Forums / Discussion / General

170,980 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread

Music General

Last posted Oct 08, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT. Added Aug 01, 2012 at 09:36AM EDT
84 posts from 43 users

Does anyone here like Vocaloid? They’re really changing the definition of Music. To think that you can go and see a hologram sing a song that was vocalized by computer.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:07AM EDT

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Ah, the monthly music thread…right on schedule for August.

So, shall we do the routine?

1. Fridge posts Radiohead
2. Omomon posts Gorillas
3. Cite posts Daft Punk
4. I post BSE
5. Aristo posts Goreshit
6. And Connor will post Friday regardless of your rule.

Sound like a plan?

*Gorillaz

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:09AM EDT

I like to think I have a broad spectrum of musical taste, ranging from metal, to ska, to neo-classical jazz-metal, to 8-bit etc etc etc

Sep 17, 2012 at 06:24PM EDT

Let me give you what I’m enjoying right now:

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT

Remember guys, we don’t want to turn this thread into a Crash-fest (I’m all for crashed Windows but not Youtube Video’s)

If you are going to post a ton of imbedded video’s; spoiler them so that they don’t all load at once and wreck your browser. Were only 5 posts in and already this page is chugging.

Penzoid has the right idea.

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 12:37AM EDT
Sep 20, 2012 at 12:36AM EDT

Latest band I’ve gotten in to. (friend showed me on Monday)

Enjoy, maybe!
Sep 20, 2012 at 12:48AM EDT

My spoiler tags are not working. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…it’s “divcode” in brackets, right?

Sep 20, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT

Here’s a song I’ve been obsessed with lately.

From the album Shields, which came out two days ago.

Sep 20, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT

Daft Punkjet wrote:

My spoiler tags are not working. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…it’s “divcode” in brackets, right?

The code is <div class="spoiler">Text/Video</div>. You can add a title="your title" after the class if you want.

As for music, lately I’ve been getting into electronic-influenced indie- and alt-rock, like

or

Sep 20, 2012 at 07:22PM EDT

I’m doing music for a video game me and some friends are doing in Game Maker Basic for a school project that hasn’t been assigned to us yet.

Sep 20, 2012 at 08:27PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

The code is <div class="spoiler">Text/Video</div>. You can add a title="your title" after the class if you want.

As for music, lately I’ve been getting into electronic-influenced indie- and alt-rock, like

or

I love the video for Houdini!
Also, I’m gonna buy some new songs now thanks to your post.

Sep 21, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

All right, today, I was listening to the Scorpions…among classic hard rock bands, I feel they are incredibly under-rated and people only know them for their singles.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:04PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

or

I wouldn’t consider those indie rock, more like indie pop.

Doesn’t mean they’re not good. Love “Houdini.” You should check out “Young Blood” by NaF.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

I wouldn’t consider those indie rock, more like indie pop.

Doesn’t mean they’re not good. Love “Houdini.” You should check out “Young Blood” by NaF.

I own both the NaF and the FtP album. I don’t like Young Blood as much as Punching in a Dream, though. Also, I would consider FtP more indie rock than pop. But yes, I suppose NaF are more indie-pop.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

I have a question for any music know-it-all’s here

What’s the origin of “indie”? It seems to be evolving into a term for any small obscure non-commercial band of any genre

Can anything be Indie as long as it isn’t huge?

Or can you only have indie-pop and indie-rock? If so, what makes it different?

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:20PM EDT

Time to disrupt this thread in a big way.
Behold, 3 hours of instrumental, genre-ambiguous glory.

Sep 24, 2012 at 06:52PM EDT

@MDF

Well…that was something. Reminds me of 300, if 300 was a musical. I’m wondering if it actually is a film series soundtrack. I liked the one at 2:15:50.

That stuff was pretty intense so I think I’ll post something liquid to calm the nerves.

I’ve been revisiting Ital Tek lately since he seems to be the only artist I know that makes liquid dubstep like this. Liquid is probably the only form of dubstep that I enjoy. I find that the usual pace and tone of dubstep means that it works well for mellow/chilled music if done that way…but it’s not easy to come across.

It’s the 1% of all dubstep out there. The other 99% being the modem sounds, dial tones and screaming banshee’s that you are all familiar with

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

And now for something entirely different:

Last edited Sep 25, 2012 at 12:11AM EDT
Sep 25, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT

I want to start getting into rap/hiphop, but I’m not exactly sure where to start. Any suggestions?

Sep 25, 2012 at 06:02PM EDT

Sam wrote:

I want to start getting into rap/hiphop, but I’m not exactly sure where to start. Any suggestions?

Ask Chris. He should help you out.

Sep 25, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT

Sam wrote:

I’d suggest older stuff. I don’t personally enjoy rap/hiphop, but from what I’ve heard, older is better. No matter what, do not use the radio to find this music. It will be shit-tier.

Sep 25, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT

Mexx Android wrote:

Ask Chris. He should help you out.

Chris?

Sep 25, 2012 at 09:00PM EDT

I posted one before…let me give you some hip-hop I like

Last one’s a mashup…that’s what I got.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:22PM EDT

I’ve been getting really into the Rolling Stones lately. One of their best.

Sep 26, 2012 at 07:12AM EDT

SO, everyone is posting things from real artists that make money from their music.

Last edited Sep 26, 2012 at 07:42PM EDT
Sep 26, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT

I’m loving the Metropolis Street Racer Soundtrack right now.
My brain hates it, my heart loves it.
It’s kind of like the better version of Sonic R.

This one is more like a disco song, deep male voice and all:

This one is purely instrumental, and the only one my brain doesn’t complain about:

Oct 08, 2012 at 01:43PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!