Forums / Discussion / General

232,891 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Welcome to the happiest thread on earth! Disney General

Last posted Nov 25, 2012 at 02:33PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2012 at 11:17AM EST
61 posts from 22 users

Come to the thread were all your dreams come true!

Discuss everything Disney like upcoming movies, theme parks, tv shows, etc.

So how about the upcoming Pixar movies? All I know is one is about dinosaurs still being alive and the other is about the mexican holiday, the day of the dead.

I wouldn't argue with you on that. I would also say the incredibles was pretty dark, or at least syndromes plan to kill off the real supers and pretend to be one by sending his killer robot to cause trouble. Still, the hunchback is the king of dark in Disney. The black cauldron is pretty forgettable, but it was dark as well.

I don't think you can beat Notre Dame for darkest Disney movie. I actually really like that movie now even though I didn't like it at all as a kid
Dat villain song

I think right now Disney is hitting a new golden age. With Gravity Falls on Disney Channel, Tangled coming out a couple years ago, and Wreck it Ralph now being really successful in the box office Disney is really in a good stride.

Crimson Locks wrote:

I don't think you can beat Notre Dame for darkest Disney movie. I actually really like that movie now even though I didn't like it at all as a kid
Dat villain song

I think right now Disney is hitting a new golden age. With Gravity Falls on Disney Channel, Tangled coming out a couple years ago, and Wreck it Ralph now being really successful in the box office Disney is really in a good stride.

Well if Disney could stop 'acquiring' for just a second, then maybe they'll have time to work on the movies, eh?

Crimson Locks wrote:

Dat villain song

Yeah they've been doing well lately. Their sitcoms still suck though.

Speaking of The Black Cauldron, I've always been hoping that a live action version of the Chronicles of Prydain series would be done, and Disney does hold the rights to it. If they were able to do Narnia, then why not this?

Quantum Meme wrote:

Well if Disney could stop 'acquiring' for just a second, then maybe they'll have time to work on the movies, eh?

Disney doesn't consist of ten guys, if they can run multiple theme parks, channels, and studios, acquiring othef stuff isn't gonna stop them from making good movies.

Anyways, what did you guys think about brave? I personally liked it, but I guess many were disapointed. What did you think about it?

@serious buisness

True true.
Brave was certainly the most Disney-like Pixar movie yet. That's by no means a bad thing, but I think it was missing something that would have made it scream Pixar. About HTTYD, Im a Disney man as well, but hot damn that movie was good.

@crimson locks

It's really not a bad movie, its actually pretty damn good and the animation is top notch. But yeah, rent it if you are on the fence. It's no incredibles or toy story, but it's worthy of the Pixar name.

Dac wrote:

Disney doesn't consist of ten guys, if they can run multiple theme parks, channels, and studios, acquiring othef stuff isn't gonna stop them from making good movies.

Anyways, what did you guys think about brave? I personally liked it, but I guess many were disapointed. What did you think about it?

>tfw you took that seriously and told me what I already know, again.

I've not seen Brave.

Ann Hiro wrote:

When I was 5 I got lost in Disney World.
Never going back.

When I was 8, and in Disney Land in California I got lost as well…
When I was 12, and was forced back to Disney World I lost my pass…

Quantum Meme wrote:

>tfw you took that seriously and told me what I already know, again.

I've not seen Brave.

Tfw you forget sarcasm doesnt work well over text. Sorry, just sick of people complaining about Disney buying lucasfilms.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Wreck it Ralph, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tangled were all pretty good. Princess and the Frog wasn't the best animated movie but it had some amazing animation and great songs.

Watch that in HD.

Hell, Tangled is easily better than Brave and Cars 2. I feel Pixar has been slipping lately.

General Grievous wrote:

@burning_phoenix
>implying Toy Story 3 was horrible.

Cars 2 and Brave came out after Toy Story 3 :P

I don't think Brave or Cars 2 are incredibly horrible in any way. It's just that Pixar has a reputation that gives audiences huge expectations for any movie with the Pixar label and if it's not Oscar worthy, it's considered a let down.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 08:33AM EST

AbandonThread wrote:

I hate both Disney and Lucasfilms, so I have nothing to complain about, really.

@phoenix

Yeah, still, it's kinda humbling when their worst efforts are still better than many of the other animated movies that come out. Did you see Madagascar 3 ? Fuck.
Tangled was good though, brave was a little disappointing, but I still liked it a lot. Hell, cars 2 wasn't bad at all.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 10:54AM EST

If there was ever a Pixar movie that didn't deserve a sequel it was Cars. Among the Pixar movies I've seen, Cars was my least favorite. Not to say it was bad, it was ok. I think the Pixar movie that surprised me the most with how good it was goes to Up. When I saw the trailers I was like "Eh, I guess Pixar is losing its touch" but damn was I wrong. I wish I saw it in theaters.

Phoenix is right, princess and the frog looks great. Just check this out

@crimson
You can thank the kids who bought the cars merchandise like crazy. Up was amazingly good though.

Mmmmmm… Those screen shots. It's a sham Princess and the Frog didn't do as well as Disney expected it would. Although because of that we go our first CG princess, which I think is pretty cool. I don't think Tangled would have been the same if it was done in the same animation style as Princess and the Frog. That movie was beautiful.

And believe me, I know how much kids loved Cars. I know a kid who owns just almost every piece of Cars merch a kid could possibly own.

Didney Worl?

Finding Nemo was the first animated movie I saw in a Theater.

And let's be honest, who never cryed to any Disney/Pixar movie?
I cried for Toy Story 3. I cried for Wall-e.

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 04:13PM EST

Yeah, apparently Cars merchandise was the #1 seller for Disney. Which boggles my mind, cause I hate the visual design of Cars.

For those that know me, I'm a total faggot for military aircraft. Which means Pixar has to do this to spite me:

@pheonix

Look at hot wheels, kids love toy cars. cars really is the best pixar movie in terms of them making money of the merchandise.

Does anyone here collect the Disney store dolls?

Last edited Nov 17, 2012 at 11:42PM EST

Louisiana voodoo is a mix of african religion and Catholicism. So you could say he was dealing in the satanic arts I guess.

@pseudo
I believe it originated with Faust.

Disney movies are way more complex than most people give them credit for. Treasure Planet, for example, had a lot of character conflict and characters conflicting with themselves (Man vs. Man, Man vs. Self) and built a very interesting universe. The universe in that movie felt very large and infinite, which is what I like in my space fantasies

Crimson Locks wrote:

Disney movies are way more complex than most people give them credit for. Treasure Planet, for example, had a lot of character conflict and characters conflicting with themselves (Man vs. Man, Man vs. Self) and built a very interesting universe. The universe in that movie felt very large and infinite, which is what I like in my space fantasies

I think that movie would've also been more popular if it had came out more recently due to the increased popularity of Steampunk.

Unfortunately for Treasure Planet's place in history, it was competing against both Muppets and Tim Currey for the same plot line. On the other hand, Gaston is still one of the greatest…. antagonists (calling him a 'villain' is a bit too much) of all animated Disney films.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!