Forums / General

191,092 total conversations in 5,240 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
KYM Pokémon General

Last posted Apr 14, 2014 at 08:00PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
1,556 conversations with 129 participants

Just in case people were unaware (rock dwellers, lul), the Pokemon Global Link for X and Y is up and running. There are still features missing that will be implemented soon, but you can still access your profile, logbook, PokeMileage shop, etc.

If you don’t have a profile on here, I highly recommend creating one. It serves as a useful compliment to your game.

Also, the old Pokemon Global Link will be shut down in a few months. If you’ve got any 5th Generation games, I suggest linking them to it. There are many Pokemon with Hidden Abilities to be had through its use, and not much time left to use it.


Page get for great justice.

Even if cosplay isn’t your thing, you’ve gotta admit this is the bee’s knees.

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 05:01PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 04:52PM EDT
Quote

CrouchingSloth wrote:

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody who has the fire Friend safari zone could send me their friend code. I really want Larvesta, as I (stupidly) skipped out on Black and White, and I absolutely need the Pokemon equivalent of Mothra. My friend code is 485464670863.

I recently beat the Elite 4, and I’m thinking of trying out the Masuda Method now. One of my friends managed to get a shiny Goomy with it after about six boxes of the slimy little guy. Helps that he got a Japanese Ditto in a Wonder Trade (the lucky bastard).

My friend has a Larvesta in his safari. If you want me to catch one, just pm me.

Nov 01, 2013 at 05:38PM EDT
Quote

Possible other new releases as well.


Also, in promotion of thread teamwork, here’s a list of all the Pokemon I can catch in friend safari’s. If you see something of your interest, just notify me. I did leave out the uninteresting crap though:

  • Tropius
  • Teddyursa
  • Ditto
  • Drowzee
  • Paras
  • Combee
  • Masquerain
  • Kirlea
  • Jigglypuff
  • Boldore
  • Pupitar
  • Loudret
  • Sandscrew
  • Nincada
  • Gastrodon
  • Mawile
  • Scarmory
  • Bronzong
  • Pikachu
  • Zebstrika
  • Spheal
  • Sneasel
Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 05:57PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 05:41PM EDT
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Possible other new releases as well.


Also, in promotion of thread teamwork, here’s a list of all the Pokemon I can catch in friend safari’s. If you see something of your interest, just notify me. I did leave out the uninteresting crap though:

  • Tropius
  • Teddyursa
  • Ditto
  • Drowzee
  • Paras
  • Combee
  • Masquerain
  • Kirlea
  • Jigglypuff
  • Boldore
  • Pupitar
  • Loudret
  • Sandscrew
  • Nincada
  • Gastrodon
  • Mawile
  • Scarmory
  • Bronzong
  • Pikachu
  • Zebstrika
  • Spheal
  • Sneasel

>Mega Latios
>Latios and Latias were already overpowered
>really good bro-tier latios on black 2 cartridge

I can’t wait for Pokebank.

Nov 01, 2013 at 06:05PM EDT
Quote

Just like RandomMan, I’ve compiled a list of the Pokemon I can currently access via Friend Safari. I have put this list on my profile and will keep it up to date there.

Flying:

  • Woobat
  • Spearow
  • Farfetch’d
  • Tropius

Ice:

  • Delibird
  • Bergmite
  • Cloyster

Normal:

  • Lillipup
  • Kecleon

Fighting:

  • Machoke
  • Sawk
  • Mienfoo
  • Pancham

Rock:

  • Boldore
  • Magcargo
  • Rhydon
  • Dwebble
  • Barbaracle
  • Pupitar

Psychic:

  • Munna
  • Espurr

Bug:

  • Combee
  • Masquerain
  • Vivillon

Steel:

  • Mawile
  • Skarmory
  • Bronzong

Ground:

  • Sandshrew
  • Nincada
  • Gastrodon (West Sea)
  • Wooper

Fire:

  • Magmar
  • Pyroar
  • Fletchinder

Fairy:

  • Dedenne
  • Spritzee
  • Swirlix
Nov 01, 2013 at 06:40PM EDT
Quote

To be honest, I’m skeptical of these leaks. Particularly Mega Lati@s: they look EXACTLY the same. Them blending colors I can understand, but considering their gender divergence was enough to make them into separate species, I highly doubt that GF would be so lazy as to make their Mega Evolution identical.
Also that safari list thing is a good idea: I’ll add mine to my profile too.

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 06:48PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 06:42PM EDT
Quote

Guess i’ll post my safari finds as well, more info and updates will be posted on my profile.

Poison:

  • Seviper
  • Whirlipede
  • Garbodor
  • Gloom
  • Swalot
  • Ariados

Ground:

  • Wooper
  • Nincada
  • Palpitoad
  • Dugtrio
  • Phanpy
  • Marowak
  • Gastrodon (West Sea)
  • Sandshrew
  • Diggersby

Ghost:

  • Lampent
  • Golurk
  • Phantump

Normal:

  • Teddiursa
  • Minccino
  • Audino
  • Lillipup

Electric:

  • Stunfisk
  • Dedenne
  • Luxio
  • Pachirisu
  • Electabuzz

Ice:

  • Spheal
  • Sneasel
  • Bergmite
  • Snorunt
  • Snover
  • Piloswine
  • Beartic

Psychic:

  • Drowzee
  • Wobbuffet
  • Espurr
  • Gothorita
  • Munna
  • Zatu
  • Sigilyph

Dragon:

  • Gabite
  • Shelgon

Fire:

  • Ponyta
  • Pyroar
  • Magmar
  • Ninetales
  • Pansear
  • Charmeleon

Rock:

  • Dwebble
  • Onix
  • Magcargo
  • Nosepass
  • Pupitar

Fairy:

  • Kirlia
  • Swirlix

Dark:

  • Cacturne
  • Vullaby

Grass:

  • Tangela
  • Gogoat
  • Petilil
  • Ivysaur
  • Oddish
  • Gloom

Water:

  • Krabby
  • Gyarados

Flying:

  • Spearow
  • Swanna
  • Fletchinder

Steel:

  • Beldum
Nov 01, 2013 at 11:33PM EDT
Quote

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/topic/13565-warning-wonder-trade-mysterybad-eggs-in-pokemon-xy/

So theres another game breaking bug in X/Y. They are called mystery eggs. Apparently the people who managed to hack their games and catch the “legendaries” have been able to trade them off. But people who get them dont get the pokemon, they get the Mystery Egg, which is what Bad Eggs were in previous games.

So TRY not to use wonder trade until a patch is released.

Last edited Nov 02, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT
Nov 02, 2013 at 12:19AM EDT
Quote

Calkarot wrote:

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/topic/13565-warning-wonder-trade-mysterybad-eggs-in-pokemon-xy/

So theres another game breaking bug in X/Y. They are called mystery eggs. Apparently the people who managed to hack their games and catch the “legendaries” have been able to trade them off. But people who get them dont get the pokemon, they get the Mystery Egg, which is what Bad Eggs were in previous games.

So TRY not to use wonder trade until a patch is released.

And I had just unloaded about 2 whole boxes of Pinsir into Wonder Trade earlier today. Scary to think that your file can get fucked over by some random asshole (well, a bigger asshole than the people who give you Route 2 Pokemon anyway).

Last edited Nov 02, 2013 at 12:43AM EDT
Nov 02, 2013 at 12:42AM EDT
Quote

Hmm…

I’m looking at those lists of Types above and I don’t know what you’re all talking about… But its reminding me of a certain Dilemma I have.

To keep my PC boxes relatively easy to find any given Pokemon, I have to organize them by Type except in cases where there’s a theme such as Legendaries or Starters (Which there are enough to almost fill entire boxes on their own, though Legendaries and Starters sets could have shared one at one point.) And then within the boxes I tend to organize by splitting the box into two columns of a width of three, and in general each generation taking up one row of them starting with the first column going down. This generation it goes back up to the top of the next one but in previous gens I could use the other half of the box to fit both Starters and Legendary Trios in one Box.

…Anyways so far Organizing by type has left me with my most filled and totally packed boxes being Water and Normal, and assuming there’s more than what I have so far, it could spill out and need more for each. And even as it is, its kinda required a large shift in how I organize it for those boxes, since a single generation could take up several rows and start making the otherwise neat system a little messy.

…Of course, I won’t whether I need extra boxes until we get access to the Pokemon we’re missing, but it seems like it might happen.

Now would probably be a good time to ask if you have this particular need to organize the PC Boxes.

(Obvious answer… Yes. I have no idea how someone could even see a particular Pokemon they know they have in the a unorganized mess of a non sorted PC Box System.)

Nov 02, 2013 at 03:45AM EDT
Quote

Calkarot wrote:

http://nintendo3dscommunity.com/topic/13565-warning-wonder-trade-mysterybad-eggs-in-pokemon-xy/

So theres another game breaking bug in X/Y. They are called mystery eggs. Apparently the people who managed to hack their games and catch the “legendaries” have been able to trade them off. But people who get them dont get the pokemon, they get the Mystery Egg, which is what Bad Eggs were in previous games.

So TRY not to use wonder trade until a patch is released.

Appreciate the heads up. I’ll avoid Wonder Trading until they come up with a fix for this.

So that’s two game-breaking glitches so far.

If it were any other game I’d probably be pissed.

But you know what? This game is worth it.

Nov 02, 2013 at 03:49AM EDT
Quote

Sad to hear about the Mystery Eggs. Most of my gameplay has just been trading with others over Wonder Trade for Pokedex completion and giving others Pokerus.

I haven’t gone far so the highlight of the game so far is capturing a Venipede

Last edited Nov 02, 2013 at 10:55AM EDT
Nov 02, 2013 at 10:54AM EDT
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Hmm…

I’m looking at those lists of Types above and I don’t know what you’re all talking about… But its reminding me of a certain Dilemma I have.

To keep my PC boxes relatively easy to find any given Pokemon, I have to organize them by Type except in cases where there’s a theme such as Legendaries or Starters (Which there are enough to almost fill entire boxes on their own, though Legendaries and Starters sets could have shared one at one point.) And then within the boxes I tend to organize by splitting the box into two columns of a width of three, and in general each generation taking up one row of them starting with the first column going down. This generation it goes back up to the top of the next one but in previous gens I could use the other half of the box to fit both Starters and Legendary Trios in one Box.

…Anyways so far Organizing by type has left me with my most filled and totally packed boxes being Water and Normal, and assuming there’s more than what I have so far, it could spill out and need more for each. And even as it is, its kinda required a large shift in how I organize it for those boxes, since a single generation could take up several rows and start making the otherwise neat system a little messy.

…Of course, I won’t whether I need extra boxes until we get access to the Pokemon we’re missing, but it seems like it might happen.

Now would probably be a good time to ask if you have this particular need to organize the PC Boxes.

(Obvious answer… Yes. I have no idea how someone could even see a particular Pokemon they know they have in the a unorganized mess of a non sorted PC Box System.)

My friends were talking about PC organization the other day: I’m apparently the only one in the group who organizes PC boxes without doing it by type. Dual-types make it too messy IMO. I sort them by “category” mainly, such as foreign Pokemon, Pokemon I plan to/have used to fight/play the main game with, breeding rejects, etc.

Nov 02, 2013 at 02:48PM EDT
Quote

Jyron Stone wrote:

To be honest, I’m skeptical of these leaks. Particularly Mega Lati@s: they look EXACTLY the same. Them blending colors I can understand, but considering their gender divergence was enough to make them into separate species, I highly doubt that GF would be so lazy as to make their Mega Evolution identical.
Also that safari list thing is a good idea: I’ll add mine to my profile too.

>GameFreak
>Lazy

Pick both.

Nov 02, 2013 at 03:51PM EDT
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

>GameFreak
>Lazy

Pick both.

GF can’t be lazy when they screw over various Pokemon with shocking precision.

Nov 02, 2013 at 05:31PM EDT
Quote

Jyron Stone wrote:

GF can’t be lazy when they screw over various Pokemon with shocking precision.

Wow.

I crown this King Zing.

Seriously, Spinda. Get your shit together.

Nov 02, 2013 at 06:25PM EDT
Quote

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67697716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkey2Bj_3uo

So it looks like the Mystery/Bad Egg thing was a bit of a misconception. It is either a VERY RARE glitch that happens during Wonder Trading, or is simply a sign that the some hardware or other is borked. Wonder Trade is almost surely safe (I only say almost because I don’t fully understand all this due to being a dumb).

Nov 03, 2013 at 11:32PM EST
Quote

Jyron Stone wrote:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67697716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkey2Bj_3uo

So it looks like the Mystery/Bad Egg thing was a bit of a misconception. It is either a VERY RARE glitch that happens during Wonder Trading, or is simply a sign that the some hardware or other is borked. Wonder Trade is almost surely safe (I only say almost because I don’t fully understand all this due to being a dumb).

Now I just have to ask myself if it’s worth the risk to Wonder Trade again until we get an official acknowledgement from Nintendo.

It may be a very slim chance that I get a Mystery Egg, but I caught a shiny Vanillite last week without any sort of method to improve the odds.

Anything can happen. Is it really worth it?

Nov 04, 2013 at 02:54AM EST
Quote

I find it very interesting that every generation that the English dub of the anime gets closer, and closer with the japanese dub.

Like with Saphire, and Ruby they showed the first episode or two MONTHS before it came out.
The Diamond and Pearl was a month or two.
Not sure with black and white.

But, Here you Go the English Dub of the X, and Y anime.

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:15AM EST
Quote

If that’s the first episode I may actually have to watch this series. Clemont’s Gym for best Gym.

Nov 04, 2013 at 05:30PM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Hmm…

I’m looking at those lists of Types above and I don’t know what you’re all talking about… But its reminding me of a certain Dilemma I have.

To keep my PC boxes relatively easy to find any given Pokemon, I have to organize them by Type except in cases where there’s a theme such as Legendaries or Starters (Which there are enough to almost fill entire boxes on their own, though Legendaries and Starters sets could have shared one at one point.) And then within the boxes I tend to organize by splitting the box into two columns of a width of three, and in general each generation taking up one row of them starting with the first column going down. This generation it goes back up to the top of the next one but in previous gens I could use the other half of the box to fit both Starters and Legendary Trios in one Box.

…Anyways so far Organizing by type has left me with my most filled and totally packed boxes being Water and Normal, and assuming there’s more than what I have so far, it could spill out and need more for each. And even as it is, its kinda required a large shift in how I organize it for those boxes, since a single generation could take up several rows and start making the otherwise neat system a little messy.

…Of course, I won’t whether I need extra boxes until we get access to the Pokemon we’re missing, but it seems like it might happen.

Now would probably be a good time to ask if you have this particular need to organize the PC Boxes.

(Obvious answer… Yes. I have no idea how someone could even see a particular Pokemon they know they have in the a unorganized mess of a non sorted PC Box System.)

I try to keep Pokémon of the same species together, though I keep a separate box for my best ’mons and the ’mons I think have potential (for instance, a nature that gels well with their stats – Adamant Karrablast, Modest Frillish, Careful Onix, Impish Skorupi, that sort of stuff.

I’m just hoping to someday get a male Jolly Dragonite with Multiscale.

Last edited Nov 04, 2013 at 06:23PM EST
Nov 04, 2013 at 06:15PM EST
Quote

Luigifan wrote:

I try to keep Pokémon of the same species together, though I keep a separate box for my best ’mons and the ’mons I think have potential (for instance, a nature that gels well with their stats – Adamant Karrablast, Modest Frillish, Careful Onix, Impish Skorupi, that sort of stuff.

I’m just hoping to someday get a male Jolly Dragonite with Multiscale.

I tend to sort my Pokemon by type. Each type gets its own box.

I also have boxes for my utility Pokemon (HM slaves, Sweet Scent users, Sticky Hold/Suction Cups users), my EV trained Pokemon, the Pokemon I plan on EV training, and any unhatched Eggs I happen to have.

Organization is my weakness.

Nov 04, 2013 at 06:57PM EST
Quote

Post your best battle videos!
ERFG WWWW WWW2 GNPP
I know he only had three of his pokemon, but i am so proud that Sylveon was able to take them all out by itself.

Nov 04, 2013 at 07:16PM EST
Quote

Well then… I raised this team just to fight my Girlfriend. So this isn’t my team at all.

XVWW-WWWW-WWW2-GS34

Nov 04, 2013 at 09:49PM EST
Quote

me when doing online battles during the day.

me when doing online battles at night when the incredibly skilled Japanese people are awake.

ᴼᴺᴱ ᴴᵁᴺᴰᴿᴱᴰ ᴴᴼᵁᴿˢ ᴵᴺ ᴹᴵᶜᴿᴼˢᴼᶠᵀ ᴾᴬᴵᴺᵀ

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:04AM EST
Quote

I prefer fighting those crazy-good people, cuz it gets tiring fighting people like this all day: TW3W-WWWW-WWW2-Y8QV
That match was a random passerby that challenged me during a Super Singles run at the Battle Maison. This was the fight that occurred immediately after that video: D7XW-WWWW-WWW2-Y8R8. Needless to say that my jimmies went into SUPREME OVERRUSTLE. Especially when I learned retroactively that I was fucked even had I not done goofed with my Mega Pinsir.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 02:29AM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 02:20AM EST
Quote

@Doshan

I love how beastly Azumarril turned out to be. Up till about a week ago I never thought I’d use one and now he’s destroying everything in the battle mansion.

Nov 06, 2013 at 11:36AM EST
Quote

I can’t… stop the tears flowing!

(Image courtesy of Ann BTW)

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 02:14PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 02:13PM EST
Quote

Luigifan wrote:

“Anymore”?

>Links to Smogon

We can’t be friends anymore.
 
I’d probably be more competitive if the competition wasn’t so…mean.

I couldn’t talk to the people in my college’s anime club. Even though we shared a lot of the same interests, those guys were just plain jerks. I can deal with a somewhat to very awkward person, but the people who are super competitive would be the type that would rag on your team on a dozen, separate occasions for 10 minutes at a time or would have their day ruined by having their Garchomp beaten with a critical hit from an Ice Beam by a Delibird with a Quick Claw.
 
Smogon reminds me of those people. You have two or three sets (or just one.) And you are an idiot if you don’t.

All you have to say about Spinda is that it has 60’s in Base Stats across the board, and the lack of love should be evident.

As I expected before looking:

A few strange gimmick Pokemon have been made by Game Freak over the course of five generations of Pokemon: Castform was meant to showcase then-new weather moves and abilities, Unown was made to furnish the Ruins of Alph and create a mildly inconvenient form of code writing, Smeargle could learn every move but had pitiful stats with which to do so, and Plusle and Minun were Pikachu clones meant to represent double battles. At the very least, such Pokemon served a purpose, no matter how contrived. In comparison, Spinda seems extremely random, if you pardon the pun. It’s a Pokemon with a variable sprite based on PID and… that’s about it. Spinda is, to put it bluntly, a terrible Pokemon. No matter what it tries to do, it will always be held back by its abysmal stats, nearly matched by such fearsome monsters as Farfetch’d and Snorunt. For some strange reason, Game Freak had the urge to polish one of their turds and released Spinda in the Dream World with Superpower--a move Spinda literally cannot learn in any other way--to go with Contrary, allowing it to effectively gain a Bulk Up boost upon launching off a strong Fighting-type attack. Sadly, Game Freak paused the process and, evidently, forgot about it--Spinda cannot learn Superpower in BW2, which means that the surprisingly decent combination of Baton Pass, Rapid Spin, and Superpower remains illegal. In the meantime, Spinda remains a mangled mess, a useless piece of junk that nobody is ever meant to use, simply a remnant of Game Freak’s caprice.
Alakazam has had an interesting run throughout the generations, but rest assured, his place in OU this generation is as stable as his mustache is amazing. Alakazam has always had amazing Speed and Special Attack, but he received a boon with his new Dream World ability: Magic Guard. With this new ability, Alakazam has turned into one of the best revenge killers in the tier, and is a threat every team must account for. Not all is bright and peachy for Alakazam however, as the new generation did nothing to improve his pitiful bulk and shallow movepool. In addition, it often struggles breaking past some of the most common Pokemon in OU, especially Scizor and bulky Steel-types. Despite these flaws, one thing is for sure--all male Jellicent are incredibly jealous of Alakazam’s great mustache.

They spent more time insulting Spinda than praising Alakazam. If you really shouldn’t be using Spinda, then why not spend more effort on talking about a Pokémon people are using and are probably preparing for?
 
 
Because Smogon is comprised of ducks, that’s why.
 
They’re all ducks.

▲ Smogon ▲

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 09:05PM EST
Nov 06, 2013 at 09:03PM EST
Quote

@Verbose

I agree wholeheartedly. Smogon is full of duckheads. The only reason I even visit that site is because their guides, while based entirely on Smogon tiers (which don’t always work in Wi-Fi), can sometimes prove to be useful in giving you a starting point to craft your own sets.

Their elitist attitude is kind of paradoxical, if you ask me. Their theorycrafting is entirely based on their own tier system that has little to do with the game, and yet they act like they’re the leading authority on all things Pokemon. I will not deny that their guides have proven useful, but they are not Shigeru’s gift to the people. Many of the sets are constructed to specifically work in a Smogon environment, and flat-out fail in Wi-Fi and official Pokemon competitions.

If you enjoy Smogon tours and are awesome at it, that’s fine.

But don’t act like you know Pokemon.

While we’re on this topic…

Their Farfetch’d guide made me chuckle, and I don’t feel bad like I feel bad about Spinda because I hate Farfetch’d.


About Spinda in general…

You know I love Spinda, Verbose.

But he’s just not very good :c

It breaks my heart how much Smogon rubs it in ;_;

They were pretty spot on about how Game Freak is being a total jerk to Spinda, but they didn’t have to be so… mean…


In other news…

>Playing Pokemon in bed at 1 AM on a night that I have morning classes.
>Accomplish a lot.
>Get my Growlithe to level 45, max out my Flareon’s Affection, earn a bunch of cash from the Battle Chateau, etc.
>Press Home button on my 3DS to suspend software and check online to see if Growlithe learns anything beyond Flare Blitz.
>He doesn’t. Evolving time, then bed.
>Press Home button again to get to the Home screen and resume my game.
>3DS gets stuck on loading screen.
>I haven’t saved and just lost 3 hours worth of work.
>I just stayed up until 4 AM on a school night for no damn reason.
>Actual photo of my face when:

Joshua Owens says: “Save your game.”

A PSA brought to you by Owens and Friends.

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 01:01PM EST
Nov 07, 2013 at 12:38PM EST
Quote

You know… With all the sudden new focus on Stat based gameplay such as EV/Super Training and Breeding… I have to ask why I would focus on certain stats at all.

For example, with a Pokemon that can learn a wide variety of move types and is a high level, I can pretty much just focus on Speed and Special Attack, and wind up defeating the elite four with only one leveled pokemon… While the rest in the team are Pokemon that are being leveled for the sake of Evolution for more Pokedex Entries.

…Hmm…

That reminds me, the only Pokemon left that I can’t get on my own without Restarting my other game is Moltres… And that may take a while… A long while.

Sigh… Maybe later. I’ve got some other stuff to do before I feel comfortable going through all that A THIRD TIME just for a single Pokemon.

Too bad nobody on GTS thinks a Zygarde is a worthy trade for a Moltres. Considering I have two Zygarde.

Nov 08, 2013 at 01:08PM EST
Quote

FRIEND CODES. TRADE THEM!

also
>not having 548 def Steelix as physicall wall
>gen 5 + 1
>ishiggydiggy

Nov 09, 2013 at 12:44AM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

FRIEND CODES. TRADE THEM!

also
>not having 548 def Steelix as physicall wall
>gen 5 + 1
>ishiggydiggy

>not having a team full of walls with protect, wish, and leftovers to make your opponent want to tear their eyes out
>not making a battle last 94 turns with shuckle
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokemonhispano-pokebankoubeta-8474
you don’t fuckle with shuckle

But yeah my code is 2750-1204-1320 for anyone who wants to add me. Fuck, add me if you don’t want to, i need friend safaris.

Nov 09, 2013 at 01:06PM EST
Quote

Doshan wrote:

>not having a team full of walls with protect, wish, and leftovers to make your opponent want to tear their eyes out
>not making a battle last 94 turns with shuckle
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokemonhispano-pokebankoubeta-8474
you don’t fuckle with shuckle

But yeah my code is 2750-1204-1320 for anyone who wants to add me. Fuck, add me if you don’t want to, i need friend safaris.

94 turns

Lol noob.

Nov 09, 2013 at 02:48PM EST
Quote

Um… Just noticed something…

Why does Pokemon X/Y have graphics that are worse than the stuff they already had on other 3D(S) applications?

I’d love to say my opinion on this, but it would make me sound like a infuriated mad man. Sorry.

Nov 09, 2013 at 11:19PM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Um… Just noticed something…

Why does Pokemon X/Y have graphics that are worse than the stuff they already had on other 3D(S) applications?

I’d love to say my opinion on this, but it would make me sound like a infuriated mad man. Sorry.

Because all of the resources in Pokedex 3D Pro are dedicated to the graphics. Since Pokemon X and Y are actual games, they have to distribute resources differently. There could also be a number of technical reasons for why they had to settle with lower quality textures and models.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 12:34AM EST
Nov 10, 2013 at 12:33AM EST
Quote

Lunar Protege wrote:

Um… Just noticed something…

Why does Pokemon X/Y have graphics that are worse than the stuff they already had on other 3D(S) applications?

I’d love to say my opinion on this, but it would make me sound like a infuriated mad man. Sorry.

>Pokemon
>Graphics
>Really?

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:51AM EST
Quote

>Before XY were released, planning team
>Decide to use Azumarill to take advantage of its shiny new Fairy type
>Catch an Azurill early on
>Huge Power and an attack boosting nature (Naughty), awwwwww yis
>Play through the game with it, easily the best Poke on my team
>Total bro-tier
>Finish the game
>Decide I want to breed a Marill with Aqua Jet and an Adamant nature, as well as 31 attack IVs
>Get Azumarill’s IVs checked to see if it would be a good parent for breeding
>It has 31 IVs in attack, defense, special attack and special defense
>Mfw

Too bad it took me fucking forever to get an Adamant male Floatzel with Aqua Jet.

Last edited Nov 12, 2013 at 02:18PM EST
Nov 12, 2013 at 02:16PM EST
Quote

Owens, DJ's Assistant wrote:

Because all of the resources in Pokedex 3D Pro are dedicated to the graphics. Since Pokemon X and Y are actual games, they have to distribute resources differently. There could also be a number of technical reasons for why they had to settle with lower quality textures and models.

Also it should be noted that while Pokedex 3D Pro has better resolution, X and Y have more movements for the models. Meaning the models in Pokedex 3D Pro could only do one type of showing off while X and Y could act out the moves and react in Pokémon Amie.

Nov 12, 2013 at 03:55PM EST
Quote

Ann Hiro wrote:

I find it very interesting that every generation that the English dub of the anime gets closer, and closer with the japanese dub.

Like with Saphire, and Ruby they showed the first episode or two MONTHS before it came out.
The Diamond and Pearl was a month or two.
Not sure with black and white.

But, Here you Go the English Dub of the X, and Y anime.

Holy animation value batman. The new season must have the budget of a small African country. I’m might have to keep watching this if the quality keeps up.

Nov 12, 2013 at 05:25PM EST
Quote

404 user not found wrote:

Holy animation value batman. The new season must have the budget of a small African country. I’m might have to keep watching this if the quality keeps up.

Each episode is movie quality.
And I believe the team that worked on Pokemon the Origin is working on this season.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:26PM EST
Quote

>6:42 in the YouTube link
>Meowstic
>Smiling

...They are flirting with the natural order of things, I see.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:53PM EST
Quote

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m making out like a bandit in the shiny department. This is the third shiny I’ve manage to snag this generation, and the second I’ve obtained this generation without any methods.

This time I was breeding a Marill to create one of those nasty Azumarill sweepers I keep hearing about, and this thing pops out of my egg.

I did not use the Masuda method. The parents were both native to my game.

Freshly hatched, before EV training:

After EV training and evolution:

Golden Azumarill is best Azumarill.

I was going for Adamant nature, but the nature it has doesn’t impact it’s performance in any negative way. Also has Huge Power (thank goodness), so I can actually use this thing in Wi-Fi without feeling like a scrub!

Totally worth staying up until 5 AM.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 05:42AM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 05:33AM EST
Quote

Owens, DJ's Assistant wrote:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m making out like a bandit in the shiny department. This is the third shiny I’ve manage to snag this generation, and the second I’ve obtained this generation without any methods.

This time I was breeding a Marill to create one of those nasty Azumarill sweepers I keep hearing about, and this thing pops out of my egg.

I did not use the Masuda method. The parents were both native to my game.

Freshly hatched, before EV training:

After EV training and evolution:

Golden Azumarill is best Azumarill.

I was going for Adamant nature, but the nature it has doesn’t impact it’s performance in any negative way. Also has Huge Power (thank goodness), so I can actually use this thing in Wi-Fi without feeling like a scrub!

Totally worth staying up until 5 AM.

>Aqua Tail instead of Waterfall
>Superpower instead of Play Rough

Nov 13, 2013 at 04:33PM EST
Quote

Philip J. Fry wrote:

>Aqua Tail instead of Waterfall
>Superpower instead of Play Rough

Hehe, don’t worry, I’m not that terrible.

He’s only level 23 and hasn’t had a chance to learn Play Rough yet. I plan on swapping out Super Power as soon as he gets it.

As for Aqua Tail, it’s just something he picked up from leveling that I just slapped over Body Slam. I had planned on replacing it with Waterfall, just haven’t bothered yet because I’m too lazy to open my TM pocket :P


In other news…

Talonflame is overpowered as fuck.

Last edited Nov 13, 2013 at 05:34PM EST
Nov 13, 2013 at 05:24PM EST
Quote

So hopefully I can properly EV train my Adamant Fletchiling where the stats guy says he excels in 3 different stats.

Nov 13, 2013 at 11:36PM EST
Quote

Objection: Not when I have stealth rock. Takes out at least 40% of Talonflame’s health.

Nov 14, 2013 at 05:15PM EST
Quote

Hello! You must login or signup first!