Forums / Discussion / General

168,563 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread

Nintendo Power is Ceasing Publication

Last posted Aug 22, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT. Added Aug 21, 2012 at 04:11PM EDT
23 posts from 20 users

I’ve never really read it (more of a PlayStation master race represent person myself), but it’s sad to see another gaming magazine pass into history – especially the only one I can think of off the top of my head which focuses on Nintendo platforms.

You’ll be missed, Nintendo Power.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:14PM EDT

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

I’ve never really read it (more of a PlayStation master race represent person myself), but it’s sad to see another gaming magazine pass into history – especially the only one I can think of off the top of my head which focuses on Nintendo platforms.

You’ll be missed, Nintendo Power.

What’s sad to me is that this was not only the longest-running gaming magazine to date (24 years as of now), but a chunk of my childhood.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:17PM EDT

R.I.P
Really, I loved and still do love Nintendo Power. It’s a pretty fun magazine to this day. Seeing it go depresses me greatly.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:18PM EDT

B-but I loved Nintendo Power…Goodbye, my dear magazine. I shall miss you dearly. I’m going to find all my old copies and treasure them forever.

Last edited Aug 21, 2012 at 04:40PM EDT
Aug 21, 2012 at 04:27PM EDT

So is this like the official Nintendo magazine for America? If so, are they getting rid of the English version? (also made by future) I’m scared now.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:48PM EDT

Random 21 wrote:

So is this like the official Nintendo magazine for America? If so, are they getting rid of the English version? (also made by future) I’m scared now.

This is the official North American magazine, yeah. Not sure about the english version, but I’m inclined to say yes, they are.

Aug 21, 2012 at 04:52PM EDT

Sadly, Nintendo’s tip and trick magazine has been overeshadowed by the internet.
R.I.P Nintendo Power

Aug 21, 2012 at 05:30PM EDT

Awww. I’ve always been a huge Nintendo fangirl, and although I’ve never read more than a few issues of it, I recognize its impact upon Nintendo, and really, the entire game world itself.

It will be missed.

Aug 21, 2012 at 07:06PM EDT

I didn’t read it much, but I enjoyed it while it was around.
>mfw Nintendo Power ends its run

Aug 22, 2012 at 07:17AM EDT

Just another sign of the times. Used to read those during the NES days. Those were the days.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:17AM EDT

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not Nintendo Power!!!!!!

R.I.P. Nintendo Power. You will be forever in our hearts.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:16PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

This is the official North American magazine, yeah. Not sure about the english version, but I’m inclined to say yes, they are.

Just found out that it was Ninty of America’s decision to get rid of Nintendo Power, so the English version stays. Doesn’t seem fair somehow, but it can’t be helped.

Aug 22, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

WHAT

I still remember when I first got Nintendo Power back in ’05. Back when the DS Phat was considered amazing and advanced technology, and when the Wii was still called the “Revolution.”

One of these days, I’m gonna get a ton of old ’90s Nintendo Power magazines, if only as a remembrance to it.

Aug 22, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!