of the first ones there without a ticket, and I was able to buy mine and get a pretty good spot in line. Here’s what the line looked like right before General Admission went in.

Pretty crazy. I was lucky I got in in such a timely fashion.

Then it happened. Third floor, room ten, third table from the left. There she was.

The queen herself. I could see her, hear her shouting “NEXT VICTIM!!” when the guy at the front left. I was SO CLOSE.

Finally I was up front. Thirty bucks got me an autograph and a picture.

BEHOLD STARGAZER IN ALL HIS GLORY. And Tara too.

She was so cool. She was signing everything pony that everyone had. This one guy had a Twilight tattoo and she even signed his arm.

Also, for the record, just in case any of y’all were wondering, Tara doesn’t sign Dildos. You can beg, you can plead, you can try to bribe her, but Tara will not sign your Dildos. Don’t even bother bringing them. It’s not happening.

Oct 20, 2012 at 02:27PM EDT

@Stargazer

That’s a nice Aperture Science shirt you have there, I want one!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 03:04PM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Stargazer

That’s a nice Aperture Science shirt you have there, I want one!

Thanks! My girlfriend friend that is a girl bought it for me for my birthday. I thought it would be appropriate to wear.

Oct 20, 2012 at 03:13PM EDT

Hay guize, I wrote another story, it’s called Perdition. Read it, read it now! Or something… Yeah…
*goes back to lurking*

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:15PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Wait what? $30 for a piece of paper and some ink?

I swear to God she better be donating that to charity.

>mfw no tara dildos

It was only twenty for the autograph, ten for a photo with her. She also had special charity items you could buy for ten bucks. I didn’t get any because I was saving my money in case there was something else I could get.

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT

aerolyt wrote:

PREPARE YOUR JELLIES.

So Fan Days was pretty epic. I was one of the first ones there without a ticket, and I was able to buy mine and get a pretty good spot in line. Here’s what the line looked like right before General Admission went in.

Pretty crazy. I was lucky I got in in such a timely fashion.

Then it happened. Third floor, room ten, third table from the left. There she was.

The queen herself. I could see her, hear her shouting “NEXT VICTIM!!” when the guy at the front left. I was SO CLOSE.

Finally I was up front. Thirty bucks got me an autograph and a picture.

BEHOLD STARGAZER IN ALL HIS GLORY. And Tara too.

She was so cool. She was signing everything pony that everyone had. This one guy had a Twilight tattoo and she even signed his arm.

Also, for the record, just in case any of y’all were wondering, Tara doesn’t sign Dildos. You can beg, you can plead, you can try to bribe her, but Tara will not sign your Dildos. Don’t even bother bringing them. It’s not happening.

The amount of jellyz I haz cannot be contained in these tubs.

Oct 20, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT

>be in drivers school
>It lets out early and I decide to lumber around in my local mall for the first time in afew years while waiting for my ride home
>kinda bummed about how most of the places I used to like in it are gone now, which hit me pretty hard in the childhood
>go in like 3 different stores and spot pony stuff – shirts, pillowes, ect.
>a little less bummed
>find out these are being sold at hot topics

Old news yeah, but damn are they nice. I’m not sure if mine has them or not because I didn’t really look around in there much, but I think I might try to get a Derpy tomorrow if they do and if they’re not super expensive.

@stargazer

You cannot grasp the true form of my jelly.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 05:55PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 05:52PM EDT

@Tasting ponies

You people are brutes. When BSoD started the topic, he wondered how the ponies would taste. The first thing you people then think of is slicing their throats, cutting them in pieces, and them baking them up into nice slices with some spices and toppings.

But don’t you people realize that, in the right context, “tasting” the ponies is directed to down there.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 07:44PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

@Tasting ponies

You people are brutes. When BSoD started the topic, he wondered how the ponies would taste. The first thing you people then think of is slicing their throats, cutting them in pieces, and them baking them up into nice slices with some spices and toppings.

But don’t you people realize that, in the right context, “tasting” the ponies is directed to down there.

Okay, that gif is really beginning to freak me out.

It’s like “Raep-Face” to the highest degree.

…I was gonna try and say something witty involving your Implication that I’m sure ties back to Clopping somehow…

BUT THAT DAMN RAEP FACE IS MAKING IT TOO HARD TO CENCENTRATE!

F’ it, Molestia just invaded this thread, she probably has a clearer thought train:

Oct 20, 2012 at 08:04PM EDT

CitationNeeded wrote:

Just in case someone couldn’t follow these very clear instructions, have another example:

Nothing to it!

@Derpy
That plan will never work!

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

@Tasting ponies

>Saying BSOD started topic
>Not noticing that any harm to ponies would be started by resident human supremacist burning_phoneix (or resident crazy old man, Daniel Vasquez)
>mfw this obvious dutch attempt to troll me

Zeroblue wrote:

What is funny is that most of the bestiality laws in the other states are very recent (2005+) because apparently the government just realized some people like to have sex with animals.

Last edited Oct 20, 2012 at 11:05PM EDT
Oct 20, 2012 at 11:02PM EDT

Oh Gawd. The tumblrs. Why must I always forget about the tumblrs. EqD enlightened me to Ask Regular Pony today.

It’s been a while since I read ask surprise or ask Colgate. I really need to read sum tumblrs…and some fan-fics…tumblrs and fan fics…

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:58PM EDT

2spooky the invisible windigo wrote:

So there has been a bunch of posts on Equestria Daily about the new Littlest Pet Shop show

And I come to the conclusion that I can’t watch it without this sitting in the back of my mind:

(NSFW)

I’ll still give it a chance if the reviews are good- but dang, the art styles are too similar for comfort.

It feels I bit… Odd. Certainly No MLP.

This Littlest Pet Shop thing had a vid that was 3 minutes of Introduction song; And… F’ me I was bored.

Still. Some people say the first MLP episode wasn’t great for the same reason (Exposition). But At least that was pushed aside by being… Well… A Fantasy Story at heart.

Hey, if one was to try Explain MLP without mentioning Ponies, It sounds like it would Belong in D&D… I’ve actually attempted to explain the entire Series this way in a you tube video… Season 3 Spoilers near end though, just thought I’ll Warn you. Also 30 Mins long and I can’t stop laughing at myself.

(Now please don’t spoil the point of the video to the people in the video’s comments.)

Anyways, This LPS seems to be “The Wild Thornberrys… Except not in the wild, the world is otherwise Normal Earth where Magic doesn’t seem to be a thing; And the Human character is a bit disturbed by All this, but will clearly adjust.”

I’m not sure I can say the premise “Can’t” work, but without the Expansive nature of just saying “Yeah, this is a fantasy Setting” then its probably not going to have such a hook.

Still, They might have a card up their sleeve… I’m curious now. What seems to make them think they’re going to strike gold again, enough to put a sort of “Anti-Twilight Sparkle” in as a Dog?

…Hmm… I’ll have to keep my eyes, ears, and mind open.

Edit: On a side note, the songs for LPS are ear worms. And in my wtf-age, I’m unable to determine if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 04:05AM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 03:46AM EDT

Okay, I just Figured out what, if anything, is going to make LPS anywhere near as popular as MLP

Let’s look at the Video the Hub supplied:

You see it? You feel it? No?

Look closely at the Girl’s reaction near the end…

Now watch the whole thing again, and tell me if you feel something…

Because at this point, I’ve watched it several times… And I’m quite sure I’ve got the same reaction as that girl…

Pure… Undiluted… “WTF?”

As in “What did I just watch?”

I feel like I’d watch just to find some kind of meaning I thought I missed… And I’ll end up getting hypnotized by that ear worm of a song that keeps playing.

My… Brain is melting… I’m surrounded by a feeling of pure brain melting, and I’m not sure what’s good or not. It’s like my brain is burning something trying to figure out why it is I keep coming back to this vid… Only for the same reason to be to figure out why I’m so Morbidly fascinated by it.

2 HOURS, trying to figure this out! And my brain is in Strife!

And it hits me… that it will be exactly THAT, that makes it come anywhere near MLP.

…And now excuse me while I piece together my brain and try to comprehend my own statement. I think it exploded a few paragraphs ago.

Edit: Also, It’s quite likely the only one of the characters that is going to get (Extremely) popular is the “Anti-Twilight Sparkle” Dog that keep singing her lungs off.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 06:40AM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 06:29AM EDT

ZeroBlue 4 wrote:

…. popular is the “Anti-Twilight Sparkle” Dog that keep singing her lungs off.

Twilight Sparkle dog? Moar like… Twilight Barkle, amirite?

I know this might be old, but seriously impressive animation….

The original this was based on is in the video description.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 09:11AM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 09:00AM EDT

@Littlelest Pet Shop:

My brain is exploding! I don’t know how you think that dog is related to Twilight somehow. IT DOES NOT MAKES SENSE!

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:18AM EDT

@LPS

As for the show itself, it has a lot of the same talent working on it as MLP (including the musicians, thus ear-worm songs), so the quality does look pretty good, even if I’m not a huge fan of the style.
I think we’ll have to wait and see how the actual episodes are structured and written to get a good idea.
I know I personally tried MLP because of the interesting art and animation, but I stuck around for the well-defined characters.
If LPS can pull that off too, it may have something going for it.

Hopefully Hasbro won’t be out promoting this as if it is trying to create a ‘new Brony’ thing.
Bronies happened naturally in response to a well-done show.
Trying to force it will only serve to drive people away.
(See the ‘Belly Bros’ incident with Care Bears a while back.)
Just make the show as best you can for your target audience, and the viewers will respond.

Oct 21, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT

Remember when we were talking about that article that famous fans leaving the show and nobody knew who Yamino is (which pleases me because I don’t like her) and then everyone was like “call me when John De Lancie, Tara Strong…etc leave”

Well….today is not that day.

Apparently, Tara Strong got Dina Meyer (who acted in the Saw Films) and Sean Astin (aka Samwise Gamgee aka best character in Lord of the Rings) to admit that he’s a brony and his favourite pony is Twilight Sparkle.

http://www.vocaltwit.com/4734

Oct 21, 2012 at 02:27PM EDT

@Phoenix: I read that last part in his voice, and it was great.

Also, I believe you misspelled Gimli.

@LPS: I probably won’t watch it. I saw that the video was posted on EQD, but I didn’t watch it; while it has a lot of MLP talent, I’m simply not interested right now. Personally, I don’t think it will go anywhere. MLP was a one-in-a-million occurence. I simply don’t think lightning will strike twice on this one.

It’s too bad Hasbro seems to think it will. Honestly, people have already noticed the Twilight Barkle resemblance, heck, that’s the very first thing I saw. It’s pretty obvious they’re trying to attract the Brony crowd. Won’t work on me; sorry, Hasbro.

Oct 21, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT

Guys, what if, I know this is a long shot, Twilight Barkle was designed to take over the MLP francise. When you ponify Twilight Barkle see looks similar to Alex.

As the Littlest Pet Shop progresses, the show will slowly crossover into MLP, acting very freindly towards the ponies, and then completely take over, turning MLP FIM into My Littlest Pony Shop Finance is Magic.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 03:32PM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT

@Phoenix
All right!
We got a member of the fellowship!
Now, to convert the rest…

@Tim
The conversion will be slow, but be on the lookout for Twilight’s ‘new look.’
That will be the first sign.

Last edited Oct 21, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT
Oct 21, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

@ZeroBlue4

Anyways, This LPS seems to be “The Wild Thornberrys… Except not in the wild, the world is otherwise Normal Earth where Magic doesn’t seem to be a thing; And the Human character is a bit disturbed by All this, but will clearly adjust.”

So, basically this:

Which makes sense considering both shows were created by Timothy Cahill and Julie McNally-Cahill.

Oct 21, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!