Forums / Discussion / General

168,577 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Gravity Falls General

Last posted Jul 17, 2014 at 04:47PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2012 at 10:12PM EDT
633 posts from 64 users

…Guess…

Last edited Aug 08, 2012 at 11:18PM EDT
Aug 08, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT

@mexican android
Pussy pounder? He’s gonna be pounding some pussy?

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:23AM EDT
Quote

@Dac

…Yes.

Tee-hee

Aug 09, 2012 at 01:48AM EDT

That’s a pretty raunchy joke, at least it’s nearly immposable to catch it unless you really pay attention.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:10AM EDT
Quote

Mexx Android wrote:

…Guess…

Oh storyboard artist, you so funny.

Last edited Aug 09, 2012 at 03:21PM EDT
Aug 09, 2012 at 03:20PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

This… Is why I love this show so much

Only six episodes have aired, and yet It’s become one of my favorite shows. I’ve seen the first six episodes multiple times, especially headhunters. I love that episode. I really like the mystery, the legitimate foreshadowing, that is, something that Pretty much gives away the ending but is too subtle to be noticed. Examples, the wax figure holding the Ax, Gideon making dipper stand up, dipper opening up to the gnomes. I also like the humor, the characters, and how it’s a show with heart while still having a legitimate dark side. I did like dipper vs manliness, but I hope tommorows is darker and less silly.

Aug 09, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

I think my favorite episode was The Inconveniencing. It was so awesome and actually legitimately scary at times. The episode actually had a pretty accurate depiction of teenagers too (which I respect). This show has had the best humor I’ve seen on television in a long time. It’s like the writers don’t even have to try, the jokes just write themselves.

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT
Quote

@Crimsonlocks
It has the distinction for actually making me laugh out loud. Very very few cartoons do that for me. I might chuckle or Just think its kinda clever, but I actually laugh pretty hard.

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:28PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@Crimsonlocks
It has the distinction for actually making me laugh out loud. Very very few cartoons do that for me. I might chuckle or Just think its kinda clever, but I actually laugh pretty hard.

I find it ironic that the only Disney programs without laugh tracks are the ones that I find myself actually laughing to.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:13PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

That’s a pretty raunchy joke, at least it’s nearly immposable to catch it unless you really pay attention.

Or you people could just be reading into it too deeply

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:28AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

@Crimsonlocks
It has the distinction for actually making me laugh out loud. Very very few cartoons do that for me. I might chuckle or Just think its kinda clever, but I actually laugh pretty hard.

I’d agree. I will catch myself laughing out loud at least a couple times per episode. It’s awesome

Aug 10, 2012 at 02:22AM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Or you people could just be reading into it too deeply

I don’t know, it seems pretty straight foreword and it’s subtle enough to make it on the show. What other reason is there to have a cat tattoo on your palm and be punching it? Who has tattoos on their palms? I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Aug 10, 2012 at 02:26AM EDT
Quote

The latest episode was so good
I have never seen a clone story done so well

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT
Quote

Oh man, I feel bad… I saw next week’s episode (8) … and it was awesome.

Aug 10, 2012 at 06:03PM EDT
Quote

So… This seems like I show I’d like, so I tried to find some episodes on YouTube. But all of the videos in the search results were either deleted, recorded with a camera pointed at a TV, or only had a few episodes on duplicate channels promoting some website.

I want to watch the episodes in order, and I can’t find a watchable version of the first one!
Stupid YouTube.

Does anyone know a YouTube channel that has all the episodes (preferably good quality)? There probably was a channel like this, but the videos were removed.
If not, I can just record the episodes on TV (having them on YouTube would be easier, though).

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:38PM EDT
Quote

BoxFigs wrote:

So… This seems like I show I’d like, so I tried to find some episodes on YouTube. But all of the videos in the search results were either deleted, recorded with a camera pointed at a TV, or only had a few episodes on duplicate channels promoting some website.

I want to watch the episodes in order, and I can’t find a watchable version of the first one!
Stupid YouTube.

Does anyone know a YouTube channel that has all the episodes (preferably good quality)? There probably was a channel like this, but the videos were removed.
If not, I can just record the episodes on TV (having them on YouTube would be easier, though).

Bronies are spoiled by hasbro, disney gets on our ass for that( which is understandable, I’m not complaining). You can usually find it on Animeflavor.com. Just search for the episode on google and it should be one of the results.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 08:18PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 07:53PM EDT
Quote

Leonard Arch wrote:

Oh man, I feel bad… I saw next week’s episode (8) … and it was awesome.

That doesn’t make sense. Episode 7 isn’t going to be out for another hour and episode 8 is already leaked!?

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:03PM EDT
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

That doesn’t make sense. Episode 7 isn’t going to be out for another hour and episode 8 is already leaked!?

Disney on demand.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

Leonard Arch wrote:

Oh man, I feel bad… I saw next week’s episode (8) … and it was awesome.

must… resist…

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:47PM EDT
Quote

BoxFigs wrote:

So… This seems like I show I’d like, so I tried to find some episodes on YouTube. But all of the videos in the search results were either deleted, recorded with a camera pointed at a TV, or only had a few episodes on duplicate channels promoting some website.

I want to watch the episodes in order, and I can’t find a watchable version of the first one!
Stupid YouTube.

Does anyone know a YouTube channel that has all the episodes (preferably good quality)? There probably was a channel like this, but the videos were removed.
If not, I can just record the episodes on TV (having them on YouTube would be easier, though).

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/gravity-falls-episode-1-tourist-trapped
there you go

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:18PM EDT
Quote

Double Dipper is probably my favorite episode so far.
Didn’t necessarily have the most laughs, just the best laughs.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:36PM EDT
Quote

This episode was awesome, but my mother insisted on watching it over my shoulder, and notably did not laugh… at all. She was making me feel awkward. Plus, she was laughing at some show prior to it with Hannah Montana (or somebody), but not Gravity Falls. Eh. What do old people know? Right? Eh heh…

Anyway, here are my thoughts in the following spoiler button thing. Don’t click it unless you’ve seen the latest episode! It will ruin things for you, honest!

(if this spoiler does not work I will try to remove it as fast as possible!)
[Okay! It works! :D]

My biggest thought from this episode is Tryone’s stupidity. The moment he suggested grabbing a soda, I knew his fate. What on this earth would cause somebody to forget their SINGULAR WEAKNESS? It would be like if Clark Kent suggested going to a Kryptonite exhibit. This either shows that the copy machine breaks each successive clone, or Dipper is a covert moron. If he is, I expect Mabel to show some awesome hidden brilliance very soon.

Dipper’s list reminds me of myself. I used to do that all the time, and it almost never worked! Too bad I didn’t have clones to tell me about it.

I hope that fork fingers and lizard lady become recurring characters (Mabel needs friends doesn’t she?) because honestly I thought they compliment her odd side very well.

Still had a pretty dark ending, what with the melting and dying. If I see a third episode in which a large group of antagonists melt, I would consider it a trend.

I had other things to say but I have forgotten them.
Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 09:55PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

My exact thoughts:

Paper jam dipper is the funniest/creepiest thing I’ve seen in a while in a cartoon.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:56PM EDT
Quote

I would agree that paper jam dipper was funny but at the same time… incredibly terrifying ._.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:20AM EDT
Quote
So, what about dipper 3 and dipper 4? They are still running amok and stealing bikes and shit
Aug 11, 2012 at 01:01AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

I would agree that paper jam dipper was funny but at the same time… incredibly terrifying ._.

Reminded me of this:

MEHOY MINOY

Regarding Tyrone’s death: I felt these clones were quite a bit more intelligent than the average clone story, which is understandable, seeing that they had all the intelligence of Dipper Classic. Had they not fought their creator, I would say they followed some form of Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics, despite being paper creatures. In retrospect, the whole situation reminds me of an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Commander Riker finds a clone of himself years after the incident that created him. Somehow, they were much more self-aware; they knew they were clones, and they knew they could be manufactured at will and used this to accomplish their own means. Perhaps that’s why Tyrone accepted his fate so easily, because he knew he was temporary. I would say his suicide was premeditated, but his facial expression told us that he didn’t know drinking would kill him.

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:18AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

So, what about dipper 3 and dipper 4? They are still running amok and stealing bikes and shit

You are right! We need to re-watch some certain scenes to make sure they are not there! :O

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:21AM EDT
Quote

Count Lionel wrote:

You are right! We need to re-watch some certain scenes to make sure they are not there! :O

I checked buddy, they are out there still.

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:33AM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

So, what about dipper 3 and dipper 4? They are still running amok and stealing bikes and shit

Oh God… Robby must have killed them

THAT BASTARD!

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:19AM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

Oh God… Robby must have killed them

THAT BASTARD!

What if Robbie is a zombie? Dippers book says that zombies are pale and ill tempered and can be mistaken as teenagers. Also, his sweater has a bleeding heart and Robbie=Rob Zombie. He seems like he’s gonna be a prominent antagonist and it would be cool if he was more than just a jerky teen. I also think that dippers book is a bestiary while Gideons is a spell book. I wonder what the other books are and who has them.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:49AM EDT
Quote

Marijuana is now legalized.

Congratulations, Disney Channel.

Congratulations, Mabel Pines.

We did it.

We freed the weed.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:50AM EDT
Quote

Mabel pines? Pines=trees, trees=r/trees, r/tress=marijuana?

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:04PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

What if Robbie is a zombie? Dippers book says that zombies are pale and ill tempered and can be mistaken as teenagers. Also, his sweater has a bleeding heart and Robbie=Rob Zombie. He seems like he’s gonna be a prominent antagonist and it would be cool if he was more than just a jerky teen. I also think that dippers book is a bestiary while Gideons is a spell book. I wonder what the other books are and who has them.

That’s why I suspect Robby got rid of them, I remember somebody earlier on this forum speculated that that he might be a zombie (this show does love foreshadowing after all) and it really made sense to me. Seeing as he made two appearances now, I think it’s semi-safe to say he will become a prominent antagonist.

Aug 11, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

That’s why I suspect Robby got rid of them, I remember somebody earlier on this forum speculated that that he might be a zombie (this show does love foreshadowing after all) and it really made sense to me. Seeing as he made two appearances now, I think it’s semi-safe to say he will become a prominent antagonist.

Holy crap, that actually makes sense. He does bare a large resemblance to the “Zombie” from episode 1. Personally, I think he’s a good character. Maybe not full on antagonist, since he was only a jerk to Dipper in Ep 5 and in the latest Ep all he did was hang out with Wendy. Still, It would be a good twist for something like that to happen.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks there is a new secret message in the opening? I swear it didn’t sound the same as usual. Hopefully that can be confirmed in the next few days.

I also decoded the newest coded message in the credits using the Atbash decoder.
Coded: Kzkvi qzn Wrkkvi hzbh “Zfftsdcjstzwhzwfs!”
Decoded: Paper jam Dipper says “Auughwxqhgadsaduh!”

(Also, I’m going to update the Gravity Falls entry to include more information about the secret elements of the show, since it’s one of the biggest parts of the show and fandom)

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 02:25PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 02:14PM EDT
Quote

Robbie was in the sneak peek of a upcoming episode at comic con.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:25PM EDT
Quote

^ Thanks man

I laughed so hard at “hey, do you smell a gallon of body spray?”

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:09PM EDT
Quote

I found this…

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

Dac wrote:

I don’t know, it seems pretty straight foreword and it’s subtle enough to make it on the show. What other reason is there to have a cat tattoo on your palm and be punching it? Who has tattoos on their palms? I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

Or he could be reminding himself to punch cats.

I mean the theme of the place is stereotypical machismo, and what’s more stereotypical and machismo-istic than punching small furry animals?

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

Or he could be reminding himself to punch cats.

I mean the theme of the place is stereotypical machismo, and what’s more stereotypical and machismo-istic than punching small furry animals?

This is really pointless to argue because neither of us knows for sure what the intention was. I still think that was the intended joke but it really doesn’t matter, let’s just agree it was open to interpretation.

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 06:22PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 06:17PM EDT
Quote

UnderWaterTree wrote:


I freaking loved Paper Jam Dipper. I wanted to do what they did like with Fake Crash in Crash Bandicoot and just let him go and be who he wants to be.

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT
Quote

Dac wrote:

My exact thoughts:

Paper jam dipper is the funniest/creepiest thing I’ve seen in a while in a cartoon.

I want to marry the person who made this.

Aug 11, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT
Quote

Does anybody else think that BMO (Adventure Time) and Candy (fork fingers girl) are quite… similar? They wear the same colours, speak in a similar fashion, and as I have just learned are even voiced by the same person!

EDIT: Okay yes, I found this:

Last edited Aug 11, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT
Aug 11, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT
Quote

Howdy! You must login or signup first!