Forums / Discussion / General

232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

@PONY.MOV

I've said it before people. They're a freaking parody. There are many parodies of the show out there, but you can't love them all. I am a fan of random, non-explainable, humor, so it appeals to me and I like it. But you don't hear me tell you I dislike Trixie (although I do).

@Rule 34

If you really hate all the Rule 34, I'm seriously wondering what you are doing on the internet. I mean, it's the freaking internet. Some people get rustled a bit too quickly.

@Giga

That sucks. But it still should get you some new subscribers.

Glad to see everything worked out.

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 09:35PM EDT

alright, its night, sitting at my pc, got nothing to do, one tab open with Pandora on shuffle, another on Facebook, and this one on knowyourmeme, its time for pony.

Im just gonna copypaste this from EQD:

"Through months of painstaking detective work and many failed attempts to reverse engineer this puzzling image, one of our ace field reporters (Whatshisgame) has turned up surprising details hidden within this photograph. You can see it below quite clearly:

You may need a magnifying glass, but there it is, clear as day: the word 'Cadance', hidden in plain sight.

What does this mean for season three? We at Equestria Daily can only speculate, but from this data point alone I feel particularly comfortable saying that season three will feature a 26-episode long adventure arc featuring every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course), something about an explosion, and mountains and mountains of lions."

Woah woah woah, back up a second

"… I feel particularly comfortable saying that season three will feature a 26-episode long adventure arc featuring every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course)"

" every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course) "

CocoaCannon wrote:

Im just gonna copypaste this from EQD:

"Through months of painstaking detective work and many failed attempts to reverse engineer this puzzling image, one of our ace field reporters (Whatshisgame) has turned up surprising details hidden within this photograph. You can see it below quite clearly:

You may need a magnifying glass, but there it is, clear as day: the word 'Cadance', hidden in plain sight.

What does this mean for season three? We at Equestria Daily can only speculate, but from this data point alone I feel particularly comfortable saying that season three will feature a 26-episode long adventure arc featuring every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course), something about an explosion, and mountains and mountains of lions."

Woah woah woah, back up a second

"… I feel particularly comfortable saying that season three will feature a 26-episode long adventure arc featuring every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course)"

" every background pony ever named (fully voiced, of course) "

>mfw

- Going home at night (better: stumbling around)

- Seeing this construction zone sign:

- Taking one look, hm something seems familiar.

- Second look: I know that color schemes: Ponies. Awww yeah! But what happend to rainbow dashs cutie mark?

I really don't know how long this sign is standing there. It is possible that i have passed it hundreds of times.

And i always thaught that i am the only brony around – what a surprise. Also the first time that i come accross guerilla ponying:D

BTW good night!

@Megalolzors

Shiggy, this is Diggy. Reporting to base. We've got a bogey at 6 o'clock. Requesting permission to engage.

This is Diggy. Fire at will, Shiggy.

What I'm trying to say is that I hope you know they're joking.

Also, I'm about 10-15% with saving my favorites from Ponibooru for posterity. If you have an account on there and you want to hang on to your favorites, then remember that Ponibooru will go dark in August at some point. Save them while you can.

Otherwise, you'll have to recognize darth-franny's style and hunt in down on deviantArt.

Memelord wrote:

theres some stuff from bronycon

Quoting this because nobody reads the last post of the page.

I honestly laughed so hard at this. I need to know who that guy is. All those people dressed up as horses eating sugar cubes, hahahahaha! I tip my hat to every last one of them

Also the introduction to Bronies at the beginning was pretty accurate. I was surprised by how well the pink dude nailed it.

Lets check out the Youtube comments, I hope they found this as funny as I did…

"Bronehs are teh worst fandpm cuz they spam poniex everywhat ABLOBLOBLOBLOO"

"Im a broney but i hate all teh r34. teh fandom sucks now BLUBLBUBLUBLBUB"

"omg ponez my life ez ruined WAAAAAAAAAH"

"They don love and tolerate me and rub ponez in mah faces MIMIMIMIMIMIMIIII"

….

You know what? These people deserve to be miserable

@Nathan

What a coincidence. A day ago I got into a chat session with a guy on Starcraft 2 and we started talking about Dubstep. He recommended that exact same Dubstep number to me.

That song must be making the rounds

Last edited Jul 06, 2012 at 10:47PM EDT

Not Nathan wrote:

Well, this thread died again. Might as well play some BETOLFIELD.

Please Nathan, don't do this.

30 minutes without a post is not a dead thread. You don't need to make a one sentence long reply to every post that's being made. Enough people can be lurking, but are just waiting for a topic that interests them. But that doesn't mean the thread needs to be bumped constantly. We have pointed out multiple times in the past to not make useless posts, they're a waste of space.

I'm really happy people no longer tell others when they're going to bed or when they're awake again. I don't like to see those posts return. It's ok to reply to posts, but at least make it a bit meaningful and don't do it consantly. Try to make your posts an actual contribution. This is a forum thread, not a chat.

I was bored so I stared at this for awhile. It's that thing that goes left or right depending on how your brain interprets it.

I actually managed to train myself to make it switch on command. Then something weird happened. Now when I look at this picture, I see it simultaneously spinning left and right at the same time. It's fucked up.

@Bronycon video
I actually saw them filming the people eating sugar cubes. It's very comforting to learn it was done for comedic value instead of some creepy fetish video like I previously thought.

They actually did a good job of covering the more creepy aspects of the Con. They got footage of all the really horrifying cosplays like the male Nurse Redheart, male Sweetie Belle, and that really bad Vinyl suit. Also, as shown in the video, there was an unsurprisingly large amount of fat people. However, I blame that less on the nature of our fandom and more on the fact that the con is in the US. Another bizarre thing was the prevalence of those plastic pony ears and wings. There was even multiple stands selling them.

Surprisingly, they missed filming the strangest room of the entire con.

^ Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Does anyone here know anything about the LARPers in this fandom? I did not even know they existed before this con.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

30 minutes without a post is not a dead thread. You don't need to make a one sentence long reply to every post that's being made. Enough people can be lurking, but are just waiting for a topic that interests them. But that doesn't mean the thread needs to be bumped constantly. We have pointed out multiple times in the past to not make useless posts, they're a waste of space.

I'm really happy people no longer tell others when they're going to bed or when they're awake again. I don't like to see those posts return. It's ok to reply to posts, but at least make it a bit meaningful and don't do it consantly. Try to make your posts an actual contribution. This is a forum thread, not a chat.

Yeah… Well anyways, I'm going to bed everyone, bye!

I kid I kid

@fat people at brony con

I would also blame it on the fact that bronies are an Internet subculture. People that spend a lot of time on the computer, games, or tv tend to be fat or pencil thin. Lack of exercise and all that good stuff. But yeah, being in the USA doesn't help.

@LARP room

I LARPed hard back in the day, around the 4-6th grades. It's actually pretty fun if you're willing to make up your own little fantasy world; I was never one for borrowing characters or settings from TV or video games. Still, LARPing as ponies seems a little strange to me, but if you're gonna LARP as ponies Daring Do is a damn good pony to LARP as.

@Megalolzers

As vocal a minority as we are, we still aren't and will never be Hasbro's target demographic. I fully expect a few shoutouts, maybe an in-show confirmation of some fanon characterizations like Vinyl or Lyra, but the show/marketing ploy for little girls must go on.

Though I'm not much of a fan of her, I'd really like to see Trixie come back for an episode. She shouldn't stick around; I don't think she's the kind of character who would contribute much in the long run. But it would certainly make for an interesting story, and a moral lesson about forgiveness for the kiddies to boot. And it would ruin most everyone's fanons and Twilight/Trixie shippings, which would be utter hilarious carnage.

So long as I'm going to talk about my hopes for Season 3, I'm not sure if want a return of Discord or Chrysalis. What the show has proven to be far superior at to any other girl's TV show is the creation of legitmate villians. I don't want to see the same enemies again. I want to see the ponies stop a plot to assassinate Celestia or something awesome like that.

Also, though I don't really think a return of Daring Do is in everyone's best interest, I'd like some confirmation that she is a real pony. Because that would also ruin every fanon about her (including mine, yes. But it'd be worth it).

Have some best pony.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT

@Fifths

The trick I use is to cover most the picture with my hands except the feet.

Then stare at the left/right leg spinning past the right/left leg. With the rest of the image covered its easier to visualize those two legs crossing each other from different directions. I can then make Trixie spin change rotation or even oscillate at will. Move the hands away and the brain handles the rest

If I don't do this however, Trixie always spins counter-clockwise by default.

Fifths wrote:

I was bored so I stared at this for awhile. It's that thing that goes left or right depending on how your brain interprets it.

I actually managed to train myself to make it switch on command. Then something weird happened. Now when I look at this picture, I see it simultaneously spinning left and right at the same time. It's fucked up.

Looks perfectly normal to me!

@Exudes
Ooo, another 'Season three what-ifs' discussion?
Let's go!

I doubt we're going to see too much 'expansion' of background characters.
Cameos, no doubt, but Studio B has said that they'd like to leave them mostly up to us in terms of specifics.
Then again, they gave Derpy her big scene which I never expected, so it will certainly be interesting to see what they do.

As for Trixie, I'd say there's probably a 60-70% chance of her showing up (Yes, I pulled that out of my ass).
I recall Jayson Theissen saying something like 'I think there's more to tell with her' when asked about it quite some time back, and the studio knows that she was basically the first 'one-shot' character to really gain a following.
Personally, she never struck me as the repentant type (hell, she ran off proclaiming her own victory essentially), so I think it would be awesome to have her return for revenge.
There's some potential for her to become MLP's version of Sideshow Bob, returning every once in a while with new crazy plans for vengeance that fail spectacularly.
That would be fun!
(I'm not sure if something like that would encourage or discourage the Twixie shippings, but the rationalizations either way would be so entertaining!)

I agree that a Chrysalis and Discord return doesn't interest me as much as it does for a lot of people.
One of the cool things about this show is the regular introduction of new super-villains and I'd hate to see that stop in favor of reusing old ones.
That said, John De Lancie has all-but-confirmed working on another episode, so I'm pretty sure Discord will be back.
My hope is that it will come in the form of a flashback to his previous reign in an episode explaining the origins of modern Equestria rather than having him just break free again, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The one character I actually do want to return is Gilda.
She's one of the less popular antagonists, but her potential for a great episode with a ready-made, poignant lesson can't be overlooked.
So far, over two seasons, one and only one friendship has ended: Gilda and Dash.
A reconciliation with a 'forgive and forget/friends can get over fights' type of message is just waiting to be made there.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 02:19AM EDT

CocoaCannon wrote:

My little Portal Episode 1 is out

That was decent, I guess. It was a bit disappointing, actually, because the trailer made it sound a lot cooler. The animation looked a bit stiff, and the colours were bland. I've seen a lot better from this fandom. For just one guy, though, he did alright.

The main issue I had with it was that the crossover didn't mesh together very well. The atmosphere felt entirely like Portal, and the ponies just seem thrown in there. It seemed to lack drama, and nothing really happened the entire time. Even as the music got louder and more intense, nothing major or exciting happened on screen. And I feel like it was overly long and slowly paced; it could have easily been done better in 5 minutes.

I'm probably critiquing it a bit harshly though. Overall, I found it to be entertaining. The quality was lower than expected, but the basic premise of ponies and portal made it a lot more interesting than it actually was (although not as much as it sounded). But I'm sure he'll only improve as time goes on and he makes more and more episodes.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 02:40AM EDT

@Twins
Just watched it myself, and I kinda see what you mean, though I would hesitate to call the animation 'lower quality.'
For a single amateur working all on his own, this is pretty good.
I think the massive abundance of truly amazing artists and animators in this fandom has spoiled us to an extent.
In any other fan base, this would likely be some of the best out there.

My main issue was the pacing.
Like you said, removing unnecessary pauses and just generally streamlining things would have made it both shorter and better.

Story-wise, I'll have to wait and see, but I still don't like the idea of Discord killing.
It's just not in his nature. Dead things aren't fun!
Hopefully, RD will be back, and according to the credits, it looks like many other ponies will be involved, too.

Anyway, all those criticisms are still relatively minor, so I will eagerly await further installments.
There is something both awesome and hilarious about focusing on Doctor Whooves dressed as Grodan Freeman exploring the Portal laboratories that just works for me.
And that Discord voice is actually pretty good, too.

@Season 3 speculation

I agree that another episode with Discord wouldn't make much sense if it was just a matter of him breaking out again; that would be far too easy, and rather cheap. However, a history episode featuring the Sisters' epic struggle against him and their subsequent rise to power would be more than welcome. Of course, if some pony actually conspired to free him, that certainly would provide an interesting plot. But, the problem is that only the elements are actually powerful enough to stop him, so the solution would seem rather overused.

As for her illustrious highness Queen Chrysalis, I don't see why it would be so bad for changelings to make another appearance. Too many villains would actually begin to feel really absurd in the long run, where every other week, another brand new super power is threatening all of Equestria. The changelings and their Queen could easily come back, and try to devise some new scheme of deception and conquest, and I'd be perfectly all right with that.

As for Gilda…

I'll be perfectly happy to never see her face in the show again.

@MyLittleBronycon

That guy with the pink shirt and wig is so concise, hah! I also liked the way they put a positive note on the front and back of the video, although I do feel like they were trying a little too hard to only cosplayers and such. Also, even though the sugar cube thing was a joke and all in good fun (so it would seem), I wouldn't have gone for it myself. Why intentionally give the haters that kind of ammunition, I'd say. That part kind of dragged on a bit, too. Then again, what on earth could one expect from a show called "Underbelly"? Considering that, it could have been far worse.

Naturally, the YouTube comment section is looking like a typical day in Haterville.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 04:07AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Quoting this because nobody reads the last post of the page.

I honestly laughed so hard at this. I need to know who that guy is. All those people dressed up as horses eating sugar cubes, hahahahaha! I tip my hat to every last one of them

Also the introduction to Bronies at the beginning was pretty accurate. I was surprised by how well the pink dude nailed it.

Lets check out the Youtube comments, I hope they found this as funny as I did…

"Bronehs are teh worst fandpm cuz they spam poniex everywhat ABLOBLOBLOBLOO"

"Im a broney but i hate all teh r34. teh fandom sucks now BLUBLBUBLUBLBUB"

"omg ponez my life ez ruined WAAAAAAAAAH"

"They don love and tolerate me and rub ponez in mah faces MIMIMIMIMIMIMIIII"

….

You know what? These people deserve to be miserable

@Nathan

What a coincidence. A day ago I got into a chat session with a guy on Starcraft 2 and we started talking about Dubstep. He recommended that exact same Dubstep number to me.

That song must be making the rounds

youtube comment are just full of trolls and stupid people and when you you are on a brony video
god help you, there the underbelley show there pretty funny

Memelord wrote:

youtube comment are just full of trolls and stupid people and when you you are on a brony video
god help you, there the underbelley show there pretty funny

Try all of YouTube. It's not just brony videos. YouTube is one of the worst online communities. That and yahoo answers.

Dac wrote:

Try all of YouTube. It's not just brony videos. YouTube is one of the worst online communities. That and yahoo answers.

some guy said in a video once
"i look at youtube comments for feedback and when you say first its pisses me off"
ya good luck with getting feed back from youtube

RandomMan wrote:

Oh ok, sorry, wont do it again. I had my "chan" mentality while replying to posts, Seeing how i had nothing to do last night i was replying to everything.

@Season 3 speculations:

I doubt Discord will break free again, and I also don't think it's entirely guaranteed DeLancie is going to be voicing him. It is possible, so we might get a flashback episode, but the show has actors doing multiple voices constantly (Braeburn/Shining Armor, Flutters/Pinkie, RD/AJ), so it isn't 100%. I wouldn't be opposed to the flashback episode, if it was done well. After all, it would likely have plenty of Celestia, Luna, Discord, and maybe Starswirl the Bearded (voiced by Morgan Freeman or Ian McKellen, of course).

As for others returning, I could see the changelings striking again, and hopefully defeated with something other than the Magic of Love or Friendship. I'm not opposed to those methods, of course, but it would be interesting to see how else they could handle threats. Maybe Celestia fighting a Chrysalis that isn't power-buffed by Shining Armor's love (the same magic that caused the nuclear explosion that knocked the changelings to another country).

Minor antagonists, however, are different. I wouldn't flip my shit if Trixie returned repentant, but I highly doubt she'd ask for forgiveness if she did return. If anything, she'd return for revenge, because she clearly didn't learn her lesson. Gilda returning would be similar, but I could see the episode being very deep, amazing, and 'I know that feel'-ish if she did come back for forgiveness. There's two more antagonists you guys are forgetting, though. Which disappoints me, because they're traveling salesponies non-pareil.

That's right, Flim and Flam. Don't overlook them, because it's possible they did learn their lesson, as evidenced by their exit, which was slightly more 'humble' than that of Gilda and Trixie. They could try to come back and save their reputation, or try and show that they can make an honest living. After all, they did have far superior production and distribution, but they got cocky and willingly gave the Apple family an immense advantage. I'm not saying their return is any more likely than Gilda's or Trixie's, or that I want to see it more, I'm just saying it's always possible.

On the note of background ponies, I doubt we're going to see any more of them in Season 3 than Season 2. After all, they are background ponies. Cameos, references, and things like that are likely the largest we're going to get. Ponies a tier above background, like the Cakes, Shining and Cadence, etc. will more than likely return, because they have a large opportunity for good stories and lessons. More characters might be introduced, as well. However, there very likely won't be a Derpy, Lyra, Bon-Bon, or Vinyl Scratch episode.

Octavia episode, on the other hand…

Anyways, I'd say it's likely we get a Scootaloo episode, Royal Sisters episode, (possible) a pet episode, etc. Can't say much about pets being more common in the episodes, but I'd like it.

@Season 3 speculation

All I want is an episode with Celestia and Luna hanging out or at least interacting with each other.
Why not have an episode centered around them? that would be great! Besides that, I dont really care. More Fancy pants and hoity toity? I would like another crazy pinkie episode I guess. Please! Please! dont make to many cutie mark crusader episodes! They annoy the hell out of me.

I have a question that isn't MLP related, but i don't want to start a thread about it.
Why is it looked down upon to pop your collar, tan, be ripped, or have pierced ears? you know, "douchebag" behaviors. I dont get it. I mean, sometimes people look ridiculous, but done right, I think it looks good and I generally follow those "douche" trends. I just want to know why the internet looks down on it. I mean, who cares? It gets more hate than bronies on the web.

@Dac:

The CMC annoy you?

Sure, they tend to be a bit silly and all that, but they're adorable, teach valuable lessons, and tend to be a lot deeper in their personalities than first appearances would lead you to believe, in my opinion.

As for Hoity-Toity and Fancy Pants, that does raise the chance that Studio B might bring back minor characters that aren't as major as the ones I listed. Maybe have Photo Finish, Hoity-Toity, Fancy Pants, Fleur de Lis, and Sapphire Shores defeat Discord when he returns by stylin' up on his shit. I would pay money to see it.

Now, about that douchebag stuff, it's probably from people doing it before it caught on being dicks. Guidos and all that, you know. I, personally, don't see the problem with it, as long as you aren't a dick or flamboyantly heterosexual. However, it does depend on how you go about doing it, like you said. Being naturally tan or having tan from being outside is different than a fake tan, the latter of which is associated with douchebags. Being muscular isn't associated with douches if you aren't an asshole about being fit and all that, in my experience. Popping your collar protects you from sunburn, of course, so there's that…

Anyways…

@Dac
How could you not like the CMCs?!
I'm just going to keep sending them at you until you give in!

Nah, I actually understand that because they kind of annoyed me at first, too.
Since then, they've (obviously) grown on me quite a bit.

That scene was a pretty big part of it.
Even if they had to make the song 'worse' to fit the episode, I absolutely loved it!
You really don't see enough awesome parodies of 80s-era hair metal in cartoons nowadays!

As for your 'image problem,' you can probably place a good chunk of the blame on these guys.

*shuuder
Though certainly not the first people to uphold this stereotype, they are ludicrously popular and public right now.
In the end, as long as you don't act like a douche, others should have no problem getting over your appearance.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT

Synchtube. First to join gets to pick first episode.

Obligatory RD gif to catch people's attention:

For the newfags, click the link to watch ponies. I started it a bit early, so I'm not expecting many people to show up for a while.

@CMC's

Dac wouldn't be the only one I think to dislike the CMCs, as they're made more to appeal to the little girl crowd. Sure, the rest of the show is as well, but the young CMC's striving to find their goal in life naturally has more appeal to the show's target audience than it does to bronies. So some bronies might find their silly antics and high pitched voices (voice-cracks ftw) a tad annoying.

Speaking of voice-cracks, another confession: I actually prefer Sweetie Belle and Applebloom over Scootaloo. It's not that I dislike Scootaloo, I just think the other two are cuter. Also, though I certainly hope this gets fixed, the other two just are more developed in terms of screen time and backgrounds. Which is exactly why we need a Scootaloo episode.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

@CMC

Personally, I quite like the CMC, though they've yet to get a really good episode together as a cohesive unit; the talent show episode and Hearts and Hooves Day weren't very impressive to me. Not bad, just nothing special; by this point most every character has starred in a really good episode.

And yes, we need a Scootaloo episode. Very badly.

Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Scootaloo

Although Sweetie Belle is my favorite CMC solely because of Thrakkerzog in the Mentally Advanced and RDP.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 06:32PM EDT

@ CMC
Let me start off with saying I like Sweetie Belle the most, Because of her voice. I do feel that Scootaloo Doesn't get that much attention, i don't know much about that pony, is she related to any one else? Family? I Know Sweetie Belle is Rarities sister, and Applebloom is Applejacks sister and they've both gotten enough attention throughout the series, i don't know jack about Scootaloo, Is she supposed to be a little Rainbow Dash or something? her character is very bland in my opinion. And yes I do agree we really need a Scootaloo episode, so we can clear those problems up.

@ Season 3
I'm just waiting for the Season 3 to come, But I do feel like they need an episode with a major bad guy showing up, cause these ponies just have these dilemmas in every episode. I would be cool if like in one episode some witch pony shows up and starts messing with ponyville and they got to stop her or something. (Not like Zecora, you know an actual Witch with bad intentions)

Also a side note, im not bashing on the pilot episodes or anything, but i did feel like i was watching the hangover part II again when i saw the second pilot, cause it was the same thing, find the elements of harmony to defeat yet another Bad guy that for some reason was set loose again.

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 07:03PM EDT

SOURCE
So I was just flipping through some backlogged EQD Drawfriends when I stumbled on this awesome gif.
Always love me some ScootaDash so I clicked on it.
Imagine my surprise when the artist page says that they based it on my story!
Day officially made!
My first art! And it's crazy-good!

@Nathan
Nope, no family that we know of.
Faust confirmed that Scoots is definitely not RD's sister, though.
Hasbro said that RD's more 'rough-and-tumble' attitude didn't fit with the sibling relationships that they wanted to show.
Honestly, I like it better that way.
It makes any time they spend together more special because there's no familial obligation behind it.
They just genuinely like each other!

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT

I know this is kind of a long shot, but I need a human version of this.

That is to say, a good female singer. I've got a new pony song I'm working on, and the chorus would sound a lot better if I had a woman to sing it as opposed to me desperately trying to squeak out the high notes. Preferably a singer with a voice that could be described as seductive and haunting. So, can anyone help me out?

@DeadParrot

I had a feeling that picture was linked to Tiny Wings. That was actually the scene that almost beat a tear out of me. Almost.

"Wow, that's sweet…OH SHIT, OH SHIT, TEAR ALERT, ALL HANDS ON DECK!

Speaking of Tiny Wings, I just got back from a little gig at a coffee shop and I played the song your story enspired there. It actually got encored, so ya, thanks for the inspiration I guess. Just don't expect any royalities when I release it as a single and make a million dollars off it ;)

Last edited Jul 07, 2012 at 11:01PM EDT

Gigatoast wrote:

GUH! I'm feeling unfulfilled again, I need some kinda big project to work on.

Collaborate with Muumi to create an pony image for the next go-round of the survey opspe and I are working on. I also ask Connor to come up with a seat-of-his-pants short story fanfiction to submit along with the link to the survey when we submit it to various sites. We also ask lolstaz and Fifths to collaborate to create a parody of "She Blinded Me with Science" to play along with Connor's fanfiction.

EQUESTRIA DAILY WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT. IMAGINE TEH CHOAS.

TEH CHOASE.

For serious though. How are you guys holding up during the pony drought. Many of us, me included, got through the first pony drought just fine. In fact, I probably watched about 3 or 4 episodes each night before I went to bed during the summer. And then I found Ponibooru about a month before Season 2 started.

So much hype.

So my question is: how much are you guys holding up with the drought?

@Verbose:

First of all, Equestria Daily would explode, and there would be a vast migration to Equestria More-Than-Once-Daily-Because-It's-More-Accurate. Once it's base became powerful once more, you guys would probably do it again.

And much merriment would result.

As for the pony drought, I went through most of the first one just fine because I wasn't really a full-on brony. This one has also been easy, because of TF2, Dark Souls, pony content, etc. There's no drought with this fandom, because people keep making content when the seasons have ended (arguably, they make even more). There's just a period of a few months without any canon stuff.

And fuck canon stuff. Did the canon stuff ever produce Chesty Motherfucking McThunderbeard? I didn't think so.

@verbose

Surprise surprise, Im fine. I don't really care about the pony drought. I'm not that big of a fan so I'm not dying for the next season.

@jersey shore
Yeah, I guess you're right about these morons ruining all the fun.
Paulie D's hair is horrifying! I mean It's really bad! Also, if you want to have a good laugh, watch the situations workout video. It's so bad and a flat out lie. He tries to tell you the ployometrics, pushups, and sit ups will get you his body. Bullshit, it takes weights.

Verbose wrote:

Collaborate with Muumi to create an pony image for the next go-round of the survey opspe and I are working on. I also ask Connor to come up with a seat-of-his-pants short story fanfiction to submit along with the link to the survey when we submit it to various sites. We also ask lolstaz and Fifths to collaborate to create a parody of "She Blinded Me with Science" to play along with Connor's fanfiction.

EQUESTRIA DAILY WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT. IMAGINE TEH CHOAS.

TEH CHOASE.

For serious though. How are you guys holding up during the pony drought. Many of us, me included, got through the first pony drought just fine. In fact, I probably watched about 3 or 4 episodes each night before I went to bed during the summer. And then I found Ponibooru about a month before Season 2 started.

So much hype.

So my question is: how much are you guys holding up with the drought?

I gotta say, it's been hard. Seems like there's less art than usual. I've also sworn off fanfiction for whatever reason, so there's that.

@Fifths
While I don't know any singers, I did find a human version of that picture!

So, that's something!

Good to hear about the music, too!
Did the people realize it was a pony song, or did they just kinda go with it?
Either way, my lawyers will be calling to discuss distribution, and have you put any thought into merchandising?
I'm thinking T-shirts, CDs, posters, signature guitars, locks of hair, vials of blood. You know, pretty much anything we can rip out of you. I'm sure someone will want to buy it.

@Drought
I always find it funny when people call it 'the drought' because not a day goes by without new music, art, animation, fiction, etc. popping up somewhere.
Sure, there's no new canon, but a drought this is not.
Obviously, I'm anticipating the new season just like everyone else, but I'm not rocking back and forth in the fetal position counting the seconds until the premiere.

@chowz, below
Well, they could potentially get Andrew W.K. since he has come out as a pretty hard-core Pinkie fan.

Either way, I'd love to see some more guest stars jump in from time to time.
Weird Al would be awesome, too.

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 01:00AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!