Forums / Discussion / General

171,310 total conversations in 5,615 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Just A Friendly Reminder

Last posted Nov 08, 2012 at 07:07AM EST. Added Nov 05, 2012 at 10:00PM EST
44 posts from 30 users

All I hear in the news here is that it’s a close race and that both can still win.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:00PM EST

Dac wrote:

I can’t vote, not a citizen.

Same here. But knowing the internet, they can use every reminder they need.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:03PM EST

Not old enough.. Which makes me sad. Too many dumbasses that don’t know what they’re doing.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:03PM EST

I’m so excited to be casting my first vote. The election really is up in the air about who will win.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:07PM EST

Vote for Lil B! TYBG Swag on 1000000, Repping BASEDWORLD oh wow fuck my bitch Based God!

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:07PM EST

Unfortunately, I’m still not registered for voting. Even so, I don’t trust my lack of political knowledge to come up with a reasonable decision on who to vote for. Such decisions deserve more logic than “Everybody else hates Mitt Romney.”

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:12PM EST

I’m old enough to vote (and have been for afew years now) but I really don’t want jury duty, so I haven’t even registered.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 10:29PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 10:28PM EST

No reminders needed here. If a certain Republican wins, I think I’ll be getting off this planet.

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:46PM EST

I voted. Not that it matters, since our state always goes the other direction politically (I’m not gonna say what, don’t wanna start a flame war) and isn’t worth a dang in the electoral college anyhow.
Oh well…

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:03PM EST

Just to clarify, I do live in America.

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:06PM EST

@Tim: Just by the links, I see you watch CGPGrey.

I will be voting this year. I may have to skip a class because of my schedule, but I will vote. Of course, my vote will count for absolutely jack squat, as I live in Kansas and pretty much everyone will vote Republican, rendering my vote for Obama totally useless.

One advantage of living in the dorms with limited TV access is that I haven’t seen a single political ad since August. I’m pretty happy about that, I can assure you.

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:14PM EST

Unless I can incorporate driving 400 miles tomorrow without missing class, I can’t vote either. Couldn’t get an absentee ballot in time.

Last edited Nov 05, 2012 at 11:22PM EST
Nov 05, 2012 at 11:16PM EST

@tehbrawler
Yeah, I’m with you on that.

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:21PM EST

I voted for a left-wing progressive candidate, even though I know he won’t win, because I can dammit!

Nov 06, 2012 at 12:01AM EST

What if I hate both candidates?

Do I still need to vote?

Nov 06, 2012 at 09:00AM EST

Lich wrote:

What if I hate both candidates?

Do I still need to vote?

Yes, Liche.

You still have to vote.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 09:27AM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 09:25AM EST

Crimson Locks wrote:

@People thinking their votes won’t matter
Please watch this video:

If you are a non-voter with a shitty reason, I believe you don’t have the right to complain once the elections end up with something you don’t like.

You had your shot at making a difference, you didn’t take it, now deal with the consequenses.

Nov 06, 2012 at 09:58AM EST

People can neg karma me all they want. I dislike both Romney and Obama. I feel like there’s someone else more suited to run this country than those two. Who? I don’t know. So, no, I will not vote. Because either way, I get stuck with someone I don’t want.

Really, the sad part about this whole debate, is that our country that’s meant to stand UNITED must be DIVIDED when it comes to picking our new leader.

Like right now, we’re so fixed on the election that it’s diverting the attention from New Jersey and New York. Places that got hit by Sandy and needs power, food, and shelter for people who lost so much. If Romney or Obama REALLY want to get voters, they would stop flying state to state to get “undecided voters” and put their money to good use to help the victims of the storm. I don’t know, first guy to fly there and donate half of their money to help out, wins me over.

I don’t want our leader to say, “I am deeply sorry for what has happen to the citizen who were devastated by Hurricane Sandy. You will be in my prayers.” Those are just words and mean nothing. If I recall, “actions speak louder than words”. I want a leader that would take off his fancy suit and actually go help. Because a president isn’t royalty. He was one of us and should still be one of us. If they really did care about this country, then they shouldn’t have any problem getting their hands dirty.

I don’t know much about politics, but I know a leader is here to unite us and not divide us.

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:05AM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Same here. But knowing the internet, they can use every reminder they need.

Do you know about what happened here in Britain? The coalition had to be formed as there weren’t enough people voting.

DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU AMERICA (Even though I don’t find that likely)

Nov 06, 2012 at 10:53AM EST

I can understand not choosing to vote because you don’t like either candidate (though you could always vote for a third party candidate and whatnot). I just hate when people use the excuse that their vote doesn’t matter because they’re not in a swing state or they’re just one vote. If you’re a republican voting in a democratic state or vice versa you should still vote because even though there is almost no way in hell the electoral college will choose your candidate your opinion still gets heard.

Nov 06, 2012 at 11:33AM EST

量子 Meme wrote:

Do you know about what happened here in Britain? The coalition had to be formed as there weren’t enough people voting.

DON’T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU AMERICA (Even though I don’t find that likely)

Coalition governments are actually impossible in the US. It doesn’t use a parliamentary system.

But in Canada, we had exactly the same problem until the Conservatives won a majority government.

I’m not sure which election type I hate more (since I can vote in both), but I’m leaning towards the US right now. Too much corporate money.

Nov 06, 2012 at 11:38AM EST

I agree with Mitt more than I do with Obama. And before the butthurt commences, I just want to say that yeah, maybe Mitt doesn’t know what it’s like to be poor, but a rich person in office? That’s a great idea! I mean, we’ve needed someone in office who can manage their money for quite a while.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:13PM EST

opspe wrote:

Coalition governments are actually impossible in the US. It doesn’t use a parliamentary system.

But in Canada, we had exactly the same problem until the Conservatives won a majority government.

I’m not sure which election type I hate more (since I can vote in both), but I’m leaning towards the US right now. Too much corporate money.

But even if it was possible, could you imagine how it would turn out? It would probably go as well as here in the U.K. (By that I mean worse than awful).

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:15PM EST

volumenometry:

like, for real.

for actually.

we all love looking at hilarious pictures of paul ryan acting like a douche bag on this website, but if we don’t vote he’s gonna be VP and the joke’ll be on us.

Exactly. No get your asses in gear and vote

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:16PM EST

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I don’t like voting for who I think is the shiniest of two turds.

Just remember: You can’t polish a turd.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:20PM EST

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Just remember: You can’t polish a turd.

“You can polish a turd, but its still a piece of shit”
get your sayings right

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:21PM EST

Le Bumpkin wrote:

I agree with Mitt more than I do with Obama. And before the butthurt commences, I just want to say that yeah, maybe Mitt doesn’t know what it’s like to be poor, but a rich person in office? That’s a great idea! I mean, we’ve needed someone in office who can manage their money for quite a while.

This. Think about it, Romney saved the 2002 winter Olympics (avoiding us becoming a total joke to the world) in 6 months with fairly low funding. And he didn’t even take a paycheck. Just on that alone he has my vote.

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:01PM EST

In order for me to vote I have to go through this really sophisticated process through the US consulate. I need to re-register and fill out a dozen paperwork forms before the consulate mails my vote across the pacific. I don’t even have enough petrol to drive to the Consulate office so I remain unregistered to vote.

I see some people who refuse to vote because they hate both options.

I remember ending up in that situation before where I despised both the red and blue options in my government. I got around that problem by voting for green and yellow. By that I mean the smaller independent parties that never win.

Sure they never get anywhere because people only vote for Red and Blue but at least you can say you voted and dodge the negative stigma you will get from not voting.

Most people believe that non voters are lazy pathetic twats that know who to vote for but just can’t be bothered. You will get that. Nobody seems to realize that some people won’t vote because they actually hate all of the options. I speak from experience.

The thing is, no matter what your justification for not voting; if you don’t vote then you have no right to complain about the outcome. So if you hate Red and Blue then at least make the effort to help a different color gain power, maybe then you wouldn’t have to choose between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich every time. Otherwise, stay silent

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:15PM EST

Also, voting doesn’t just involve selecting a candidate for office. The ballot also includes proposed laws that you can vote to pass or not pass. That’s important too. You could also just submit a blank ballot and become part of the undecided voter percentage xP

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:20PM EST

Remember, if you don’t know who to vote for, vote for Europe, because we at least do know.

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:22PM EST

@Random’s post above:

God damn it, Russia, get it together.
The number of people who want to vote for Romney is too damn high

So they like Romney but ignore Mikhail Prokhorov. In reality Russians have no idea wtf is going on.

Considering how weird and distorted most US election coverage is in Russia, I got can’t really say Im surprised.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 07:50PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 07:37PM EST

Got my ballot in like 4 hours ago. Probably didn’t do much, since I live in Oregon, but at least I did it.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 07:49PM EST
Nov 06, 2012 at 07:39PM EST

2spooky the invisible windigo wrote:

I voted. Not that it matters, since our state always goes the other direction politically (I’m not gonna say what, don’t wanna start a flame war) and isn’t worth a dang in the electoral college anyhow.
Oh well…

Nov 06, 2012 at 08:58PM EST

Still waving my little Ron Paul flag in the background.

At least with Romney we would’ve gotten cheaper gas prices and opened up more oil fields.

Meh, get ready for another four years of absolutely nothing new.

Last edited Nov 08, 2012 at 07:08AM EST
Nov 08, 2012 at 07:07AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!