Forums / Discussion / General

168,585 total conversations in 5,401 threads

+ New Thread

Touhou General

Last posted Dec 31, 2012 at 08:32PM EST. Added Sep 10, 2012 at 03:23PM EDT
96 posts from 21 users

Rin Tezuka wrote:

Official Touhou thread rule: At some point in the thread, someone will bring up Power Levels.

Fine. My other favorite, who is an Extra Stage boss, but not necessarily that powerful story-wise.

I think. I mean, she only controls the subconscious.

Oct 06, 2012 at 08:19AM EDT
Last Pose 24 days ago

I WON’T let this Thread Die!!

See more on Know Your Meme

Last edited Oct 31, 2012 at 07:34AM EDT
Oct 31, 2012 at 07:24AM EDT

So is Chen Great or Greatest 2hu?

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:29AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

I challenge everyone to guess what my favorite Character, Spell Card (player and Boss), Boss Fight, and Song is.

They are actually not the obvious ones.

Byakuren is your favorite

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:04PM EDT

I keep listening to Touhou Remixes a LOT~!
I’m currently hooked up with the House Sets
and especially with the Magical Astronomy

Renko and Maribel are so Underrated and easily to miss in Touhou fandom!

Last edited Nov 01, 2012 at 08:12AM EDT
Nov 01, 2012 at 08:12AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

Byakuren is your favorite

Cheater, I told you over the chat.

--
Favorite Character: Byakuren (to be fair, at the time I gave the challenge it was Yukiko)
Favorite Theme: Emotional Skyscraper
Favorite Player Spellcard: Master Spark
Favorite Enemy Spellcard: Devils Recitation
Favorite Boss Fight: 10 Desires Stage 4, vs Seiga and Miyako

Last edited Nov 02, 2012 at 08:39PM EDT
Nov 02, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT

Shikieiki has the most beautiful legs I have ever scene.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:47PM EST

News: Hopless Masquerade now has a Gameplay Trailer

Seems you are always flying in this game, changing elevation depending on where you and the opponent dash or are hit to. And the Spellcard System from SWR and UNL are gone in place of a more traditional super-combo system.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 02:00AM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 01:58AM EST

Think of it like this.
The spell cards have been replaced by button commands, down forward punch, etc.
I do have a slight problem having it take place in air, but then again this isn’t the first 2D fighter that had aerial combat in it, but will take out a couple of mechanics for more tricker things to make combo’s insanely long, and time consuming to practice.

Nov 23, 2012 at 03:30AM EST

The fact that there is the lack of the SWR/UNL Spellcard Customization means that each character will likely be restricted to 3-5 spellcards in their moveset. I am fine with this, as I didn’t really need 3 varations of the Yin Yang orb spells or 4 variations of the Master Spark spells.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 06:17PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 06:16PM EST

Button input does not really limit how many specials a character can have.
Infact in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Dante has nearly 40 special moves, so nearly 40 different button inputs.

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:19PM EST

Spellcards are essentially Super/Hyper Combo moves within the Touhou Series. Yeah, the characters can have many different shot types, but more than 3-5 super combos will usually become a clusterfuck of power draining moves.

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:22PM EST

I just have to wait and see, and get my hands on the game to see all the possibilities, and potential “technology” that can be discovered when playing.

Nov 23, 2012 at 06:25PM EST

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

The fact that there is the lack of the SWR/UNL Spellcard Customization means that each character will likely be restricted to 3-5 spellcards in their moveset. I am fine with this, as I didn’t really need 3 varations of the Yin Yang orb spells or 4 variations of the Master Spark spells.

When it’s just simple combos, I can understand the reason for different variations of the same attack. In Blazblue, Noel’s optic barrel could be used in combination with A, B or C, and based on what you pressed would make the explosive mark appear either at short, medium or long distance. A quick and easy combo, so no confusion necessary ones you know the difference, allowing for quick adaptation of your strategy during play.

With fucklong combos like the spellcards, I can understand how 3 variations are just annoying. ABB234C22D going in a slightly different angle than AAB234C22D would just make fighting hella confusing.

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 08:35PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 08:34PM EST

You realize not many just understood what you posted, or did you do that on purpose?

(Regarding the number, and letters thing, which I personally find confusing so I don’t use when explaining to people button commands)

Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 09:04PM EST
Nov 23, 2012 at 08:52PM EST

>_< The Japanese pull off the most enraging april fools day pranks ever.

Going to put this much work into a fake trailer, might as well make the damn game! Dx

Nov 28, 2012 at 02:15PM EST

I remember last winter when my friend and I had to study for our Comp Sci final, so I downloaded every Touhou game onto his computer and we worked out a system where we studied for an hour and played one of the games for an hour. We never got anywhere because we didn’t play on anything less than lunatic mode.
We totally bombed that final by the way.
On a side note, I did record my self failing at the first game. It’s pretty bad (both my skill at the game and my humor).

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:26AM EST

Megalolzors wrote:

In your opinion, who’s the most difficult Touhou boss?

Thus far Patchouli has given me the most grief, as her attack patters completely change depending on what character and shot style you pick. Same is true for many 4th stage bosses, as Zun has a habit of having those be much different depending on the character you pick. (6 had Patacholi change her spell list, 7 had 3 different bosses for each character despite many of their attacks being shared, 8 has Reimu or Marisa, 11 had freaken Satori and her aresenal of copy-cat spells)

However, currently I am haveing trouble with the following:
~Flandre (Second Spellcard)
~Chen (Extra Stage)
~Mokou (Third to last Spellcard)
~Sanae (normal mode)
~Satori (normal mode)
~Shou (normal mode, and UFO is just brutal as it is)
~Miko (normal. Even though the game looks much easier it’s pace is so painfully slow for me I get inpatient most of the time and die on accident. Also, in game resources are extremely low for a Touhou game)

Last edited Dec 07, 2012 at 08:05PM EST
Dec 07, 2012 at 07:59PM EST

Well…
I downloaded EoSD, and I am running it on Windows 8.

Dec 08, 2012 at 11:17AM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Why would you use Windows 8 in the first place.

Lets just say my old laptop was broken in half.

Dec 08, 2012 at 01:42PM EST

I need five names for characters that would be good as protagonist assists. Names excluded for reasons are Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, Sakuya Izayoi, Youmu Konpaku, Alice Margatroid, Eirin Yagokoro, Genjii, Ellen, Kotohime, Yuuka, Rin Satsuki, Nitori Kawashiro and Sanae Kochiya.

Dec 22, 2012 at 03:27PM EST

Quite certain I know what you are up to, so;

Reimu has been assisted by Yukari Yakumo, Aya Shameimaru, Suika Ibuki, and Genjii.

Marisa has been assisted by Alice Margatroid, Nitori Kawashio, and Patchouli Knowledge.

Sakuya has been assisted by Remelia Scarlet, though she could easily get Meiling or Patchouli to help her out.

Youmu has Yuyuko and Yukari. Bit of a loner compared to everyone else.

Dec 22, 2012 at 04:53PM EST

@Rinsankajugin: Oh, is that so? Willing to spill any details?

New Hopeless Masquerade Video:

Plenty of Background Characters shown this time around. And we get to see one of Marisa’s Spellcards in action.

Also, Comiket 83 will be releasing the following Touhou related material on December 30th, the Touhou dedicated day:
~Touhou 13.5 Hopeless Masquerade Demo.
~Touhou Anime PVD4
~East New Sound’s “Auxiliary Brightness”
~East New Sound’s “Blaze Out the Instrumental”
~Buta-Otome’s “Chess”
~Buta-Otome’s “Hikari”
~Buta-Otome’s “Touhou Keyboard Cat 6”
~DiGiTAL WiNG’s “Frozen Traveler”
~DiGiTAL WiNG’s “JULIANA’S TOHO Vol.2”
~TAMUSIC’s “Refined Touhou Lullaby”
~TAMUSIC’s “Touhou String Performance LAZERAZE
~Conagusuri’s “Cluster Amaryllis”
~T.Piacere’s “Drizzle Doll”
~Amateras Records “Emotionally Resonance”
~UI-70’s “Paradigm Shift/Paradise Lost”
~556ミリメートル(556Mirameetoru’s?) “Precious- Singing Beautiful Girls”
~Halozy’s “Snow Melody”
~Yuuhei Satellite “The Time When You’ve Touched My Wet Hair”
~とらのあな’s (Yaranoana’s?) “Touhou Magical Girls: Ultimate☆Reimu”

Personally, I am going to go straight for the Demo and PVD4. TAMUSIC and East New Sound’s music is always good, so I will be keeping my eyes out for them. As for Ultimate Reimu, yeah I will be actively seeking that one out.

As a side note, the PV of Memories of Phantasm, Imperishable Night was finished Last October.

I am still unable to see if this is going to be a full episode or not, but I really hope it does become one.

Last edited Dec 22, 2012 at 07:13PM EST
Dec 22, 2012 at 06:43PM EST

Hopeless Masquerade looks absolutely awesome. As for Web at War, changing it to an RPG leads to more characters and much more story, though I will say this… IT WILL REQUIRE A LONG SCRIPT. I’ll just see how the characters meld together. :P

Dec 22, 2012 at 07:32PM EST

Managed to dig this up. Here is a preview of all Doujinshi Games going to be released at Comiket 83, starting with all the Touhou ones.

@Rinsankajugin: What gameplay format will it follow? I would suggest a Fire Emblem/Super Robot Wars style due to the large cast.

Last edited Dec 22, 2012 at 08:35PM EST
Dec 22, 2012 at 08:28PM EST

Ah’m actually thinking of doing it Project X Zone style with pair and solo units, except with more roaming. If that doesn’t work, I could do SRW-style.

Last edited Dec 22, 2012 at 08:55PM EST
Dec 22, 2012 at 08:54PM EST

First in the Touhou Anime PVD4

The rest will be released on the 30th.

@Rinsankajugin: That will definitely work. Though codeing it may be a bitch.

Dec 26, 2012 at 01:47PM EST

I like the character design in the above video.
I also realized this video parodies Tekken
(Also it had more melee combat than the usual Touhou vid, and thus I feel compelled to watch.)

Last edited Dec 26, 2012 at 02:43PM EST
Dec 26, 2012 at 02:36PM EST

Demo is out tomorrow! TODAY!!! I forgot Japan is a day ahead of me!

Last edited Dec 29, 2012 at 03:39PM EST
Dec 29, 2012 at 03:27PM EST

To put my thoughts in a nutshell; This is essentially a controllable version of Immaterial and Missing Power. Even though I am not good at fight games I can at least control it.

However, there is no training mode, so I am having trouble getting adjusted to it and I can’t see all the Spellcards. :<

Also, Reimu has learned how to jump from the sides of the screen (disappear on one end and appear out the other) without Yukari’s Help. (Or should I say “Re-Learned It” because she did it a bajillion times when you fought her in Imperishable Night.)

Dec 30, 2012 at 02:34PM EST

Alright, if Background Characters are any indication of who is going to be in it…

Yukari, Remelia, Sakuya, and Patacholi are not going to be playable in HM. Neither are the Fairy Trio, Prismriver Sisters, White Lilly, Nazrin, Murasa (Actually quite surprised at this), or Nue. Though it’s sad that the old playables aren’t going to be returning this time around, can’t say anyone didn’t call it. (And the wails of One Million Sakuya Fanboys can be heard from even the moon)

And considering the theme of the game and the people de-confirmed, I can guess that Team Buddhist is going to be made up of Ichirin, Shou, Byakuren, and maybe Mamizou or Kyouko. Team Taoist and Team Shinto are a little harder to predict still.

Dec 31, 2012 at 04:03PM EST

Even after everything I’ve seen of it, Touhou remains a mystery to me. If I look it up on youtube I find bullet hell gameplay, and if I see fan discussions of it, it looks like an anime. I feel like I’m being tricked somehow.

Dec 31, 2012 at 08:32PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!