Forums / Discussion / General

232,886 total conversations in 7,787 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Requesting a Little Help Finding a Game

Last posted Dec 03, 2012 at 03:21PM EST. Added Nov 18, 2012 at 08:50PM EST
22 posts from 7 users

Back when there was still a channel called "TechTV", back before they got gobbled up by G4, they aired a show called "Judgement Day" where two guys, Tommy Tallarico and Victor… Lucas, I think his name was? Anyway, they reviewed games.

One game they reviewed, can't recall the name of it, but it was a racing game. The way it was described(using way-points and time to determine your placement rather than position on the course), it seems like it was a rally game, but the courses looked to predominantly be pavement. Tommy hated it for how the cars handled and because the scoring system confused him, but I was interested. As I said earlier though, I can't for the life of me recall the name of it.

Anyone here watch Judgement Day back when it still aired? If so, can YOU recall the name of this one? I really want to find it.

No, they never reviewed DiRT, at least not while it was still Judgement Day.

I won't swear to this, but I think this was before 2005 when they reviewed this one, and I don't believe it was related to Colin McRae. Besides, I already have all the DiRT games.

I think it was last gen (PS2, Xbox1, GCN, etc. etc.), but I think it was multiplatform, not exclusive.

As far as a specific air date, I couldn't tell you. Might be somewhere in Season 3, which ran in 2004, but I won't swear to that.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Back when there was still a channel called "TechTV", back before they got gobbled up by G4, they aired a show called "Judgement Day" where two guys, Tommy Tallarico and Victor… Lucas, I think his name was? Anyway, they reviewed games.

One game they reviewed, can't recall the name of it, but it was a racing game. The way it was described(using way-points and time to determine your placement rather than position on the course), it seems like it was a rally game, but the courses looked to predominantly be pavement. Tommy hated it for how the cars handled and because the scoring system confused him, but I was interested. As I said earlier though, I can't for the life of me recall the name of it.

Anyone here watch Judgement Day back when it still aired? If so, can YOU recall the name of this one? I really want to find it.

Sounds like Midnight Club to me.

Otherwise, you could try one of these lists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

EDIT: Could be on this list. Has some of the show's reviews: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reviews_on_the_Run

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 01:26PM EST

Cale wrote:

Sounds like Midnight Club to me.

Otherwise, you could try one of these lists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

EDIT: Could be on this list. Has some of the show's reviews: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reviews_on_the_Run

No, I know it isn't Midnight Club; it wasn't a street racer. Besides, MC still uses position on the course, not time, for scoring.

And the fact that I can't recall the title of it makes those kinds of lists kinda useless to me. I'd have to look at each one that looks like a racing game; and even then, I might miss it because the title is unusual.

Cale wrote:

Well the only other thing I could think of is Ridge Racer or Driver.

I don't think it was Driver either; I don't recall there being any gameplay outside the vehicle.

Might have been Ridge Racer, but I have my doubts about that.

Oh, one other thing I recall: there was a so called "Stunt Mode" in the game, that was basically just a long jump with a car. Not like FlatOut where you launch the driver out of the car, though.

No, it wasn't a Burnout title either.

Okay.

Gran Turismo 3 or 4

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 06:28PM EST

Fridge wrote:

Well fuck.

If it were well known, I'd remember the name of it quite easily.

But that's the issue: it's not very well known, and I can't remember the name.

I know almost every other detail, but I can't remember the name.

How realistic was the game? What kind of vehicle choices do you have? (Ie, sports cars, imports, rally cars, trucks…etc)

My best guess would be Midtown Madness 3.

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 10:19AM EST

burning_phoneix wrote:

How realistic was the game? What kind of vehicle choices do you have? (Ie, sports cars, imports, rally cars, trucks…etc)

My best guess would be Midtown Madness 3.

I know it wasn't Midtown Madness either, though.

Looked to me like it was fairly realistic in appearance, but seemed to use a more arcade style of handling and control. Most if not all of the vehicles were sports cars, I believe. Could have been some Japanese imports in there, but I couldn't be certain.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Outrun.

I'm not guessing that because it's correct, I'm just guessing because I like Sega a whole lot.

It wasn't Outrun either, I don't believe. I don't think the vehicles were licensed, or if they were, there were multiple manufacturers.

Just got a PM from Intergalactic Joe on this topic.

Still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I think it's time we give up then.

Those who have further info can post on OPs wall.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!