Forums / Media / Video Games

38,591 total conversations in 2,696 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
KYM Pokémon General

Last posted Feb 28, 2019 at 10:07PM EST. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
2498 posts from 224 users

It's time to get your Game Boys out, beg your parents for money, and run around in tall grass.

Pokémon General: Because we don't have enough "Generals" on KYM yet.

Discuss your pokés. Post your pokés. Poke your pokés (please keep the Gardevoir images to a minimum.) If it's Poké, then it goes here.

Some topics to consider:

It's been released in Japan, and it won't take too much longer for it to show up in North America and Europe.

>2012
>Not having a team composed entirely of Girafarig.

Maaaaaaaaaaaan…

Of course, 2nd generation was the best, because you got to travel through 2 regions with Kanto being fully updated. But it can't hurt to figure out which was second best.

This is some serious psychobabble here.

Pokémon weren't meant to fight…not like this…

There's so much more to discuss!

And randomly post!

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 08:45PM EDT

My trainer’s name is Landon because it’s something that’s always stuck with me since I played Ruby because it was one of the given names. Don’t be fooled by them, they have very high levels, the first 4 have Everstones.

I think we all know that 3rd Gen is best Gen. The pokemon that were introduced, the places you get to go and you have hideouts. It doesn't get much better than that.

Time to write.

Anyway, here is my "team" if I had an ideal team.

Braviary
Ampharos
Girafarig
Milotic
Bronzong
Scyther

I never considered making the team particularly great for competitive battling, because I'm not a competitive battler (seeing Ampharos and Girafarig should tell you that.) And my team in White looks similar except I have a Flygon and a Breloom instead of Ampharos and a Girafarig.

As for type, I'd think Water suits me. On the whole, I just go with the flow, and I'm pretty calm usually. I'm fairly easily convinced in most matters, but it doesn't mean I'm a pushover.

Also, if I haven't said before (and if you never noticed:)

Black PokéDex entry:

They fight for their friends without any thought about danger to themselves. One can carry a car while flying.

Without any thought about danger to themselves?

Great Aether

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT

And on-topic I'm considering doing a livestream let's play of Pokemon Diamond,
would any of you want to see that?

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 09:09PM EDT

Seeing as Verbose locked my thread, I'll just this simple question again(Sorry for being annoying.):

What Pokemon would you be?

Again, I would be Sableye:

And you?

@Mexican Andriod

Sorry. I just saw a bunch of pokémon threads, and I didn't want to set a precedent for other general topics to have multiple threads. Nothing against you personally. It was just time to start a pokiemanz thread.

I think I could answer that question (which pokémon would I be) in a couple of ways.

• Which one best suits me as (Verbose)?
  • Which one would I most like to be?

There are a ton of pokémon to consider. That's not an easy question to answer.

I think Flygon would suit me best as who I'm like IRL. I feel like I'm well-balanced physically, socially (better at some times than others), and emotionally. But on the whole, I don't carry as much weight as a Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, or other dragons.

As for which one I'd like to be, I think Crobat might be the best for me. Again, I like to be able to do just about anything, so balance would be important to me (and Crobat has pretty balanced stats.) I also like to be able to move around without a whole bunch of fuss and being active at night when…there isn't a whole bunch of fuss.

Also, when I was going through that, I was looking mostly at flying pokémon or pokémon that could fly. It's pretty cliché, but I'd take the ability to fly if I could.

@Verbose

It's cool. It's just I came to KYM a couple of hours later and saw my threads locked. I thought there was some kind of flame war or something. Thanks for saying.

I'll also explain why I would be Sableye(I'm think i'm becoming too narcissistic about this whole pokemon thing.):

It sorta shows how I'm annoying, sneaky, greedy yet always smiling and trying to be nice IRL.

Or that's what I think, at least. I'm going too philosophical.

What Pokemon would you be?

Isn't it obvious?

Pokemon Yellow was the first game I owned, and I was a big fan of the anime as a kid, so I have a certain fondness for the electric rodent.

Despite Pokemon making up approximately 50% of my childhood, I'm actually way behind on my Pokemanz. I've only played Yellow and Pearl, and so the only Pokemon I'm actually familiar with is Gen 1 and a few from some others.

I've gotten the 8th badge on White, ugh, now I just have to get through Victory Road and the Elite 4, but I did it on Black, so I can do it again.

I'm really looking forward to Black/White 2 though.

Now what Pokemon would I be?

Though Growlithe or Vulpix would be as awesome as well.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

Speaking of Flygon, why the hell does it evolve from Vibrava instead of Shelgon? That makes no sense at all and defeats the entire pattern they were setting up with Bagon (which wanted to fly!).

Well, Bagon does evolve into Salamence, and Salamence learns Fly right as it evolves, I think. So that makes sense. In terms of naming, I couldn't tell ya. My guess is that the suffix "-gon" is from "dragon," so most dragons have a chance of being named "Xgon" or something with "dra-" in it.

Seadra
Kingdra
Dragonite
Dragonair
Dratini
Flygon
Bagon

But Flygon always looked like a bug to me, which makes its pre-evoled states reasonable to me.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 01:19AM EDT

I think I would be an Eevee. I have multiple personalities. Around my family I'm this quiet person, that doesn't really stray from the average(Eevee). Around friends I'm this rowdy Irish motha fu*a, that'll go to the mall and run around the store having sword fights with his friends(Flareon). Around close friends I can be the most depressing person ever(Umbreon). When I have writers block I get either extremely angry, or sad(Jolteon). Around people I truly love, I become this extremely loyal, mushy, but firm person(Espeon). At beaches or pools, I'm always the first one in the water. I taught myself at the age of 2 how to swim without any floaties, and I've always had a natural connection to water(Vaporeon). I also find that I thrive when it's cold(Glaceon). I also thrive in nature, give me a serene forest, and any instrument, and I'll connect with the surroundings, and produce beautiful music(Leafeon).

I truly, however, find myself closest to the Umbreon. I seem to stand like a rock. I don't show my feelings in public, and I am extremely affectionate, but I never show it. I tend to stay in the dark when in social situations, unless I'm around close friends. However, like the humble Umbreon, I shine in the dark. I always have input on a subject, no matter how afraid I am to say it.

What I'm basically trying to say, is that while I'm normally the most like Umbreon, I do find that I can't use only one pokemon to describe who I am, because I don't really know exactly which I am yet. Like a young Eevee, there's still a far journey ahead of me, and I've yet to discover which one I will be.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 01:23AM EDT

@Mexican Andriod

Along with Verbose, I would also be Flygon, if given the chance. I mean look at him.

Also, I still haven't managed to beat the Elite Four on White. I'm going to get myself to do so before BW2 is released on October.

Ugh, the worst thing about Black and White are Black City and White Forest. I'd like to know who thought that time limit thing was a good idea.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 01:44AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

Well, Bagon does evolve into Salamence, and Salamence learns Fly right as it evolves, I think. So that makes sense. In terms of naming, I couldn't tell ya. My guess is that the suffix "-gon" is from "dragon," so most dragons have a chance of being named "Xgon" or something with "dra-" in it.

Seadra
Kingdra
Dragonite
Dragonair
Dratini
Flygon
Bagon

But Flygon always looked like a bug to me, which makes its pre-evoled states reasonable to me.

Flygon itself is reasonable, and an incredibly badass pokemon. It's just the name that bugs me (get it? bugs? it's not even a bug type at all harharhar).

Hmmm, I'm not sure what pokemon I'd be, at least in terms of personality. But it would be bloody awesome being a Whimsicott.

It's so kawaii and seemingly harmless, but an absolute bitch to fight against. Just like me IRL <3

Black and White 2 seem really interesting, half the locations have been scrapped, leaving all the legends to just wander around the usual paths, There's a pokemon tournament in which you battle every Gym leader and every Champion (and Red) from every region and there are a few more version exclusives.

Obligatory thought's of what I think the Mods would look like if they were pokemons. BECAUSE I CAN:

Chris:

Verbose:

RandomMan:

(Funny that I chose that instead of the plenty full of fluffy pokemons out there)

Twenty-One wrote:

Black and White 2 seem really interesting, half the locations have been scrapped, leaving all the legends to just wander around the usual paths, There's a pokemon tournament in which you battle every Gym leader and every Champion (and Red) from every region and there are a few more version exclusives.

Ah yes, the World Tournament. To bad while you can access it after the Driftviel Gym, I don't think you can access the previous Gym Leaders and Champions until post game.

@RandomMan

Fuck the whole implying bullshit. RandomMan, your already cute enough as it is. Don't over-shadow people with your cuteness

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 02:54PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

WHY HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF MAKING ONE OF THESE BEFORE?

There was always this one thing that I found uncanny.

Coincidence? I think not.

cough cough

As for me, this is my team:

I don't really have a favorite generation, only my favorite Pokemon within the entire canon. I do dream of the day that a game has released with access to every single region, though.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 03:54PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Obligatory thought's of what I think the Mods would look like if they were pokemons. BECAUSE I CAN:

Chris:

Verbose:

RandomMan:

(Funny that I chose that instead of the plenty full of fluffy pokemons out there)

There are more mods than those three.

Ashki wrote:

Heh, I just posted it since Random has been associated with rabbits quite a bit, besides, I don't think he'd mind, he's cool like that.

I do mind it man.

I'm gonna ban you both for it.

Fo realz yo.

Look at this face and tell me I'm not fucking serious.

Because The King and stuff.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 04:25PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

There are more mods than those three.

Sorry, Mr. Brawler. It's just the most frequent mods I see here are these 3 so please don't judge. I would like, however, if you told how many mods i'm missing.

Oh and this is you.

Mexx Android wrote:

Sorry, Mr. Brawler. It's just the most frequent mods I see here are these 3 so please don't judge. I would like, however, if you told how many mods i'm missing.

Oh and this is you.

The only ones I remember off the top of my head that are still active are Oclaf, Cyber6x, Platus, Tomberry, and sort of Doc.

Mexx Android wrote:

Oh and this is you.

Captain Blubber

Frketson
Horseeater
Blah-tan
Tomberry
Jostin Asuncion
Fandroid
Mellow

Watcher (No longer has mod powers, reason unknown)

Chris
Ogreenworld
Trick Lobo
Doc

Sav
Drpepperfan
Brucker
Jack Candle
fuckyeahalbuquerque

RandomMan
Cyber6x
Hiroman
Syndic (Returned mod powers and deactivated account)
00CLANK

Mona_jpn (Unoffical mod, was never announced)

Verbose
Platus
Teh Brawler
Mister J
Oclaf
Octapus

Do keep in mind that a lot of these are inactive.

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

The only ones I remember off the top of my head that are still active are Oclaf, Cyber6x, Platus, Tomberry, and sort of Doc.

Tomberry:

Oclaf:

Before I continue, is Amanda a mod?
Edit:Fuck it I'm adding her.

Amanda:

Last edited Jul 09, 2012 at 04:28PM EDT

Namaste! You must login or signup first!