Forums / Discussion / General

232,834 total conversations in 7,785 threads

+ New Thread

Alright.. TAKE TWO!

Last posted Aug 17, 2012 at 01:57PM EDT. Added Aug 11, 2012 at 05:54PM EDT
65 posts from 32 users

Okay, so no "I'M BACK!" message then. I'm cool with that.

However, I still want to talk to some of the users again and it's way better to have a thread for centralizing all the conversations rather than going about the site and speaking to everyone individually.

So, how is everyone?

Good, sorry for requesting a lock on that last thread, but thank you for moving forward in a solid manner. I'm probably a new face to you, but I was lurking around when you were active so I already see you as a pretty awesome dude. A nice place to meet some of the current members is the irc, which many of the mods frequent as well.
Here is the link so you can get there fast: MAGIC LINK

Mexx Android wrote:

Uh, Hey. My names Mexican Android though originally I was Mexican Robot. It's nice to meet you, good sir.

Well, hello there, Mexican Android!

From what I can gather from your profile, you love to draw. I love to draw too! Let's be friends.

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Well, hello there, Mexican Android!

From what I can gather from your profile, you love to draw. I love to draw too! Let's be friends.

Well that escalated quickly but okay!

@Random21

No, sorry. I don't. My last activity here was technically ten months ago. It's nice to meet you, though.

@RPP

No problem! It's not like you killed me or anything.

It's nice to see I'm not forgotten, though, even if it's by a user I don't personally know.

And yes, I know of the IRC. I was quite a frequent visitor there back in the day.

@Herobrine

Nice to meet you too, Herobrine! Minecraft rocks!

@Cirno

A witch, eh? Sorry 'bout your sisters during the Salem Trials. That was pretty brutal.

I'm just kidding, Touhou was the shiznick a couple of years ago on KYM, so I know all about the reference.

@Patrick

Yeah! That's creepy! :D

Rin Tezuka wrote:

I'm Rin Tezuka. I do stuff on the site. I welcome you warmly. I won't shake hands with you, but at least we know who we are now.

Hey, Rin! Thanks for the welcome and I accept that you won't shake hands with me.

Besides, with us being two individuals at different points on the planet conversing via a forum on a meme researching site on the internet, I think it would have been pretty impossible anyway, don't you think?

My apologies. I am still confused, but I've been told to leave this open/to lock this. With that sort of guidance, I don't even know what to do anymore.

My thinking is that this thread is exactly like the present one. The only difference is that you're an older user/moderator.

I don't like locking threads of moderators, because it makes things awkward. And things are now awkward (for me, at least.) It strikes me as unfair to leave this thread up with Kipp's thread being open and basically serving the same purpose, but I honestly don't know anymore.

Anyway, welcome back. I'm Verbose. I was active when you were here, and my account is older than many moderators. I've been lurking forever, so names like Trick Lobo, olivia, and yours mean more to me than most. You may even remember my KYM Pony Discussion thread that got locked.

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Hey, Rin! Thanks for the welcome and I accept that you won't shake hands with me.

Besides, with us being two individuals at different points on the planet conversing via a forum on a meme researching site on the internet, I think it would have been pretty impossible anyway, don't you think?

Your post intrigues me. Your way of thinking is only rivalled by your vast specific detail in your post. You are certainly a smart fellow indeed.

Verbose wrote:

My apologies. I am still confused, but I've been told to leave this open/to lock this. With that sort of guidance, I don't even know what to do anymore.

My thinking is that this thread is exactly like the present one. The only difference is that you're an older user/moderator.

I don't like locking threads of moderators, because it makes things awkward. And things are now awkward (for me, at least.) It strikes me as unfair to leave this thread up with Kipp's thread being open and basically serving the same purpose, but I honestly don't know anymore.

Anyway, welcome back. I'm Verbose. I was active when you were here, and my account is older than many moderators. I've been lurking forever, so names like Trick Lobo, olivia, and yours mean more to me than most. You may even remember my KYM Pony Discussion thread that got locked.

I understand where the confusion is coming from. It truly is a conundrum of sorts, I agree.

My best advice for the future would be to start a thread on the General sub-forum page for just general talking. About anything. Something that will get users to better know one another and to converse in a friendly manner, build friendships and stuff.

However, I see the downsides to this as well, since trolling is so prolific on the internet, let alone this site, I believe a thread like that wouldn't be as productive as the site would want.

I can hope, though.

Anyways, for now, just do what you feel is right. I won't hold anything against you either way. You were promoted to Forum Moderator status for a reason, so I believe the upper staff know that you are capable of making the best decisions for the forums.

So, with that out of the way. It's nice to see you again, Verbose. I've chatted with you every now and then so I'm very familiar with your role on this site. It's nice to see familiar faces that haven't decided to just up and leave like I did.

Sorry 'bout that, by the way. I just had too much on my plate at the time. I needed a break. I hope I didn't upset a lot of users for abandoning them. It's nothing personal against them, I just needed some breathing room.

@Zach

Hey-ay-ay-ayay! What's going on?

And it's fine. You didn't have to come say hi. It is appreciated, though, so thank you.

@Rin

Haha, thanks! I'm just a kooky guy with kooky thoughts who types how he talks, is all. I'm nothing special.

I feel like I should remember you from a year ago, but I don't. So just incase we haven't met, I'm Wsxdas, the coolest dinosaur ever. Good to meet you!

Cale wrote:

Who the fuck are you.

I the fuck am Jostin!

I was part of the third wave of users to come onto the site so I was around for a long time… at least until I went on my little hiatus.

I'm also a Sr. Forum Moderator for some dubious reason. Apparently I'm a nice guy who knows how to do stuff on the forums, but they should know better. I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

I feel like I should remember you from a year ago, but I don't. So just incase we haven't met, I'm Wsxdas, the coolest dinosaur ever. Good to meet you!

I think I remember your user name, though I was probably not as active by the time you got comfortable enough to converse on the forums with gusto, ergo we wouldn't really know each other as well as we should have.

Oh well, I guess overtime that can be resolved.

I must ask you a question, however. Are you a pterodactyl in pants? Because I know a pterodactyl and somebody who used to be in pants.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Hello Jostin, I shall nickname you Jack Frost. You 'k with that?

As in the mischief-starting, god-like being that was worshiped by vikings in Norse mythology?

Yeah, sure. That seems accurate.

I'd have gone with the serial killer turned snowman one, too.

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

I think I remember your user name, though I was probably not as active by the time you got comfortable enough to converse on the forums with gusto, ergo we wouldn't really know each other as well as we should have.

Oh well, I guess overtime that can be resolved.

I must ask you a question, however. Are you a pterodactyl in pants? Because I know a pterodactyl and somebody who used to be in pants.

Yup, I am a pterodactyl with pants. And I know both of those users. So yeah. Pants.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Well, I'm tired so I'm going to bed.

Did you know that I'm from England?

Why, yes I did.

It's blatantly mentioned on your user page in an awesomely formatted techno font.

I guess the newbies do have something weird and wonderful to contribute to the site. I approve!

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

Why, yes I did.

It's blatantly mentioned on your user page in an awesomely formatted techno font.

I guess the newbies do have something weird and wonderful to contribute to the site. I approve!

Who you callin neewwbee?

I'll have you know, I trained in the Navy and army and stuff and yeah and stuff and something else that's intimidating!

My name is futurekyle, and I've been an alcoholic for about 3 years now. It all started at a party in LA, and I never expected it to turn out like this… I've killed people, man… I'm a horrible person…

Le Bumpkin wrote:

My name is futurekyle, and I've been an alcoholic for about 3 years now. It all started at a party in LA, and I never expected it to turn out like this… I've killed people, man… I'm a horrible person…

So, what you're saying is you're just another normal, everyday guy from Los Angeles, right?

Nah, I'm just kidding, as I'm sure you are too.

Welcome to the party, good sir! Oh yeah, and to the site I guess (seeing as you've only been here for about half a month).

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

So, what you're saying is you're just another normal, everyday guy from Los Angeles, right?

Nah, I'm just kidding, as I'm sure you are too.

Welcome to the party, good sir! Oh yeah, and to the site I guess (seeing as you've only been here for about half a month).

Oh, I've already found my way around. Thanks though!

BTW, i'm not really from LA. Shhhh!

VanManner wrote:

Hi, my name is VanManner. I mostly just post images on the site. Welcome back, and thanks for adding me as your friend. =D

I remember when I used to post images on the site, there was a point where more than half the images on the site were my uploads, meaning that I held the record for most uploaded images for a very long time. I'm not sure if that's still true today, though.

And for that friendship thing, no worries, man! There's plenty of love and free hugs to go around.

Piano wrote:

I joined at around the time your activity was slowing down, so I never really got to know you. So… er… how's the wife?

I'm sorry, but how old do you think I am again?

Ignoring the subtle call of "How are you today, old man?", it's still a pleasure to meet you.

Hopefully, this thread will give users I haven't gotten to know a general gist of the insanity that spews from my thoughts to my fingertips.

Tomberry wrote:

Jostin!
Welcome back my friend. Hey, you didn't answer my message on your Facebook wall, you cheeky bastard.

Facebook? What is this Livre du Visage you speak of?

Is it something that I don't like frequenting that much because social networking is a poor excuse for staying connected with friends when the better alternative is actually hanging out with your friends and talking with one another but need anyways because the alternative is falling out of the loop with your family and your circle of buddies because every-friggin-body and their mother uses it and you wouldn't be able to converse with other people that you've only met online without it?

Yeah, if I knew what that was, I don't think I'd like it that much.

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

I'm sorry, but how old do you think I am again?

Ignoring the subtle call of "How are you today, old man?", it's still a pleasure to meet you.

Hopefully, this thread will give users I haven't gotten to know a general gist of the insanity that spews from my thoughts to my fingertips.

I was joking about the wife thing! But for a serious question, how have you been since you left? Any exciting things happen?

Piano wrote:

I was joking about the wife thing! But for a serious question, how have you been since you left? Any exciting things happen?

I just realized you're Russian Fedora. I'm slamming my head on the desk as I type this.

Exciting? Well, I'm a snowman that survived through the summer. That must be worth some points.

In all seriousness though, I was really active on deviantART for a while but I've slowed down there too on account of me getting a new job. I don't think you would really like me to show any of my drawings on account that I'm generally a pony artist.

I'm also in college learning how to animate, make 3D models, apps, and websites, so to answer your question, no I haven't done anything exciting… yet. Wait a couple of years and I may have something to show you. ;)

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

I just realized you're Russian Fedora. I'm slamming my head on the desk as I type this.

Exciting? Well, I'm a snowman that survived through the summer. That must be worth some points.

In all seriousness though, I was really active on deviantART for a while but I've slowed down there too on account of me getting a new job. I don't think you would really like me to show any of my drawings on account that I'm generally a pony artist.

I'm also in college learning how to animate, make 3D models, apps, and websites, so to answer your question, no I haven't done anything exciting… yet. Wait a couple of years and I may have something to show you. ;)

I didn't expect you to remember me, since you weren't very active when I joined!

But once you figure out how to make apps, you should totally make one that teaches Russian history.

Piano wrote:

I didn't expect you to remember me, since you weren't very active when I joined!

But once you figure out how to make apps, you should totally make one that teaches Russian history.

I. Remember. Everybody.

Because I'm a stalker…

As for your idea… maybe. I'm not really that knowledgeable on Russian history so it's possibly a no-go. I'll keep it in mind though.

I'm Sparty McFly, the one person in the background who does almost nothing productive yet is still there. And I seem to be a spaceship as of current.

Pleasure to meet you.

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

I'm Sparty McFly, the one person in the background who does almost nothing productive yet is still there. And I seem to be a spaceship as of current.

Pleasure to meet you.

But… you're not a DeLorean. You don't have style if you're not a DeLorean.

Anyways, pleasure to meet you too, Not Marty. I'm pretty sure, in time, you'll figure out your function on this site.

Jostin Asuncion wrote:

But… you're not a DeLorean. You don't have style if you're not a DeLorean.

Anyways, pleasure to meet you too, Not Marty. I'm pretty sure, in time, you'll figure out your function on this site.

Eventually, I will. Until then, I wander from place to place and do whatever happens to tickle my fancy until I get my shit together.

I mean, it's what I'm doing right now, can't hurt much more.

Also, I can be a DeLorean… I just need to find the dang time machine.

Well, I guess that wraps that number up. I have to go eat dinner and I may not be returning to this specific convo.

It was nostalgic, to say the least, to talk to people on this site again. I've met a lot of new faces that have been very nice to me and I am pleased to see that at least a portion of the forums show even the slightest sliver of kindness. I'm also glad that the forums are left in very capable hands. Good job, KYM. You make me proud.

Hopefully, it won't take me long to come back again. Just keep watching the sky, my fellow friends… snow clouds are coming.

Aw, did I miss all the fun? I'm so psyched to see Jostin back, and not just because there's a chance he'll make pictures for all the new mods that were added since the last time he did it…

Well, if you do come back, I'm Brucker, but I used to be called Brucker. I can't recall how long ago you left, but I spent all of 2011 changing my username and avatar on a near-weekly basis, so who knows how memorable I was.

Last May, I made a custom Tarot set with mainly oldfags, and I recall you were number XI, naturally:

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!