Forums / Discussion / General

172,675 total conversations in 5,665 threads

+ New Thread


The Walking Dead General

Last posted Dec 04, 2012 at 08:10PM EST. Added Oct 31, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT
39 posts from 16 users

Discuss.

I’m personally curious as to how the prison is going to turn out. Are the 2 remaining prisoners going to be a problem?

I think that the white prisoner might end up trying to steal medication or something, but end up being mostly cooperative. The black prisoner I’m not too sure about, he seems really stubborn.

the mexican guy had to go. +1 to Rick for offing him.

I want to know who was staring at Carol while she was practicing a C-section on the zombie.

Also, I want to know if another helicopter is going to draw zombies to their new fortress like it did at the farm.

Try to keep spoilers to a minimum!

Last edited Oct 31, 2012 at 11:23PM EDT

The Walking Dead?
I just picked it up, actually. I watched the season premiere a few weeks ago, and I’ve seen a few episodes from season 1. Pretty freaking awesome show.

As for who lives and dies, I didn’t see why Rick killed that guy by trapping him with the walkers. I’m sure there was a reason, I just didn’t see it.

Also, the show is riddled with Romero references without beating you over the head with them, which I love because I LOVED Night of the Living Dead. For example, the first time walkers are ever specifically mentioned, they’re refereed to as “those things,” which is what Romero called his zombies until about 3/4 of the way through Dawn of the Dead, when they were called…well, zombies.

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Read the comics. I already know what’s gonna happen.

They’re actually mixing it up in the TV series to keep the people who read the comics on their toes. I don’t know if there have been major story changes, but there are a lot of differences.

ConnerABacon wrote:

Discuss.

I’m personally curious as to how the prison is going to turn out. Are the 2 remaining prisoners going to be a problem?

I think that the white prisoner might end up trying to steal medication or something, but end up being mostly cooperative. The black prisoner I’m not too sure about, he seems really stubborn.

the mexican guy had to go. +1 to Rick for offing him.

I want to know who was staring at Carol while she was practicing a C-section on the zombie.

Also, I want to know if another helicopter is going to draw zombies to their new fortress like it did at the farm.

Try to keep spoilers to a minimum!

Okay, I’ll answer these as best I can without the spoilers. If you don’t want to see them, read on. Here goes:

1. Yes

2. I can’t give out that kind of information

3. Heck yeah, he did!

4. I believe it was a citizen of the village. I don’t quite remember.

5. No. Even worse than that.

These are from my opinions from the comic’s point of view. The outcome may change a bit, though.

Casey wrote:

I haven’t started watching it yet. So if somebody could explain the plot if they dont mind?

Gladly.
Zombies.

Edit: Okay, okay, a little elaboration. Rick Grimes, a deputy in Georgia, covers a violent car chase that ends in him getting shot and falling into a coma. He awakens quite some time later to find that the world has been taken over by…well, zombies. Referred to as “Walkers,” these zombies have caused society to collapse, and now survival is the sole mission of mankind.

Rick returns to his home to find that his wife and son have fled, and he sets out to find them after receiving help from a father and son that have been squatting in his neighbor’s house.

Then he meets a bunch of people and stuff gets crazy.

Last edited Nov 02, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

Casey wrote:

I haven’t started watching it yet. So if somebody could explain the plot if they dont mind?

Here is my shitty summary:
Season 1

Main character is a sheriff and gets shot. Before he gets shot, he talks about his wife being a bitch. He wakes up in a hospital way later and sees no one around. The hospital looks like shit and leaves. Sees that people are dead or zombies. Meets a family after the kid smacks him with a shovel. Learns that stuff went crazy since he’s been out. He goes to police station to get guns and is of to find wife and kid. Goes to Atlanta and gets mugged by zombies. He runs into tank.finds grenade. Meets Asian guy and shoots his way to him and safety. Meets other survivors. Handcuffs Redneck to roof for being a racist dick. They leave and head to a camp with other survivors. Finds wife, kid and best buddy there. Unaware that buddy has been banging his wife. Redneck brother wants his brother back. They go search for brother. The Brother is gone and cut hand off. They go back to the camp and zombies attack the background characters that didn’t have names and some that did. Drama happens. The last few survivors decide to head to the CDC since they might have cure. They go and CDC has only one survivor who has no clue how to help. They are trapped in there. Sheriff persuades Mad Doctor to let them leave. Doctor allows them to and whispers something in Sheriff’s ear. Sheriff uses grenade from early episode to blow almost indestructible window open. ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE! They leave. Season 1 Ends.

My better summary (trollface):

Rick Grimes, a police officer in a small Georgia town, is shot during a gunfight with three violent criminals after being intercepted and wiping out during a car chase. He falls into a Coma, and awakens several weeks later to find his life support shut off and his IV drip nearly empty. He exits the room to find bullet holes, scorch marks, and rubble littering the hallway. He begins to leave the hospital and finds a door that is marked “DONT OPEN DEAD INSIDE”.

After leaving, he finds the hospital courtyard to be littered with dozens of bodies, all shot in the head and wrapped in sheets. Nearby is a small abandoned military encampment. He begins to panic, and goes back to his house, only to find that nobody is there and the surrounding houses have been looted.

He is sitting outside his house when a young boy sneaks up on him and knocks him out with a shovel. An older man – the boys father – approaches and takes Rick to his house after killing a Walker (zombie). They tie rick up to the bed because they think his gunshot wound may be a bite. After Rick explains that it isn’t a bite, he is released and allowed to roam the house. The man explains what has happened, and that there is supposed to be a refugee camp in Atlanta.

Rick takes them to the police station, where they load up on weapons and ammunition. The man explains to rick that he won’t be going with him to Atlanta until he teaches his son to shoot. He also secretly wants to put down his undead wife, who was bitten.

Rick leaves by himself in a squad car, and stops at a ranch when he runs out of fuel. The occupants have killed themselves, so Rick takes a horse and continues his journey. After reaching Atlanta, he finds the streets completely abandoned (apart from a few walkers), until he turns a corner and finds hundreds – if not thousands – of Walkers amassed in this street. He becomes surrounded next to a tank, and his horse eaten alive.

He crawls under the tank, and, after realizing that he won’t be able to escape, raises his gun to his head. As he looks up, he sees an open hatch on the belly of the tank and crawls in. Rick kills the undead soldier inside and takes his handgun and a grenade. After a short time, a voice comes onto the radio. “Hey, you. Dumbass, in the tank.” It turns out to be a small scouting group of survivors scavenging for supplies in the city. One of them tells Rick which way to run, and lets them into a building they are hiding in.

I’d type more, but I’m lazy. This gives a good description of the first episode and (I think most of) the second episode, maybe even the third. I can’t quite remember, honestly. It’s been a while since I watched season 1.

Kim Jong Tha Illest wrote:

Somebody caption this with “me” over rick’s head and “The shipping thread” over the zombie.

In other news, that episode was awesome, but good god that was gut-wrenchingly feel inducing.

Fridge wrote:

I prefer this

Besides zombies, they couldn’t be more different really.

Anyways, Carl earned his place as my most hated character in season 2. Why did Dale have to go? Fucking Carl.

I really like The Walking Dead! I watched the entire first season earlier this year, and over the last few days I’ve been catching up on it. I am about halfway through the second season.

I only have two complaints about the show overall:

1) There are no physically or mentally strong, main character women in The Walking Dead.

-Lori is a hypocritical bitch, the true definition of a thunder-cunt douche-cannon. She is a whore, a liar and constantly changes her decisions and opinions about everything. She tries to make other people look bad and raise herself up. She abuses the trust Rick has in her. She is a shit parent.
-Andrea is a bitch to pretty much everyone, likes to pass the blame on to other people, and is a threat to herself and others. She seems to have hit menopause or something, because she is very irrational.
-Carol is extremely emotionally weak. She is the only main female character to not make others feel like shit. (Except Rick, when she blamed his for Sophie’s disappearance.)

It feels nice to get that out, I seriously rage when I see what these women do and say and think.

2) A strong, independent, survivalist man seems to be missing.
-I believe that the male characters seem to bend to the will of the females in the group. I think there should be a male character who makes intelligent decisions based on what will be most beneficial to the group as a whole.

Sorry if I have any weird opinions, keep it mind that I’m not yet finished season two.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 05:28PM EST

Penz0id wrote:

I really like The Walking Dead! I watched the entire first season earlier this year, and over the last few days I’ve been catching up on it. I am about halfway through the second season.

I only have two complaints about the show overall:

1) There are no physically or mentally strong, main character women in The Walking Dead.

-Lori is a hypocritical bitch, the true definition of a thunder-cunt douche-cannon. She is a whore, a liar and constantly changes her decisions and opinions about everything. She tries to make other people look bad and raise herself up. She abuses the trust Rick has in her. She is a shit parent.
-Andrea is a bitch to pretty much everyone, likes to pass the blame on to other people, and is a threat to herself and others. She seems to have hit menopause or something, because she is very irrational.
-Carol is extremely emotionally weak. She is the only main female character to not make others feel like shit. (Except Rick, when she blamed his for Sophie’s disappearance.)

It feels nice to get that out, I seriously rage when I see what these women do and say and think.

2) A strong, independent, survivalist man seems to be missing.
-I believe that the male characters seem to bend to the will of the females in the group. I think there should be a male character who makes intelligent decisions based on what will be most beneficial to the group as a whole.

Sorry if I have any weird opinions, keep it mind that I’m not yet finished season two.

1.) Agreed, although carol does begin to become more independent in season 2 and 3. Hershel’s daughters are pretty tough if you ask me, at least Maggie.

2.) Eh, kind of disagree. I think that Daryl fits this role pretty well.

ConnerABacon wrote:

1.) Agreed, although carol does begin to become more independent in season 2 and 3. Hershel’s daughters are pretty tough if you ask me, at least Maggie.

2.) Eh, kind of disagree. I think that Daryl fits this role pretty well.

@1) I do agree that Maggie is a good character, but I’m talking about main characters.

Wild guesswork: Maggie joins the group? I’m on episode 7.

@2) Daryl is pretty cool, my favourite character right now, but he doesn’t have the calm and cool mindset to survive from what I’ve observed. He seems to be a risk-taker and he doesn’t always make the best choices.

Okay, I’m fully caught up on The Walking Dead!

I really haven’t finished an episode so happily for a long time. Lori is finally dead and I love it! I hope that the group lets the two inmates join them, because at this point I find them both to be trustworthy.

Kim Jong Tha Illest wrote:

when are these zombies gonna get upgrades?

the running dead would be pretty insane

They have runners already, just not that many. Most of them are too emaciated or decayed to run.

I just wanna say Michael Rooker said he’d agree to being the voice of Rocket Raccoon in Marvel’s planned Guardians of the Galaxy movie, though he said he was “crazy busy” with The Walking Dead.

Flimsy wrote:

I just wanna say Michael Rooker said he’d agree to being the voice of Rocket Raccoon in Marvel’s planned Guardians of the Galaxy movie, though he said he was “crazy busy” with The Walking Dead.

Rocket Raccoon is my favorite obscure hero. He’s just… Awesome. I mean, how many superhero groups can claim that they have a kick-ass talking raccoon on their team? Not very many.

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

After last Sunday’s episode, I gotta say, Glenn is super great.

I agree. Since the beginning, both Glenn and Daryl have been getting stronger emotionally and physically, while other characters get weaker. Even though the chance seems slim, I hope Glenn lives through the next few episodes.

On another note, I hope Michonne dies quickly; I hate her as a human being.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP.

This episode, guys. THIS EPISODE. It was amazing.

It was one of the saddest in quite some time, but had a ton of action, suspense….it was really, really good.

I liked the new group that showed up in the prison, actually. They are not as callous as Rick’s group, and their leader I thought was well done.

I laughed heartily when that prisoner thought what’s her name was a lesbian. That really cracked me up.

Way to make the governor a sympathetic character, AMC. I…really felt bad for the guy when his daughter showed up, and I couldn’t help but pity his desperation when she was threatened, even though she had turned quite some time ago.

DANGIT, SHANE!

I think Carl is the weak point of this episode. His “leadership” is totally unbelievable, and he feels like the most forced, shoehorned-in character in the show. That they would let him go explore the prison ALONE is totally ridiculous. Speaking of Carl, I can’t help, whenever I see any child actors, really, (including Penny), thinking how the director got that kid to do what he wanted. So that really takes away from any scene with kids in it for me. And it detracts from Carl’s already shaky believability.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!