Forums / Discussion / General

174,032 total conversations in 5,718 threads

+ New Thread


Music General

Last posted Oct 08, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT. Added Aug 01, 2012 at 09:36AM EDT
84 posts from 43 users

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Ah, the monthly music thread…right on schedule for August.

So, shall we do the routine?

1. Fridge posts Radiohead
2. Omomon posts Gorillas
3. Cite posts Daft Punk
4. I post BSE
5. Aristo posts Goreshit
6. And Connor will post Friday regardless of your rule.

Sound like a plan?

*Gorillaz

I like to think I have a broad spectrum of musical taste, ranging from metal, to ska, to neo-classical jazz-metal, to 8-bit etc etc etc




Remember guys, we don’t want to turn this thread into a Crash-fest (I’m all for crashed Windows but not Youtube Video’s)

If you are going to post a ton of imbedded video’s; spoiler them so that they don’t all load at once and wreck your browser. Were only 5 posts in and already this page is chugging.

Penzoid has the right idea.

Last edited Sep 20, 2012 at 12:37AM EDT

Daft Punkjet wrote:

My spoiler tags are not working. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…it’s “divcode” in brackets, right?

The code is <div class="spoiler">Text/Video</div>. You can add a title="your title" after the class if you want.

As for music, lately I’ve been getting into electronic-influenced indie- and alt-rock, like

or

Twilitlord wrote:

The code is <div class="spoiler">Text/Video</div>. You can add a title="your title" after the class if you want.

As for music, lately I’ve been getting into electronic-influenced indie- and alt-rock, like

or

I love the video for Houdini!
Also, I’m gonna buy some new songs now thanks to your post.

Twilitlord wrote:

The code is <div class="spoiler">Text/Video</div>. You can add a title="your title" after the class if you want.

As for music, lately I’ve been getting into electronic-influenced indie- and alt-rock, like

or

I wouldn’t consider those indie rock, more like indie pop.

Doesn’t mean they’re not good. Love “Houdini.” You should check out “Young Blood” by NaF.

Fridge wrote:

I wouldn’t consider those indie rock, more like indie pop.

Doesn’t mean they’re not good. Love “Houdini.” You should check out “Young Blood” by NaF.

I own both the NaF and the FtP album. I don’t like Young Blood as much as Punching in a Dream, though. Also, I would consider FtP more indie rock than pop. But yes, I suppose NaF are more indie-pop.

I have a question for any music know-it-all’s here

What’s the origin of “indie”? It seems to be evolving into a term for any small obscure non-commercial band of any genre

Can anything be Indie as long as it isn’t huge?

Or can you only have indie-pop and indie-rock? If so, what makes it different?

@MDF

Well…that was something. Reminds me of 300, if 300 was a musical. I’m wondering if it actually is a film series soundtrack. I liked the one at 2:15:50.

That stuff was pretty intense so I think I’ll post something liquid to calm the nerves.

I’ve been revisiting Ital Tek lately since he seems to be the only artist I know that makes liquid dubstep like this. Liquid is probably the only form of dubstep that I enjoy. I find that the usual pace and tone of dubstep means that it works well for mellow/chilled music if done that way…but it’s not easy to come across.

It’s the 1% of all dubstep out there. The other 99% being the modem sounds, dial tones and screaming banshee’s that you are all familiar with

Sam wrote:

I want to start getting into rap/hiphop, but I’m not exactly sure where to start. Any suggestions?

Ask Chris. He should help you out.

Sam wrote:

I want to start getting into rap/hiphop, but I’m not exactly sure where to start. Any suggestions?

I’d suggest older stuff. I don’t personally enjoy rap/hiphop, but from what I’ve heard, older is better. No matter what, do not use the radio to find this music. It will be shit-tier.

I’m loving the Metropolis Street Racer Soundtrack right now.
My brain hates it, my heart loves it.
It’s kind of like the better version of Sonic R.

This one is more like a disco song, deep male voice and all:

This one is purely instrumental, and the only one my brain doesn’t complain about:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!