Forums / Discussion / General

168,562 total conversations in 5,399 threads

+ New Thread


Wreck-It Ralph Discussion

Last posted Nov 22, 2012 at 12:39AM EST. Added Nov 03, 2012 at 11:08PM EDT
78 posts from 27 users

There were no restrictions placed on the question, and I answered it as I was inclined to. Besides, there was a Call of Duty cameo in the movie, and Call of Duty was never an arcade game.

If you’re asking for arcade cameos, I think Contra would be hilarious to see.

Nov 06, 2012 at 01:13AM EST
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

There were no restrictions placed on the question, and I answered it as I was inclined to. Besides, there was a Call of Duty cameo in the movie, and Call of Duty was never an arcade game.

If you’re asking for arcade cameos, I think Contra would be hilarious to see.

Call of Duty cameo?

Hark! I submitith’ to thou that pictorial evidence is required or the event hath never transpired!

Nov 06, 2012 at 01:26AM EST
Quote

@gigatoast

I believe he is talking about Heros duty, but I wouldn’t call that a cameo. It was just homage to modern shooters in general. It looked more like gears or halo anyways. And there are arcade games like that anyways. Edit: wait no, I think he is talking about some soldiers in game central station, but they could just be from countless other games.

@teh brawler

I should have stated that, but I thought it was understood that like all the characters in the movie, the character would need to have Atleast one arcade cabinet.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 01:46AM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 01:42AM EST
Quote

The way the movie works got me wondering, apparently the plug thing is the Game Central Station area and of course the arcade games are the games.

Just wondering if that works the same way if it was focused on consoles. Would two separate consoles mix in one plug deal?

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:21PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

@gigatoast

I believe he is talking about Heros duty, but I wouldn’t call that a cameo. It was just homage to modern shooters in general. It looked more like gears or halo anyways. And there are arcade games like that anyways. Edit: wait no, I think he is talking about some soldiers in game central station, but they could just be from countless other games.

@teh brawler

I should have stated that, but I thought it was understood that like all the characters in the movie, the character would need to have Atleast one arcade cabinet.

No, actually. In the scene that reveals the game central station, there’s a soldier squat-walking with obviously American armor on, and is wielding what looks to be a 9mm. I can’t find a picture yet, but I’ll post one as soon as I can.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:32PM EST
Quote

Now I’m going to be thinking that anytime I play an FPS it’s going to be just a monitor with arms carrying whatever weapon I need.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:33PM EST
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

No, actually. In the scene that reveals the game central station, there’s a soldier squat-walking with obviously American armor on, and is wielding what looks to be a 9mm. I can’t find a picture yet, but I’ll post one as soon as I can.

Yeah, but I wouldn’t call that a call of duty cameo. Their are countless console fps games and arcade games with American soldiers.

Nov 06, 2012 at 03:18PM EST
Quote

Teh Brawler wrote:

No, actually. In the scene that reveals the game central station, there’s a soldier squat-walking with obviously American armor on, and is wielding what looks to be a 9mm. I can’t find a picture yet, but I’ll post one as soon as I can.

There are military themed shooter cabinets you know, CoD doesn’t own a monopoly on the concept of American soldiers. Unless they straight-up put a guy with a funny looking helmet and a kickin’ mutton-stache in the background, saying it’s a deliberate CoD cameo smacks a little of jumping to conclusions.

Besides, most of the main characters in Call of Duty (at least the whole Modern Warfare saga) are English, not American.

Nov 06, 2012 at 03:45PM EST
Quote

WELL GAWSH THEN FUINE

It’s not terribly important, anyways. I just think it would be fun to see Wright characters in the sequel. Besides, what if the next one is about a reboot on a handheld system?

“Wreck-It Ralph 2: The Power of Wi-Fi”

Nov 06, 2012 at 04:07PM EST
Quote

I complaint by some seems to be that too much time was spent In suger rush, but I disagree. I loved the first half with the references and herodotus duty, but the suger rush half was were the heart of the movie was. Does anyone else agree? Disagree?

Nov 06, 2012 at 04:09PM EST
Quote

I’m not sure if they could do a sequel. The ending seem quite clear, but maybe it’s just me.

Also, no, the Sugar Rush stuff was fine if you ask me.

Nov 06, 2012 at 11:18PM EST
Quote

Ashki wrote:

I’m not sure if they could do a sequel. The ending seem quite clear, but maybe it’s just me.

Also, no, the Sugar Rush stuff was fine if you ask me.

Phht, hecks no. They built a really reaaaly interesting and well though out universe, it’d be a huge injustice not to keep going.

It’s like Toy Story, they’re endless possibilities, for example, what if some hacker-douche tries to run the arcade out of business and rips the data off the cabinets to be made into an emulator? Ralph and the gang wind up on his computer with a bunch of other disenfranchised characters and have to stage a rebellion to escape!

The characters in this movie are literally made up of bits of data, that’s a crazy awesome concept and they could go a ton of places with it.

Anyway, the problem some people have with the “Sugar Rush” part of the movie is that at a point in the middle it feels like they forgot it was about video game characters and it turns into a movie adaptation of Candy Land. Between the point when all 4 main characters arrive in the game and King Candy talks to Ralph about Venelope being a glitch the movie feels kinda unfocused. It was still good, of corse, but it kinda felt like they had forgotten the premise.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 02:39AM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 02:31AM EST
Quote

@coily

I’m pretty sure they were planning a sequel before the movie hit theaters(only if it did good of course, but now it’s clear it did), I’m sure they’ll know what to do.

@gigatoast

I agree with you there. There is so much you can do with that universe.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 10:11AM EST
Nov 07, 2012 at 10:08AM EST
Quote

If I remember correctly, they said there was a 4th game (or 5th if you include his game) that was to be made for the movie that was like the Sims and GTA combined. My guess they could use that game for the sequel.

Hypothesis for a sequel:

1. Taking place in the future, Litwak’s Arcade is being closed down due to most arcades becoming defunct, so Ralph and the gang have to figure out how to either prevent it or escape without harm.

2. A new character becomes awol and figures out a way to escape the Game Central Station, endangering man and gaming kind alike. Ralph and the gang have to figure out a way to defeat this new foe without revealing the secret of the gaming world.

I know, it sounds cheesy, but it’s the best I can think of.

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:36AM EST
Quote

Sorry guys, the election results made me disappoint. I’m not entirely in the greatest of moods right now to discuss anything. I’ll get back to you tomorrow when the pony app comes out or Saturday when Season 3 starts.

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:45AM EST
Quote

I’m just gonna say this. I want him to fist me.

Nov 07, 2012 at 11:34AM EST

Because of this movie, I hooked up my nes and since bad dudes was in it, played me some bad dudes. The nostalgia made me almost cry. I love modern gaming, but the classic consoles and arcades can’t be beat. The song on the semi truck and train is epic.

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:04PM EST
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

If I remember correctly, they said there was a 4th game (or 5th if you include his game) that was to be made for the movie that was like the Sims and GTA combined. My guess they could use that game for the sequel.

Hypothesis for a sequel:

1. Taking place in the future, Litwak’s Arcade is being closed down due to most arcades becoming defunct, so Ralph and the gang have to figure out how to either prevent it or escape without harm.

2. A new character becomes awol and figures out a way to escape the Game Central Station, endangering man and gaming kind alike. Ralph and the gang have to figure out a way to defeat this new foe without revealing the secret of the gaming world.

I know, it sounds cheesy, but it’s the best I can think of.

How about…

About a dozen new arcade games come in, a few featuring Wi-Fi (opening up more cameo possibilities). One of the Wi-Fi ones was discarded from another arcade, due to the game-altering actions of its main anti-hero. I’ll leave the rest for you to figure out.

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Quote

Somewhat disappointed that, after all Ralph goes through and learns, the hero still gets the girl.

It’s like “Hunchback” all over again.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:53AM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

Because of this movie, I hooked up my nes and since bad dudes was in it, played me some bad dudes. The nostalgia made me almost cry. I love modern gaming, but the classic consoles and arcades can’t be beat. The song on the semi truck and train is epic.

Heh, that reminds me…

RALPH WAS A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT.

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:27AM EST
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

Heh, that reminds me…

RALPH WAS A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE THE PRESIDENT.

Ha ha, oh man, took me a second to get that but that was funny.

Nov 12, 2012 at 01:32PM EST
Quote

Rene LeMarchand wrote:

Somewhat disappointed that, after all Ralph goes through and learns, the hero still gets the girl.

It’s like “Hunchback” all over again.

But that implies he ever had an interest in the girl. I don’t think romance was ever a part of Ralph’s character development.

Nov 12, 2012 at 01:35PM EST
Quote

Just saw the movie last night and I was not disappointed. It definitely wasn’t the best animated movie I’ve seen in recent memory, but it still got the job done and I still give it two thumbs up. I was really worried that I would hate Vanellope (not usually a fan of the spunky little kid type) but I am happy to say that I loved her and the interactions between her and Ralph were hilarious. The character interactions throughout the movie were just awesome.
Personally, I’m glad that a good chunk of the movie took place in Sugar Rush because it built a very interesting universe with a fun design that was very pleasing to the eye. Some have argued that the second half of the movie kind of lost its focus because it mostly just focused on Vanellope training for the race and I won’t argue with that. However, I still enjoyed it, and it’s not like Ralph agreed to help Vanellope just cus he felt like it (at first) he agreed to it because he thought it would get him that nice shiny medal that he coveted. I also thought that the romance between Felix and Calhoun was hilarious and sweet. Overall, I would give this movie an 8/10, definitely would see again.

Last edited Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03PM EST
Nov 12, 2012 at 10:03PM EST
Quote

Did anyone else notice the portal reference when Vanellope calls Ralph “grumpy GLaDOS?”

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:37PM EST
Quote

@Luigi: I’m still not sure if that was an intentional reference to GLaDOS, especially because Vanellope pronounced it as “Glad-iss” rather than “Glad-dose”

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:46PM EST
Quote

Crimson Locks wrote:

@Luigi: I’m still not sure if that was an intentional reference to GLaDOS, especially because Vanellope pronounced it as “Glad-iss” rather than “Glad-dose”

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:39AM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!