Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

4th Annual HallowMEME Costume Party

Last posted Oct 10, 2012 at 12:02PM EDT. Added Sep 19, 2012 at 11:36AM EDT
28 posts from 19 users

Well, I'm not making the drive/flight either. I think we could participate here by cosplaying and posting images though. I highly doubt that most people would even consider going unless they lived in or near NYC.

I'm not going to be able to do this, even though I'm currently in Massachusetts. I don't have time to take out of schoolwork to go to New York City for a convention. I might consider doing the cosplaying thing that Verbose suggested above me, however. But only if we can get other people on board with it, though. I don't want to stand out as the only one participating.

(Look at me, referring to myself as part of the KYM community with the rest of you conversationalists and moderators! I haven't been accepted just yet.)

I live close enough (Central NJ, maybe 4 hours tops) but due to the fact I'm 14, I don't think going to an adult costume party would be a good idea.

However, I am 90% sure that I'm going to be Slenderman this year. I'm getting a white Morph Suit with a real suit, a White and Tuxedo Morph Suit, or just a white Mask with a real suit.

I'm always pretty happy about stuff like this -- but I mean -- this is the internet. Why do we actually have to meet a place, when the internet isn't a place. How about commencing a giant-ass digital hangout?

BalisticDerr wrote:

>Tumblr Headquarters
>Bronycon
>Now this

Who chose New York as the capital of the internet?

Brony con, tumblr, and hallow meme= capital of Internet?

Anyways, its on the otherwise of the country for me, plus I wouldnt go anyways.

404 user not found wrote:

Bitch get on my level.

Oh, what's that you were saying?

I couldn't hear you over my 1,264 mile road trip.

Inb4 someone from California one-ups me.

Dac wrote:

Brony con, tumblr, and hallow meme= capital of Internet?

Anyways, its on the otherwise of the country for me, plus I wouldnt go anyways.

Who chose USA as the country of the internet?

Herobrine wrote:

Who chose USA as the country of the internet?

The US created the first network ARPANET, which was attributed to a lot of people. Some worked on the hardware and others worked on packet switching etc.

Tim Berners-Lee invented the world wide web (WWW) for CERN to facilitate more effective sharing of information.

Al Gore created the High Performance Computing and Communication Act of 1991, which help the form the internet as we know it in the US.

But really, that's besides the point. When you have some of the biggest names in the Internet with headquarters there ( google, YouTube, yahoo, eBay, and Facebook to name a few), I thinks it's earned the right to be called that. It's silicon valley for christs sake!

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 04:33PM EDT

opspe wrote:

Looks like we'll be taking the same route through the US. Want to carpool?

Split the gas money. Shouldn't be a problem. I am assuming you also have your driver's license so we can switch seats.

iiBradders wrote:

Anybody who attends this deserves to be shot in the face

Have his face eaten woud be more related to memes, but shot-in-the-face-guy sounds like a decent meme, although a bit 9gaggy.

But hey, you haven't been posting here for too long, so I don't blame you for mixing up different memes.

RandomMan wrote:

Have his face eaten woud be more related to memes, but shot-in-the-face-guy sounds like a decent meme, although a bit 9gaggy.

But hey, you haven't been posting here for too long, so I don't blame you for mixing up different memes.

I am sorry I am le newfag canser 2 ur ebin websit :DDDDDDD X---DDD

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!