Forums / Discussion / General

232,813 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

US 2012 Live Presidential Debates

Last posted Oct 05, 2012 at 04:09PM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2012 at 09:47PM EDT
18 posts from 13 users

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Brace yourself…Big Bird meme is coming:

Yeah, I had it open in another tab and was reading the forums when suddenly I hear "I'll cut the PBS subsidy."

WHAT?

Cirno deleted his post, so it looked like I'd double posted. I feel my point still needs to be said, so Edit.

Guys, note he didn’t say that he wants to get rid of PBS. He just wants to stop funding it with government money.

Might as well be killing it though, the only way it would stay alive would be commercializing it. I’m sure they don’t get enough donations.

Last edited Oct 03, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Cut funding to the PBS!?!

Not just cut it; Romney wants to remove all government funding from them altogether, essentially put them at the same level as CBS, FOX, and NBC.

So there’s that.

I was just waiting for this thread to top up after watching the stream today.

So lets start getting some discussion going. What do you guys think of the candidates performance in this debate?

I was talking about it with my Dad and we seemed to agree that Romney spoke with more confidence this round and was able to put his points forward very strongly. While Obama seemed to be choosing his words more carefully. Romney seemed to be more aggressive and quicker to make personal remarks about Obama or put words in his mouth, although both speakers did that, Romney just did it a little more.

However strongly they made their points though, both of them could easily be questioned on their claims. I wasn't perfectly sold on either speakers arguments. EG: Romneys claims of Obamacare costing jobs; hasn't unemployment actually gone down during Obama's administration? But on the other hand Obama didn't seem to make a convincing argument that Obamacare was really delivering all the benefits he insisted it was. I don't know if they actually are, I'm just critiquing how well the speakers made their points.

I'd like to see these debates made with more actual proof presented rather than "He said this and that happened!"

I liked that both candidates expressed that they would be willing to cooperate with each others party and focus on problem solving rather than arguing. That's what I want to hear.

I think I'm still leaning towards Obama because I didn't like how Romney wants to continue pumping the military up with cash. Somehow I don't think they need it unless Romney plans on extending warfare for more years to come

But I can see how votes could go either way (At least for the voters that aren't dedicated to one particular party no matter what happens)

Last edited Oct 04, 2012 at 02:12AM EDT

@general grievous
Well, No one asked you to post, so if you don't give a fuck, don't post.
Also, Now I could be wrong, but hear me out k? I do think that the USA does have at least some influence in the world, so its not totally irelavant to a non American.

I do think this should be settled on a pokemon battle to be honest.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!