Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

CheezBurger Reality Show on Bravo

Last posted Sep 25, 2012 at 01:13PM EDT. Added Sep 20, 2012 at 07:29PM EDT
23 posts from 19 users

Twilitlord wrote:

We're not in it?

Fine, let's make our own show! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack!

*forget the T.V. show!

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this.

Lodger (1979) wrote:

Predictions-with-no-facts-behind-them time! How many seasons will it last? My bet is 2.

The pictures on the site remind me of these cheesy sitcoms nobody cares about. But the show can go multiple ways:

• Scripted Reality: They tell us it's real but plenty of situations were set up behind the scenes. These shows can be a hit or miss (or both, coughJersyShorecough).
  • Actual reality, but they only show the interested parts. Knowing how "interesting" an office is, I don't thinks this way will be succesful. People want to see funny images related to memes, not how they get selected. Especially not those that visit Facebook and 9gag.
  • Fiction. They'll try a The Office type of show. Something which I don't think will work out with Cheezburger imo.

But it shows how corporations are trying to jump on the internet culture bandwagon. When they're making tv shows about those that host the sites that share meme content, they see profit. They wouldn't ask Cheez for this show if it didn't promise any profit.

At this point I'm just hoping they'll show us where it went wrong with the episodes.

It's also only a matter of time before people start calling Cheez sell-outs. People already call sites sell-outs the moment they start using sponsored ads, Cheez is actually getting a tv show.

Last edited Sep 21, 2012 at 08:24AM EDT

Even if KYM isn't involved at all, I can see Forest in the background.
I foresee people whining about that in the future, the same way many raiders, some years ago, thought that mememolly was part of the KYM crew. KYM even made a cameo episode about it (read the meme expert incident)

Last edited Sep 21, 2012 at 01:28PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

You see a Cheezburger show, I see raids, and lot's of 'em. 4chan's going to have a field day with this.

I never thought of that, to be honest. There's no possible way that 4chan could be very happy with Cheezburger right now, assuming word has spread yet.

Tomberry wrote:

Even if KYM isn't involved at all, I can see Forest in the background.
I foresee people whining about that in the future, the same way many raiders, some years ago, thought that mememolly was part of the KYM crew. KYM even made a cameo episode about it (read the meme expert incident)

Yes, Forest is in it. And for that matter, So is Sarah and Alison are in as well.
ABORT NOW, WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!!

Last edited Sep 22, 2012 at 06:00AM EDT

(reenactment to my thoughts while reading through this thread)
I watched a clip from the show and Forrest was acting serious. It was such a shock to my system that I think I wouldn't be able to watch the show-
wait …sarah's in it.

What was I saying again

Last edited Sep 22, 2012 at 05:38PM EDT

>watches online preview of first episode

Looks something like The Office. I'm gonna see If I can't watch it on TV soon.

Last edited Sep 24, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!