Forums / Discussion / General

232,890 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

TSA Scanners

Last posted Oct 08, 2012 at 09:49PM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 01:59PM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

iiBradders wrote:

Has anybody flying to or from the USA chosen to opt out of the TSA scanners and had a pat down ?

I would like to know

1.How did you opt out?
2.How long did said pat down take?
3.Did you feel ok during pat down?

The real question is, why would you want to avoid TSA scanners unless you were trying to get something onto a plane that you shouldn't have?

I was on a flight a few years back
Complied with the scanner, didn't feel awkward or anything…until a TSA official decided I needed "further inspection" as they put it
They didn't find jack-shit, what the were checking for turned out to be nothing more than a fold in my cargo shorts with set off red lights in their heads
To be honest, a simple wand would have been fine, but a pat-down just felt uncomfortable
Same thing happened a few months later on a flight
To think of it, I get identified as "suspicious" a lot :/

I've been through the scanners many times, I fly a lot, and honestly, I don't care. I don't care if I get pat downs or whatever. At least my plane won't blow up mid flight. Anyways, people get pat down entering music festivals and even county fairs if the wand goes off. It's not really that out of the ordinary.

Interesting. I flew in and out of USA twice from NZ last year and I swear I never had to stand in front of those full body scanners (I think you are talking about those. If you mean just regular scanners, well duh). Doesn't LAX has them?

Unless they are really subtle and I just didn't know I was walking through them.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Interesting. I flew in and out of USA twice from NZ last year and I swear I never had to stand in front of those full body scanners (I think you are talking about those. If you mean just regular scanners, well duh). Doesn't LAX has them?

Unless they are really subtle and I just didn't know I was walking through them.

No, you know when you go through them.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!