Forums / Discussion / General

171,725 total conversations in 5,629 threads

+ New Thread


What's the worst creepypasta you've ever read?

Last posted Aug 23, 2012 at 11:07PM EDT. Added Aug 10, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT
66 posts from 18 users

BQ: What’s the best one you’ve ever read?
I’d have to say the worst I’ve ever read is Jeff the Killer, and the best I’ve read is Psychosis.

Aug 10, 2012 at 06:56PM EDT
Quote

Worst? “AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT” though it’s pretty clear that one’s intentionally bad. Best…well, if you mean scariest, it’s “Obey the Walrus.” And it’s not even close. If you mean my personal favorite, “Lavender Town Syndrome.” And just for fun, I think that “Candle Cove” is the most overrated.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote

Normal Porn for Normal People, glad you mentioned it. The writing could use some work, especially the whole “And it was never seen again” ending with the guy getting banned from forums for bringing up the site and stuff. But it was a decent pasta, pretty creepy. 8/10.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:31PM EDT
Quote

Lavender Town was one of those video-game related pastas. I can’t stand those, with the exception of BEN. Also every “lost episode” or “Theory on (Insert TV show here)” pasta is pretty much the same. Can’t stand those either.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:33PM EDT
Quote

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_Porn_For_Normal_People

There’s the link. It was the top pasta about 4-5 months ago. Also, i’m currently reading this one: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Eighty-Seventh_Face

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 07:36PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 07:34PM EDT
Quote

Yeah it was one of the first pastas I read once I started getting into them. Did you hear about those people who made a site based on it? Talk about dedication to a pasta, lol.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
Quote

FloydPinkerton wrote:

Yeah it was one of the first pastas I read once I started getting into them. Did you hear about those people who made a site based on it? Talk about dedication to a pasta, lol.

Original: Too bad the site has nothing on it… That would make it REALLY interesting!

EDIT: The site DOES have stuff on it!

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 07:41PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT
Quote

Worst: The one from the episode that the KYM team did on creepypastas. You know, the one that talked about the Czech Republic and rabbits. That one was terrible.
Best: In scary terms, Russian Sleep Experiment. My favorite is the Majora’s Mask one, but RSE was good as well.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT
Quote

Cirno wrote:

Worst: The one from the episode that the KYM team did on creepypastas. You know, the one that talked about the Czech Republic and rabbits. That one was terrible.
Best: In scary terms, Russian Sleep Experiment. My favorite is the Majora’s Mask one, but RSE was good as well.

Russian Sleep Experiment was great. I would like to see it as a movie sometime.

As for something bad:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Mix

This one’s pretty bad too.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:43PM EDT
Quote

FloydPinkerton wrote:

Russian Sleep Experiment was great. I would like to see it as a movie sometime.

As for something bad:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Mix

This one’s pretty bad too.

I loved the Russian Sleep Experiment, but I feel that it ended a bit abruptly…

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:47PM EDT
Quote

Jeff the Killer was so bad because of all the logical fallacies, and the author’s poor writing technique. It was like it was written by a 12 year old.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:49PM EDT
Quote

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Comes_To_Her

I made this one, basing it off of the conjoining of multiple pastas formed into one, and it got plenty of hits at school. What do you think?

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT
Quote

They put Three new videos on NPFNP!! I would so put this on the talk page on Creepypasta wiki, but I was blocked for four days D:

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Quote

FloydPinkerton wrote:

Lavender Town was one of those video-game related pastas. I can’t stand those, with the exception of BEN. Also every “lost episode” or “Theory on (Insert TV show here)” pasta is pretty much the same. Can’t stand those either.

I don’t think it’s the best, just my personal favorite. It’s not the most original, I can just relate to it the most. Because I play Pokemon a lot, and all. Russian Sleep Experiment is one I still haven’t read all the way through.

By the way, I hesitate to recommend this to you, but have you seen “Obey the Walrus?”

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:53PM EDT
Quote

I read Death Comes to Her. Not very original(obviously, since you conjoined multiple pastas) but well done for that purpose.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:55PM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

I don’t think it’s the best, just my personal favorite. It’s not the most original, I can just relate to it the most. Because I play Pokemon a lot, and all. Russian Sleep Experiment is one I still haven’t read all the way through.

By the way, I hesitate to recommend this to you, but have you seen “Obey the Walrus?”

Obey the Walrus is just, and don’t get mad, retarded… All it is is a little girl with obviously some sort of disease, dancing to a continually warped version of I think Mary Had a Little Lamb. I don’t much care for video pastas.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:56PM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

I don’t think it’s the best, just my personal favorite. It’s not the most original, I can just relate to it the most. Because I play Pokemon a lot, and all. Russian Sleep Experiment is one I still haven’t read all the way through.

By the way, I hesitate to recommend this to you, but have you seen “Obey the Walrus?”

I read about Obey the Walrus, and have seen images from it, and I gotta say I’m hesitant to watch the actual video. Probably won’t.

Check out White With Red. It’s a short but chilling tale. One of my favorites.
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/White_With_Red

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT
Quote

Worst: I usually only read ones people suggest. I guess the Russian Sleep Experiment, but even that was sorta interesting.
Best: Room 9, or a name similar to that.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:59PM EDT
Quote

Chokesmurf wrote:

Worst: I usually only read ones people suggest. I guess the Russian Sleep Experiment, but even that was sorta interesting.
Best: Room 9, or a name similar to that.

Read Jeff the Killer. It’s really bad. It’ll make Russian Sleep Experiment look like a Stephen King novel.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT
Quote

Also, I remember an ol’ pasta that I found not scary, but also not bad. It was interesting, but I can’t currently think of the name… It was about a road that everyone who drove on it disappeared. It was rumored around town that it was cursed, so some police officers went to check it out. It was just a straight road, but it ended abruptly, sending the car off of a massive cliff, killing anyone. Turns out, the trees were so thick that you couldn’t see the turn, resulting in death.

I was pretty young when first reading it, and it scared the shit out of me. Now, not so much…

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT
Quote

The Luna Games(All) have both sides of the coin in creepypasta. Some just use the simple jumpscare technique, which isn’t very clever but still effective. While some the other games go a bit more creative and deserve a thumbs-up.

In small words, some are good and some are, well, “eh”. Worth watching others play it and seeing there reactions.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 08:18PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 08:17PM EDT

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Obey the Walrus is just, and don’t get mad, retarded… All it is is a little girl with obviously some sort of disease, dancing to a continually warped version of I think Mary Had a Little Lamb. I don’t much care for video pastas.

You’re entitled to your own opinions. I know, intellectually, that the person in the video is nothing more than an unfortunate individual wracked by polio. It’s not some supernatually possessed being. But the fact that the dancer appears to be just off of what’s considered “normal” sets off an instinctual revulsion in me that overcomes rationality. It’s not even the concept of “obeying the Walrus” that gets me, it’s the uncanny valley inspired imagery.

Oh, and the distorted visuals and audio don’t help.

By the way, how has no one mentioned MarbleHornets yet? It’s probably the biggest out there aside from the Slenderman mythos itself.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:18PM EDT
Quote

This.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:19PM EDT

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Obey the Walrus is just, and don’t get mad, retarded… All it is is a little girl with obviously some sort of disease, dancing to a continually warped version of I think Mary Had a Little Lamb. I don’t much care for video pastas.

The “girl” in Obey The Walrus is a drag queen with polio. The song that plays is some demented version of The Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:20PM EDT
Quote

The Luna Games take both side of the coins.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:27PM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

You’re entitled to your own opinions. I know, intellectually, that the person in the video is nothing more than an unfortunate individual wracked by polio. It’s not some supernatually possessed being. But the fact that the dancer appears to be just off of what’s considered “normal” sets off an instinctual revulsion in me that overcomes rationality. It’s not even the concept of “obeying the Walrus” that gets me, it’s the uncanny valley inspired imagery.

Oh, and the distorted visuals and audio don’t help.

By the way, how has no one mentioned MarbleHornets yet? It’s probably the biggest out there aside from the Slenderman mythos itself.

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD!!!! I FUCKING LOVE MARBLE HORNETS! HOW DID THAT SLIP MY MIND?!?! THANK YOU, KIND SIR FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:34PM EDT
Quote

And the video “Don’t hug me i’m scared” on youtube is creepy, but has a very good meaning.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:36PM EDT
Quote

Le Bumpkin wrote:

And the video “Don’t hug me i’m scared” on youtube is creepy, but has a very good meaning.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of it. Maybe I’ll look that up…but not tonight. As for MarbleHornets, I watched their stuff sequentially for maybe the first 15 episodes, and have seen some here and there since then. Usually on mute. With all the lights on. And I skip around and pause frequently.

I’m such a wimp.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT
Quote

Russian Sleep Experiment
not sure if sweet apple massacre is a creepypasta but i think its bad
http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.ca/2011/03/lightless-city.html
this is one i read a while ago

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:15PM EDT
Quote

Le Bumpkin wrote:

And the video “Don’t hug me i’m scared” on youtube is creepy, but has a very good meaning.

Went and say the video (My thoughts: Well that escalated quickly)

Mind telling me the meaning because, honestly, I can’t really see one…

Edit: Nevermind. I looked for the meaning in google. Deep, Very Deep.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 09:43PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 09:21PM EDT

Marble hornets is great. Slender man is a genius creation.
I remember don’t hug me I’m scared, I told my friends about it awhile ago and it has become a sort of inside joke among us ever since.

Read The Expressionless. A pretty cliche story, verY bad, but Good for a laugh.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:26PM EDT
Quote

Oh, and Luna Games? Sweet apple massacre? What’s up with all these My Little Pony creepypastas? Are you guys bronies?? XD

American Dad! Theory is another one to check out if you want a good laugh.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT
Quote

The majority of the Insert show theory pastas kinda suck. Example: the Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy theory. Is it supposed to be scary, even? Because it’s just dumb.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

I don’t go out of my way to read creepy stuff. So the creepiest things I’ve seen are probably:

- Soft and Cuddly for the ZX Spectrum (this one made me not want to go to bed)
- Paranoiascape for the PS1 (Not as bad as the first, but did give me the chills)

Worst one is probably that one that ended in “Man Door Hand Hook Car Door”.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:39PM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

The majority of the Insert show theory pastas kinda suck. Example: the Ed, Edd, n’ Eddy theory. Is it supposed to be scary, even? Because it’s just dumb.

That’s the way I feel. Also I hate Lost Episode pastas. Every Theory has to do with someone imagining retarded stuff, or someone going insane.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:46PM EDT
Quote

Ansem the Seeker of Lolcats wrote:

This.

Japan. source of 75% of the world’s weird stuff.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT
Quote

The SCP series, while the most famous are 173 and 087, they don’t really scare me.
There’s a lot of other content that’s actually scary:
SCP-804: World Without Man
SCP-517: Grammie Knows
SCP-701: The Hanged King’s Tragedy
SCP-1425: Star Signals

I don’t like creepypasta BTW, I just somehow enjoy the SCP series. Probably memetic or something.


Worst SCP?
There’s a lot, but most are the Mary Sueish ones like Iris.

Last edited Aug 10, 2012 at 10:40PM EDT
Aug 10, 2012 at 09:57PM EDT
Quote

FloydPinkerton wrote:

Read Jeff the Killer. It’s really bad. It’ll make Russian Sleep Experiment look like a Stephen King novel.

I recall it being meh, but I haven’t read it in a long time. However, the picture was kinda creepy.

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:58PM EDT
Quote

Mister J wrote:

The SCP series, while the most famous are 173 and 087, they don’t really scare me.
There’s a lot of other content that’s actually scary:
SCP-804: World Without Man
SCP-517: Grammie Knows
SCP-701: The Hanged King’s Tragedy
SCP-1425: Star Signals

I don’t like creepypasta BTW, I just somehow enjoy the SCP series. Probably memetic or something.


Worst SCP?
There’s a lot, but most are the Mary Sueish ones like Iris.

wow I checked out that website, it’s got a massive archive of stories! I’ll go rummage through it sometime.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT
Quote

Those pastas about Disturbing videos that make people go Insane and/or missing and don’t explain why are pretty bad. It’s really weak writing.

Aug 10, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT
Quote

FloydPinkerton wrote:

Those pastas about Disturbing videos that make people go Insane and/or missing and don’t explain why are pretty bad. It’s really weak writing.

The only reason why those videos scare me is because I’m afraid of TV static and distorted voices. All thanks to viewing too many horror movies as a toddler.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:09AM EDT
Quote

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Something about SCP has never appealed to me. I dunno, it just doesn’t do it for me.

I don’t find SCP scary as much as I find it interesting.

Aug 11, 2012 at 07:27PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!