Forums / Discussion / General

169,401 total conversations in 5,524 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Forum President Thread: An account of all that took place. Post your thoughts here.

Last posted Jul 26, 2012 at 11:59PM EDT. Added Jul 26, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT
11 posts from 10 users

Now, a lot of you may or may not know/remember what happened but a few months ago a user named Troll King created the Forum President thread. People liked the idea and many people applied for it. He then created the Forum President Official Application Thread for the applications to go to. He closed that thread though because it was quote- “… a karma raping fail,” and made a new one called Forum President Official Application Thread (REAL). This is where people (again) put all of their applications. He then created ANOTHER thread titled Forum President Official Debate Thread for all of the debating to go to. He proclaimed that after that first round of voting for presidents was finished and created another thread for a second round of debating in a thread called Forum President Official Debate Thread (PART 2). This is where more debating and more rampant karma rape took place. He then created yet another thread named KYM Forum President (FINAL ELECTION) for the so called ‘final’ debates to take place on. After this, the Troll King posted a final election related thread called And the new Forum President is… where he posted that it was up to us to figure out who the winner was. He worded the post like this because he was trolling us. He was trolling us the entire time. He made a thread after that titled Well Shit. This is what he typed in that thread along with the picture included within it.

This will most likely be my final post on this website. For real this time. Many of you thought this joke I played was brilliant and funny, but as you can see some people just can’t take a joke very well. I will be leaving this website with positive karma even after my trolling finale. Surprisingly, even to myself, this website has really grown on me. But this Forum President game means even more to me, it is a work of art. When I’m banned all of you will either move on like adults or start bickering about which one of you really won. Please, just move on. I’ve really come to love some of you guys. And don’t worry. I’ll be back. One day, certainly not in the near future, but one day…
Oh, btw, @RandomMan: I pick choice B.

He was banned for only a month though and later posted a thread titled I was specifically told not to make this thread, but… And, in the description he typed I’m back. He was then an avid poster up until 28 days ago when he stopped posting. I looked through most of his posts and most of them were him saying something stupid or him saying some troll-like things. What surprised me the most was that there were actually people who actually praised him for being a smelly gaping asshole to many forum goers who spent hours making campaign images or debating in the thread. And in the post he made titled Well Shit, he says people can’t take a joke. It wasn’t a joke. It wasn’t funny. You were just a jerk to everyone. The only people who liked it were the trolls of the internet. It wasn’t even that huge a trolling though. At the most, he wasted some people’s time. People all over his wall posted how they miss him but I hope he stays gone. Trolls usually are at least funny about trolling people which is thought in my opinion to be their redeeming quality but what Troll King did, ff you can call it humor, is some weak funny sauce. But that is only my opinion. I would like to know what others think. Do you think he deserved it, do you think it was to nice/harsh, are there any pieces of key information are or some key thoughts you can post. Let the people of this thread know.

My message to the Troll King:

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 09:41PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:20PM EDT

It doesn’t even matter. It’s a fake title, and it would’ve just inflated the winner’s ego.

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:24PM EDT

Why is this being brought up now?

No one cares.

Jul 26, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT

It does seem really pointless bringing this up now.

Also @Zach

No, the title of “president” will never be anything more than a title. Being as this was the case for the first election, there’s no need to do this again.

Last edited Jul 26, 2012 at 09:52PM EDT
Jul 26, 2012 at 09:52PM EDT

You make it sound like the presidential election ever mattered

Yea, I spent a lot of time and effort debating and making images for it but am I bothered that it all went towards nothing?

No. Because I knew it was pointless from the beginning and I was simply having fun with it while it lasted. Hell, even if it wasn’t a trolling attempt it would have still been pointless. It didn’t matter

What matters is that I got a good laugh out of it in the end.

Even the guys who took it seriously ended up apologizing in the end and admitted to the hidden camera that they got trolled, so their dignity is still in tact.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT

His troll is successful right now because you’re angry about him trolling everyone. TK is pretty good at metatrolling.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:21PM EDT

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Of course it was a Troll. Literally no-one took it seriously. But what part did you play in this that RandomMan needs to execute his “HURR BAN HURR” Technique?

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT

Cale wrote:

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Of course it was a Troll. Literally no-one took it seriously. But what part did you play in this that RandomMan needs to execute his “HURR BAN HURR” Technique?

I think there might have been at least one person who took it seriously. I did for like the first few hours, then got smart and had an existential epiphany, joined up with the Homestucks and became unofficial vice prez of the whole thing. So I guess it wasn’t a total waste.

It was still really stupid though.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:58PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!