Forums / Discussion / General

232,895 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Disney to make Star Wars Episode 7

Last posted Nov 16, 2012 at 07:16AM EST. Added Oct 30, 2012 at 04:16PM EDT
69 posts from 44 users

I did not like episode 1-3, and therefore did not watch them more than once.
That was easy.

But I would really like to see what Disney does with the games.

Captain Badass wrote:

I did not like episode 1-3, and therefore did not watch them more than once.
That was easy.

But I would really like to see what Disney does with the games.

How about Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Papa Coolface wrote:

>Implying SW7 will suck
>Implying Disney-owned movies aren't good

>implying Disney is good at running a large fandom

General Grievous wrote:

>implying Disney is good at running a large fandom

Well, there's certainly a fandom, but it's so large that I think it would be hard to organize. Star Wars is absolutely ubiquitous in pop culture to the point that everyone, and I do mean everyone, has seen at least one of the movies. There are certain fan forums where people gather (starwars.com, Wookiepedia, r/starwars) but it's perfectly possible to start a conversation about Star Wars anywhere, with here being one example. Disney isn't even going to bother with the fans because of that. I doubt they even care about the reactions of fans; it may have destroyed Lucas to the point that he decided to go back to arthouse films (we'll see how that goes) but Disney won't care, because they know you'll give them your money anyway.

That's my main problem with this; I couldn't give a damn about Lucasfilm, I just don't want to give more of my money to Disney.

Fridge wrote:

Well, there's certainly a fandom, but it's so large that I think it would be hard to organize. Star Wars is absolutely ubiquitous in pop culture to the point that everyone, and I do mean everyone, has seen at least one of the movies. There are certain fan forums where people gather (starwars.com, Wookiepedia, r/starwars) but it's perfectly possible to start a conversation about Star Wars anywhere, with here being one example. Disney isn't even going to bother with the fans because of that. I doubt they even care about the reactions of fans; it may have destroyed Lucas to the point that he decided to go back to arthouse films (we'll see how that goes) but Disney won't care, because they know you'll give them your money anyway.

That's my main problem with this; I couldn't give a damn about Lucasfilm, I just don't want to give more of my money to Disney.

Exactly…

Cite wrote:

Mmph. Okay, rage done, my actual two cents.
See, I wouldn't really mind so much if not for the fact Lucas said they're done making movies. Disney can make decent live action films. I heard The Avengers wasn't horrible.
But the films were supposed to be done. Episode III was supposed to be the final one to be released, and most people were fine with that. We don't need a seventh movie.
sigh
Dammit, Disney.

Avengers wasn't terrible? Disney can make decent live action films? Understatements not withstanding, I don't think the prequels were a good ending to a legendary series, and it seems like most people agree they sucked. Despite what Lucas said about it being done,he created a whole universe with endless stories to be explored. We only saw the movies from the point of view from the Jedis, why not a bounty hunter or whatever. Also, as that comic pointed out in the first page, Disney is an empire with an incredible amount of resources and not being exactly new to this buisness, lucasfilms is in pretty good hands and we should not pass judgement and get mad a Disney before we see what they can do with lucas films.

Edit: I think it's funny how before this happend, everyone was complaining at how George Lucas fucked everything up. Everyone was saying how the prequels were terrible. But now that Disney bought lucasfilms, fans are passing the anger to Disney.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 11:35AM EST

When I first heard this news, I got pretty wound up, but now I’ve calmed down enough to be able to contribute something of value.

I thought The Avengers was a great movie. A bit overrated, but great nonetheless. But, because I know virtually nothing about the upcoming Episode 7 (and, as it would seem, Episodes 8 and 9), I’m not going to jump the shark and compare it to The Avengers. Not until we at least have some information on the cast, storyline, writers, producers, all that jazz.

It does irk me that the Star Wars films were supposed to be finished, though. Again, now that the blind rage is out of my system, though, is this a bad thing? Nobody knows yet. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I’ve never been a Star Wars nerd, so I’m not particularly attached, at least not nearly as much as I felt I was when I first heard about this, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you’re a hardcore fan of the series. Knowing George Lucas, I’m pretty sure that he knows what he’s doing.

Avi wrote:

When I first heard this news, I got pretty wound up, but now I’ve calmed down enough to be able to contribute something of value.

I thought The Avengers was a great movie. A bit overrated, but great nonetheless. But, because I know virtually nothing about the upcoming Episode 7 (and, as it would seem, Episodes 8 and 9), I’m not going to jump the shark and compare it to The Avengers. Not until we at least have some information on the cast, storyline, writers, producers, all that jazz.

It does irk me that the Star Wars films were supposed to be finished, though. Again, now that the blind rage is out of my system, though, is this a bad thing? Nobody knows yet. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I’ve never been a Star Wars nerd, so I’m not particularly attached, at least not nearly as much as I felt I was when I first heard about this, so take my opinion with a grain of salt if you’re a hardcore fan of the series. Knowing George Lucas, I’m pretty sure that he knows what he’s doing.

Dude, I just posted who the writer is.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!