Forums / Discussion / General

168,541 total conversations in 5,397 threads

+ New Thread

Rebecca Black's "Friday" gets a competitor: "Thanksgiving" by Nicole Westbrook

Last posted Nov 15, 2012 at 04:21PM EST. Added Nov 09, 2012 at 11:37PM EST
23 posts from 19 users

I don’t know whether to cry or laugh, but this is a great occasion for us on the internet that love to make fun of these sorts of things.

Nov 09, 2012 at 11:37PM EST

The lyrics have so much heart, my favorite line is " oh oh oh oooh, oh oh oh, yeah, alright….yeah, ooooh, yeah, alright"
A Lyrical genius this girl is!

Nov 10, 2012 at 01:32AM EST

By the way, on the video thumbnail she looks like she’s constipated or something.

Nov 10, 2012 at 01:37AM EST

Thanksgiving is on Thursday.

Wow, can’t wait to hear a song about Wednesday!

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:40AM EST

Tim the Enchanter wrote:

Thank you for showing me what hell sounds like.

I hope I never hear it again.

How I wish you were here… we’re just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year. Running over that same old ground, now we’ve found that same old fear… wish you were here.

Nov 10, 2012 at 03:40AM EST

Dr. Coolface wrote:

How I wish you were here… we’re just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl, year after year. Running over that same old ground, now we’ve found that same old fear… wish you were here.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought of that, but then again everyone who actually likes good music has heard that album.

Nov 10, 2012 at 05:35AM EST

Where the fuck are the adults? All those jackass kids cooking and partying and the only adult is that creepy black guy from Friday. Also, that girl interupted prayer for a terrible rap solo. Only hell awaits.

Nov 10, 2012 at 01:09PM EST

Friday didn’t bother me in the slightest, I liked it more than I hated it. The only part of Hot Problems I hated was off-key the vocals were. This doesn’t seem that bad, I mean, it’s clearly a joke of some kind and it’s at least listenable… (Rap verse plays) This is an abhorrent waste of space that doesn’t even deserve the honor of becoming infamous.

Nov 10, 2012 at 01:46PM EST

Nov 11, 2012 at 06:47PM EST

Oh shit, a challenger has appeared! You gonna take this lying down, Rebecca Black? Whatcha gonna do?

(Seriously it will be so damn funny if Rebecca staged a comeback with an ever shittier music video to prove her dominance in shitty music video’s)

But I don’t think this video comes quite as close to Friday for a couple reasons:

1. She doesn’t sound that bad. (Lyrics are still quite lame on the other hand)

2. The token black rapper isn’t quite so awkward about it.

3. Not as many memorable lines

4. It’s been done before; giving regular ordinary girls their own pop songs. At this point the internet probably should have learned it’s lesson by now that hating on this chick will only succeed in giving her a free backstage pass to a Justin Beiber concert. If less people are going to care then NO MEME 4 U

One Youtube commenter said something that I quite concur with:

GUYS I JUST SAW HER FUTURE! This is whats going to happen…
1. negative comments continue along with lots of parodies
2. ends up on the news because all the attention this video will have along with her dealing hate comments and funny parodies of her song and music video
3. she will end up in a Katy Perry video
4. she will make a second music video for all her “haters”
5. she will have a small random part in one of the fine bros mymusic episodes and soon after she will disappear…….

He’s right. This might even be what this chick is hoping for…but it will only work if we treat her like another Rebecca Black and hate away.

Nov 11, 2012 at 07:03PM EST

I’ll be honest now…this is yet another instance of a pop song going viral because it’s so bad. It’s gonna take a music act like Nirvana to show up and send all of the bad zones of music down the tube, just like what Nirvana did to hair metal and arena rock in the 80s.

It needs to be done…that’s all I have to say.

Nov 14, 2012 at 07:36PM EST

I’m 13 and I’m sorry for what my generation did to your music. :(
Have some real music:

Last edited Nov 15, 2012 at 01:58PM EST
Nov 15, 2012 at 01:52PM EST

Well my ears hurt from listening to it. On the bright side it’s better than Friday.

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:10PM EST

YNG, The Grey wrote:

Well my ears hurt from listening to it. On the bright side it’s better than Friday.

What? At least Friday was more properly done.

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:15PM EST

量子 Meme wrote:

What? At least Friday was more properly done.

I meant it sounds slightly, only slightly, better than Friday.

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:29PM EST

I swear the guy who produces these videos has to be in league with an underground pedophilia ring or something.

Nov 15, 2012 at 04:21PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!