Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Minecraft General II: A New Beginning

Last posted May 22, 2013 at 06:51PM EDT. Added Oct 14, 2012 at 10:51PM EDT
75 posts from 23 users

Lodger (1979) wrote:

The "Pretty Scary Update" is coming up soon. The command block is quite useful for long distance travel with /tp.

I'm going to live nostalgia to its fullest with the Anvil.
Oh baby, there's no knowing what I'm gonna do with that.

Only have Xbox version. We're still waiting for the Adventure Update and Creative to come any day now. (Don't be too cruel to me; I know PC's better.) If any other KYmers play the XBL version we could play together. When we get it (and I have time) I'm going to go and make a massive world of pixel art; I might want requests if I get bored.

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 11:10PM EDT

BalisticDerr wrote:

Only have Xbox version. We're still waiting for the Adventure Update and Creative to come any day now. (Don't be too cruel to me; I know PC's better.) If any other KYmers play the XBL version we could play together. When we get it (and I have time) I'm going to go and make a massive world of pixel art; I might want requests if I get bored.

1.8.2 is coming out soon, so don't worry!
Although I don't have Xbox, Mojang has announced that there are now Minecraft gift cards for the PC that will be sold at big retailers and game stores!
$27.00 and you get the game forever. xD

Last edited Oct 14, 2012 at 11:17PM EDT

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

1.8.2 is coming out soon, so don't worry!
Although I don't have Xbox, Mojang has announced that there are now Minecraft gift cards for the PC that will be sold at big retailers and game stores!
$27.00 and you get the game forever. xD

(A really long time, as they say.)

I'm hosting a Terrafirmacraft server, if anyone is interested in playing. It runs from 11:00AM to 4:00PM PST every day. PvP and raiding are allowed, but don't be a jerk about it! Metagaming is heavily discouraged as well.

IP Address: 67.181.89.246:12321

Obviously you need to install Terrafirmacraft and the API's that it requires (Forge API and Player API)

Links:

Forge API:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php

Player API:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/738498-142api-player-api/

Terrafirmacraft:

http://www.terrafirmacraft.com/download/

Last edited Oct 31, 2012 at 03:58PM EDT

(Bump for no reason, but reasons for no.)
Mod API is confirmed for 1.5 and 1.4.4 will be out soon.
1.4.3 was not released due to major bugs (being unable to swim upwards in water, causing player to drown).
Minecraft gift cards are now available. Mojang states that the next area they are going to ship the gift cards to next will be Europe.
No weekly snapshots as of yet, because Mojang would like to release 1.4.4 beforehand.

Just bumping the thread to let people know that my server is still up, and I'm looking for players. It recently lost most of its players because of a string of unplanned downtimes due to (mostly) technical issues, and I'm trying to get the players back.

Same information as 2 posts up, except the hours are 2:00PM PST through 7:00PM PST.

ConnerABacon wrote:

What is FTB?

Feed the Beast. It's a mod pack, like Tekkit for the most recent update and with more mods. Ehs pretty cool. Google it or something.

I should set up a vanilla server.

But I don't know how to.

I'll learn how to then!

But then I don't know what site is reliable enough.

I'll pick the first one!

That's just probably obvious, though.

Last one?

Too shady.

In the middle?

Between obvious and shady.

Fucking damn, brain.

Yucking it up with the Livestream Crew and Audience in Minecraft Hamachi Server for the past week, and have gotten some rather interesting things done:

Main first house me and Sui built. Built it teetering on a random generated piece of awkward mass.

Our first Mine HQ, which was completely decked out by DarkErmac with Grass and Trees:

The second house I built with everyone's help, and it turned out just beautiful:

Still need to fix a lot of the landscape around it and decorate the interior, but so far I have a nice functional little kitchen.

Suiseiseki's crazy ass Sky Walk:

With a Forest on it:

Passes over the place where the End Portal is, though we haven't entered that yet:

Eventually it passed over a rather square part in the water, which I assumed was the entrance to the End Dungeon, though we dug right into an abandoned mine shaft + Ravine instead:

Ann Hiro's crazy ass Fortress he is trying to extend out to my house from a far off distance:

He also died a lot, so he built a tomb for himself (even if it was on accident, I still took the opportunity to hang up that sign xD):

Notsocool's Castle. I built the top of that tower there, but he made the rest:

He also runs a 3 story indoor farm inside that stone block you see in the corner. Kind of bland inside so I didn't photograph it.

The crews River Farming Town they built on a whim:

Sui keeps his animals in a hole:

My portal to the Nether, a place that kicked our ass back and forth many times:

In loving memory of Sui's Cat, who was murdered in cold blood by potatoes:

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

You lucky punks doing a live stream…

Anyways, big news.
Minecraft's server settings will be dramatically changed so you can easily host an online server.
Listen:

That makes me really excited :D perhaps maybe we can finally get a KYM server running when this version is released :3

Although I hope the lack of a texture pack button in the title screen is temporary, I need mah texture packs! D:

Crimson Locks wrote:

That makes me really excited :D perhaps maybe we can finally get a KYM server running when this version is released :3

Although I hope the lack of a texture pack button in the title screen is temporary, I need mah texture packs! D:

Don't worry! The texture pack button is moved to the Options screen, so you can change your texture pack either in the title screen or in-game.

Yeah. You will be able to change texture packs at a whim during your play session.

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

Don't worry! The texture pack button is moved to the Options screen, so you can change your texture pack either in the title screen or in-game.

Yeah. You will be able to change texture packs at a whim during your play session.

Now that is cool

Just found out that the texture pack button WAS MOVED (not removed) for a purpose (read one of my earlier posts to know where it was moved).

Well, the Servers button is going to be placed in the Texture Packs button's original spot.

Yay.

💜✨KaijuSundae✨💜 wrote:

So what IS the hamachi id to this wonderful little thing you got goin, nat?

If you are interested in playing with us I will be happy to give the Hamachi Server Login info to anyone over PM. (Of course if you are trustworthy. But I will be asking other users if they think you are.)

Last edited Feb 11, 2013 at 04:47AM EST

New Log Cabin 10,000 Meters down south from the spawn.

Got the inside all situated too, now all it needs is a Brewing Stand.

Last edited Feb 14, 2013 at 01:49AM EST

Wsxdas, The Last Kramabender wrote:

would anyone play if i set up a FTB server?

I'd definitely join you.
If you do decide to set one up, please include Twilight Forest as well.

Got the example corner of the maze done. Originally I tried out regular torches…

… but went with Redstone Torches instead.

We also found the one thing we needed for the maze.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!