Forums / Discussion / General

168,526 total conversations in 5,397 threads

+ New Thread

What is the most atrocious, cliched, god-awful garbage ever produced by man?

Last posted Aug 13, 2012 at 07:20AM EDT. Added Aug 08, 2012 at 05:59PM EDT
90 posts from 46 users

ORIGINAL SONIC CHARACTERS!!!1 XD

just… no.

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:36AM EDT

There’s nothing more original then naming your sonic character “Joseph”.

Aug 09, 2012 at 06:35AM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

Man itself. Everything bad that man has created was bad because of the ignorance, greed and many other horrible attributes of man.

And yet man has put a robot on Mars using a crane lifted by rockets.

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:11AM EDT

How about Windows 8?
If you don’t know, see my thread.

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:20AM EDT

burning_phoneix wrote:

And yet man has put a robot on Mars using a crane lifted by rockets.

I never said mankind never did or make anything good. But the bad things outweigh those. And i wont be impressed until we actually GO to mars.

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:30AM EDT

Calkarot wrote:

Man itself. Everything bad that man has created was bad because of the ignorance, greed and many other horrible attributes of man.

Sigh, another one of these.

As for the thread itself, I’m surprised no one put this down.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:22AM EDT

Caramel wrote:

Aliens isn’t THAT GOOD Thankfully, Alien 3 and Resurrection made them much better.

I personally dislike Cars and The Incredibles, mostly because my mom forced me to watch them with her so much… ._.

Well, I should have edited that earlier.

Aliens has terrible villains. Good action, but it makes the Xenos look like cannon fodder that you could kill if you looked at it funny.

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:22PM EDT

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:46PM EDT

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:51PM EDT

This story: http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/just-for-fun/topics/17417-hay-guys-i-wrote-a-prequel-of-the-sequel-of-the-prequel-of-the-sequel?page=1

Bob -5/2: Unforeseen Consequences

A film directed by M. Night Shyamalan who wasn’t really M. Night Shyamalan but was M. Night Shyamalan who was actually George Lopez.

Chapter 0: Kingdumb Smart

Thousands of years ago in the future in the past that was future in the past in the future. There was a war that was more than a war. It was a battle that wasn’t just a battle but it was a battle in which it was in the future of the past of the present in the past but then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. The Fire Nation which wasn’t actually the Fire Nation but was actually The Water Nation that was actually the Earth Nation that was actually the Fast Food Nation. The Fast Food Nation changed the war from a war to a big war that was more than just a war. It was a war of the war set in a bigger war. It became a world war.

Chapter 1/2: The Attack of the Fast Food Nation

The Fast Food Nation consisted of 7 countries which were Africa, McDonald’s, Canada, Antarctica, Norway, MW2, and West Virginia. The Fast Food Nation was fighting against the Allies which consisted of 7 nations which were America, Japan, Germany, TF2, East Virginia, MLP (This was before My Little Pony and Hasbro but after Friendship), and Canada. There were two countries called Canada. They were fighting because one of the Canadas wants the other Canada to have a name change. The one Canada that is being forced with a name change wants the other Canada to have a name change and wants to kept their name. So a war began between the two Canadas. The Canada that loses the war will get a name change. While the war between the two Canadas was going on, the nation of McDonold’s was trying to force communism, dictatorship, and fast food into every single nation. The evil dictator of McDonold’s was Darth Chibi. Darth Chibi was very tiny. He was jealous of everyone who was taller than him which was practically everyone so he modified a special type of food known as fast food, which made people fat, so that it would make people tiny. None of his guards, army, allies, and everyone else who sided with him eat the food that he forced. Then he Attacked Africa and conquered it. Then the country of Germany attacked McDonolds but Germany’s invasion failed casing him to be placed in a war. Eventually Germany’s allies joined the war and McDonold’s Allies joined the war. Then the two Canadas joined the war. Once all the allies of Germany and McDonold’s became part of the war, it became a world war.

Chapter 1: The Journey Begins

Bob was 12 who wasn’t really 12 but was a midget who was 18. Bob lived in a place called America in the country of Japan in the continent of Canada. This was before Europe but after America. Bob had to fly his plane to the country of Africa in the continent of Iraq….

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT

Ashki wrote:

Sigh, another one of these.

As for the thread itself, I’m surprised no one put this down.

You know, I think it’s finally time to ask the very important question that I always ask silently in my mind when I see this brought up…

Out of all the Twilight bashers out there (or more to the point, in here) have actually read even as much as a chapter of one of the books?

You may notice that while trashing the Twilight series has been a big pastime on the Internet these last few years, you will have never seen me passing judgment on the series one way or another because I’ve never read it or seen any of the movies. On the other hand, a friend of mine who I’ve always considered to have good taste started reading the books because his fiancee suggested he give them a try, and he said they were surprisingly good. Sure, he may have been P-whipped, but he said it without wincing or anything, so I tend to believe he was being sincere.

So pointedly, just to make it clear I’m really asking: Is there anyone here who has actually read any of the Twilight books, and can verify that it was a painful experience?

Aug 09, 2012 at 06:13PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

You know, I think it’s finally time to ask the very important question that I always ask silently in my mind when I see this brought up…

Out of all the Twilight bashers out there (or more to the point, in here) have actually read even as much as a chapter of one of the books?

You may notice that while trashing the Twilight series has been a big pastime on the Internet these last few years, you will have never seen me passing judgment on the series one way or another because I’ve never read it or seen any of the movies. On the other hand, a friend of mine who I’ve always considered to have good taste started reading the books because his fiancee suggested he give them a try, and he said they were surprisingly good. Sure, he may have been P-whipped, but he said it without wincing or anything, so I tend to believe he was being sincere.

So pointedly, just to make it clear I’m really asking: Is there anyone here who has actually read any of the Twilight books, and can verify that it was a painful experience?

When you know that Bella is a whiny cheating emo bitch that can’t make up her mind and actually attempts suicide to get Edward closer to her, you know you don’t even need to read the books.

Aug 09, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

I watched the movie… but with Rifftrax, does that count?
I feel like that’s the only way to make that movie watchable. So many dialogue gaps… Such a boring plot…

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:02PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

I will admit that I was “encouraged” by a female friend who, at the time, was much more influential and physically attractive than I to read the Twilight books. This was right as the book series was taking off, when I was in the 8th grade. I bring this up to say that I was in the middle of puberty, and was irrational, overly emotional, and had very poor tastes.

That being said, I must admit I actually enjoyed the first few chapters of the book. However, time wore on, and more pages stacked up behind me. Even in the 8th grade, still impressionable and of low literary standards, I found myself 150 pages into the book with next to no action. It just seemed like I could’ve started the book there and not lost anything.

I promptly returned the book to my friend, who went on to gush over the series until about two years ago. So yes, I can verify that the book was not very good.

TL;DR TWILIGHT SUCKED

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:08PM EDT

This thread title name should be changed from “What is the most atrocious, cliched, god-awful garbage ever produced by man?” to “Things you just don’t like.”

Last edited Aug 09, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT
Aug 09, 2012 at 07:12PM EDT

That was without exaggeration the worst, most unoriginal garbage I’ve ever heard.

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:32PM EDT

SpycrabKiller wrote:

Aliens has terrible villains. Good action, but it makes the Xenos look like cannon fodder that you could kill if you looked at it funny.

Well, you had a group of highly trained marines in aliens opposed to a group of untrained civilians dealing with something completely unkown to them and a backstabbing android. Just read Hudson’s speech
I’m ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks… "

And even with all that, the aliens wiped out all of them besides Ripley, Hics, Newt, and Half of bishop. They completely messed them up in the first encounter also. They were far from canon fodder.

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

SpycrabKiller wrote:

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:36AM EDT

Brucker wrote:

I read Twilight once.

It wasn’t bad. It’s not the pinnacle of creativity and quality, but it definitely doesn’t deserve all the hate it gets. I think people are 1) comparing it to Harry Potter, which is stupid and unfair, and 2) jumping on the hate bandwagon as the Internet is wont to do. Stephenie Meyer isn’t a horrible writer, contrary to popular belief. In fact, she writes a great love story, one that has captivated the hearts of millions of female readers all over the world. Sure, it’s a bit clichéd, and full of plot holes, which aggravates me to no end, but at least she delivers on the premise.

I’m guilty of being obsessed with Twilight back when they first came out, you know, being part of the target audience and all, but I find no real shame in it. I’ve seen each film installment of Twilight on release day, and plan on doing so as well for Breaking Dawn Part 2, and not only because my friends drag me along. Robert Pattison is just so dreamy and sexy, you know.

The Twilight series isn’t horrible; it’s just horribly mediocre, if you can call it that. Still a better love story than Twilight? I’d like to see you try.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 04:15AM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 04:08AM EDT

Wow, thanks for the feedback folks! It’s nice to know that the hate isn’t completely out of nowhere, and most of you gave some information that helped me to get a better feel for what the deal with the story is more objectively, which is to say that it’s a so-so book that’s probably going to appeal best to a certain sort of teenage girl, the type of which I know few if any thereof. My friend was probably in just the right state of mind at that time to appreciate schlocky romance, not being in the target demographic.

Actually, I do think it’s interesting that there are very few things in this world that are considered straight-out awful by everyone. Remember, Rebecca Black’s Friday was considered a good song by a surprising number of people, most of which I assume were right around Rebecca’s age and just had a thing for that sort of music (as well as perhaps harboring fantasies of becoming a star via YouTube like Rebecca or Justin Bieber). I don’t know what demographic that awful video FloydPinkerton posted is supposed to target, but 35K YouTube viewers gave it a “Like”, so go figure.

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:52AM EDT

@Brucker

I showed Friday to my parents. They thought it was a cute and catchy song.

I like to think that when it comes to Friday fans, it’s less about age demographic and more about care factor. There are no “Haters and players”, instead there are only “Those who give a damn and those who don’t”. My parents fell into that category of “those who don’t”. They just saw a regular song, sung by a regular person and without wanting to ruin their own day or anyone else’s, they complimented the positive aspects then moved on.

When I informed them of the extreme negativity that Friday faced, they considered it unnecessary. Or rather; they saw no reason to care. To use their words exactly: “Sure it’s one part mindless and two parts mediocrity but no more so than ninety-nine percent of the teeny-bopper music out there.”

Meanwhile, those who go out of their way to make it absolutely clear to everyone how terrible Friday is; seem to care a whole lot more

All of this reminds me of a satire article I once wrote (back when Rebecca was hot news) where I proclaimed Rebecca Black the greatest musician in the history of man, then tied my reasons to the fact that the only reason why Rebecca Black matters at all is because the internet kept bitching about it. Basically the Internet made Friday what it is now, so we should be proud of our creation. If anyone is curious; I can link the article here.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 07:57AM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 07:56AM EDT

More specifically:

inb4 SO BRAVE!

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 03:52PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 03:48PM EDT

Laser Pacer wrote:

You’re favorite anime.

My favorite anime?

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT

The Nazi Party.

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:39PM EDT

Aug 10, 2012 at 06:49PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

I did actually watch the first movie. It was quite bad.

At times, I saw it for what it was: A chick flick. It didn’t seem to be any worse than other mediocre romance stories but a few scenes stick out here and there as incredibly bad and weird, which just drags the whole thing down.

Things like the vampire baseball scene and the “’Sparkly Vampire” reveal. I had to stifle a laugh during those scenes as to not attract the ire of the army of teenage girls in the theater.

I will admit I am secure enough in my masculinity to say that Robert Pattinson is a handsome guy and don’t doubt a lot of the audience just want to see him. It’s really no different from guys seeing the horrible Bay Transformers to ogle at Megan Fox.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:59AM EDT

Aug 11, 2012 at 03:02PM EDT

Last edited Aug 12, 2012 at 10:03PM EDT
Aug 12, 2012 at 09:59PM EDT

Aug 12, 2012 at 10:16PM EDT

@CaptainLuigi:

I’ll bet Michael Bay liked the exploding birds.

Aug 13, 2012 at 07:20AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!