Forums / Discussion / General

169,833 total conversations in 5,537 threads

+ New Thread

Hurrdurricane Thread

Last posted Nov 02, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT. Added Oct 29, 2012 at 08:09PM EDT
43 posts from 32 users

Seeing as quite a few of us will be caught up in Hurricane Sandy, I thought we might as well make a thread about it.
I’m not worried myself. Just now my doors blew open though. And it tipped over my lawn chair. >:|
So who else is in the hurricane’s path and what of it?

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:09PM EDT

NOO! NOT THE LAWN CHAIR!

But seriously, though. I don’t think the hurricane will hit around Indiana. Well, not northern, anyway. We never get any interesting weather.

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 08:11PM EDT

God damn it, this sucks.

The damn hurricane tipped over my backyard table… and it was glass so it shattered. And then it turned over some of my potted plants.

This is bullshit.

I won’t even mention the Garbage bins, all the damn bins were somewhat scratched. I fucking hate this.

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:19PM EDT

Sandy in a nutshell

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:33PM EDT

Me and my roommates bailed. We’re basically using it as an excuse to take a vacation. We’re waiting out the storm in Michigan.

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:38PM EDT

Wind’s starting to pick up in my area of Ohio and apparently some people lost their power, but I’m not worried.

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT

That feel when the biggest hurricane ever isn’t hitting Florida.

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

My door and windows have come close to being blown in multiple times, my lights keep flickering, often I lose power completely and my dog is refusing to take her business outside. On the bright side, I’ve been able to get out of work and a test today. So there’s that.

This is from NJ, btw.

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 08:54PM EDT

I already got Isaac’d. If this is anything like that was I’m sorry for you guys.

Last time it was the land mass between New Orleans and Mobile, but this time it’s the land mass between the Statue of Liberty and Snooki…

Last edited Oct 29, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT
Oct 29, 2012 at 09:42PM EDT

I’m in NJ and I lost power a few time so far. I still have it at least. Others here haven’t. I’m not going to school anytime soon by the look of things.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:01PM EDT

I’m in KS, wishing you guys the best. We get a lot of tornadoes out here, and those are awful. I wouldn’t want to be in a hurricane.

I was reading an article on Kotaku today about how Gamestop is closing tonight due to the hurricane and some idiot from CT says something along the lines of “So? It’s just wind imma get AC3 anyways hurr durr”. I was not very polite in my reply.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:17PM EDT

It has a Twitter.

Also I live in western Pennslyvannia so I’m supposed to get heavy rain.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:23PM EDT

I’m in Buffalo, NY. I thought I was getting off the hook, but the winds have picked up here. It’ll probably pick up even more overnight.

If I wake up to no power at all tomorrow…

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:29PM EDT

I’m contemplating driving from Alabama up towards the NC coast if the damage is bad. I want to try and help however I can; I might persuade some friends to come with me. I’d hate to think I could have done something to help and didn’t, even though I’m hours and hours away from the damage.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:34PM EDT

I have yet to feel the force of the hurricane, even though I’m right near ground zero.

wikipedia and facebook won’t work though. I’m attributing their failures to the hurricane.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:54PM EDT

Apparently there are 6 million without power and I’m thinking about how well KYM is staying up.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:59AM EDT

Well I’m fine.
Nothing much more then Ivan’s damage happened here.

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:41AM EDT

Back Later wrote:

Sandy in a nutshell

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:24AM EDT

A bit of my fence got damaged, one of my trees fell over, and a couple of cushions for my lawn chairs got blown away. That’s about it.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:19AM EDT

Why am I not impressed?

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:15AM EDT

So the storm is starting to affect Michigan. We did not escape far enough. We’re going further west, dammit. I just don’t want to deal with any possibility of power outage. I fucking live on electricity.

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:18PM EDT

the hurricane twitter was written by a 12 year old and therefore isn’t funny

dear immature kids, leave the comedy to the mature and the funny

“I THREW A MOBILE AT DA BITCH YOLO

OH HO! YOU THINK YOU’RE SO FUNNY DON’T YOU?

Oct 30, 2012 at 02:58PM EDT

Shit. Last night one of the trees in my front yard fell on my neighbor’s garage.

I liked that tree.

Oct 30, 2012 at 03:35PM EDT

Tristis Journeyer wrote:

Shit. Last night one of the trees in my front yard fell on my neighbor’s garage.

I liked that tree.

I’ll bet your neighbor was pretty fond of that garage, too.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT

Well, here in VA, the wind’s been blowing like crazy. I’ve heard it was tough for cars to stay straight on the road, and the wind chill was insane. It actually snowed yesterday, but almost all of it melted as soon as it touched the ground.

Also, my power went out twice, but only for a few seconds.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:26PM EDT

well 2 people died in Toronto and just a lot of fallen trees and TTC is slow getting buses out and there some power outages

Last edited Oct 30, 2012 at 04:59PM EDT
Oct 30, 2012 at 04:58PM EDT

UnderWaterTree wrote:

well 2 people died in Toronto and just a lot of fallen trees and TTC is slow getting buses out and there some power outages

>That feel when Hamilton’s dense layer of smog shielded us from the storm
>That feel when a superior plebian (yes, I understand what I’m saying here)

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT

West coast master race reporting in. I laugh at the misfortune of you filthy east coast plebeians.

It’s ok. You can do the same to me when I get my shit fucked by an Earthquake.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:18AM EDT

I live in a secluded valley where neither floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, or any kind of destructive action ever happens.

But damn, if we get a 2.0 Earthquake that felt like someone farting in the room, you’ll be sure as hell that it hits the front newspaper the next day and gets articles dedicated to those who felt it.

The “I survived a 5 second epicenter cause by a fat guy breaking his chair”

Nov 01, 2012 at 04:06PM EDT

So, has anyone heard for Alejandro yet? We haven’t since the hurricane hit.

Nov 01, 2012 at 07:07PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

So, has anyone heard for Alejandro yet? We haven’t since the hurricane hit.

I think he checked in on the IRC.

Mister J is still MIA, however.

Nov 01, 2012 at 08:01PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Mister J is looking for some good wireless.

Nov 01, 2012 at 08:23PM EDT

Fridge wrote:

Aw snap, you all know what this means.

Nov 01, 2012 at 08:52PM EDT

Yeah, I’m just watching the whole thing go down. I still do feel bad though.

Last edited Nov 02, 2012 at 04:47PM EDT
Nov 02, 2012 at 04:46PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!