Forums / Discussion / General

168,565 total conversations in 5,400 threads

+ New Thread


Post Underrated Stuff

Last posted Sep 20, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT. Added Sep 03, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT
48 posts from 37 users

Do what the title says~desu!

Sep 03, 2012 at 10:43PM EDT




An ambitious and very creative dragon dogfighting game for the PS2 that unfortunately never lived up to its concept. It suffered from very poor development and management, and had a huge change somewhere in the middle of its development that cost it a ton of time and resources, so while still fun ended up subpar, garnering poor reviews and selling badly. I can only imagine how awesome this game would be if it was remade by a professional development team on a current-gen console with online multiplayer. drools

Sep 03, 2012 at 11:46PM EDT
Quote

Have I mentioned Crimson Skies enough?

Oh who am I kidding. No such thing as too much Crimson Skies if you ask me.

Sep 03, 2012 at 11:53PM EDT

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Not exactly worth the $60 at the time, but fuck it, I put so many hours into this game. Accomplishing everything took less time than I’d like, but damn it, it was always fun until there was nothing else to do.

I fucking hate Reach.

Sep 04, 2012 at 12:19AM EDT
Quote



A tank game set in WW2 North Africa. Absolutely wonderful gameplay, an amazing music track, and great graphics, even for today’s standards. One of the coolest aspects of the game was the fact that you could capture enemy tanks during battle in the main campaign and then use those vehicles in later missions. The tanks are faithfully constructed to historical designs, and the game’s damage calculation was pretty realistic too. You could expect a machine gun to wipe out the crew of a lightly armored truck, but do no damage whatsoever to a Tiger tank. On the flip side, the AI was a tad bit stupid, working mostly on the campaign’s scripted events, and being that I never found another soul who owned the game I never got to test out the multiplayer features. Still, this game was incredible, and deserves to be known about.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 12:56AM EDT
Sep 04, 2012 at 12:55AM EDT
Quote

IT IS A FUCKING OFFICIAL HALO. No but people spoke bad but never played the game but knew all RTS games suck apparently.

Sep 04, 2012 at 06:35AM EDT
Quote

Every single aspect of this game is genius. I could wax eloquently on the design of the levels, the incorporation of typical game mechanics seamlessly into the storyline, or the joys of burning squirrels, but the length of that post would make Verbose hang his head in shame.

Sep 04, 2012 at 10:48AM EDT
Quote

I don’t really have too many examples.
Maybe Disco? I wouldn’t know for certain though. Is Earth Wind and Fire disco?
Because I do not know a single person who hates this stuff, and I always thought it was disco.

I guess it has to do with music stereotypes. Techno is weird sounding electronic bees, heavy metal is dudes screaming in a microphone, and most notably, dubstep is a heavy WUBWUBWUB.

But I don’t know because I’m not entirely certain of its genre.
I still love Earth Wind and Fire, though.

Sep 04, 2012 at 02:43PM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.



I have so much fun with these.

Last edited Sep 04, 2012 at 04:00PM EDT
Sep 04, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT
Quote

Indie Games.

I mean in general. You never hear people talk about indie games as a group.

Sep 05, 2012 at 01:41AM EDT

Emperor’s New Groove. I seriously forgot how funny that show was.

Sep 05, 2012 at 06:07AM EDT
Quote

This game was heavily overshadowed by other first person shooters.

Such a shame.

It’s truly one of the best horror games ever made.


@Jack regarding Psychonauts:

Yes.

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 10:07AM EDT
Sep 05, 2012 at 09:56AM EDT
Quote

Gonna bring attention to an anime for a bit

This. Show. This show it set in THE FUTUUUUUURE in a dystopian city blah blah bla-OH MY GOD PARASITE BEES THAT GROW UNDER YOUR SKIN AND KILL YOU WHEN THEY MATURE

  • hides in corner *

But in all seriousness, this anime did one of the things I think is the most important thing when telling a story. I fucking cared about the characters and what happened to them. And the series is only like 11 episodes, so you have no excuse to not watch it!

Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT
Sep 05, 2012 at 01:12PM EDT
Quote

I feel I should post something else (because I may or my not have misread the title)

If your read Cracked , you might know about the amount of hate in the comment section of her columns. Anyone know why?

Sep 05, 2012 at 02:53PM EDT
Quote

This was one of the first web toons I ever watched:

The entry on this doesn’t do it justice. It’s one of the funniest, most vulgar and thought provoking pieces of nonsense I’ve ever seen.

Site here

Sep 05, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT
Quote

Jack Candle wrote:

Every single aspect of this game is genius. I could wax eloquently on the design of the levels, the incorporation of typical game mechanics seamlessly into the storyline, or the joys of burning squirrels, but the length of that post would make Verbose hang his head in shame.

I’ve heard absolutely fantastic things about this game, and remembered loving the 3 minutes of demo I got at Toys ‘r Us as a kid before my parents could drag me away. And now it’s rereleased on the Playstation Store. Time to make up for lost time.

Sep 05, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT
Quote

88y8y8 wrote:

I feel I should post something else (because I may or my not have misread the title)

If your read Cracked , you might know about the amount of hate in the comment section of her columns. Anyone know why?

I know I’ve seen that banner before, but I have no memory of the articles I read by her xP so I can’t help you there.

Sep 05, 2012 at 10:02PM EDT
Quote

The Other Tribes Games


Last edited Sep 05, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Sep 05, 2012 at 10:18PM EDT

Crimson Locks wrote:

I know I’ve seen that banner before, but I have no memory of the articles I read by her xP so I can’t help you there.

Here are some of her articles.

As for underrated products, I have to go with this:

I was sad to see it go. (And yes, I realize it was relatively popular, but if it was well-rated, it would still be on, wouldn’t it?)

Sep 05, 2012 at 10:32PM EDT
Quote

This. History’s Strongest Disciple Kenichi

It’s a nice long-running series that doesn’t repeat itself over and over.

Sep 05, 2012 at 11:12PM EDT
Quote

88y8y8 wrote:

I feel I should post something else (because I may or my not have misread the title)

If your read Cracked , you might know about the amount of hate in the comment section of her columns. Anyone know why?

If I just had to take a guess, I’d think it’s because her articles usually don’t cover the pop culture-y things that the rest of the authors are known for. I don’t hate her myself, but she doesn’t have the brash vulgarity of someone like John Cheese to make up for not talking about an inherently interesting subject.

Sep 06, 2012 at 12:31AM EDT
Quote

Twilitlord wrote:

Here are some of her articles.

As for underrated products, I have to go with this:

I was sad to see it go. (And yes, I realize it was relatively popular, but if it was well-rated, it would still be on, wouldn’t it?)

I. FRIKIN. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

It’s like the perfect show to cheer me up, or to watch when I’m having a sick day and want to just bundle up with a cup of tea.

As for the negative comments towards Christine H… Meh, everyone on cracked gets negative comments on their articles for stupid reasons. Actually, I saw a few nay-sayers on her articles get downvoted into oblivion.

Sep 06, 2012 at 02:03AM EDT
Quote


People always talk about the arcade game and the latest game when talking about good Simpsons games. This tends to slip by the radar.

Sep 06, 2012 at 07:21PM EDT
Quote

Rin Tezuka wrote:


People always talk about the arcade game and the latest game when talking about good Simpsons games. This tends to slip by the radar.

It may be a simple GTA clone, but I had a ton of fun with it back in the day. Great game.

Sep 06, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT
Quote

SHAKE II

The game was a slot machine that had music, art, and some cartoons for the characters. It was EPIC. The most famous of the music and characters is F.K, a robot equivalent of 18-Volt. In fact, his theme was ported over for the Wacky Races map in Team Fortress 2.

Sonic R

JonTron thinks its bad;

AdamantDitto thinks its somewhat good;

I think Sonic R is a good, fun game is because he doesn’t race in a kart, car, or on a hoverboard. Because, you know, he is the FASTEST THING ALIVE?! Besides, the selection of characters are weak, yet, a little original (Metal Knuckles, Talls Doll, Robo-Eggman) Controls are bad, but you get used to it, and if you think Sonic R is the worst Sonic game, you are WRONG.

“Bonanza Bros”

and finally…

Eight Marbles


(Yes, Seto Kaiba is in this game series; Screw the rules, I have green hair!)

Also known as " The Eight Secret Stones" or “Eithmarbula”, there’s quite a bit that can be said about this obscure game, but it’s just easier to say that it’s a combo-heavy freeware fighter with a lot of fanservice. A (significantly better) sequel was also released which deals with Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!) as one of the boss characters who tells the story. There is also a “18+” version which is generally a ryona version where all the girls fight with their apple-bottoms and fart… seriously, but its still as good, maybe even better, than the regular versions, and no, I’m NOT kidding.

The game features various characters from various different places (particularly anime and manga, including Yu-Gi-Oh!). It’s got pretty great visuals, though the sprites (while colorful and cute) are fairly simple. The choice of music is fair (though the sequel has epic music) and the characters have lots of different moves and such. It’s weird…there are several videos of 8 Marbles on YT, but most of them are the Ura/Ryona version, and not the original.

Sep 07, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT

Biotic Zombie wrote:

This. All of this.

We gotta get Crytek to make another TimeSplitters (they own the franchise now but haven’t done anything with it)

Sep 08, 2012 at 07:31AM EDT
Quote

Pink Tokyo wrote:

This was one of the first web toons I ever watched:

The entry on this doesn’t do it justice. It’s one of the funniest, most vulgar and thought provoking pieces of nonsense I’ve ever seen.

Site here

I watch this all the time, but I do agree that it is really underrated…

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:40PM EDT
Quote

this was underrated when it first aired. Even now there’s a bunch of haters at my school that have never watched it and still think it’s “gay”

Sep 18, 2012 at 09:44PM EDT
Quote


Got overshadowed by Mario Kart.
City Trial was a masterpiece.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:08PM EDT
Quote

Rin Tezuka wrote:


People always talk about the arcade game and the latest game when talking about good Simpsons games. This tends to slip by the radar.

One of my favorite games of all time.

I grew up with this game on my PS2 that I found of hard garbage day. ( I also found this game there as well)

One of the first video games I ever played.

Last edited Sep 19, 2012 at 06:01AM EDT
Sep 19, 2012 at 06:00AM EDT

KI....D wrote:


Got overshadowed by Mario Kart.
City Trial was a masterpiece.

Nuoh my god, that beautiful feeling when you’ve gotten your hands on Dragoon and you have like, 12 Glide patches and you never touch the ground ever again

Sep 20, 2012 at 05:55PM EDT
Quote

Jack Candle wrote:

Nuoh my god, that beautiful feeling when you’ve gotten your hands on Dragoon and you have like, 12 Glide patches and you never touch the ground ever again

Or when you get Hydra, run around and destroy the competition, then get Dragoon and win the Stadium. Sucks that Hydra isn’t actually all that great at fighting events due to the charge time. Also, Swerve Star is best star, all day, everyday.

Sep 20, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!