Forums / Discussion / General

232,774 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Nintendo Power is Ceasing Publication

Last posted Aug 22, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT. Added Aug 21, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT
23 posts from 20 users

I've never really read it (more of a PlayStation master race represent person myself), but it's sad to see another gaming magazine pass into history – especially the only one I can think of off the top of my head which focuses on Nintendo platforms.

You'll be missed, Nintendo Power.

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

I've never really read it (more of a PlayStation master race represent person myself), but it's sad to see another gaming magazine pass into history – especially the only one I can think of off the top of my head which focuses on Nintendo platforms.

You'll be missed, Nintendo Power.

What's sad to me is that this was not only the longest-running gaming magazine to date (24 years as of now), but a chunk of my childhood.

Twenty-One wrote:

So is this like the official Nintendo magazine for America? If so, are they getting rid of the English version? (also made by future) I'm scared now.

This is the official North American magazine, yeah. Not sure about the english version, but I'm inclined to say yes, they are.

Teh Brawler wrote:

This is the official North American magazine, yeah. Not sure about the english version, but I'm inclined to say yes, they are.

Just found out that it was Ninty of America's decision to get rid of Nintendo Power, so the English version stays. Doesn't seem fair somehow, but it can't be helped.

WHAT

I still remember when I first got Nintendo Power back in '05. Back when the DS Phat was considered amazing and advanced technology, and when the Wii was still called the "Revolution."

One of these days, I'm gonna get a ton of old '90s Nintendo Power magazines, if only as a remembrance to it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!