Forums / General

191,167 total conversations in 5,242 threads

+ New Thread

Adventure Time General Revamp

Last posted Oct 29, 2012 at 01:34AM EDT. Added Oct 23, 2012 at 05:10AM EDT
24 conversations with 16 participants

Well, the old AT General autolocked. This is bad because if you thought that “Remember You” was a crazy episode, you obviously didn’t see the newest episode “The Lich”.

Finn had a dream in which he was watching the Cosmic Owl on an old Mac whilst Billy and his lady were smooching. The snail that was possessed by the Lich way back in Mortal Folly is shown using the Enchiridion and Billy turns into the Lich for a split second. Finn wakes up and tells Jake about the dream, and they head over to Billy’s place. Once there, they talk to Billy and he tells them the dream is a sign that dark things are coming, and asks Finn if he would help him defeat the Lich. Finn proceeds to gather the gems in every major princess’ tiaras save for PB’s, and Billy informs Finn that the Enchiridion is magical, and asks Finn to turn the sword on the front of it sideways. A pop out section of the book is revealed, and the gems they’d collected flew into it. Book-O, a holographic projection from the Enchiridion (who looks almost identical to the Key-per) shows them that the book is capable of making links through time and space through both natural and artificial means, and that some other objects are capable of the same thing. Finn closes the book and heads out for the last gem.

Finn and Jake bust into Princess Bubblegum’s room, and Finn takes PB’s gem by force in a scrap, which results in PB cutting Finn with the scissors she had been holding, prompting Finn to make a very hard to read, yet noticeably angry face. They run towards Billy who was waiting for them while putting the final gem inside the Enchiridion. PB then yells for them to stop because that’s not Billy.

It’s the Lich.

A candy guardian hits the Lich with a beam attack, and half of the diguise the Lich had on was torn off, partially revealing the Lich’s face underneath. Finn and the Lich have a psychic link moment like in Mortal Folly and Finn breaks the Enchiridion in order to stop the Lich. This was, however, exactly what the Lich wanted, and a multiverse portal is created from this. PB pleads for Jake to stop the Lich from going through the portal, but he and Finn are incapable of doing so. They both fall into the portal, which closes behind them.

Before the episode’s end, we see Finn playing his flute, but something’s wrong. He looks exactly like he did in the mirror in King Worm, and Jake looks like he’s just a normal, nontalking dog. Furthermore, Finn has a mother, who calls them in. The full scene is filled with a series of either easter eggs or multiverse coincidences, which I’ll try to list.

As you can see, this Finn’s house is Marceline’s house, the barn is the same as the one they fought a few episodes back, and the tree has a few steps on it, as if leading to a treehouse.

For a better look at him, this is Finn’s reflection in King Worm and in The Lich, respectively.

(Also, considering Finn has a prosthetic arm in one or two of the comics, and because he saw himself with a robotic arm in Mortal Folly while meditating, do you think the robotic arm thing has any special significance? Interesting to note that it’s always his right arm, too.)

Feel free to talk about Adventure Time in regards to things other than this episode, too. I just wanted to hear other people’s thought on the alternate reality thing, because I know some of you are big AT fans, too!

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 05:14AM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 05:10AM EDT

Just made this for some reason.

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 09:52AM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 09:38AM EDT

The recent episode, “I Remember You” was probably one of my favorite AT episodes by far.
The episode shows a relationship between Ice King and Marceline that was never seen before, which I thought was pretty smart to do seeing that Ice King and Marceline both lived before the mushroom wars. It gives some more information onto the backstory of both characters, seeing that Ice King was once a good person, because “You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.”

As for the lich episode, the way alternate universe Finn’s mom said “Come in… hurry it’s very important” gives me the feeling that the portal opened up inside the house, which that would be the universe the Lich is going to for whatever reason it may be. Since Jake and Finn were holding onto the Lich, that would mean both Finns and Jakes would meet up with eachother, and who knows, maybe the alternate universe Finn & Jake will help stop the Lich.

Also, here’s an AT song based off “Remember You”

Last edited Oct 23, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT
Oct 23, 2012 at 03:36PM EDT

So yeah last night was just….

….I can’t

My head is in a spinning orb of aperion, unable to can across all dimensions of what the everloving fuck.

Soon the Cosmic Owl will come to me in my Croak Dream and speak the sacred words:

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:10PM EDT

Funny I see this thread after watching adventure time for the first time.
The show was great, it had a sort of obscure humor and great visuals.

Not much I can discuss, but I will buy the seasons and it looks like I can get into this fandom. :)

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:14PM EDT

Alex, you really do need to get all caught up! It’s a bit odd, but it’s one of the best shows on right now!

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:30PM EDT

“Adventure Time” is one of the few shows currently airing that I actually enjoy. I feel that the show has several layers to it, that allow it to be enjoyable to small children, teenagers, young adults, and older people. The whimsy of the Land of Ooo and its inhabitants are colorful enough to attract and keep the attention of children, but the depth of the character interactions and the entire lore of the show is interesting enough to hold an older audience as well. It’s a spectacular show, in my opinion.

Oct 27, 2012 at 04:23PM EDT

The first thread locked? That’s a shame. Hopefully we can get this one featured if we make it active enough.

Alex wrote:

Funny I see this thread after watching adventure time for the first time.
The show was great, it had a sort of obscure humor and great visuals.
Not much I can discuss, but I will buy the seasons and it looks like I can get into this fandom. :)

That’s great! We hope to see you in this thread in the future.

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:25PM EDT

I’m going to periodically dump AT gifs in here (for my own amusement) from now on!

Also Marceline is best AT girl.

Oct 27, 2012 at 06:10PM EDT

Anyone else notice Jake’s foot fetish? It’s most noticeable in the episode where Magic Man turns Finn into a foot. Jake’s encouraging Finn to embrace the foot thing the whole time, he says something like “I sure wish I could be a giant foot.” Finn answers with “Dude, you can turn into a foot any time you like. You did it like three times yesterday.” Then Jake’s like, “It’s just not the same, man. You’ll understand when you’re older.” It’s referenced in some other episodes too, just can’t remember offhand.

Last edited Oct 27, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT
Oct 27, 2012 at 10:15PM EDT

YEEEEES ADVENTURE TIME THREAD!

:D

This show is the best. Finally, more fans to board the feel bus with me. c:

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:45PM EDT

Is it wrong I only watched one 5th of the adventure time episodes? And most of them are the most recent ones or the earliest?

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:21AM EDT

Marceline is know as a vampire “queen.” Aside from rhyming, it also solidifies her as a non-princess in a world of princesses… and implies she’s married to some vampire king, somewhere.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:41AM EDT

Actually, one can be a queen and never marry. It’s called being a “queen regnant”. The title of princess is used more in reference towards the children of the reigning power. Rarely does one hold the title of “princess” while ruling.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:55AM EDT

Why then would the ruling princess-regents (such as Bubblegum) not then assume the same moniker?

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:04AM EDT

@Rene LeMarchand

In Memory of a Memory, the episode with Ash, it’s shown that while Marcy has had relationships, she’s actually single right now. If she was married during the 1000 years we don’t know anything about her in, it’s over now at the very least.

In addition, she’s princess of the Nightoshpere… But she doesn’t have a good relationship with her father, so she probably wants to distance herself from the title of princess.

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:21AM EDT

Depending, of course, on what title one chooses to give Hunson Abadeer and how his relationship with Marci works given A.) the generally immortal and immutable nature of the undead and B.) the events of I Remember You.

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:34AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!