Forums / Discussion / General

232,632 total conversations in 7,776 threads

+ New Thread

What Japanese Memes Do You Like?

Last posted Oct 16, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT. Added Oct 12, 2012 at 05:26PM EDT
26 posts from 17 users

What are some Japanese memes Bronies find the most interesting to them? A Japanese meme refers to a meme popularized mostly in Japan.

Mod Edit: Changed your topic to a more general question, hope you don't mind.
-RandomMan

Last edited Oct 12, 2012 at 08:10PM EDT

I'm changing the title of this thread to a general question of which Japanese Memes people like, not just bronies. Should get more interest in this thread. I'm guessing OP meant what Japanese memes bronies in general like, but I don't think there's an answer for that, as tastes differ.

@OP: If you still want to know which Japanese memes bronies like, your best bet would be to got to the Pony General, like others suggested as well.

Now that the topic's changed:

I have a common interest in the music remix memes that come from Japan, does not have to be MADs (fun too, but not my kind of thing). UN Owen Was Her, Night of Nights, Clash on the Big Bridge, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and Galo Sengen, can't forget that one.

Last edited Oct 12, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT

I think Trash Boat is correct. We don't really need a separate thread asking such a…and I'm sorry to admit this…random question.

However, I will answer you, seeing as nobody has yet. I like Project Touhou, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Angel Beats. (Yes, I know some of these aren't memes, but they are on the topic of Internet culture drawing origin from Japan.)

I hope I helped, and once again, I encourage you to ask this question in the Pony General thread rather than making a separate thread to ask your question.

EDIT: I was ninja'd by RandomMan, who not only posted, but also changed the thread's topic while at it. Oh well, I don't think I'll be deleting anything I said. If you will, let it now stand as a general word of advice so that posts in the vein of the pre-edit OP will appear less in the future.

Last edited Oct 12, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT

I am such an extreme newbie in this forum. )-: Anyway, be sure to type in "Nico Nico Douga" in KYM and hit Enter to find a list of Japanese memes.

@ American Tanker, Hell on Tracks

Nope. The Falcon Punch was popularized mostly in North America. Just because the F-ZERO anime is made in Japan doesn't mean it's a Japanese meme. Some are international memes like Leopold (a.k.a. Angry German Kid / Keyboard Crasher) and Dragostea Din Tea.

Last edited Oct 12, 2012 at 08:32PM EDT

1983parrothead wrote:

I am such an extreme newbie in this forum. )-: Anyway, be sure to type in "Nico Nico Douga" in KYM and hit Enter to find a list of Japanese memes.

@ American Tanker, Hell on Tracks

Nope. The Falcon Punch was popularized mostly in North America. Just because the F-ZERO anime is made in Japan doesn't mean it's a Japanese meme. Some are international memes like Leopold (a.k.a. Angry German Kid / Keyboard Crasher) and Dragostea Din Tea.

>Popularized in North America

Actually, it just got popularized by Super Smash Bros. (You could argue that only brawl was the culprit though.) This means it got popular worldwide basically, so it's debatable.

1983parrothead wrote:

What are some Japanese memes Bronies find the most interesting to them? A Japanese meme refers to a meme popularized mostly in Japan.

Mod Edit: Changed your topic to a more general question, hope you don't mind.
-RandomMan

Uhh, why are you asking bronies specifically?

404 user not found wrote:

technically not part of the continent of Asia.

Then where? Just because a country is an island and isn't connected to the mainland of a continent doesn't mean to say New Zealand has its own continent, for e.g.

Quantum Meme wrote:

>Popularized in North America

Actually, it just got popularized by Super Smash Bros. (You could argue that only brawl was the culprit though.) This means it got popular worldwide basically, so it's debatable.

Well I mean praise, not knowing it whether you like it or not. I meant how both Japan and North America looks at the Falcon Punch. In Japan, it reminds some people of Kamen Rider. In North America, due to the anime, people view it similarly to Segata Sanshiro, Kenshiro and Chuck Norris.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!