Forums / Discussion / General

232,636 total conversations in 7,777 threads

+ New Thread

Election 2012

Last posted Jul 21, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT. Added Jul 20, 2012 at 01:47AM EDT
17 posts from 12 users

So, who are you voting for? Obama? Romney? 3rd party candidate? Undecided?

I'm still on the fence on this. Must research candidates policies before deciding.

I also need to research before voting, but it's pretty low on my "to-do" list. I lean towards Obama, because I would like to see the Affordable Care Act have the premiere executive position continue to support it whole-heartedly, and I feel like Obama be more likely to do that than Romney.

The ACA, much like many other public health acts, will work best if it is implemented as a whole without too many tweaks. Integrated and complex plans like this rely on other facets of the scheme to function at their fullest, so nixing one part of an implementation or program can cause the other parts of the plan to be less effective (or not effective at all.) The democrats and republicans often try to weaken legislation until they get to that point, and then argue that the opponents' party made a bad plan, when in fact, the plan was_made_ to be bad after it was presented.

Anyway, I do believe that Mitt Romney would be able to give a more business-like take on the economy, but I don't believe that his expertise in that area outweighs the full support of the ACA. I will have to see.

Even if I was an American citizen, I would never vote in this perversion of an election system known as the Electoral College. It's entirely undemocratic, and it doesn't help that both of the major political parties (and the only ones that matter) are ruining the government with their petty, meaningless, and astoundingly costly and inefficient debates.

Although if I had to go for the lesser of the two evils, I'd pick Obama. At least he can make up his mind.

Last edited Jul 20, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT

I still need to do a little research myself (which is pretty low on my list) but so far I am leaning a bit towards Romney. I mat not agree with his stance on abortion and gay marriage and stuff like that, but frankly that's small fry compared to some of the bigger issues this country has. I honestly think Romney could do a better job in saving the economy than Obama did. I didn't think Obama was a very good president. Yes, he did some good things in office, but he could've also done a whole lot better.

Last edited Jul 20, 2012 at 09:53PM EDT

Herobrine wrote:

Not everyone lives in USA.

This is like going to the Pony General thread and saying "Not everyone likes MLP"
There is no obligation for this thread to include everyone on KYM

I don't mean any offense, I just think posts like these are pretty pointless.

Crimson Locks wrote:

This is like going to the Pony General thread and saying "Not everyone likes MLP"
There is no obligation for this thread to include everyone on KYM

I don't mean any offense, I just think posts like these are pretty pointless.

Implying only US has elections.

Clarification: Despite my post, I am not "with Mitt." In fact, I am vehemently against him. He is the classic archetypal politician, a man who is willing to do anything, say anything, to gain power, and does not care about this country at all. I honestly don't even know why he wants to be president, seeing as he's already rich as hell.

Fridge wrote:

Clarification: Despite my post, I am not "with Mitt." In fact, I am vehemently against him. He is the classic archetypal politician, a man who is willing to do anything, say anything, to gain power, and does not care about this country at all. I honestly don't even know why he wants to be president, seeing as he's already rich as hell.

If anyone is willing to say anything to gain power it's Obama. In fact, almost everything you said describes Obama perfectly.

obama was a terrible president for america and the world.

i may not live in the US but i sure hope Romney will be president for the sake of us all

Jolly Jew wrote:

obama was a terrible president for america and the world.

i may not live in the US but i sure hope Romney will be president for the sake of us all

Hm. I disagree, but I am speaking as an American living in the US.

Also, speaking as an American (and someone who's heavily involved with public health as I've said before,) I think Obama would be the best president to continue the proper support for the Affordable Care Act.

If the act doesn't work as it's supposed to, the continue health costs of the US will basically run it into the ground. I can't say for sure if the rest of the world would care one way or the other if the US remain a superpower, but the world would have to prepare for a lot of changes, some pretty dramatic, I'm not sure if the US can survive four years without proper, expansive, and drastic health care system changes.

Also to whomever, please save your negakarma for really weak arguments. I don't think crimson or JJ said anything particularly wrong.

Last edited Jul 21, 2012 at 04:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!