Forums / Discussion / General

171,039 total conversations in 5,490 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
A few thoughts of the world.

Last posted Nov 21, 2012 at 06:22PM EST. Added Nov 21, 2012 at 05:32PM EST
10 posts from 7 users

I do sit down every so often and think about the world around me, about who I am, how I affect others, how society is around me, how the world is going.

Being Christian and moral isn’t easy. You basically are part of a group that the new age societ is brcoming increasingly hostile to. Many idols of thenew generation are those who do and act what would be unacceptable and immoral just forty years ago.

Even worse is being a brony in this age of trasition.
You are now seen as not rightous by what you oould hve assumed to be your allies. Queer, gay, faggot…stigmas. Yet I just roll by, letting the jeers of those who wish to hate fly over my mind.

Real problems start when you start to find yourselves isololated by members of your own group. Your moral ideals are obsolete in modern society. The thought and belief of having a certain set of rules makes you look like another Adolf Hitler.

I am a fanfic writer, but being one, I’m fully aware of the other things that are written about. Just as well, being brony just on KYM, one sees just in our own image gallery what this fandom’s about on certain things.

Drugs, homosexuality, it’s all being see as a norm. Not a login goes by on FIMFiction that I don’t see a lesbain ship fic roll on the featured list. Not a day goes by either where I don’t see an art or smething get more of a positive reaction for homosexaul qualities.

Explanation? Simple: lack of male characters. Nothing more direct. Yet again, the reaction should be we get to bored of shipping the same male(s) over and over, and that’s why we’re disliked. Yet the idiosyncrasy is that the fandom resorted to seeing lesbianism as a societal norm in this universe. But why is homosexuality so accepted by the bronies?

Now, to be clear, I do not hate anyone. It doesn’t matter what race, gender, sexual preference, or what-not, I don’t discriminate. But, Idon’t think that evrything should be seen as a norm. Like homosexality: it’s there, and it doesn’t matter that it is, but it isn’t nirmal. Realize that; it is not a natural process. Now, that doesn’t make it a condemnable thing, but it isn’t normal by any standards.

I guess my problem is that I am seeing it start to be considered normal when it isn’t. I even recognize I’m not normal. It’s just hard to see that others consider it a normal thing. To see story after story and friend afterfrend describe these things…no wonderrom the outside we’re called queers and faggots. It still isn’t right for us to be labeled as such, and I don’t think its rightfor usto be caled such, but…I don’t know. I just don’t know anymore. There is no such thing as normal anymore, no standards or regulations to dictate nture. It’s all one ball now.

That’s just one issue out of many. There are litlerally hundreds ofother problems in the world. Drugs, money, change, definition of love…

Bottom Line: We live in a world of shit. That’s it. There is nothing we can do. My fandom, my society, my country, my world, is beyond repair. All we can do is live our lives

Thoughts? Additions? And pleasebe respectful. I don’t wish to disrespect anyone by writing this. Please return the favor. Basically, the question is: what’s wrong with the world today?

I suppose this covers it very well:

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 05:39PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 05:32PM EST

You say you don’t hate homosexuals but they aren’t normal or natural. If your just referring to shipping I do agree that they put characters together for the sake of it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 05:57PM EST

My inner grammar Nazi is killing me. But on topic, if this is serious, then I accept your viewpoint, but be wary that this matter does affect a number of users on this site (myself included). This is of course, if you are talking about Homosexuality in general and not just FiM shipping.

Last edited Nov 21, 2012 at 06:12PM EST
Nov 21, 2012 at 06:11PM EST

What the fuck does My Little Pony shipping have to do with the condition of humanity/society?

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:16PM EST

I’m deleting it all; someone close this thread

Sorry; haven’t slept well in days. Yeah, I sound drunk. I’m not; I don’t drink. Probably won’t sleep well again…ever. But that’s beside the point.

Sorry about all this; forget, move on. Sometimes I ramble…

Peace out

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:17PM EST

@Popper

It’s funnier to imagine you saying all that aloud at a bar while drunk.

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:19PM EST

Dr. Coolface wrote:

What the fuck does My Little Pony shipping have to do with the condition of humanity/society?

Everything…..

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:21PM EST

Humans have about 50/50% male to female ratio, but many species have vastly different numbers. If humans had a 90/10% ratio, polygamy (is that the word? idk) and homosexuality would be more common. Maybe that’s the answer to your question. Nyaa.

Nov 21, 2012 at 06:22PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!