Forums / Discussion / General

232,894 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Occupation General

Last posted Aug 31, 2012 at 10:31AM EDT. Added Aug 27, 2012 at 01:35AM EDT
40 posts from 32 users

I like the KYM community, and I want to get to know them better. But instead of asking for ages and locations of residencies like some type of creeper, I thought a thread like this would be sufficient for everyone to learn a little bit about each other.

So, what do you do to keep food on the table? (AKA what is your job?)
As for me, I'm a fry cook.

Jackal Lantern wrote:

I'm a maintenance associate at Wal-Mart.

"Maintenance Associate" of course being a fancy way of saying I push carts and clean the shitters.

lol made me laugh xD

Graduate student, mostly. Most recently, an internship at a health department. I'll likely be working at one for the next few years. I generally like the atmosphere and focusing on helping a specific population.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Oh wait, wrong occupation…

I work as a Web developer. Although most of you probably already knew that. I'm not very subtle

I'm a chemist.

But I'm not either of those guys.

I'm also a recording engineer on the side, which means I get paid to push a button then sit through music students playing the same pieces over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Muffins wrote:

Completely unemployed. School starts in 3 days, if "college student" counts as an occupation.

I would think so. An occupation denotes that it is something that occupies your time. Of course, we all do something to spend time even while at leisure, but I think it's only an occupation if you can easily give it a title.

And school occupies a lot of time. As does work…I'll be glad when I can take classes for fun and not for a grade.

Construction project manager/Photographer/Artist

Making sure everything goes according to plan @ construction.
Taking photos of various music and artistic events around Toronto
And drawing something.

Also possibly starting an online community focused around MMOs but not sure when thats
gonna happen

I work cleaning dishes and doing all the other jobs the cooks and waiters don't want to do at a middle eastern resturant. Sometimes I am a wait and bus, but only when I am really needed.

I’m a graduate student, entering my last year of nursing school. I dare not deign myself to do the menial tasks y’all are accustomed to, have no intrinsic artistic merit, and no motivation to do anything productive, meaning I have no means of supporting myself financially. I mostly mooch off my roommate (nyeh) and friends to get the bills paid.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!