Forums / General

195,506 total conversations in 5,381 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10,167 conversations with 235 participants

For FIM to be affected I think they would have to be completely purchased by Disney. From the looks of it, it may just be Disney buying the sections dedicated to now Disney properties (Star Wars, Marvel, etc.) Unless Hasbro is really dumb enough to sell off MLP during these exchanges, I think that in-house themes would be fine. However, it is still possible that Disney purchases Hasbro outright, which I don’t see working out well, as all in-house themes would be affected.

Nov 06, 2012 at 09:32AM EST

@Disney
The video of the Gravity Falls theme that Equestria Daily linked to is “blocked under copyright in my country.”

If Disney does manage to get their hands on MLP… this does not bode well.

@Equestrian Military
While they don’t have much in the way of a military now (besides the royal guards), I think that they probably did sometime in the past. Remember, there is that picture of an officer of some kind on “Mystery on the Friendship Express,” and he obviously wasn’t a mere guard. Perhaps there was some sort of conflict in the past that led to the peaceful present?

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:10AM EST

Of course Disney will buy Hasbro. They already own Marvel and Star Wars. It’s only a matter of time before Disney buys everything. It’s one of the reasons humanity became extinct in the first place.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:37AM EST

Commodore 64 wrote:

@Disney
The video of the Gravity Falls theme that Equestria Daily linked to is “blocked under copyright in my country.”

If Disney does manage to get their hands on MLP… this does not bode well.

@Equestrian Military
While they don’t have much in the way of a military now (besides the royal guards), I think that they probably did sometime in the past. Remember, there is that picture of an officer of some kind on “Mystery on the Friendship Express,” and he obviously wasn’t a mere guard. Perhaps there was some sort of conflict in the past that led to the peaceful present?

Well, in the episode with Twilight and here future self, Rainbow Dash asks that what if there was another foreboding “Great Pony War” in the midst.
So war is canon, goodbye.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:55AM EST

I am pretty sure that Disney would knock at the door of their huge legal department and kick of copyright infringement lawsuits everywhere as soon as they get their hands on MLP.

Basically the outcome would be devastating…

• Watching Episodes on YouTube: Gone
  • Pony related Games: Gone
  • Fan made episodes: Would Disney give the permission? I don’t think so…
  • Remixes, PMVs, MLP YTP: Gone, most likely
  • And not to forget: I can’t watch the Grafity Falls Intro as well: Blocked due to copyright issues

Seriously we can be quite thankful that Hasbro is so relaxed and doesn’t interfere everywhere. I am sure this has helped the fandom greatly. Perhaps it wouldn’t even exist in the first place, if all episodes would get taken down immediately. I mean, I would have never watched an episode, if it involved more than clicking on an embbeded YouTube video.

So I really hope that these rumors don’t come true. I know, I have painted quite a dark future, but this is not that unlikely.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:24PM EST

Yeah, I like Disney and all that, but I’m hoping that this rumor remains just that, or if they do, they focus on the Star Wars stuff due to that.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:26PM EST

Lone K:

Well, in the episode with Twilight and here future self, Rainbow Dash asks that what if there was another foreboding “Great Pony War” in the midst.
So war is canon, goodbye.

Ah yes, I forgot all about that. Interesting…

Back to Disney now. Although I agree that it would be bad if they took over, it certainly would not mean the collapse of the brony fandom. I mean, it is true that many things could no longer be done (as Whitishcollar pointed out), but we would somehow manage to adapt.

I mean, Gravity Falls has a growing fanbase, and it’s Disney. True there are no music videos or games or whatnot, but still… The online presence of ponies would not simply vanish. Of course it is still preferable for Hasbro to stick around. I don’t know how things would be if they weren’t as understanding and accepting as they are.

But hey, it’s all still a rumour. If I remember correctly, Disney tried to buy out Hasbro once before too, and that didn’t work.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:44PM EST

@Stargazer

False, the article did mention MLP at the very end as a potential affected IP. See the last paragraph.

Wait? What?

So yeah, this means Disney would also own My Little Pony, and there would be plenty of cross-over material there, too.

Oh there…damn how did I miss that? Okay so Disney would acquire MLP in the process of buying up all the rights to SW merch, even if it’s not their primary interest.

Back to the matter at hand and assuming the scenario where Disney owns MLP:

Disney can’t hamper the Brony fandom any more than it could hamper the Star Wars fandom. We shouldn’t get too paranoid over their legal team trying to stomp us into the ground. Besides, if they know anything about Bronies and care as much about money as they do, then it’s in their best interest to cater to us.

Blocked youtube video’s of official episodes is a very serious problem however. They will likely do that even if they don’t care as much about MLP as their other IP’s. We’d have to find a way around that

I still don’t expect the episodes themselves to be largely affected, I would be surprised if Disney took it out of the hands of Studio B (why would they need to?). And if it is affected, would they do any worse than Gravity Falls (which isn’t terrible at all, lots of Bronies watch that too)? The worst I can imagine is the show being moved to the Disney channel

And of course, please remember people that this is all unconfirmed rumors at this point.

For all we know, Hasbro could tell disney to go to hell so they can hoard all the Star Wars toy sales for themselves.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 06:17PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 06:15PM EST

@Blue Screen (of death), I think were’re also afraid that FIM will end up like The Spectacular Spider-Man series.
It was in production before Disney purchased Marvel. Stu from Marvel age of animation review of the series said that “The Spectacular Spider-Man stands as Marvel’s finest animated effort-” and was awarded the best animated series in both 2008 and 2009. However, despite this, Disney decided to opt for making the Ultimate Spider-Man series instead of trying to continue Spectacular. Although some people like the Ultimate Spider-Man series (I watched a few episodes and felt it was okay), it is considered significantly inferior by most critics to Spectacular. Many of us fear that if Disney purchases the IP for MLP, something like this could happen.

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:32PM EST

Settle down, settle down

This is just a rumor that we don’t even know it’s true. Disney has had a healthy partnership with Hasbro for years. Heck, some Hasbro products are characters in Toy Story for goodness sakes.

So just settle down. We don’t know and just have to wait. Let’s not waste our brain cells on speculation.

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:50PM EST

What does IP mean?

@Disney buying Hasbro

Hasbro should let the people who watch their shows have a say in the contract if they plan on selling to Disney (which I think highly unlikely, considering that Hasbro has given rights for brand name toys to be put into series on other channels [ex: Hot Wheels on Cartoon Network]), but I mean COME ON. Why would Hasbro sell themselves to Disney? They’ve been around a long time and they haven’t given up on hope. And they’ve had a great partnership with Disney for a long time, one partner does not simply start commanding the other at random.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 06:53PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 06:51PM EST

@Lone K

IP = Intellectual Property. Not to be confused with Internet Protocol

And no, Hasbro should not talk to their fanbase on matters that determine the fate of their business. That’s a decision that should be left to the executives with years of experience in business management. What do we know about maintaining a multimillion dollar corporation?

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:59PM EST

I will say that a revision of Hasbro’s licensing agreement with Disney regarding Star Wars (and possibly Marvel) is more likely than Disney buying Hasbro. I’m sorry if I seemed too worried on complete speculation at this point. I agree with Blue Scree of Death

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 07:53PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 07:41PM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Lone K

IP = Intellectual Property. Not to be confused with Internet Protocol

And no, Hasbro should not talk to their fanbase on matters that determine the fate of their business. That’s a decision that should be left to the executives with years of experience in business management. What do we know about maintaining a multimillion dollar corporation?

I’m pretty sure when most people with tech knowledge use the phrase “Internet protocol”, they don’t usually abbreviate it to IP, so I doubt confusion happens often. Besides, most of the time, we tend to think of specific internet protocol snipets… such as “http” or whatever. And I’m even more sure that “Internet Protocol” is rarely mentioned outside a conversation on using the internet.

(That was longer than necessary, wasn’t it?)

Anyways. The thing with letting a company decide its own fate is that frequently, they DON’T know what they are doing. Not terribly frequently, but it happens enough that one begins to wonder why people are still hiring Micheal Bay.

However, on the other side of the coin, the audience doesn’t know what to do either. What we may think the answer to one problem is might be a different thing to what would be the logical thing to do if you actually have decent knowledge of the problem.

As a relevant example, we probably think the solution that would keep MLP alive is for Hasbro to not be bought by Disney at all. However it could be the case that for legal reasons it could be less of a liability for them to have sections of their company related to Disney’s existing products (Star Wars and what not) moved to one of Disney’s studios through some form of deal, and Hasbro be contracted on to work on them from the outside. Or possibly some other scenario I haven’t thought of.

Still, whatever the case, the problem we see, and the solution are two very different matters.

We can see the problems easily enough, but don’t know the solutions well enough to advise.

The companies know how to make a solution, but find it hard to locate a problem without feedback.

So there is an inherent need to communicate; on some level at least.

(This was all more or less told to me in a games design course, so take with a grain of salt. And I may be remembering this wrong, but I think the unit was literally called “Games Design 101”.)

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:57PM EST

Caramel wrote:

YAY BIRTHDAY!

My birthday was two days ago… and you don’t hear me bragging…

…Yet…

>_<

>0<

…Yay…

Edit: Anyone notice that the textile formatting is not good at processing Emotes?

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 09:50PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 09:46PM EST

@BSoD
Thank you for clearing up my question. I did not know what either IP meant, although I knew what an Internet Protocol was, except I did not know the name of it.

@Replies to post
I will agree with you. My point did not look stable and your responses looked rather achievable.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:53PM EST

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Well, my nation just got itself four more years of being screwed over…

>Being on the internet
>Being anti-Obama
>Posting about it in a pony thread

Jk, jk. Sorry your guy lost. I bet he would’ve been a fine president as well.

Nov 06, 2012 at 11:48PM EST

@Didney Didney Didney

Disney is not stupid. You do not get to be Disney by messing up. What My Little Pony has going for it is incredible, and the growth is certainly fostered by Hasbro’s relaxed approach to copyright protection. I know that if the episodes could not have been conveniently found on YouTube, I’dve never watched them in the first place. Even if Disney did buy My Little Pony, and I haven’t been on EQD or any pony news sites in a while so I don’t know what the basis to these rumors is, they’ll be smart enough to keep things going as they are. They might merchandise a bit more, and we’d be pretty much certain to see a pony movie at some point, but I’d imagine everything on YouTube would stay. Maybe they’ll take a lesson for this. I’d like to see shows run like MLP become the norm.

55% in support of I-502. I love election night.

Edit @BSoD, below

I think we already sorted out who leans where, but I never got a chance to add my two cents.

Applejack: Republican – Small business owner, favors economy freer of government regulation.
Fluttershy: Republican – Doesn’t want government interfering in her life and telling her what to do. The government is big and really, really scary.
Pinkie Pie: Communist – Equal distribution of sugar, communist parties.
Rainbow Dash: Democrat – Pretty much just wants gay marriage legalized, and way overestimates the power of the presidency to do so.
Rarity: Democrat – Element of Generosity says spread the wealth, provide healthcare for all.
Twilight Sparkle: Libertarian – She put a lot of thought into it, and realized she favors social liberalism but fiscal conservatism.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 12:13AM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 11:49PM EST

@Popper

Well look on the bright side. He’s still better than Bush :D

But why would Fluttershy be a staunch Republican?

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:03AM EST

@ poltical discussion, please don’t let this turn into a flame war. Anyways, now that the election is over, hopefully politics in the US will be more rational and dedicated to getting good things done.

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:13AM EST

Yes, politics are done. Now let’s stop talking about them and move onto more important matters.

Almost three more days…

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:17AM EST

I’m going to need the ponies and the iPad deal, need something to get my mind off what else Obama can do this to country in four more years.

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:20AM EST

I know that the speculation is minimal, but I still have that very bad itch that it can still happen. I need something to calm me down, any help here?

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:30AM EST

@ Real Politics and Ponies.

Really? there are still people who cares who wins? At least to any “Loyal” Degree?

Lets break down my experience with politics, which is Australian based so may be different to you guys.

We have two major parties.

-Labor Party
-Liberal Party

Vote labor and you will likely still have a job by the end of the year, but you will struggle financially. You’re also likely to end up with a better chance of flat out surviving, and will be supported by hundreds of government projects. The government will be broke though by the time the next election comes round.

Vote liberal… And jack all will happen. They just horde up the money and say “Do whatever capitalism tells you to!” and the economy booms, but a mild risk of being fired is incurred; but if you don’t get fired, you’re rolling in money. Little money if any is given to anything that isn’t necessary.

So which do you vote for?

As an acquaintance said once: “Depends what year it is.”

…Then again, America is weird. I’ll just sit back until it decides to be sane.

As for which ponies vote which way…

I get the feeling that ponies would probably just vote for whichever member is least likely to do something… incredibly stupid that might doom the entire country.

So probably less likely to be Romney, as not even he knows what he’s doing. Its like George Bush all over again.

Nov 07, 2012 at 01:49AM EST

Hey, guys, I’m not going to force you to stop talking about politics, but I’d rather we keep it out of this board. Reading my Facebook feed, filled with fellow eighteen-year-olds, but with one crucial difference – they really know absolutely nothing about politics and everyone’s policies even thought they think they do – is already enough to piss me off. If we keep talking politics, I’m probably going to have to exile myself from here until Saturday, when we definitely talk ponies, just to keep my sanity. I’d rather not do that. Yes, I realize most of you probably have a better idea, but still, talking politics with anyone, of any affiliation, sets my teeth on edge right now, no matter how mature and educated they are about it.

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:14AM EST

… Taking advice from Twilitlord, Here’s something sompletely different!

I’m working on a… Overly complex Shipping Chart-thingy. And the basic idea is that each possible romance option is listed along with WHY they might be good together using a Chess piece of a certain color to mark the chart.

The Six relationship types (So far) go:
-Knight (Rivalry)
-Pawn (Companionship)
-Queen (Encouragement)
-King (Leadership)
-Bishop (Educative)
-Rook (Protective)

Breaking it down further is the Black/White Passive/Active Divide: Where White is Active, and fulfills the main function of the relationship; and Black is Passive, being content to enjoy what the other gives and showing their appreciation for the role the white plays, and in some cases where the White is doing their role just cause they enjoy it, the black is receptive to that need.

So from there one can start analysis.

Dash:
White Knight-> Applejack
Black Bishop-> Twilight
White Rook-> Fluttershy
Black Pawn-> Pinkie Pie

Twilight:
Black Bishop-> Celestia
White Bishop-> Dash
Black Rook-> Applejack
Black Knight-> Trixie

…And so on…

Shipping has now entered the 21st century.

P.S. This is the simple version.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:11AM EST

PopperFett the Mandalore wrote:

Well, my nation just got itself four more years of being screwed over…

I wish I could give a fuck but I’m on the wrong country.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:27AM EST

Lunar Protege wrote:

… Taking advice from Twilitlord, Here’s something sompletely different!

I’m working on a… Overly complex Shipping Chart-thingy. And the basic idea is that each possible romance option is listed along with WHY they might be good together using a Chess piece of a certain color to mark the chart.

The Six relationship types (So far) go:
-Knight (Rivalry)
-Pawn (Companionship)
-Queen (Encouragement)
-King (Leadership)
-Bishop (Educative)
-Rook (Protective)

Breaking it down further is the Black/White Passive/Active Divide: Where White is Active, and fulfills the main function of the relationship; and Black is Passive, being content to enjoy what the other gives and showing their appreciation for the role the white plays, and in some cases where the White is doing their role just cause they enjoy it, the black is receptive to that need.

So from there one can start analysis.

Dash:
White Knight-> Applejack
Black Bishop-> Twilight
White Rook-> Fluttershy
Black Pawn-> Pinkie Pie

Twilight:
Black Bishop-> Celestia
White Bishop-> Dash
Black Rook-> Applejack
Black Knight-> Trixie

…And so on…

Shipping has now entered the 21st century.

P.S. This is the simple version.

I find it interesting that I can now think of Celestia (A near white Princess) as having White Queen romantic feelings for Luna (Being a dark princess) who may have Black Queen romantic feelings for Celestia.

Derp

Nov 07, 2012 at 08:15AM EST

>Season 3 on a Saturday
>Brother’s birthday party is the same day
>Won’t be able to watch any pony
>Have an iPhone
>Have parentally restricted Browser
>Have death-sentence if I download the YouTube app
>Have Facebook app
>Accidentally click on YouTube link someone shared instead of scrolling
>It loads up YouTube directly in Facebook
>Search for pony
>Find it
>Realize that now anywhere with wi-fi is someplace I can watch pony provided I have a link from Facebook to YouTube
>mfw I can watch Season 3 whenever I want

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 09:34AM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 09:33AM EST

@The Obama thing
Romney basically flip-flopped on every issue trying to get the nomination. Obama ain’t pretty, but I’d rather have one who I actually know his views than one that can’t tell the truth for jack-shit
@Disney
Celestia will be best Disney princess. NmM and Chrysalis will be best Disney villains
But we all know that Hasbro will probably hoard all toy sales to themselves, so Disney’s got a tough road ahead
@0Blue’s chess-based shipping
I kinda like it because I love Chess, and that I its not just “they stand next together, they’re lesbians” and that’s it. This actually gives SOMEWHAT of a depth to the pairings

Mandatory Luna
Drawn by this chick
Nice artist, fun to talk to

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:59AM EST

@Election
I’m with Pyro on this one.
Neither was ideal, but I’d rather deal with the devil I know than the one I don’t.

Not that I actually bothered voting anyway.
California isn’t exactly a pivotal state and I really didn’t feel like venturing out yesterday.
I almost wish I had now though, just so I could vote for a good ruler.

@Disney
Most of it has been said already, but I agree with most people saying that I hope this doesn’t happen.
While we would likely get more accurate and prolific official toys and things, there would likely be a much stricter crackdown on the fan content that has really been a driving force in bronydom.
No more Youtube episodes, no more Livestreams, no more plushies, etc, etc.
We’ll just have to wait and see.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Apple Bloom stole my Scootaloo!

(Yes, that is mine, and yes, that day was awesome!)

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 01:20PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 01:05PM EST

Meh, the election results kinda make me sick. Don’t think I’ll be posting a bit until either the iPad app comes out or when Season 3 starts.

Nov 07, 2012 at 01:10PM EST

Oh hey, I almost forgot!
I think I may have a great way of breaking off of this political stuff.
Anyone interested in the BronyCon Documentary set to release next month?
Because I’ve, like, seen it!
Well, technically, I’ve seen most of it.
They are saying that it is approximately 80% done at this point, but there was a special screening at Downtown Disney this past Sunday that I got to go to.

(This was before it started. No pictures of the actual show allowed. ;D )
Overall, I liked it quite a bit.
They did a good job of picking unique and interesting people to follow and stories to tell.
There were some good emotional moments along with plenty of really funny stuff, too.

Anyway, I’ll throw it to you guys.
If anyone is interested, I’ll answer any questions about what is in there as of this moment to the best of my ability.

Nov 07, 2012 at 02:14PM EST

I want to buy a copy of the documentary so I can support it…

But I can’t do so without my parents questioning why I would want to possibly spend money on something like that.

GUYS I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Also, if you don’t think my parents would care, my dad still chews my younger brother out regularly for still liking LEGOs. My Little Pony fandom documentaries would probably meet with a resistance similar to that.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 04:09PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 04:07PM EST

Notices EqD mentions that the app is up. Goes to check and it’s not up. EqD updates that it’s only in the Australian store.

iTunes: Problem?

Me: Sigh

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:45PM EST

aerolyt wrote:

I want to buy a copy of the documentary so I can support it…

But I can’t do so without my parents questioning why I would want to possibly spend money on something like that.

GUYS I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Also, if you don’t think my parents would care, my dad still chews my younger brother out regularly for still liking LEGOs. My Little Pony fandom documentaries would probably meet with a resistance similar to that.

My advice… Don’t even bother trying to explain to them.

Instead, revel in the weirdness until the only thing they can say is “but that’s not normal”.

And at that point you can smile and say that you have genuinely given up on trying to be normal, and don’t want society to dictate the terms of your existence.

It worked for me. My parents were criticizing me all the time in high school for being weird, and they gave up the moment I treated it like a compliment.

Also, it helps that I look like an anime character that just got back from fighting Godzilla; and that even before MLP, my Images Folder has only ever contained about 5 humans.

…if it’s a matter of them thinking it’s immature to watch a children’s show (as opposed to just unusual). Then one can always claim that it takes way more effort to comply to societies’ idea of “Mature” (or even “Manly” in some cases) than it does to be really mature and just do what feels natural, and doing what feels natural without worrying about what others think is the proof of real maturity.

But if it ever becomes emotional. Just remember the golden dagger to any pointless argument…to ask them the most basic question…

“Why do you care about this?”

And whatever their reply you answer with this:

“I don’t care about that.”

-in fact, use that at the first signs of resistance.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:09PM EST

Glorious news! Hasbro reportedly isn’t interested in having any more relations with Disney than they already have!

Stock in the Pawtucket-based toymaker (HAS:Nasdaq) spiked 6.8 percent to $38.66 at the opening bell amid speculation that Disney (DIS:NYSE) was preparing a multi-billion dollar bid for Hasbro.

Hasbro declined comment, citing its policy of not talking about rumor or speculation. CNBC analyst David Faber reported that Hasbro’s advisors told him there’s “absolutely nothing going on that they are aware of at all, in any way, shape or form” involving Hasbro or Disney.
Wall Street analysts said a Disney acquisition didn’t make much sense, just after Disney agreed to buy Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion. And for any deal to happen, Hasbro would have to dissolve agreements with Disney’s competitors.

That’s a relief to some of us no doubt.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:22PM EST

Ashki wrote:

Yay..I guess.

…I mean, really, one should be more excited at finding out that stupid fears are indeed stupid.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 06:08PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 05:48PM EST

@Election
This is pony thread. Pointless to discuss here.

@Buying
Hasbro won’t sell it’s MLP product so easily…
But just imagine MLP show with the Disney technics…

Btw i have an idea community. How about… shipping? Between us? But not randomly captioned images. We will make our pony images. and hugging, kissing each other or something. Just a suggestion..

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 06:21PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 06:19PM EST

@ZeroBlue: Sorry, but my hearts just not into it at the moment.

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:22PM EST

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Oh hey, I almost forgot!
I think I may have a great way of breaking off of this political stuff.
Anyone interested in the BronyCon Documentary set to release next month?
Because I’ve, like, seen it!
Well, technically, I’ve seen most of it.
They are saying that it is approximately 80% done at this point, but there was a special screening at Downtown Disney this past Sunday that I got to go to.

(This was before it started. No pictures of the actual show allowed. ;D )
Overall, I liked it quite a bit.
They did a good job of picking unique and interesting people to follow and stories to tell.
There were some good emotional moments along with plenty of really funny stuff, too.

Anyway, I’ll throw it to you guys.
If anyone is interested, I’ll answer any questions about what is in there as of this moment to the best of my ability.

-Just give me the short version on the documentary.
-How did people respond to your Scootaloo?
-Met any cool bronies? Did lots of brofists? (Asking the last question due to stories I heard from Verbose and Opspe.)
-Good cosplay?
-For just a screening, were there any big names?
-Met KYM bronies? Some who even knew us perhaps?
-Why are your legs so hairy?
-Moar pics!

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 06:44PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 06:41PM EST

Is it just me? Or is MLP getting real dark real quick?

It starts with the relatively harmless Nighmare moon. No big, fix the problem… when you feel like it I guess. Just don’t take longer than a week.

Then there’s Discord. And he’s kinda harmless to life and limb, but he’s going to tear reality appart, and drive every being away from each other. Which is sad.

…And then we have shapeshifting beings that play wih one’s feelings, guilt you, lock you under ground, tie you up in horror sacks of goo, eat your soul, pretend to be your loved ones, and brainwash you.

And now… For spoilers.

King Somber straight up looks like he just murdered Shining Armour in one spoilery clip, that may be taken out of context. He’s confirmed to have enslaved an entire kingdom, and he’s a being of pure malevolence in shadow form. He’s somehow managed to wipe an entire race’s memories, stole their joy, and straight up seems to be trying to overtake Equestria, whole shadowlord style…

And it seems that Twilight could be banished from ponyville by a certain magician she humiliated a while ago.

Equestria is getting really dark now.

…and there seem to be hints that the semi-negative continuity isn’t going to last forever.

Things… could be getting serrious.

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:46PM EST

@Zero

And then those shapeshifting beings were thwarted by the power of loooooove. Dark indeed, I think it’s probably just you

@Chowz

Good lord son, we went over this. Under the unlikely circumstance a buyout happened; regulating what the show writers do would be very, very low on disneys list of priorities.

@Alex

This is pony thread. [Elections are] Pointless to discuss here.

This isn’t just a pony thread. This is KYM Pony General. We are well known for posting about everything except ponies including drugs, politics, religion, warfare, Gravity Falls, etc. It’s been like that from the beginning

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 07:31PM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 07:30PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!