Forums / Discussion / General

232,630 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
AMA: Sarah, one of our new Internet Scientists!

Last posted Sep 12, 2012 at 08:26PM EDT. Added Aug 17, 2012 at 03:26PM EDT
249 posts from 61 users

Forrest does a lot of acting/hosting work outside this show. What's your previous experience on the internet?

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:31PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

i know i just asked madcat but it's important

ice cream or frozen yogurt? elaborate and show your work

Ice cream. DUH. I like waffle cones, I like chunks. Though green tea has to be my favorite flavor.
Frozen yogurt is only good if you enjoy LYING TO YOURSELF.

Sarah "Pikachu" Hiraki wrote:

Ice cream. DUH. I like waffle cones, I like chunks. Though green tea has to be my favorite flavor.

SOMEONE HAS NEVER BEEN TO A SELF-SERVE FROYO WITH ALL THE CANDY YOU CAN IMAGINE.

>Green tea is favorite flavor

I'm sorry, Amanda. Sarah may be my new favorite staff member for that reason alone.

Fridge wrote:

Forrest does a lot of acting/hosting work outside this show. What's your previous experience on the internet?

My last exposure to acting was on my high school debate team, so it's been a long time since my glory days.
They internet and I go way back, I'm a graphic designer by trade, so falling in love with the internet and falling in love with photoshop went hand in hand during middle school. I used to have a (pretty embarassing) webcomic on livejournal and I was super into icontests there for a while. I was the token friend in high school that you asked to shoop all of your myspace photos for you, and used to troll on AIM and in yahoo chat a bunch.

Now I participate on the internet in undisclosed locations.
I never use reddit, which is weird, I guess. Aaaand then I met Forest and Alison and ended up on Know Your Meme.

ROBOTS! but if I'm limited to those two, ninjas, because I'm japanese and I wouldn't want to dishonor my famiry.

You obviously know nothing of sky piracy.

That is a joke.

Do you play video games? If so, favorites?

My last exposure to acting was on my high school debate team, so it's been a long time since my glory days.
They internet and I go way back, I'm a graphic designer by trade, so falling in love with the internet and falling in love with photoshop went hand in hand during middle school. I used to have a (pretty embarassing) webcomic on livejournal and I was super into icontests there for a while. I was the token friend in high school that you asked to shoop all of your myspace photos for you, and used to troll on AIM and in yahoo chat a bunch.

Now I participate on the internet in undisclosed locations.
I never use reddit, which is weird, I guess. Aaaand then I met Forest and Alison and ended up on Know Your Meme.

Myspace, wow. I've entered a whole new world here.

I have a couple more questions.

First, you say you "ended up on Know Your Meme." Could you elaborate? How exactly did you wind up in our little corner of the internet.

Next, what are your music preferences? Favorite group, singer, album, anything really.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 03:49PM EDT

WHO WAS PHONE?

And on a serious note, how did you get into this line of work? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything you'd like to share with your viewers that you haven't had the opportunity to?

New internet scientist? Yay! This site really has been growing in the past few days, what with the new mods and promotions and all, and this is just icing on the cake!

Anyways, I have a few choice questions:
Is Hiraki your real last name?
Apparently you've just joined an hour ago. Have you ever had a previous account on this site before?
Are you familiar with this thread?
Have you ever met Jamie Dubs in person?

Your house is on fire. You have 30 minutes to secure what you can before the house goes down. Inside is your cat, your dog (you have both now), some old family photos and heirlooms, your car (for some reason) and your entire life savings. The car and pets will take 15 minutes to get out (each), everything else you can get out in 10.

What color is your toothbrush?

Teh Brawler wrote:

You should date Tomberry.

He's French.

"Hello Girl
This is crazy
But I'm French
And my name is Tomberry"

I get karma every freaking time I do your average European flirty casanova.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 05:05PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

"Hello Girl
This is crazy
But I'm French
And my name is Tomberry"

I get karma every freaking time I do your average European flirty casanova.

Sorry man, I was just smoking pod while doing some legal whores.

Damn, doesn't sound as sexy when you're Dutch.

Fridge wrote:

Myspace, wow. I've entered a whole new world here.

I have a couple more questions.

First, you say you "ended up on Know Your Meme." Could you elaborate? How exactly did you wind up in our little corner of the internet.

Next, what are your music preferences? Favorite group, singer, album, anything really.

I met Forest and Alison (and Rob) through other work at Cheezburger which will be released soon. From that point we all had some funny conversations about spaghetti in pockets and having stairs in our houses (and Dolan <3) that lead to Forest asking if I'd be interested in contributing to the show, this all started about two months ago.

MUSIC:
I love Joanna Newsom. She is my all time favorite musician.

I'm also a big Jenny Lewis fan, also Sufjan Stevens, Kanye, Childish Gambino, Dirty Projectors, Wes Anderson Soundtracks.
and I'm also kind of a musical theatre snob. Big Sondheim fan. Huge.

I met Forest and Alison (and Rob) through other work at Cheezburger which will be released soon. From that point we all had some funny conversations about spaghetti in pockets and having stairs in our houses (and Dolan <3) that lead to Forest asking if I'd be interested in contributing to the show, this all started about two months ago.

MUSIC:
I love Joanna Newsom. She is my all time favorite musician.

I'm also a big Jenny Lewis fan, also Sufjan Stevens, Kanye, Childish Gambino, Dirty Projectors, Wes Anderson Soundtracks.
and I'm also kind of a musical theatre snob. Big Sondheim fan. Huge.

This is the first time I've heard in relative detail how it is when KYM/Cheezburger staff talk to one another.

Last edited Aug 17, 2012 at 05:13PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

WHO WAS PHONE?

And on a serious note, how did you get into this line of work? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything you'd like to share with your viewers that you haven't had the opportunity to?

MY DAD IS DEAD. and ruined my first date.
I got into making videos with KYM through being buds with Forest.

I just want you all to know that I'm stoked that you watch our videos! and that I'm obsessed with your comments (good and bad) and I read them all. Every last one.

Muffins wrote:

Your house is on fire. You have 30 minutes to secure what you can before the house goes down. Inside is your cat, your dog (you have both now), some old family photos and heirlooms, your car (for some reason) and your entire life savings. The car and pets will take 15 minutes to get out (each), everything else you can get out in 10.

What color is your toothbrush?

My house is definitely not on fire.
Purple.

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

Do you love animes?

You know, I watch a lot less anime than I used to. I love cartoons in general, and have always been a fan of mainstream animes like Sailor Moon and pokemon.

K-On has been recommended to me, and I'd like to watch the rest of Haruhi.

Sup! You must login or signup first!