Forums / Discussion / General

232,892 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Daily Dot interviews KYM!

Last posted Nov 30, 2012 at 09:42PM EST. Added Nov 30, 2012 at 11:32AM EST
10 posts from 7 users

I think that image is shopped a bit.

Your parents may turn away screaming from ED, but they can lose themselves for hours at Know Your Meme.
  1. lol ED
    1. Is funneh because flaccid
  2. I should hope my parents not spend hours here. They'll find me.
  3. Heck, I run screaming from ED.

You guys are young (I didn't think you were 35 or 40, but I didn't think you were my age). I'm the same age as Brad, and I haven't done anything like, you know, become editor of one of the most useful and entertaining entities on the 'Net.

It's pretty entertaining seeing that I've met amanda, Don, and Brad. Good for you guys. This is pretty cool.

Teh Brawler wrote:

This is why I love being a part of this site. Even as a volunteer, I get to be a part of something that is obviously impacting our culture and education in very positive ways.

If I apply to the right job, I very well may put my experience here on my resume.

I'd ask amanda for a letter of recommendation. She would send a picture of a cat.

It would be awesome.

But we do really interesting things here. The nature of the Internet as a culture is generally lulzy, but we take it seriously enough (the staff, more seriously.) And it's something people can go to if they don't know they should be mad at a comment or not or something.

Verbose wrote:

If I apply to the right job, I very well may put my experience here on my resume.

I'd ask amanda for a letter of recommendation. She would send a picture of a cat.

It would be awesome.

But we do really interesting things here. The nature of the Internet as a culture is generally lulzy, but we take it seriously enough (the staff, more seriously.) And it's something people can go to if they don't know they should be mad at a comment or not or something.

Hahahahaha

No but seriously, if any mods end up wanting to go into internet related or even service related positions and need a reference, I am more than willing to provide a real one (but can also add cat pictures if necessary). I used to interview/hire people at a couple of my old jobs so I know how to give glowing recommendations.

An excellent read. Really epitomizes our mission here.

Oh, and I also enjoy their complete ignorance of the current state of the videos. I think that's something that's better left alone.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 04:25PM EST

Verbose wrote:

It would be awesome.

Oh, I plan on including my experience here on any resumés I make. As a professional writer in the works, I'm getting invaluable experience here that's also very relevant.

amanda b. wrote:

Hahahahaha

No but seriously, if any mods end up wanting to go into internet related or even service related positions and need a reference, I am more than willing to provide a real one (but can also add cat pictures if necessary). I used to interview/hire people at a couple of my old jobs so I know how to give glowing recommendations.

I would request a recommendation just for the cat pictures.

I'm trying to get an internship at this "Know Your Meme" (it's some semi-business about stalking Reddit). I heard one of the bosses likes cats.

Last edited Nov 30, 2012 at 09:47PM EST

Howdy! You must login or signup first!