Forums / Discussion / General

232,890 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Cosplay General: Masters of Disguise

Last posted Oct 06, 2012 at 01:26AM EDT. Added Aug 28, 2012 at 11:48PM EDT
38 posts from 21 users

As some of you may know, I enjoy Cosplaying. You know this if you've ever seen this handsome motherfucker.

But I also know of a few other people who enjoy dressing up on this website, so I figured this would be a nice thread to have.

Post anything related to cosplaying. Your cosplays, other people's cosplays, or cosplay conventions.

I think I'll start off the thread by telling about a cosplay I'll be doing at a convention near my hometown of Mobile. You don't get many conventions this far down in Hillbilly Hell, and even when you do, they're not that fun, but I still like going to them, and this year I'm dressing up as Link, specifically, the incarnation of Link in Skyward Sword, since his hair is darker and I wouldn't have to dye my hair blonde.

But I noticed there was a flaw in my planning, I've grown a bit pudgy since my John Egbert cosplay, and since I want to actually LOOK like the hero garbed in green, and not like this:

I figured I'd get in shape the same way Link does, SWORDPLAY!

I crafted myself a shoddy wooden shield and borrowed my dad's machete. I live near a forest so everyday I've been going into the wood and cutting down small trees with the machete, and then I go back home and have my little sister throw softballs at me while I deflect them with my shield. I'm proud to say that I'm already losing a good bit of fat.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Best cosplay ever

I've never tried cosplaying. It sounds interesting, but it also sounds expensive. Anyone who knows me will know that I'm cheap.

It can be pretty pricy, depending on how detailed and good you want the costume you're making to be.

I love cosplay :3 I've done about one each year for the last four years (I'm too lazy to get any pics) but so far I have been Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club, Rhode from D.Gray-Man, Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man, and I made a Charmander ginjinka cosplay that I think is my favorite so far ^^ I had an idea earlier today to do a Link and Zelda cosplay for me and my guy friend, but I don't know if this dream will ever become reality.

Last edited Aug 29, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

I was once walking around in an anime convention… The only thing I decided to do was put on a pair of glasses.
I was asked if I was cosplaying, and was mistaken for multiple characters.
I simply put glasses on.

The easiest cosplays that are recognizable are TF2 cosplays. Spy is just a red/blue pinstripe suit with a matching balaclava mask. Scout is a red/blue sleeveless shirt, baggy-ish pants, tall socks, shoes, a hat, and a headset. Gets tougher from there, but still doable. It has the added bonus of being able to be deviated upon while still recognizable (I've heard of Pyro cosplayers using random garbage for hats).

Pff, you think TF2 cosplays are the easiest to pull off? You should see how easy it is to pull off a Death Note cosplay. You seriously just need to wear a white long sleeved t-shirt and baggy pants and you're already a DN character. Not to take away any credibility to said cosplays, it's actually good that they're so easy because that can help beginner cosplayers get into cosplaying.

Crimson Locks wrote:

Pff, you think TF2 cosplays are the easiest to pull off? You should see how easy it is to pull off a Death Note cosplay. You seriously just need to wear a white long sleeved t-shirt and baggy pants and you're already a DN character. Not to take away any credibility to said cosplays, it's actually good that they're so easy because that can help beginner cosplayers get into cosplaying.

Quality

Dac wrote:

Does Halloween count? That's the only time I dress up.

Halloween is the cosplay holiday! I used to dress up as movie characters every year, but I never went out trick-or-treating because I loath the outdoors. I stayed home and gave out candy, getting compliments on my costumes. I remember that the most terrifying one was V. Some kids reused to retrieve candy from me while I wore the mask, and quite a few others screamed or cried at me when I opened the door. Something about that mask is just horrifying to little children…

Last edited Sep 02, 2012 at 09:07PM EDT

The Next Anime Convention I plan to go to I shall be cosplaying as Claus F. Lester
The Summoner of Tales of Phantasia.

Some odd reason When I see Claus… I also see Rinnosuke Morichika….

Also I am more of the Make up Aspect of Cosplaying.

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 12:37PM EDT

Bitches don't know about my former Narutofaggotry.

Yes, our school had annual anime cosplays. God, was that fun. I even cosplayed as a schoolboy once, complete with an authentic identification card.

Flimsy wrote:

Yes, our school had annual anime cosplays. God, was that fun. I even cosplayed as a schoolboy once, complete with an authentic identification card.

You're not alone about the former Narutofaggotry my friend… you're not alone.

Currently working on getting my hands on a Green Arrow costume. I've got a friend who does paid commissions for costumes, and I'm dealing with the quiver and bow. I'm planning on going to ComicCon next summer

YES I AM A FANBOY SO WHAT

Flimsy wrote:

I used to love watching Naruto, but I lost track after the movie, and fell even further behind after Shippuden.

@Ann

Let us hear how you use your mom's makeup.

angstyHoodie wrote:

I used to love watching Naruto, but I lost track after the movie, and fell even further behind after Shippuden.

@Ann

Let us hear how you use your mom's makeup.

No you gotta buy the good stuff.
From specialty stores. Gotta buy a good array of things.
I can apply make up to dudes to make them look more female, and vice versa.
EDIT: I SO FUCKING WANT

Last edited Sep 06, 2012 at 02:40PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I will be dressing as Yuri Lowell for the next anime convention I am going to. And that is this weekend. Pics Incoming? Maybe. xD

GUYSGUYSGUYS!
I decided I will make a Harley Quinn cosplay! (hopefully in time for halloween) :D

I love her so much, and if I go through with this I will definitely wear it to PAX East and/or Anime Boston and/or Boston Comicon

Cosplay Mania 2012, with me as Shin Kuroi from Morenatsu

Kourin Rinnosuke, Doggy Momiji, some furfag me, and YOUKAI JESUS Byakuren

Jax from LoL

Me getting whacked

Also, all the ones asking to have pictures with me were teenage girls in moe cosplays. Furry and Chick Magnet in the same description? Fits Shin Kuroi, I guess.

Well its about DAMN time I post in my own thread. Anywho, after ages of shipping and arguing with UPS, parts of my costume finally came. The AWESOME parts.

Ignore the Ocarina, I know its the "Fariy" and should be the "of Time."

But yep, the sword and the sheild.

The sword;s blade is made of real metal, but it is dull like a training blade. The handle is made up of hardwood and what I assume is also some kind of metal. The sword is incredibly unbalanced, but its for a costume, not slaying monsters.

The shield is made out of fiberglass. It looks amazing. It is amazing.

Here are all the cloths and materials for the "costume" part of the costume.

Starting from the top is fake chainmail, the pants fabric, the undershirt fabric, and the tunic fabric. The two rolls of material to the side is leather, for the gloves.

And finally, all aboard the fun ship "I look like a fatass"

So much for all that working out. ;_;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats all until I break the sewing machine out. If you want amazon links for the sword and sheild send me a PM.

Last edited Oct 05, 2012 at 07:00PM EDT

Hello! You must login or signup first!