Forums / General

191,162 total conversations in 5,242 threads

+ New Thread

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Last posted Oct 16, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT
67 conversations with 40 participants

I’ve been getting constant updates from it from one person/page on facebook…

Oct 09, 2012 at 01:14PM EDT

There is some good reason I never take PETA seriously.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 04:06PM EDT
Oct 09, 2012 at 04:05PM EDT

I swear PETA is full of trolls.
Getting so desperate at a point in a attempt to try to attack a game about fictional creatures.
But unfortunately these people are obviously serious, sadly.

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 04:31PM EDT
Oct 09, 2012 at 04:29PM EDT

PETA’s recent track of insane, attention-grabbing remarks and opinions remind me way too much of this
So far they’re up there with radical feminists, but they’re approaching the link’s level of batshit insane alarmingly fast

Last edited Oct 09, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT
Oct 09, 2012 at 05:15PM EDT

I wonder how long it’ll be before PETA backs off on the whole thing just like the Mario stunt they pulled and say “IT WAS ONLY A JOKE WE WEREN’T SERIOUS

Oct 09, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT

@Harley

Not only that, I’m quite amused by the whole grimdark art style in general. It may be due to my love of grimdark stylization like Warhammer 40k but I think Pokemon should use that blood-&-beartrap theme for their next Halloween title

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:13PM EDT

Pseudogenesis wrote:

Damn you!!! I was going to do that!!!

Now that that’s out of the way, the memes inside the game were actually pretty cool.

Oct 12, 2012 at 05:03PM EDT

Now this really fucking disturbs me. I have a 7 year old brother, who often browses google for Pokemon. Now think, how hard would it be for an 8 year old to google Pokemon, and come across this? Little kids have no idea. They see Black and Blue, the cartoony style, the cool looking Pikachu, and they’ve seen new Pokemon game commercials, and then what happens? The poor kids are scarred for life from the “bonus video” and the bloodthirsy trainers.

Now I don’t commonly get this aggravated (or use the Fucking word online out of spite) about stuff like this, but thinking about all the psychological harm this organization would cause to a little boy just looking for a game. It makes me sick.

Oct 15, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT

And that’s why I hate PETA. Pokémon has been around for 20 years or whatsoever. And NOW they go against it? If Pokémon teached me something is to treat your friends and pets well.

I mean where the idea that Pokémon is cruel to animals came from? They went against Battlefield 3 too, because… You stabbed a rat… Really.

Oct 15, 2012 at 09:53AM EDT

Zach Dragon Rage wrote:

Now this really fucking disturbs me. I have a 7 year old brother, who often browses google for Pokemon. Now think, how hard would it be for an 8 year old to google Pokemon, and come across this? Little kids have no idea. They see Black and Blue, the cartoony style, the cool looking Pikachu, and they’ve seen new Pokemon game commercials, and then what happens? The poor kids are scarred for life from the “bonus video” and the bloodthirsy trainers.

Now I don’t commonly get this aggravated (or use the Fucking word online out of spite) about stuff like this, but thinking about all the psychological harm this organization would cause to a little boy just looking for a game. It makes me sick.

But in all seriousness, I didn’t even think of what could happen if a kid found this game. A kid’s day could easily be ruined by finding that game and its “bonus video”. Although, when i searched up the terms “pokemon”, “pokemon black”, and “pokemon new game” I could not find black and blue even after searching for a few pages. Still, this was incredibly irresponsible of PETA. Any little kid that loves pokemon could stumble across this game. As far as a remember, the page gives no mature content warning whatsoever, and starting up the game is just a simple button click away. I know PETA only did this to gain attention and be all like “LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE! WE REALLY CARE ABOUT ANIMALS!” but this is just plain irresponsible.

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 12:12PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 12:11PM EDT

I love Pokemon so much but I gotta admit, these designs are awesome!

Last edited Oct 15, 2012 at 02:49PM EDT
Oct 15, 2012 at 02:46PM EDT

Am I the only one who’s not angry? Seems like a harmless little joke to me, not something actually serious. Would love to be corrected, though.

Oct 16, 2012 at 03:55PM EDT

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/nintendo-responds-to-petas-pokemon-black-blue

“You probably remember PETA’s recent anti-Pokémon game, Pokémon Black & Blue. Some of you may even remember PETA’s similar stunt in regards to Super Mario 3D Land last year, to which Nintendo left a polite, professional response, prompting PETA to backpedal and claim the whole thing was a joke. However, this time Nintendo seems to have lost its patience with PETA, and rightfully so. In their response to PETA, Nintendo released the following statement.

“Nintendo and the Pokémon company take the inappropriate use of our products and intellectual property seriously.”

It’s a simple statement open to interpretation, and hence we have no idea whether this means Nintendo will take legal action or not. But after multiple cheap attempts to generate publicity, at least three of which involved the ripping off of Nintendo products, I can honestly say I wouldn’t blame them. At the very least, Nintendo’s pithy statement sounds to me like a very irritated one hidden behind a poker face."

Sorry if cOLD.

Oct 16, 2012 at 05:41PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!