Forums / Discussion / General

168,564 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
AMA: Sarah, one of our new Internet Scientists!

Last posted Sep 12, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT. Added Aug 17, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
249 posts from 61 users

I have someone very special I would like you all to meet, Sarah Hiraki! She is one of our new internet scientists, as you may have seen, and she is afraid of the dark. She also likes snacks.

Ask her anything~~~

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT

What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?

Banh mi with all the possible meats and extra jalapenos.

I’m also partial to anything on a croissant or bagel.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:30PM EDT

i know i just asked madcat but it’s important

ice cream or frozen yogurt? elaborate and show your work

What was it like during the filming of your first episode?

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT

Forrest does a lot of acting/hosting work outside this show. What’s your previous experience on the internet?

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

i know i just asked madcat but it’s important

ice cream or frozen yogurt? elaborate and show your work

Ice cream. DUH. I like waffle cones, I like chunks. Though green tea has to be my favorite flavor.
Frozen yogurt is only good if you enjoy LYING TO YOURSELF.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:33PM EDT

madcat wrote:

What was it like during the filming of your first episode?

Sweaty. We have a lot of hot lights in a tiny room.
Also I realized that I’m probably illiterate, but we worked through it.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:34PM EDT

Sarah "Pikachu" Hiraki wrote:

Ice cream. DUH. I like waffle cones, I like chunks. Though green tea has to be my favorite flavor.

SOMEONE HAS NEVER BEEN TO A SELF-SERVE FROYO WITH ALL THE CANDY YOU CAN IMAGINE.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:38PM EDT

>Green tea is favorite flavor

I’m sorry, Amanda. Sarah may be my new favorite staff member for that reason alone.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:39PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Forrest does a lot of acting/hosting work outside this show. What’s your previous experience on the internet?

My last exposure to acting was on my high school debate team, so it’s been a long time since my glory days.
They internet and I go way back, I’m a graphic designer by trade, so falling in love with the internet and falling in love with photoshop went hand in hand during middle school. I used to have a (pretty embarassing) webcomic on livejournal and I was super into icontests there for a while. I was the token friend in high school that you asked to shoop all of your myspace photos for you, and used to troll on AIM and in yahoo chat a bunch.

Now I participate on the internet in undisclosed locations.
I never use reddit, which is weird, I guess. Aaaand then I met Forest and Alison and ended up on Know Your Meme.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:41PM EDT

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

SOMEONE HAS NEVER BEEN TO A SELF-SERVE FROYO WITH ALL THE CANDY YOU CAN IMAGINE.

TAKE ME TO THERE YOU BEAUTIFUL GENIUS.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT

Random 21 wrote:

Do you prefer pirates or ninjas?

ROBOTS! but if I’m limited to those two, ninjas, because I’m japanese and I wouldn’t want to dishonor my famiry.

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:44PM EDT

ROBOTS! but if I’m limited to those two, ninjas, because I’m japanese and I wouldn’t want to dishonor my famiry.

You obviously know nothing of sky piracy.

That is a joke.

Do you play video games? If so, favorites?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT

My last exposure to acting was on my high school debate team, so it’s been a long time since my glory days.
They internet and I go way back, I’m a graphic designer by trade, so falling in love with the internet and falling in love with photoshop went hand in hand during middle school. I used to have a (pretty embarassing) webcomic on livejournal and I was super into icontests there for a while. I was the token friend in high school that you asked to shoop all of your myspace photos for you, and used to troll on AIM and in yahoo chat a bunch.

Now I participate on the internet in undisclosed locations.
I never use reddit, which is weird, I guess. Aaaand then I met Forest and Alison and ended up on Know Your Meme.

Myspace, wow. I’ve entered a whole new world here.

I have a couple more questions.

First, you say you “ended up on Know Your Meme.” Could you elaborate? How exactly did you wind up in our little corner of the internet.

Next, what are your music preferences? Favorite group, singer, album, anything really.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 03:47PM EDT

WHO WAS PHONE?

And on a serious note, how did you get into this line of work? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything you’d like to share with your viewers that you haven’t had the opportunity to?

Aug 17, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

New internet scientist? Yay! This site really has been growing in the past few days, what with the new mods and promotions and all, and this is just icing on the cake!

Anyways, I have a few choice questions:
Is Hiraki your real last name?
Apparently you’ve just joined an hour ago. Have you ever had a previous account on this site before?
Are you familiar with this thread?
Have you ever met Jamie Dubs in person?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:03PM EDT

Your house is on fire. You have 30 minutes to secure what you can before the house goes down. Inside is your cat, your dog (you have both now), some old family photos and heirlooms, your car (for some reason) and your entire life savings. The car and pets will take 15 minutes to get out (each), everything else you can get out in 10.

What color is your toothbrush?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

Hello Sarah, are you single?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT

What is your favorite kind of dinosaur?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:44PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

You should date Tomberry.

He’s French.

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:51PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

He’s French.

>Not wanting the best French kisses

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT

Pancakes or waffles?
But I think you would say bagle instead.
Soooooo---
How are you?

Aug 17, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT

Kim Jong Is Swaggin wrote:

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

If you turn on HD in our videos, my face is of a comparable quality.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

He’s French.

“Hello Girl
This is crazy
But I’m French
And my name is Tomberry”

I get karma every freaking time I do your average European flirty casanova.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

“Hello Girl
This is crazy
But I’m French
And my name is Tomberry”

I get karma every freaking time I do your average European flirty casanova.

Sorry man, I was just smoking pod while doing some legal whores.

Damn, doesn’t sound as sexy when you’re Dutch.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:06PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Myspace, wow. I’ve entered a whole new world here.

I have a couple more questions.

First, you say you “ended up on Know Your Meme.” Could you elaborate? How exactly did you wind up in our little corner of the internet.

Next, what are your music preferences? Favorite group, singer, album, anything really.

I met Forest and Alison (and Rob) through other work at Cheezburger which will be released soon. From that point we all had some funny conversations about spaghetti in pockets and having stairs in our houses (and Dolan m also kind of a musical theatre snob. Big Sondheim fan. Huge.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:10PM EDT

I met Forest and Alison (and Rob) through other work at Cheezburger which will be released soon. From that point we all had some funny conversations about spaghetti in pockets and having stairs in our houses (and Dolan m also kind of a musical theatre snob. Big Sondheim fan. Huge.

This is the first time I’ve heard in relative detail how it is when KYM/Cheezburger staff talk to one another.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT
Aug 17, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

WHO WAS PHONE?

And on a serious note, how did you get into this line of work? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything you’d like to share with your viewers that you haven’t had the opportunity to?

MY DAD IS DEAD. and ruined my first date.
I got into making videos with KYM through being buds with Forest.

I just want you all to know that I’m stoked that you watch our videos! and that I’m obsessed with your comments (good and bad) and I read them all. Every last one.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:12PM EDT

Will we see you at “just for fun” threads?(especially shipping thread)

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:18PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

Your house is on fire. You have 30 minutes to secure what you can before the house goes down. Inside is your cat, your dog (you have both now), some old family photos and heirlooms, your car (for some reason) and your entire life savings. The car and pets will take 15 minutes to get out (each), everything else you can get out in 10.

What color is your toothbrush?

My house is definitely not on fire.
Purple.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:19PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

That is definitely a come on.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:21PM EDT

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

What is your favorite kind of dinosaur?

I love all dinosaurs and do not have a favorite, but my favorite prehistoric mammal is the giant ground sloth.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

Unfortunately not. ;)

Just give up Tomberry..

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:24PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

That sounds like something I tried to avoid in college.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:25PM EDT

Have you ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT

Alex Mercer wrote:

Do you love animes?

You know, I watch a lot less anime than I used to. I love cartoons in general, and have always been a fan of mainstream animes like Sailor Moon and pokemon.

K-On has been recommended to me, and I’d like to watch the rest of Haruhi.

Aug 17, 2012 at 05:27PM EDT

Sup! You must login or signup first!