Forums / Discussion / General

170,217 total conversations in 5,454 threads

+ New Thread


KYM Halo General

Last posted Nov 09, 2012 at 07:54PM EST. Added Nov 04, 2012 at 07:26PM EST
39 posts from 25 users

Hello, I have decided on finally making a Halo general for because this belongs in history as one of the greatest series of FPS games in the history of gaming.
Discuss Halo matters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halo 4 finally comes out in 2 days!
Everyone ready-up your bodies, because Xbox Live will receive a large fluctuation of connections for the next 4 months!

The sad part is…

I don’t have an Xbox 360.
Nov 04, 2012 at 07:26PM EST
Quote

Many others will beg to differ with that first statement, but I won’t.

Nov 04, 2012 at 07:27PM EST
Quote

Halo 4 finally comes out in 2 days!

My exams start in 3.

Life’s a bitch.

Nov 04, 2012 at 07:44PM EST
Quote

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Many others will beg to differ with that first statement, but I won’t.

Remember, I said “one of the greatest”, which irl is a shared opinion by many. That’s their problem if they can’t bear another group of people’s opinion at all. I’m neutral about Halo 4, if you should know. imho, I think it’s a great game, but not very in my style of gaming.

RandomMan wrote:

My exam starts in 3.
Life’s a bitch.

I have a project due.
Oh well, I dun haz no Xbox Tree sexy.

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 07:53PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 07:45PM EST
Quote

I know I’m picking it up say one. I have always been a fan of the series and it fetched an awesome 9.8 so I have no reason to not get it.

Nov 04, 2012 at 09:01PM EST
Quote

I am going to the midnight release. I have never been more pumped for a videogame release. Wort Wort Wort.

Nov 04, 2012 at 09:21PM EST
Quote

>tfw Tribes:Ascend ruined all other fps games for me, too slow. :(

Nov 04, 2012 at 10:18PM EST

I’m so pumped for Halo 4, and I’m hoping to get it day one, but its still uncertain.

But in the meantime, anyone want to play some Halo: Reach with me?

Last edited Nov 04, 2012 at 10:42PM EST
Nov 04, 2012 at 10:40PM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

I know I’m picking it up say one. I have always been a fan of the series and it fetched an awesome 9.8 so I have no reason to not get it.

>9.8
>Reviews

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:08PM EST
Quote

Destructoid – 10
Machinima – 10
MondoXbox – 10
Game Revolution – 10
NZGamer – 10
Britbox – 10
Gaming Examiner – 10
Gaming Age – A
Joystiq – 5/5 Stars
IGN – 9.8
Xbox Addict – 9.8
Gaming Trend – 9.6
Polygon- 9.5
OXM – 9.5
G4 TV – 9.5
Gaming Nexus – 9.5
CCC – 9.5
GiantBomb 9.5

Halo 4 confirmed savior of gaming.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:25PM EST
Quote

Why Not?
I don’t even play FPS games.
I don’t even buy games day one.
I may get Halo 4 on day one.

Nov 05, 2012 at 09:49AM EST
Quote

It’s only 16 hours, 19 minutes, 25 seconds left until the midnight release.
Everyone prepare for people camping outside Gamestop stores nationwide.
Everyone hates you bloody campers! EVERYONE HATES YOU!

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:42AM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

Halo 4 finally comes out in 2 days!

My exams start in 3.

Life’s a bitch.

I have a controlled assessment on Wednesday…

I’ll get Halo on the weekend then… ._.

Nov 05, 2012 at 12:20PM EST
Quote

I’m about to head to the launch party in an hour(from this post). Sucks that I’ll be too tired to play when I get home.

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:07PM EST
Quote

Election Day made me forget about this. Why.

Halo has to be my favorite FPS series, and I can’t wait for 4. Out of the ones I’ve played, Reach is my favorite, especially because of the ending.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:16PM EST
Quote

2 hours, 32 minutes from midnight release.
3 hours if you’re not using the Hour Back time.

Nov 06, 2012 at 12:27AM EST
Quote

Lone K.K. Slider wrote:

2 hours, 32 minutes from midnight release.
3 hours if you’re not using the Hour Back time.

Or 6 hours ago (since your post) in this country. *trollface*

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:56AM EST
Quote

I’ve just played some Halo 4 Mutilplayer with my Brothers and I love all the improvements they made, like having a sprint button, replacing the crappy Armor Lock with the not crappy shield, and the giving the best control layout (Fish Sticks) in Halo so far, I’m even considering geting a Xbox Live Memebership to play online and improve my loadout when I play with my cousins.

But sorry to I say I’ve never play any of the halo campaigns long enough to beat them, So changes are I won’t bother with the one in halo 4.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 03:25AM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 03:24AM EST
Quote

Looks like it’s finally out.
Xbox is receiving a large fluctuation of network usage right now.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:27AM EST
Quote

I just picked up the limited edition, but I can’t play it for an hour or two. It looks really nice, and the reviews are excellent. I’m really hoping for the best.

Nov 06, 2012 at 01:35PM EST
Quote

I’m going to get it on Saturday because there’s no way I’m going anywhere near my Gamestop or Best Buy right now. Still really excited though.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:47PM EST
Quote

So far the, campaign is fucking balls deep in awesome, but I played on flood mode and it was glorious. I can’t say what makes it better than in reach, but it’s just better.

Nov 07, 2012 at 12:22PM EST
Quote

Well Imma list the things.

Like:
LOVE the campaign
Weapons are pretty cool
Ordinance
Promethean vision
Prometheans
Flood mode is much more balanced then reach
Mantises
Thrusters

Dislike:
Lack of duel wield
Custom classes= SMR/Battle Rifle Spam
No Brutes Skirmishers Drones and other covenant
Needs more playlists
Spartan Ops is meh
Other things that it removed from previous halo’s

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:48PM EST
Quote

Halo 4 has been an absolute blast so far, and I don’t see the fun dying out anytime soon. The multiplayer is gorgeously crafted, the additions to Forge are fantastic, the Campaign is thrilling…there’s so many awesome things about this game.

Nov 08, 2012 at 01:04AM EST
Quote

I realized yesterday, playing with a friend on Multiplayer: I haven’t played Halo in forever. After TF2, it just felt so foreign. Now don’t get me wrong, I like it, and Flood mode is great, but I’m just not used to Halo anymore. I need to get reacclimated.

Nov 08, 2012 at 01:30AM EST
Quote

Does anyone else feel like Halo 4’s plot is a fanfiction made into a video game? It’s not bad, but it feels very shallow to me, and more about unnecessary drama and tension than actual plot development.

Also, infinity slayer is broken as all get out.

Last edited Nov 08, 2012 at 04:44PM EST
Nov 08, 2012 at 04:38PM EST
Quote

However, I am surprised. The game currently has a 5.6 user score on metacritic.

Nov 08, 2012 at 04:51PM EST
Quote

@brawler

That happens with high profile games. Butthurt Cod fans attack any non Cod shooter. MW3 had an insanely low metacritic score as well. So it goes both ways.

As for the story, I disagree. Its been pretty clear for a while that the cheif and cortana share a very close bond. It has also been known that AIs become rampant after awhile. So I feel that the campaign story did a pretty good job.

Nov 09, 2012 at 11:30AM EST
Quote

Dac wrote:

@brawler

That happens with high profile games. Butthurt Cod fans attack any non Cod shooter. MW3 had an insanely low metacritic score as well. So it goes both ways.

As for the story, I disagree. Its been pretty clear for a while that the cheif and cortana share a very close bond. It has also been known that AIs become rampant after awhile. So I feel that the campaign story did a pretty good job.

WELL YOU CAN GO JUMP OFF A BUILDING THEN

Nah, I kid. I have no problem with other people liking it, but it just feels shallow to me. I completely acknowledge the precedent to the plot, but introducing it all that quickly, as well as making it just Chief on an odd planet fighting the Covenant and Forerunners makes it feel like one of the writers wrote this earlier in the franchise as a fanfiction to show how cool Master Chief is rather than a real plot that contributes to the Halo universe. Seriously, surviving entry into a planet because of armor TWICE in one franchise is a cop out.

Granted, I don’t put a ton of stock in the franchise to begin with, so that certainly doesn’t help.

Nov 09, 2012 at 06:40PM EST
Quote

The multiplayer now holds host to many features that CoD has always had, for example killcams and classes.

Also, packages that are similar to perks too, it’s odd and annoying at times.

Nov 09, 2012 at 06:58PM EST
Quote

@teh brawler

If you had read the books( I haven’t) it wouldn’t have seemed all of a sudden. Pretty much everything there has been mentioned before.

@quantum meme

Personally I like it.

Nov 09, 2012 at 07:54PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!