Forums / Discussion / General

232,776 total conversations in 7,783 threads

+ New Thread

Anticipated Video Games of 2013

Last posted Nov 23, 2012 at 03:44PM EST. Added Nov 19, 2012 at 01:04AM EST
48 posts from 30 users

I was going through the list of games I'm looking forward to in 2013, and since this year is about to come to a close, I figure that it would be a good time to start discussing the games we're all looking forward to that are slated to be released next year (or this holiday, if nothing else interests you).

These are mine:

This is a collaboration between Level 5 Studios (Professor Layton, Dark Cloud) and Ghibli Studios (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service). Between the graphics, the voice acting, and the sound track, I have to get this game; I am literally more excited for this than anything else next year. I'm stunned that they only sold 65,000 copies in Japan; I really hope it does well here.

Since Deadpool is one of my top 5 favorite superheroes, I'm looking forward to this. From what I can tell, they're keeping it very close to the comic books, and it looks like the gameplay is awesome, too.

I WANT TO PLAY AS GREEN ARROW SO BADLY

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 01:24AM EST

Call of duty 357: modern future trebuchets of lasers

I don't know. The games I was waiting for came out already. I'm looking forward to the games they'll announce. Mabye well see f-zero, metroid, super smash bros, or whatever for the wii u. I'm looking forward to that. Also, what's next for Pokemon. Besides that, I don't know. I doubt we'll hear anything about halo 5.

Teh Brawler wrote:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Elaborate.

Ok, so I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing, as I do many sim games. However, by the Wii game, I can admit they kept recycling the main engine of the game, Move in, work a short while, repay your mortgage, and collect stuff. When I heard about the new deatures for this game, I got excited. Instead of the usual style, you become the mayor, with the purpose of building up the town (e.g. From small changes like benches or Street Lights to bringing in Shops and Civilians). Despite, all this, you still live in a tent, so you have to save up to get Tom Nook (who now is an Estate Agent) to build you a house. It may seem like not much to the casual gamer, but fans know that nearly everything about this new game (down to being able to swim now) is a massive change for the better.

Twenty-One wrote:

Ok, so I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing, as I do many sim games. However, by the Wii game, I can admit they kept recycling the main engine of the game, Move in, work a short while, repay your mortgage, and collect stuff. When I heard about the new deatures for this game, I got excited. Instead of the usual style, you become the mayor, with the purpose of building up the town (e.g. From small changes like benches or Street Lights to bringing in Shops and Civilians). Despite, all this, you still live in a tent, so you have to save up to get Tom Nook (who now is an Estate Agent) to build you a house. It may seem like not much to the casual gamer, but fans know that nearly everything about this new game (down to being able to swim now) is a massive change for the better.

No, I meant, I hadn't heard of this game before now, and I wanted you to explain the game to me. I'm excited for a new Animal Crossing title.

Teh Brawler wrote:

No, I meant, I hadn't heard of this game before now, and I wanted you to explain the game to me. I'm excited for a new Animal Crossing title.

As am I…

MORTGAGES WITHOUT INTEREST FTW!!1

No mention to Planetary Annihilation?

Also, I'm waiting for the StarCraft 2's Expensions since 2010.

Other honorable titles would be:
Dead Space 3
GTA 5
Sim City
Watch Dogs
And others that I can't remember right now.

Last edited Nov 19, 2012 at 11:27AM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

Ah, fair enough. I was a bit rushed at the time so I didn't read it well. Here's the trailer, hope it's ok.

Distance is the one big thing that's actually been announced so far, as far as I'm concerned. And I don't want to brag or anything, but I put up the $10,000 to get an arcade cabinet.

Yeah.

Other than that, I'm hoping Nintendo decides to do something with F-Zero. If they aren't willing to do anything on that front, I guess I'll just stick to Sodium 2: Project Velocity on Playstation Home.

I'm hoping for the next game in the Fallout series to be announced and released in 2013.

Hopefully Fallout: Canada (Great White North Edition)

Cyber6x wrote:

and…

Very fine choices Brawler, although I've heard that Deadpool might be a bit generic (in terms of gameplay).

Thanks, Cyber. I'm curious what that second screen cap is of; I haven't seen it before

Teh Brawler wrote:

Thanks, Cyber. I'm curious what that second screen cap is of; I haven't seen it before

Tearaway, Vita game made by the creators of LittleBigPlanet. Here's the trailer -

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

Keep dreaming.

We all know that aint gonna happen.

HL3: FOREVER DELAYED

There are rumors about it being an Open-World, RPG-style game.

And it is announced for 2013 or after that year.

(On a side note: FUCK YES.)

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Distance is the one big thing that's actually been announced so far, as far as I'm concerned. And I don't want to brag or anything, but I put up the $10,000 to get an arcade cabinet.

Yeah.

Other than that, I'm hoping Nintendo decides to do something with F-Zero. If they aren't willing to do anything on that front, I guess I'll just stick to Sodium 2: Project Velocity on Playstation Home.

10k….

How rich are you?

burning_phoneix wrote:

10k….

How rich are you?

He's BSing, I can tell because it was American Tanker that wrote that comment.
It won't be the first time he just plain made shit up.

burning_phoneix wrote:

10k….

How rich are you?

I would tell you if I thought it would be safe to.

You should know, Phoenix. I used to spend $500 a month on World of Tanks.

I made sure to do the research before putting up the money. Kickstarter and Refract are legit, I assure you. I wouldn't have put up the money if I wasn't sure of that.

Suffice to say, I have enough money to do things like this. I'll make sure to post pics of it to my profile when the cabinet arrives, which should be some time in May. I'm considering it an early birthday gift to myself.

EDIT: @ Katie: Backers List for Distance. Look for "Thomas Nair". That's me.

EDIT2: My Kickstarter profile. In case you need more proof.

Last edited Nov 22, 2012 at 12:34PM EST

Ann Hiro wrote:

The first Tales of Xillia is having it's English release 2013.

One of these days, I'm going to sit down and play the Tales games.

I also say that about Metal Gear, which has yet to happen.

Cyber6x wrote:

Tearaway, Vita game made by the creators of LittleBigPlanet. Here's the trailer -

Oh man, that looks fantastic. I'm not inclined to go get a PS Vita for just one game, but I'm definitely going to have to snag that from a friend when it comes out.

Thanks to this thread the amount of games I'm anticipating more than doubled ,but here's some of the ones I knew of beforehand:

• Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs: I loved the subtle, atmospheric, soul crushing horror of the original (and its expansion), and from what the devs said they're keeping the core concepts of descent, while changing enough to make it feel new.

• Bioshock: Infinite: Although I never finished the first two for one reason or another, I played them both extensively and really liked them. Though as cool as the setting was, by the time I put down 2 I was kinda sick of cramped, dark, underwater corridors, so pretty lucky that this game is essentially the polar opposite.

• GTA V: From all the previews and pre-release info, this basically sounds like the best thing ever. Re-worked gameplay across the board, planes are back, water is hinted to be more three dimensional (a la Gta SA), and the map is big enough to cram GTA IV, SA, and Red Dead's worlds into it with room to spare.

• Metro: Last Light: Not much to say about this one, hadn't done much research and didn't play the original (a problem that will be corrected), but its story and gameplay look cool enough.

• Pikmin 3: Again, not much research, but it's pikmin so unless they turned it into an fps, I'll love it.

• Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time: I absolutely adored the original three, so here's hoping the new one comes out just as great. Unfortunately enough, I don't have a PS3, but I'm hoping to get one when the price drops for one reason or another (I dunno, maybe they'll make a hyper-slim edition and the normal ones'll go down, or the WiiU will start outselling them, or somethin).

• Watch Dogs: HOLY CRAP IT'S NOT A SEQUEL! Yup, a band new IP that looks cools as hell. I'm hoping the hack everything mechanic will live up to how cool it looks in the previews and doesn't become a back seat gimmick. Also hoping there'll be multiple solutions to things, so I don't have to kill about half a dozen innocent people in a car wreck to stop the bad guys like in the preview, but that's just personal prefrence.

• The Deadpool Game: Bit nervous about this one, but if they manage to make the game "deadpool-y" enough, it'll probably be one of the gretest things ever.

• Any Valve game ending in a 3: Now that valve has pushed nearly every one of their IP's to the second installment, they have to at least announce something with a 3. Right?

…Right?
Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 04:05AM EST

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I would tell you if I thought it would be safe to.

You should know, Phoenix. I used to spend $500 a month on World of Tanks.

I made sure to do the research before putting up the money. Kickstarter and Refract are legit, I assure you. I wouldn't have put up the money if I wasn't sure of that.

Suffice to say, I have enough money to do things like this. I'll make sure to post pics of it to my profile when the cabinet arrives, which should be some time in May. I'm considering it an early birthday gift to myself.

EDIT: @ Katie: Backers List for Distance. Look for "Thomas Nair". That's me.

EDIT2: My Kickstarter profile. In case you need more proof.

I know you used to spend 500 bucks on WoT.

That's why I asked how rich you are, since I assumed you blew all your cocaine money on WoT. :P

burning_phoneix wrote:

I know you used to spend 500 bucks on WoT.

That's why I asked how rich you are, since I assumed you blew all your cocaine money on WoT. :P

Well okay, I only keep a small amount of my money in my checking account (ready to use at a moment's notice). I have most of it in my savings account (stowed away for later use).

But I'm not about to tell anyone just how much is in my savings account. Not even via PM would I be willing to do that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!